CAGCAA - NCAA 09 Dynasty - 2009 Season - Week 19 Week Deadline: 6/7

Week 13 Recap:

This was the last week of the regular season for most teams around the country, which wasn't all that interesting for the National Championship game race. Ohio State won a close game over Michigan, USC demolished Arizona State, and Indiana's waiting for USC to slip up in one of their last two games to see if they get the shot at the championship. As quickly as Texas dropped from the Top 25, they are now back in at #19, though the teams from #21 all the way through #24 (South Carolina, Florida, Tulse, and Oregon) were cut from the Top 25. That allowed San Diego State, Rutgers, and Utah to make an appearance.

The Heisman Watch for this week sees the same two players in the top two spots with Kellen Lewis of Indiana at #1 and Julio Jones from Alabama at #2. Terrelle Pryor fell to the #4 spot after his performance against Michigan while LeSean McCoy rose to the #3 spot. Arrelious Benn returned to the Heisman Watch once again at the #5 spot this week.

Indiana's Justin Carrington won this week's National Defensive Player of the Week award, and the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week award by default, with seven tackles and an amazing seven interceptions against Purdue. The SEC Defensive Player of the Week award belongs to Arkansas' Adrian Davis, who had a big performance with nine tackles and a sack against LSU last week.

There are some small updates for the projected bowl matchups, with new opponents for Illinois, Tennessee, and Alabama in their respective bowls. The updated bowl projection list:

Champs Sports Bowl - 12/28 - Illinois vs. Boston College
Music City Bowl - 12/31 - Tennessee vs. Ohio
Rose Bowl - 1/1 - Indiana vs. Missouri
Sugar Bowl - 1/1 - Alabama vs. Clemson
Fiesta Bowl - 1/2 - Oklahoma vs. Vanderbilt
BCS National Championship - 1/8 - USC vs. Ohio State

This week's schedule is very light, as nobody has a game this week, but there are still some interesting games out there. Noobs to the Top 25, #23 San Diego State and #24 Rutgers, are facing off to see who will stay in the Top 25 for next week. #9 Pittsburgh and #20 Purdue are facing off for a chance at getting into better bowl games. #11 Arizona and #13 Arizona State face off once more in the annual Duel in the Desert game. #10 Clemson has seen a recent burst in their rank and want to defend that new rank and a slot in a BCS bowl game by beating #25 Utah. Look for a potential loss for USC to UCLA in another big rivalry game this week in the Pac-10.

Since there are no games being played this week. Feel free to get on by Wednesday and get your recruiting in so these next two gameless weeks can be fit into just one week of recruiting.

Whats the deal with this league? Is it still one? Is it dead? Are people waiting until July for NCAA10, whats going on?

Sorry for the delay. I've been a bit busy lately and this slipped through the cracks, but I will move the league to the next week for further recruiting for this half week, though I think this may be the last season for this particular league. Unless EA announces that online dynasties from 09 can carry over to 10 or there is enough response to continue, the amount of games I'm seeing that are not played each week leads me to conclude that this will probably be the last season for this dynasty.

Week 14 Recap:

With the games scheduled for this past week dwindling, not too much happened to the Top 25. Pittsburgh lost to drop to the #14 spot, San Diego State and Utah dropped from the Top 25 to let Wisconsin and Cincinnati take over the #25 and #24 spots, respectively. USC is still the #2 team in the nation with their latest demolition of UCLA.

The top three in the Heismas Watch has stayed the same for this week, with Terrele Pryor of Ohio State falling to the #5 spot and Noel Devine returning once more to take over the #4 spot in this week's rankings.

The projections for bowl games only has one change this week as New Mexico State is now the projected opponent for Tennessee at the Music City Bowl. The bowl projections are:

Music City Bowl - 12/31 - Tennessee vs. New Mexico State

This week's schedule only includes a few games, but there are a few interesting matchups. USC makes their final stand in their bid for the National Championship Game by taking on rival Notre Dame in South Bend. Michigan heads to New Jersey to take on Rutgers to see if they are worthy of their Top 25 ranking.

This week is all just for recruiting, so please get those in before Friday. Conference Championships should be next, which should be between the SEC leaders, Vanderbilt and Alabama.

DUDE First Post.... I am so in.... I'll take FSU if its open. If not I will take Memphis Tigers... yea yea i know.

Gamer Tag : Inigmax

Week 15 Recap:

With the smaller slate of games, nothing major occured besides #15 Michigan lost to drop out of the Top 25 completely, letting the bottom half of the Top 25 to move up a little bit.

The projections for bowl games only has one change this week as Oklahoma State is now the projected opponent for Tennessee at the Music City Bowl. The bowl projections are:

Music City Bowl - 12/31 - Tennessee vs. Oklahoma State

Look for some changes to the bowl projections, at least in the BCS bowls, when Championship Week finishes. The SEC, ACC, and Big 12 Championship games feature the #4 to #9-ranked teams squaring off for not just their conference's championship, but also guaranteed spots in a BCS Bowl game.

The full schedule for this week:

Lee Kirk Vanderbuilt (moonknight25) at Alabama (ThE 82 FREak)

The week was forwarded on time, but I didn't get around to writing up the small recap for this fairly boring week until now.

Conference Championship Week Recap:

A hugely important Championship Game week in the BCS picture resulted in Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, and Clemson came out clean and ready to take on their BCS games with some momentum. Indiana still comes out the ultimate loser being the third wheel on the BCS Championship bike that USC and Ohio State get to ride on at the end of the season.

The Heisman Award goes to Indiana's Kellen Lewis this year, who has played great all year to help Indiana get as close as they could to being in the Championship game with Ohio State in the picture. Runner-ups include Alabama's Julio Jones and Pittsburgh's LeSean McCoy.

Finalists for the rest of the awards have been announced and Indiana has come away with five awards, two that add to the already decorated season that Kellen Lewis has had. Alabama and Ohio State came away with two awards each along with one award for Vanderbilt.

The Clash of the Titans during the Conference Championship Week had some more effects than just the BCS bowls. Tennessee dropped from the Music City Bowl to the Independence and a date with Nevada instead of Oklahoma State. Alabama dropped to the Capital One Bowl to face Purdue rather than the Sugar Bowl and Clemson, as was predicted before last week. Vanderbilt is now facing Florida State in the Fiesta Bowl rather than the initial prediction of Oklahoma.

Independence Bowl - 12/31 - Tennessee vs. Oklahoma State
Capital One Bowl - 1/1 - Alabama vs. Purdue
Fiesta Bowl - 1/2 - Vanderbilt vs. Florida State

I've moved past the three weeks of nothing so we can get down to the action, so here are this week's games:

Lee Kirk Illinois (im2throwed25) at Boston College
Tennessee (THe CH3MIST) at Nevada Lee Kirk
Kirk Alabama (ThE 82 FREak) at Purdue Lee
Indiana (Archsamurai11) at Missouri Lee Kirk
Kirk Vanderbilt (moonknight25) at Florida State Lee

I will send all of you messages on Live to play your games, so please get them in ASAP. These will be your last games in the Dynasty, so if you want to continue with your teams, feel free to save a copy of the Dynasty for yourselves before or after the championship game to play on your own. Thanks for sticking with the Dynasty for nealry a year now and making this something that was worth keeping it going for this long.

bread's done
Back