CAGcast #101: 100 Episodes and All I Got Was This Lousy Clip Show

[quote name='yukine']Yeah because Howard Stern and other shows that rely on crude humor have never been successful. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What other shows? Opie and Anthony? Yeah, how is that going for them? Stern gets away with it because of the fan base he's got over the last 10 years.

Your time and effort really showed through on this episode. Clip episodes can be boring and disjointed, but this show was fun and very well put together. Bravo! If only you could interview or have another skit with the dude that did the voice for lionel, that was awesome.

a full show from half the team.
i enjoyed listening to the clips
and actually missed how nobody was there for cheapy to argue with.
none of the less, thumbs up

[quote name='MSUnman']Your time and effort really showed through on this episode. Clip episodes can be boring and disjointed, but this show was fun and very well put together. Bravo! If only you could interview or have another skit with the dude that did the voice for lionel, that was awesome.[/quote]

Agreed. Clips shows can be very hit or miss, and to be honest I thought this show was going to suck. But it was great, this is probably one of my favorite cagcasts. Great job Cheapy!

And

Great "Best of CAGcast" show Cheapy. Hey if you ever need a replacement for Wombat for a show I can always fill in. Where were the Shipwrecks? I Wanted them to at least cover Live Arcade and Virtual Console!

It's Lion-o, not Lionel

Lion-o
Larry_Kenney_Thundercats_1.jpg

Lionel
evans-mike-ap.jpg

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']What other shows? Opie and Anthony? Yeah, how is that going for them? Stern gets away with it because of the fan base he's got over the last 10 years.[/quote]

I'd just like to point out your avatar is butt ugly, and your username makes your little ''user-box'' stretch out half a centimetre.

Why are you listening to the cagcast if you want serious news? listen to 1up, IGN or gamespots podcast(s). And dont get me started about howard stern

wow, i really enjoyed this clip show. i thought it might've been boring but it was really funny. thanks for giving us this show Cheapy. your commentary about the clips is just great and i like the follow-ups.

this went well with the History of Howard Stern that aired this week :D

Great show. I think its time to retire "Ass & Titties" and use another DJ Assault song - I suggest "Hoez Get Naked" or "Nut In Your Eye"

Aww man, this show never ceases to crack me up at work....a near-silent office!! Hahahaha "Big Ass chaiiiiins, n***a!!!"

No joke, I'm gonna buy Saint's Row just to play that mode now!

Cheapy, you're my hero, bro! And Wombat is Shaq Fu-in Hilarious! I would mooch like twice as much if I worked with you! hahahhaha

Cheers to many more podcasts, but more importantly, to much more success and $$$$ for the Godfather of CAGS

man i dont kno why ppl hated wombat that much for mooching like the guy above me said i would mooch as much as i could if i was on the cagcast

Wow, I'm no fan of clip shows but this was great! I can't believe that meatspin held up so well. Still hilarious! I wonder how many CAGs got their friends with that one (I know I did). Also, thanks for including the 3 inputs from #70. Here's to 100 more!

Ok, so not really related to this clip show, but I just had to give Cheapy some props. Dude has been talking up Uncharted for a bit now, and I was lucky enough to grab a copy as part of the EBGamestop B2G1 deal and all I can say is holy shit...this game rocks. I put it in when I got home to give it a test drive, and I haven't stopped playing since. It is like the perfect mix of all the great things from Prince of Persia; Gears of War; and Tomb Raider/Indy. And the voice acting, etc are great too.

PS3 owners need to check this game out!

Oh and Wombat, I snagged a copy of Ratchet and Clank Future too...so that is next.

he

i have a question

this guy who was eating the sh!t from this woman and takes money

does he told you how it tastes?

what did he say?

[quote name='Wombat']No Show, Blame Cheapy :)[/QUOTE]
damn i was looking foward to a show this week.also can i join your army and help free cheapy from his constraints as a father.:D

This was a great show for me. I'm a casual cagcast listener so I hadn't heard most of these before.

Good job setting up all the clips and what not.

Wow.

Just wow. I got back late last week from 3 weeks of being out of the country, and as such, had about 30 episodes of various podcasts to catch up on. I decided to do it chronologically, so finally came to episode 101 today while I was at the gym. All I have to say is that it's a DAMN good thing I didn't fall off the elliptical machine while I was laughing throughout the episode. Even though I'm still not a fan of the poop stories (toilet stories are OK, but the poop eating and the almost pooping before the G4 AotS were a bit much), I really enjoyed the clip show. Thanks for putting it together, CheapyD!!!

I'm actually sort of glad there's no show this week, it lets me catch up on the rest of my listening...

/tk

After listening to the clip show a few days ago, I kinda feel bad for not listening since day one. I remember a few years back when it was launched, and I just ignored it, and didn't get into podcasting in general until the past few months. But I'm glad in my short time, I was able to contribute. :)

Hearing my song on not one, but now two episodes motivates me to want to do another song with more effort. I didn't expect anyone to like my song when I made it, it's been a pass time for me to make comedy/hell mixes of various things over the years, and when I heard the comments from Episode 89, I immediately took the clips into my audio editor and started playing with it, and...well, there you go ;)

Cheapy after looking back at the old Cagcasts I have a big problem. The meta data is all fucked up and it won't sync up with my Zune. The old ones have genre such as blues, classical, or none at all and won't sync to my zune unless they have the "podcast" classification. Also they have no album or "unknown series" for album and won't all go in the same folder. Also the first podcast has no "artist". Can you fix these items for us to enjoy all the older podcasts on our Zunes? (not sure if ipod is affected) You took the time to go back and add all those damn navy ads so can you take a few minutes to do this? And can you please answer me this time? I have sent you and wombat various emails and other questions in podcast threads and never got ONE answer. Thanks

hmmm, i thought we didnt get a show because of Wombat moving but i guess i was wrong. what the fudge, Cheapy? ;_;

[quote name='Purkeynator']Cheapy after looking back at the old Cagcasts I have a big problem. The meta data is all fucked up and it won't sync up with my Zune. The old ones have genre such as blues, classical, or none at all and won't sync to my zune unless they have the "podcast" classification. Also they have no album or "unknown series" for album and won't all go in the same folder. Also the first podcast has no "artist". Can you fix these items for us to enjoy all the older podcasts on our Zunes? (not sure if ipod is affected) You took the time to go back and add all those damn navy ads so can you take a few minutes to do this? And can you please answer me this time? I have sent you and wombat various emails and other questions in podcast threads and never got ONE answer. Thanks[/quote]
Since you bought a Zune, this is probably not the answer you want to hear, but it is the one that will get you the desired result as fast as possible.
I'd recommend using iTunes to download all the episodes (only takes one click), you can then make mass changes to the id tags for whatever the zune requires.
That would take far less time than me making the changes locally and then reuploading all the episodes.

fwiw...This is not an issue on iTunes, which automatically groups podcasts together.
Is the CAGcast even listed in the Zune marketplace?

Note: The navy ads are inserted dynamically as they are downloaded from the server. I did not re-edit the shows and insert the ads.

[quote name='LiK']hmmm, i thought we didnt get a show because of Wombat moving but i guess i was wrong. what the fudge, Cheapy? ;_;[/quote] I'm not allowed a break during the holidays?

Well then CheapyD is a wuss.

You deserve a break Cheapy. You do a great thing for us and you deserve some time away. Like playing COD4. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm not allowed a break during the holidays?[/quote]

okay okay, just this ONCE! we still love ya, lol ;)

btw, i hope you've been listening to the Howard Stern stuff these past 2 weeks. great stuff.

The next CAG Fund : Lets raise $10,000 to get CheapyD to eat a pinky sized piece of poop and video it for Youtube!

HECK yes mp3 to the end song.

YO YO YO I got my staff of hoen +2..... I found the rims of destiny....you basterd. lol

5 bucks says they dont record a show tonight and we get boned tomorrow. Lucky for me sterns back to live shows today and that and bubba cant get me through the week.

I still think you should have put in the clip from the "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry" episode where CheapyD calls Wombat an asshole for not finishing Portal. Hey Cheapy, I haven't even played Portal yet, so go ahead and call me that too. Why haven't I played it yet, you ask? I'm waiting for the price to drop. I am a CAG after all.
PS. Can anyone tell me how to get these signature icons to go horizontally? Thanks in Advance

The "three inputs" comment and subsequent jokes are the funniest thing that has ever been on the CAGCast. My wife would murder me if I said something like that about her on the "air", but damn if it's not hilarious stuff.

GREAT show Cheapy. I've been listening since the early episodes and you did an outstanding job of picking some of the best highlights. Enjoy the time off and we'll catch you on the next one!

Is there going to me a show this week? Every week that I don't hear you two is like a week where I don't hear from my friends. You guys are like the two friends I never met. :(

Well, I finally got around to posting an iTunes review of the CAGcast! Enjoy the 5 star (slightly biased) review of the podcast! Can't wait for the next episode. This one was very funny, though I think Wombat's witty humor would have made it epic between clips.

EDIT: Actually hopefully in the next episode Wombat could spend a few minutes either discussing episode 101 or playing some of his own personal favorite clips from the first 100 episodes. That'd be great.

[quote name='CheapyD']Since you bought a Zune, this is probably not the answer you want to hear, but it is the one that will get you the desired result as fast as possible.
I'd recommend using iTunes to download all the episodes (only takes one click), you can then make mass changes to the id tags for whatever the zune requires.
That would take far less time than me making the changes locally and then reuploading all the episodes.

fwiw...This is not an issue on iTunes, which automatically groups podcasts together.
Is the CAGcast even listed in the Zune marketplace?

Note: The navy ads are inserted dynamically as they are downloaded from the server. I did not re-edit the shows and insert the ads.

I'm not allowed a break during the holidays?[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for the tip. Yes the CAG cast is on the Zune Marketplace. Actually you are the number 11 podcast under "Entertainment" and show up before all the other Podcasts right now. Actually the Cagcast is on the list 3 different times. Oddly enough the "Foreplay" podcast is not on there at all. I voted to add it but I think other people may need to vote to add it to actually make the list. Vote it on there people!

bread's done
Back