CAGcast #104: Fair & Balanced

[quote name='sugarhigh4242']Interesting PSP discussion.

I think Patapon looks awesome. Here's some other "Designed for PSP" Games you should check out:

- Crush
- Killzone Liberation
- Jeanne D'arc
- Megaman Powered Up & Maverick Hunter X
- Tekken Dark Resurrection
- Burnout Legends
- Daxter
- Field Commander
- Exit
- Brave Story
- Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror & Logan's Shadow

To Cheapy: the RSS reader is for audio and video content. In fact, this is how I download the CAGCast every week. Its really great to download the 'cast directly without connecting to a PC.[/QUOTE]

Well done! I was going to do this for Wombat, but I'm lazy and so you beat me to it. Here's a couple of additions to the list:

- Puzzle Quest
- R&C Size Matters (set analog nub to strafe, rotate camera w/ L&R shoulders)
- Lumines I & II
- LEGO Star Wars
- The Warriors
- Wipeout Pure
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
- Gitaroo Man Lives
- Darkstalkers
- Guilty Gear Judgement
- Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
- Twisted Metal Head-on
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2
- Pinball Hall of Fame
- Sid Meier's Pirates!
- Gurumin--A Monstrous Adventure
- Castlevania--The Dracula X Chronicles
- Midnight Club 3--DUB Edition (Greatest Hits Edition has shorter load times)
- Dungeon Siege--Throne of Agaony

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Nintendo absolutely doesnt need to be (and will not be) on the forefront of what you consider hardcore games. Nintendo's focus, genre wise, has always been pretty narrow. They use their games to drive the marketshare and leave it up to 3rd parties to compete in other areas. [/quote]
Except then no one buys the 3rd party games on the Wii.

:/

And I was *really* glad to hear Cheapy and Wombat getting excited about Professor Layton and Patapon. They're two games I'm really looking forward to.

Heh, I'm not trying to proove your "bias" or whatever, but I just heard your "factual" analysis about 360 vs PS3 vs Wii using "Most Best Games" according to Metacritic.

By the same token, PSP has 53 games rated 80% or better and DS has 47 and you say you never play the PSP and play the DS all the time.

I don't really care, I'm just saying... :cool:

Well, my work is done. Despite the fact that you mentioned my (fake internet) name against my request and that you didn't mention any of the MS facts I posted (but pointed out how many times I said f*ck) and the fact that you obviously didn't read all of the thread, I got my point across. You did say that MS should give everyone a free month of XBL gold, since it was down and that was my only goal. For that I thank you, Cheapy. Since, I've been called a fanboy so much, though, in the past week, just for fun I want to see if anyone here can guess what systems I have (and a little hint, as for the major consoles, I don't have one of them) just to see if they can pinpoint my fanboyism. But since I did stir up quite a bit of shit here and know that I'll never be welcome here again (especially since it was mentioned in the CAGcast people like me should quit listening) then I'll take my leave, now. I'm not gonna post here, anymore and I'm not going to clog up this thread with facts like I did 103. Even though it cost me my status here, my non-fanboyism and until very recently my favorite podcast, at least I know that someone at MS will hear that we should get a free month of XBL for the downtime instead of a game.

Later

They didn't give us a free month because that's something most of us were probably going to puchase regardless. It makes much more sense for them to give a highly reviewed copy of a triple A title that sold poorly. This puts them in a great position to sell DLC later on down the road to a large install base. This way they may even make money on the dabacle as opposed to losing money. I think it's a nice gesture though because the terms of the contract are that we purchase the serice "as is", meaning that there may be downtime.

Good Show Cheapy, Wombat.

What EA should do is go on a competing news station and show how their game was misrepresented. It'd be a good way for a competing news station to show how Fox is not fair and balanced, and EA gets to defend themselves in a situation where its not a trap.

Wombat in the 103 cagcast forum I never mentioned you, because you have always done a good job being unbiased. Cheapy on the other hand.. sometimes comes across bias. [maybe its me] But anyway, both of you now have show exerience doing shows, maybe its time you guys do some video CAGcasts, basically making a blueprint for a show that can finally give some credibility to g4. A place where EA could go to get their point across fairly.

MS knew that they were going to get more traffic on their servers, as the providers of a service they have to get prepared ahead of time, as its their responsibility. No different than Bestbuy making store arrangements to accomodate the high amounts of customers in the store. But overcrowding can bring down (or slow down) even the best networks. I have to give some credit to PSN as well, cause I'm sure they're received an increase in users, and they've made some definite improvements concerning download speeds. I downloaded DMC4 on PS3, and it finished a lot quicker than I expected.

[quote name='Sideshow']Well, my work is done. Despite the fact that you mentioned my (fake internet) name against my request and that you didn't mention any of the MS facts I posted (but pointed out how many times I said f*ck) and the fact that you obviously didn't read all of the thread, I got my point across. You did say that MS should give everyone a free month of XBL gold, since it was down and that was my only goal. For that I thank you, Cheapy. Since, I've been called a fanboy so much, though, in the past week, just for fun I want to see if anyone here can guess what systems I have (and a little hint, as for the major consoles, I don't have one of them) just to see if they can pinpoint my fanboyism. But since I did stir up quite a bit of shit here and know that I'll never be welcome here again (especially since it was mentioned in the CAGcast people like me should quit listening) then I'll take my leave, now. I'm not gonna post here, anymore and I'm not going to clog up this thread with facts like I did 103. Even though it cost me my status here, my non-fanboyism and until very recently my favorite podcast, at least I know that someone at MS will hear that we should get a free month of XBL for the downtime instead of a game.

Later[/QUOTE]

People throw the term fanboy here at CAG because its a good insult. So when you saying something that they don't agree with, then its fanboy this fanboy that. I've seen fanboys a plenty around here, and you're definitely not one of them. This is the only show where I can come and heckle hosts, listen to him talk some crap, and then come again next week and do it again, that to me is the fun of the CAGcasts. I used 3 pages last week to call cheapy Biased... if he calls me a fanboy in repsonse, no love lost, we even.

You're always welcomed to come here and share you point of view.

Learning a Langauge gets harder as you age...so yeah it's not just you.

Trust me I'm trying to re-learn chinese...and that's never going to happen.

SDF Drama bomb? Damn wish I was around for that.

Wombat needing a second thread...what ever happened to Wombat's Journal?

Wow Wombat, you kick ass. First you magnificently host the Nintendo Advance Wars launch. Then, you blow both Shipwrecks out of the water on their own podcast (pretty easy since Mrs. Ship was gone and Ship can only turn into different but equally lame forms of water). And then, to top it all off, you knock out a great CAGcast while sick with the flu after working 12 hours. Not to mention the prizes you've gotten for us CAGs and the blog postings. As NBA JAM would say: "He's on FIRE!!!"

Another highly enjoyable CAGcast Cheapy and Wombat. Fair and balanced as always. I'd love to play some Call of Dooty w/ you, so if you get rid of any deadbeats on your friends list, add pleasureS

Another good one guys, though I have to say it would be nice if the fanboy shit isn't brought up again. I understand why you felt the need to explain yourself, but honestly fuck'em. You are trying to talk sense to people who have bought into a certain product image and go off on odd little rants that no really cares about, making you waste show time. Some of us are still just gamers here.

Is any more of the vid from Wombats past hosting gig going to be posted here, or was that it? I heard him say there are out takes.

You were still being WAY too nice to the haters cheapy. Any fanboy's argument at the core is basically just this, "fuck your opinion, use mine instead. It's better."

[quote name='Thomas96']What EA should do is go on a competing news station and show how their game was misrepresented. It'd be a good way for a competing news station to show how Fox is not fair and balanced, and EA gets to defend themselves in a situation where its not a trap. [/quote]
That is a great idea.

Quite a show this week. It was like organized chaos. At times, the discussion would go from something game related or CAG related to a very unusual topic (e.g. "Sound of Music). Me likely a lot! :)

Also, I learned never to get on Cheapy's bad side. Geez, he was mad! We can only handle so much stupid before we finally explode. I too know the feeling.

The Burnout portion of the show has me thinking of getting it for my brother. He's a big fan.

Anyway, great job as always!! :applause:

PS. I would like to disclose that I too am a fanboy. I'm a Wombat fanboy. I hurt when the threads don't talk about this saint of the gaming universe. I say more talk about Wombat and his adventures with alcoholic boss. ;)

[quote name='AwRy108']PS3 has the most potential of all the current consoles....[/QUOTE]

Does it really though? I mean it's a new processor architecture and we know it can do some things really well as demonstrated by folding@home, but how do we really know that it will ever eclipse the 360 in actual games? We only have Sony's stated specs that it's got more horses under the hood but they made crazy claims about the potential of the ps2 as well and numbers don't always translate to the real world. I remember some anonymous developer gossip posted on one of the blogs back when the ps3 assassin's creed port was nowhere to be seen that programming AI on it was rough, maybe there are just some things that it can't match a traditional design at however experienced the developers become?

I like my ps3, but to me, the future looks bleak.

oh cheapy i just remembered something, that psp rss feed thing I think is only for audio and video, so you can subscribe to podcast rss feeds with it, at least that's what I use it for.

So, can anyone tell me where the contest thread is for this episode? I've been poking around in the forum, and can't seem to find a thread.

[quote name='Yarbo']So, can anyone tell me where the contest thread is for this episode? I've been poking around in the forum, and can't seem to find a thread.[/quote]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169510

I'm not done with the show yet, but so far it's way better than the last few shows have been. You guys seem more...I dunno, energetic? Maybe less cynical than usual? It just seems like the mood is quite jovial.

Also, since he asked, I AM POSTING MY APPRECIATION OF WOMBAT. YOU ARE GREAT. A CREDIT TO THE FURRY COMMUNITY.

Keep it up.

Edit: Oh God, the metacritic thing. Oh Lord. This is so fucking stupid. Please just stop. I was with you until that insanity, Cheapy. Obviously, people have different taste. For example, I can count the number of games I want to play on the 360 with one hand. Metacritic scores aren't going to change that. It's just what I like (or rather, don't). You have proved shit. Game reviewing is always objective and the sooner people learn this, the better for their health and the sanity of everyone involved.

Your point, however, about people chilling out about your opinion is totally spot on. But come on, don't stoop so low as metacritic scores to defend a position that doesn't need to be defended. It just makes you look pathetic.

WOMBAT IS GREAT.

[quote name='io']Hey Cheapy, my son (just turned 2 months old) has had some pretty bad cradle cap. Of course, we call it "cradle crap". So I expect you to call it such from now on ;).

;)), they are also more self-sufficient as they get older. So the challenges change but the overall difficulty will remain the same throughout. And just to make you feel .[/quote]

We called it 'cradle crap' too.

And I think it gets much much easier. It's not like you don't have to put time and energy into the kids- you always do until they move out or turn 16 or whatever. But there's less hard labor. And less constant 12-18hr a day need. Some people have easier kids, but we just found (find) ours (3 and 5) to be alot of work. But it's getting to be the good kind of work, not changing shitbags and keeping them alive. Self sufficiency is key. We got sick of dressing someone other than ourselves, and we're tired of flossing, wiping asses, etc. We look forward to them dealing with that stuff.

We hated the crawling phase- our kids crawled for like 10 months. Every kid is different, so the amount of babyproofing you'll have to do when he stands may be more or less than you think. You'll figure out fast what you have to do to avoid mishaps.

And it's typical that men get more into the kids when they get older, like 2 or 3. Women supposedly like babies. I've always liked my kids, but now I'm utterly tickled by them.

I will say, to the contrary of most other parents, it only gets better. Think about it, when the kid is 4 or 5, at least you can play some games with him. No shooting heads games, but even a basic boring G-rated game is better than a shitbag anyday.

Yeah I agree that putting a console experience in a handheld is bad idea especially if you have worse controls and loading times. I really want a pick up and play experience in a handheld.

I too think I enjoyed the GC more so far than the Wii. I really love WiiSports (it ranks up there with my favorite GC experiences) and am quite fond of Super Mario Galaxy and RE:UC, but the GC was my first big go with Nintendo's games. I had played a few of them back in the NES days, but barely. I just didn't have as much fun with ZElda, Super Paper Mario and Metroid on the Wii than I did in the GC versions. It's not that they are bad games (I finished 2 of them,) but just that my 2nd time around with most franchises usually leaves me feeling more been there, done that. To be fair 2 of those are really GC games with Wii controls retrofitted on them. And maybe the games I appreciate more with the Wii controller are the new stuff that I can't relate back to old experiences.

I think Cheapie laid out a crapload of bs with the defense of liking the 360 based on some pseudo ratings bs. Come on. Who cares what games rate. Also the 360 has been out a year longer so even if everything was equal it would have the most 80% or above rated games. You like what you like. I mean you kind of came across as liking what gets the best ratings.

OH and everyone is biased. I wouldn't be so defensive when someone says you're biased.

I listened to a ton of Stern for a few years on Sirius, and he certainly is a host to aspire to. Not just the seamy side of life thing that Stern does so well, but Stern knows how to keep things during a show moving. And Stern is the best interviewer around. I miss Stern, and I'd pay for shows weekly or monthly to listen to on itunes. I don't have the kind of job where I could listen to more than an hour of Stern a day, and with podcasts like this one, it would be much less. So $12.95 a month seemed like a waste for me.

It's clear that Cheapy has learned from this or is very talented or both. Cheapy is a fantastic host. I think Cheapy has a lot of potential in the future with this hosting shows in gaming. I would definitely record and watch a show on G4 with Cheapy doing his thing.

I think that Cheapy's style as a host is what makes the podcast great. Wombat is a good foil, and I've learned to appreciate him more, but I still occasionally find him irritating at times during the podcast. No matter, the chemistry is excellent and Cheapy keeps the right tone even when Wombat gets over the top.

I have to admit that the show may be at its best when you guys are talking about non-gaming stuff. And the potty humor is definitely appreciated by me. There's nothing wrong with polarizing your audience a little with some marginal humor. Some will walk away, but for every fence sitting listener that jumps ship, another will be a permanent fan.

Keep up the good work guys! I'll cut and paste this into iTunes.

I can sympathise with Wombat's brother and his twins. My friend's wife had twins (two girls) in August, and I know how difficult it is to handle them. And he flew home from Korea to Canada with them!

As for the theme songs.....you guys have terrible taste in music.

I've noticed that Wombat has been getting sassier since he started his UGO blog.

It is amusing to hear Wombat take a dig at Cheapy from time to time instead of it all being one-sided.

[quote name='trip1eX']
I think Cheapie laid out a crapload of bs with the defense of liking the 360 based on some pseudo ratings bs. Come on. Who cares what games rate. Also the 360 has been out a year longer so even if everything was equal it would have the most 80% or above rated games. You like what you like. I mean you kind of came across as liking what gets the best ratings. [/QUOTE]

Cheapy did mention that the 360 has been out longer than the other next gen systems and that resulted in more high rated games.

More high rated games means more of a sweet selection. Therefore, he enjoys the 360 more with its wide variety of titles. PS3 and Wii need to catch up...and they will. :D

[quote name='Milkyman']Does it really though? I mean it's a new processor architecture and we know it can do some things really well as demonstrated by folding@home, but how do we really know that it will ever eclipse the 360 in actual games? We only have Sony's stated specs that it's got more horses under the hood but they made crazy claims about the potential of the ps2 as well and numbers don't always translate to the real world. I remember some anonymous developer gossip posted on one of the blogs back when the ps3 assassin's creed port was nowhere to be seen that programming AI on it was rough, maybe there are just some things that it can't match a traditional design at however experienced the developers become?

I like my ps3, but to me, the future looks bleak.

oh cheapy i just remembered something, that psp rss feed thing I think is only for audio and video, so you can subscribe to podcast rss feeds with it, at least that's what I use it for.[/QUOTE]

I thought most devs had over come the A.I. issues that they had w/ the PS3. It definitely wasn't a problem for Infinity Ward, and Insomniac reported increased A.I. abilities in Resistance 2.

[quote name='Daemon0101']Cheapy did mention that the 360 has been out longer than the other next gen systems and that resulted in more high rated games.

More high rated games means more of a sweet selection. Therefore, he enjoys the 360 more with its wide variety of titles. PS3 and Wii need to catch up...and they will. :D[/QUOTE]

No actually more high rated games only means more high rated games.

You like what you like.

The problem with that portion of the podcast was that Cheapie tried to stretch himself there and well he stretched himself thin into bs territory. He should have stopped at I like the 360 because it has the games I like to play instead of trying to factually prove his love for the 360.

Don't get me wrong. Love the show. Don't care what consoles folks like, but come on that was weird bs. I guess he got really defensive and felt like he needed to prove his 360 love because of folks on the boards barking at him. I think it just made him look worse. I was fine with his 360 bias. I have a pcgaming bias myself. That doesn't mean I actively hate other systems, but if I talk about gaming I'm going to talk about what I like playing.

And you know I like Mario Galaxy. I don't sit there and say oh it's the highest rated game. IT's a statiscal fact. Proof of my love. See my opinion must be right. Well maybe I would if folks gave me crap about it. :p

[quote name='trip1eX']No actually more high rated games only means more high rated games.

You like what you like. [/quote]

Exactly! :)

There is a more variety of games for the 360. A result of this is the possibility a gamer can have more favorites for the system. Add in Cheapy's like for the online features that are missing from the PS3 and Wii and you get the 360 as a favorite for the moment.

This is one of Cheapy's arguments.

[quote name='trip1eX']
I was fine with his 360 bias. [/quote]

Please choose words carefully. Bias is more along the lines of prejudice. I don't think there is any example of that.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, I've been a listener of the show since episode #1 and haven't missed one yet. Lately though, it seems the past few episodes take far too long to get into any actual videogame related disscusions. I personally enjoy hearing about both Wombat's and Cheapy's misadventures, site news, and contests, but I enjoyed it so much more when it was just a brief part of the show with the main focus being on previews/reviews/news/opinions of the latest games. This episode especially seemed to drag with the first third of the show having nothing to do with gaming.

CAGcast is still my favorite podcast, but keep the main focus on games.

Personally I like the misadventures. The longer the better I've already said.

As far as the fanboyism and such in the last thread. I agree with Cheapy 100%, so I guess that makes me a CheapyD fanboy.

OH well.

[quote name='lordwow']Personally I like the misadventures. The longer the better I've already said.

As far as the fanboyism and such in the last thread. I agree with Cheapy 100%, so I guess that makes me a CheapyD fanboy.

OH well.[/QUOTE]

I like them too, I think maybe it was more so the contests that brought it down a notch for me. I mean, it's awesome that we have all these contests, and I appreciate it very much, but I felt the winners announcements just dragged.

I like the misadventures too.

There's nothing wrong with daycare, if you can afford it. Some countries allow a tax deduction too, so consider that.

I like different theme songs every episode. It may be hard to keep up, but it's something I look forward to.

I would like to see Wombat get in some sound effects, a la Fred from the Stern show. More work for Wombat!

And I like the ads. They are short and by the time I've processed that they are happening, they are over. I would approve of another advertiser with short ads, and definitely don't play them together. 30 sec here, 30 sec there. Anything to help Wombat quit his day job.

[quote name='ianoid']I like the misadventures too.

There's nothing wrong with daycare, if you can afford it. Some countries allow a tax deduction too, so consider that.

I like different theme songs every episode. It may be hard to keep up, but it's something I look forward to.

I would like to see Wombat get in some sound effects, a la Fred from the Stern show. More work for Wombat!

And I like the ads. They are short and by the time I've processed that they are happening, they are over. I would approve of another advertiser with short ads, and definitely don't play them together. 30 sec here, 30 sec there. Anything to help Wombat quit his day job.[/quote]

I love the misadventures of Cheapy D and Wombat....bring on more milk-sniffing stories, mice infested couches, and crazy drunken bosses.

What ever happened to your Man in Japan? That was a favorite segment of CagCast past.

Didn't one of the songs sound like a remix of music from Sonic the Hedgehog? Did that song just creep into that guys subconscious a la Ziggy in that episode of Seinfeld where the pig says "I wish I was taller."

[quote name='Daemon0101']Exactly! :)

There is a more variety of games for the 360. A result of this is the possibility a gamer can have more favorites for the system. Add in Cheapy's like for the online features that are missing from the PS3 and Wii and you get the 360 as a favorite for the moment.

This is one of Cheapy's arguments.[/quote]

No this that's opinion. YOu're confusing opinion for fact like Cheapie did in that segment. Fine to like what you like. Stupid to justify it with words like statistical and factual as if we can validate each other's tastes with facts.

[quote name='Daemon0101']

Please choose words carefully. Bias is more along the lines of prejudice. I don't think there is any example of that.[/QUOTE]

Ok there Mother Theresa. Come on. The problem is some folks think biased means they are paid to say nice things about one thing or another or somehow consciously have it out for another system. Not true. But everyone has their own personal bias. Everyone is unfair to some degree.

HOw many times do we judge a game by the cover or by a 10 second reaction to the graphics or by the first 10 minutes. Is that fair to do that? Is it fair to just read numbers from a meta-critic site to base your game picks decisions on? Not really, but it's not practical to play through every game our selves.

So everyone is unfair aka biased to some degree even if its not a conscious effort.

Don't some folks have a bias towards hi-def graphics? The very mention that a game doesn't have them seems to steer that person away from said game.

Remember bias is also defined as "a concentration on or interest in one particular area or subject."

great show guys. Had to chop it into three listening periods due to work and the requisite sleep that must precede it at some point and stuff, but good show nevertheless.

also Cheapy, your pick for the theme song winner is definitely the best one I heard. Wombat, stop being such a comic geek or go start cheap ass comics podcast. :p

[quote name='trip1eX']No this that's opinion. YOu're confusing opinion for fact like Cheapie did in that segment. Fine to like what you like. Stupid to justify it with words like statistical and factual as if we can validate each other's tastes with facts.

Ok there Mother Theresa. Come on. The problem is some folks think biased means they are paid to say nice things about one thing or another or somehow consciously have it out for another system. Not true. But everyone has their own personal bias. Everyone is unfair to some degree.

HOw many times do we judge a game by the cover or by a 10 second reaction to the graphics or by the first 10 minutes. Is that fair to do that? Is it fair to just read numbers from a meta-critic site to base your game picks decisions on? Not really, but it's not practical to play through every game our selves.

So everyone is unfair aka biased to some degree even if its not a conscious effort.

Don't some folks have a bias towards hi-def graphics? The very mention that a game doesn't have them seems to steer that person away from said game.

Remember bias is also defined as "a concentration on or interest in one particular area or subject."[/QUOTE]

dude. your argument sucks. give up.

[quote name='4nik8tor']dude. your argument sucks. give up.[/quote]

Uh, too bad he's correct. A bias is not inherently negative, but the connotation on message boards of that word is very negative. Not having a bias would make you either a very boring person or a robot.

i enjoyed the podcast like always. you guys should show more emotion though. cheapy if a story pisses you off get angry and yell!!!! same with you wombat get mad! by the way wombat i really enjoy your blogs on UGO good stuff

[quote name='trip1eX']No this that's opinion. YOu're confusing opinion for fact like Cheapie did in that segment. Fine to like what you like. Stupid to justify it with words like statistical and factual as if we can validate each other's tastes with facts. [/quote]

Is it wrong for me to get aroused when the crazies start foaming at the mouth? :D

*sigh*

The use of the statistics was to point out that those who were worshipping their particular systems like it was created by a higher power are sadly mistaken and should take a step back and revaluate their priorities.

Because people were drinking the cool-aid, he had to point out that the 360 has a better selection of games when compared to the PS3 and Wii.

[quote name='trip1eX']

Remember bias is also defined as "a concentration on or interest in one particular area or subject."[/QUOTE]

Mother Theresa?! Is that supposed to be an insult? I laugh at your feeble attempts to humiliate me! Ha! Ha Ha! Ha Ha Ha!

Sure, people carry a bias in some form. But, not to the extent discussed in the show.

Saying things like being a fanboy for the 360 or getting checks from Microsoft is just plain stupid. That's the issue, not everyday bias.

Cheapy tried to defend himself because some label him a 360 fanboy. He's not.

OMG! Cheapy plays the 360 more than the other systems! Whoop de freakin' do!

So, in conclusion, you're missing the point entirely and should put your head down on the desk.

Class dismissed.

:D

[quote name='MORT A POTTY']great show guys. Had to chop it into three listening periods due to work and the requisite sleep that must precede it at some point and stuff, but good show nevertheless.

also Cheapy, your pick for the theme song winner is definitely the best one I heard. Wombat, stop being such a comic geek or go start cheap ass comics podcast. :p[/quote]

Wombat-Loved the comic book talk on Spiderman. I thing that should be a regular segment in the show.

Oh yeah and what happened to the Wombat Burrow?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I like them too, I think maybe it was more so the contests that brought it down a notch for me. I mean, it's awesome that we have all these contests, and I appreciate it very much, but I felt the winners announcements just dragged.[/QUOTE]

Ah ya, I can definitely see where you're coming from.

[quote name='Daemon0101']Is it wrong for me to get aroused when the crazies start foaming at the mouth? :D

*sigh*

The use of the statistics was to point out that those who were worshipping their particular systems like it was created by a higher power are sadly mistaken and should take a step back and revaluate their priorities.

Because people were drinking the cool-aid, he had to point out that the 360 has a better selection of games when compared to the PS3 and Wii. [/quote]

See you're confusing fact with opinion still. HIgh ratings mean high ratings and don't necessarily equate with good games. One guy's good game is another guy's POS. So to say you can prove your 'taste' statisically is absurd.

[quote name='Daemon0101']
Mother Theresa?! Is that supposed to be an insult? I laugh at your feeble attempts to humiliate me! Ha! Ha Ha! Ha Ha Ha!

Sure, people carry a bias in some form. But, not to the extent discussed in the show.

Saying things like being a fanboy for the 360 or getting checks from Microsoft is just plain stupid. That's the issue, not everyday bias.

Cheapy tried to defend himself because some label him a 360 fanboy. He's not.

OMG! Cheapy plays the 360 more than the other systems! Whoop de freakin' do!

So, in conclusion, you're missing the point entirely and should put your head down on the desk.

Class dismissed.

:D[/QUOTE]

Man what happened to choosing your words carefully? Suddenly Mother Theresa takes her mask off.

Most of what you're saying is preaching to the choir except for 1st grade insults. I'll just ignore those.

Of course he was defending himself, but my point was you can't defend taste with statistics and so there was no need to drum up pseudo science to prove that you're not a fanboy. Just because the system you're accused of being a fanboy of has more higher rated games doesn't make you not a fanboy. So he really proved nothing. And he really can't prove that he's not. I mean the SDF and Nintendo Nerds are irrational to begin with. And the internets always win. If you take 1 down there's another that pops up.

PLus for some folks the 360 has no good games. So does that mean they have to like the system because meta-critic says it has more higher rated games? Does it mean they can't not like it? Do they not have a defense for liking a console that has less higher rated games now?

How's he going to prove that he's not a DS fanboy now? The DS has less higher rated games than the PSP according to another poster here.

That's the absurdness of that little statistical segment.

And then to stand out and claim he has no bias is also absurd. He got too defensive.

I will say this, to be a fanboy is one thing. To be a blind fanboy and only get angry when someone prefers a system or game is where these problems come from.

There a a few fanatics on this site which everyone can see and thats a lonely road to go down.

[quote name='trip1eX']
Of course he was defending himself, but my point was you can't defend taste with statistics and so there was no need to drum up pseudo science to prove that you're not a fanboy. Just because the system you're accused of being a fanboy of has more higher rated games doesn't make you not a fanboy. So he really proved nothing. And he really can't prove that he's not. I mean the SDF and Nintendo Nerds are irrational to begin with. And the internets always win. If you take 1 down there's another that pops up.

PLus for some folks the 360 has no good games. So does that mean they have to like the system because meta-critic says it has more higher rated games? Does it mean they can't not like it? Do they not have a defense for liking a console that has less higher rated games now?

How's he going to prove that he's not a DS fanboy now? The DS has less higher rated games than the PSP according to another poster here.

That's the absurdness of that little statistical segment.

And then to stand out and claim he has no bias is also absurd. He got too defensive.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the use of the statistics was to show not so much that Cheapy isn't a fanboy, but the fanboys are complete morons. BTW, the stats are not pseudo-science. They are facts. I don't think there is any argument there.

Cheapy was only arguing why he liked the system, not why you should.

I guess the thing to take away is that fanboys suck and they've infested the CAG community.

I need a hug. :cry:

bread's done
Back