CAGcast #115 Shovelware: A Wii Problem

This is such a good idea. I love the orangutan followed by the mushroom cloud. Did you just google image search everything, or did you have an idea of what you wanted to put on there?

[quote name='drspock4ever']This is such a good idea. I love the orangutan followed by the mushroom cloud. Did you just google image search everything, or did you have an idea of what you wanted to put on there?[/quote]yeah, i just did it on the fly.

[quote name='Arcademode']Freaking hilarious. However, it seems so time consuming to find so many pictures to fill in an hour+ cagcast.[/quote]Which is why these will be about 2 minutes. I have no intention of doing a whole show like this.

Now that I think about it, I don't think you should make it a weekly segment set in stone. This one was great for the freshness of the joke, but if you were to do it weekly, it'd lose a lot of that. Unless of course, you were able to put together some A-list material and have the audio to go with it. I say just throw this together when you have an audio segment worthy of a montage.

Well I'd rather listen to just audio. Until you can get a live video feed, I wouldn't spend the time to make something like this. It's just kind of amateurish this way and is more of a step sideways than forward or backwards.

In only using two minutes out of a two hour show you're limiting the podcast to those who don't normally listen. Why would they listen to the whole thing when it "seems" like this is the two minute drill condensing of the entire show. They can save all their time and tell themselves "At least I got the idea of that weeks episode" and never hear the rest of the show

i thought it was pretty funny kinda reminded me of "your moment of zen" from the daily show. now my simple human mind wants to know if we can have a live show again in the near future?

Good promotional video, hopefully people who don't listen to the podcast now get an idea of the sweet lmaonade contained within.

Hysterical...Watched it while taking my morning dump and almost fell off the bowl. Please do more.

Great video - I hope you do video segments like this for all future cagcasts. Maybe you can put up an iTunes video podcast feed of stuff like this.

It was great, and yes, I no longer listen to the cast because it is too long (and maybe because it doesn't have pictures.)

Also I like that this clip, of this particular subject, then has a forum for its discussion. And speaking of which, I totally agree that it's a problem for Nintendo, and it isn't just a problem for the Wii, it's a problem for the DS. I think Nintendo is definitely going to do something about it, introducing a HD add-on for the Wii (and a new Wii with an HD built-in), and a new model of the DS that features storage or an SD slot, as well as a GBA slot add-on for existing DS's so they can be upgraded, all to support downloadable content. It's worth too much money to them to ignore.

I didn't know what to expect, but it turned out to be pretty amusing... nice and short. Audio had some hard breaks that were pretty evident, and some of the pics flipped by a bit fast, but overall I'd like to see more.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']"stupid bitch."[/quote]

First off, enjoyed this video Cheapy, thanks for taking the time to make this and post it up for us!

I gotta say I think this is one of the funniest parts of any video cheapy has made, the Tyra jab is so great!

Go Cheapy!!

I say no the hard drive and yes to using cheap SD cards. You can get a 4 gig sd card for around twenty bucks. One card should be plenty for both guitar hero and rock band.

CHEAPY,
That was great, please do it every week. It kind of reminded me of Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation at the escapist, with the audio juxtaposed humorously to the visuals.

The best part was the example of "huge".
("That's a huge bitch!")

Absolutely fantastic. I am not able to hear all the podcasts (not even close, actually), as i only listen to classical music at work (any linguistics distracts me), and i am reading on the bus. (Lots of FREE stuff at your local library, fellow CAGs)

I really liked hearing your and wombats thoughts, and the editing was simply hillarious. It really looked professionally done, like the other review movie people, zero punctuation. I strongly recommend you continue to make these, and combined with the 2.0 upgrade, CAG is about to get a whole lot bigger.

remember Cheapy (and Wombat), you already conquered the best gaming podcast, beating out "professional" productions that are lessor in value than your podcasts. Time for you all to conquer video as well, via highly rated Utube video's like this one.

With the disillusionment of people over the gestman/gamespot fiasco, your site is really poised to rocket! While i know it will mean less opportunity for me to get cheap games, i still am happy the CAG site is progressing so well. Congratulations. I can't wait for CAG 2.0.

Love the video the pictures ad alot even though I already listened.

I have to say hearing it again Wombat's comment about suzie homemakeris completly off.

I know tons of people with Rock Band for 360 like that and they learned to use it because they wanted it.

As for the dumb people who can't well that's like the "don't eat this" or on the old guess who game commercial about the pictures not actually talking. If you're that dumb you're beyond help and other people shouldn't suffer. Plus nintendo could always include picture how to instructions on installations in the box.

I found this video passable, but more importantly, it just reinforced my visualization of the WhipSmartBanky avatar versions of CheapyD and Wombat doing the CAGcast. Even after all of Cheapy's video's, I still see the cartoon versions sitting in front of computers with headsets on. It just makes the show better, as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe some 'enterprising' CAGs can make Cheapy and Wombat 'mascot' costumes and go to the next big gaming geek event like that. You know, break up the 'cake stories' on Kotaku.

CHEAPY that ROCKED!! Finally a picture of Cheapys big Dumps to go along with the all the talk! Leave that Camera in the bathroom.

Just when I thought the Cagcast couldn't get any dumber you go and do something like this...and totally redeem yourself!

That was friggin sweet. DO IT EVERY WEEK OR ELSE!
That bitch WAS huge. My goodness. I would watch it every week CheapyD.
I have never listened to the podcasts but now I might just after that little taste.

YES YES YES! This was awesome. It will be on my weekly list of things to watch right up there with Homestar, Zero Punctuation, Penny Arcade, the Onion, Fark, Webb Alert, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and more!

Cheapy, if you are reading this, I check here daily anyway, but I really liked it.

I've always wondered why you didn't ever do a video podcast!!! Now I'm going to be sad if you don't continue to do them!! You could easily be at the top of itunes and have video sponsors and everything and rake in the moniezz with such quality content as this!

So ya, keep up the good work

i too vote for one a week. doesn't have to be serious and you don' thave to follow a set schedule except for one a week i guess.. well whatever I'm babbling and this is cool. that's all.

bread's done
Back