CAGcast #118: Wombat's Bad Fact Day

[quote name='CheapyD']What exactly did I get wrong?

January
:ps3:269k
:360:230k

February
:ps3:281k
:360:255k

March
:360:262k
:ps3:257k

April
:ps3:187k
:360:188k[/QUOTE]

Cheapy,

I think the argument was not comparing PS3 and 360 sales, but rather that PS3 sales increased due to blu-ray winning the format war. Going a little further back into 2007 data:

December
797.6K (keep in mind high b/c of holidays)

November
466K (holiday boost??)

October

September

August
130.6L

July

So, I think you could say that PS3 sales increased after blu-ray won (after CES). However, PS3 sales could also have increased b/c it started getting good games during this same period. I think it might be hard to pin-point one reason for this-or-that. But before blu-ray won, the "console war" between MS and Sony was never really that close in NPD terms. Now, however, it is pretty close each month.

My personal thoughts as to why...the Spiderman 3 Blu-ray pack-in 40GB edition...'cause that movie is the bawlzzzzz 7770007773333444 !!!11!

[quote name='banodyne']I've never gotten a straight answer from anybody about this. How does the PS3 handle DRM differently? Because the PS3 doesn't have the RRoD problem, how many people have tried installing their downloaded content on a different system then the one they bought it on? The only answer I once got from a game site was "If you're online you can play the game on a different system." Well, yeah. That's how Xbox 360 handles it too. The issue is can they still play that game when you're offline. Anyone have an answer for sure that they did, not what they think happens?[/QUOTE]

PS3 all you have to do, is redownload the information from PSN once you log onto the other system. Basically PS3 game sharing system is how DRM is handled. No there are some games that you cannot game share, such was Warhawk, (non disc version) and GT5 prologue, if you needed to get them to a new system, all you have to do is put the hard drive into the new system.

once the game is dl'd to a different system, the original or the second copy of the game can be played whenever, however.

I like how in the beginning of the podcasts Wombat and shipwreck were kinda quiet, like they were each trying to let the other talk, so neither said anything. Luckily you guys found a decent groove after a while.

In regards to wiiware, if you guys need a suggestion. We love Lost Winds over in the shop channel thread.

[quote name='CheapyD']What exactly did I get wrong? [/quote]

You said PS3 sales haven't increased at all, and they've more than doubled in the last year.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']You said PS3 sales haven't increased at all, and they've more than doubled in the last year.[/quote]No, I did not...again with the selective listening. I said the sales were flat this year (and after the blu-ray victory) and they are.

Great show guys. I have to wonder why people get so emotional over Sales numbers? People are allowed to like any system they like but it seems everyone has to defend why they play a particular console anymore which is silly.

I do believe the PS3 has massively underachieved to this point and I think the fact is that Sony has lied on many of their promises so far and that is not disputable.

I must must also say for the people that cant justify Wii Fit and the pricing. The Wii in general defies any logic when it comes to Sales of the system and supply and demand. This system is still hard to find and still sells above MSRP in many areas. Nintendo is GREAT at craeting hype and they will do it again with Wii Fit and sell a ton no matter what quality it is. Props to Nintendo for knowing how to make money.

[quote name='CheapyD']No, I did not...again with the selective listening. I said the sales were flat this year (and after the blu-ray victory) and they are.[/QUOTE]

one month this year PS3 beat the 360 in sales (i forgot which month) and this month specifically they almost tied... and in other months they sales between the two weren't two far off. Why say the PS3 sales were flat, especially after this month. PS3 sales are up 127% from this time last year.

Saying that sales are flat is a matter of opinion which your more than entitled to have.

I have to disagree about the NG II download content. It's perfectly reasonable to use this kind of product for DLC. If you want to play dress-up with Ryu, you can. If not, don't buy it!

Team Ninja sees their game as a complete product in terms of its gameplay so why should they tack on some extra chapters? It's just a different approach to DLC but it's no better or worse than any other.

Creating DLC out of unlockables already on a disc is a different matter.

Greenberg made a point that Killzone 2 is coming out 4 years after it was shown at E3 2005. This is true. Wombat bringing up Resistance ignores the fact that none of the hype at E3 2005 was over the Resistance (formerly I-8) footage shown. The hype for PS3 at E3 2005 largely centered around a prerendered video of Killzone which Sony executives repeatedly insisted was realtime footage. At that same E3 Microsoft was first demoing Gears of War. Though neither company develops these games internally both companies are the publishers of the games and are responsible for the development cycle and marketing of the game. It is well known that Microsoft has people working at Epic (ie. Kudo Tsunoda) who's job it is to make sure Gears of War 2 is released on schedule and on budget.

Greenberg takes issue with Sony marketing again when he comments on their GDC 2007 demo of HOME which promised a leap ahead online of what MS was offering. They even had TV commercials featuring HOME last holiday yet there is still no known release date for the service.

Greenberg also makes reference to other false promises that Sony executives/marketing made regarding the PS3 games being 1080p and 120fps, regarding the CELL chip being integrated into and networking with other home electronics. All of these are valid complaints regardless of what company the guy works for.

Wombat saying Sony doesn't need a video store because they have Blu-ray misses the point yet again. Sony has been marketing at trade shows and in press interviews that the Playstation video/movie store has been coming since 2001 with the PS2.

The overall criticism by Greenberg seems to be of Sony marketing and promising features that are either years away or never going to materialize. I think it's a valid criticism and to try to claim that Sony doesn't need to deliver on the things they demonstrate in a timely fashion is devil's advocate B.S. Wombat doesn't pull any punches when taking Microsoft to task over their defective hardware and draconian DRM issues, so it's disappointing that he appears to be giving Sony passes for all of their misgivings. Obviously Wombat is not a Sony fanboy so why is he acting like one? Is it to not offend PS3 fanboys who listen to the show or just to make the discussion more lively? Either way it comes off as disingenuous, ignorant, or simply biased depending upon your level of familiarity with the show.

The discussion about sales is a bit premature in my opinion, but thus far standalone Blu-ray player sales have decreased by over 40% since the format wars ended and PS3 is only selling about 190K a month. To say that consumer adoption of Blu-ray hardware right now is slow is an understatement. I don't think either side can make strong argument yet, we have to give the market a little more time and see if other factors such as price and the economy are impacting sales. Blu-ray sales certainly did not instantly explode overnight and there isn't any proof yet that the format war was keeping a significant portion of consumers from adopting.

Cheapy I'm with you....put shipwreck on, he knows what he's talking about. I think the show would be so much better with Shipwreck.

I see that Team 360 was present for the Cagcast today, in full stride. lol

Overall the show was good, I enjoyed as usual. Even when I complain, I still enjoy the show.

I agree with you guys, in regards to HAZE, I think the game is good, but the problem is that the game would have been great last year. This is the problem the game is too late to the table, and now the standards for a FPS have changed (or strengthned). Game is missing cover, and now I feel that a FPS (not all) needs to have aiming directly through the weapon, Not via a reticle. (a la call of duty).

one question that I'd like to ask in regards to the Sony Promises, If sony makes good on those promises with the online services, where does MS go with Live? Accomplishments, Trophies, in game XMB. Does live lose any customers perhaps? Also, what do they do to continue to justify their services, assuming that with these specified improvments that PSN online services would then be considered to be comprable to Xbox live.

[quote name='cool8man']Greenberg made a point that Killzone 2 is coming out 4 years after it was shown at E3 2005. This is true. Wombat bringing up Resistance ignores the fact that none of the hype at E3 2005 was over the Resistance (formerly I-8) footage shown. The hype for PS3 at E3 2005 largely centered around a prerendered video of Killzone which Sony executives repeatedly insisted was realtime footage. At that same E3 Microsoft was first demoing Gears of War. Though neither company develops these games internally both companies are the publishers of the games and are responsible for the development cycle and marketing of the game. It is well known that Microsoft has people working at Epic (ie. Kudo Tsunoda) who's job it is to make sure Gears of War 2 is released on schedule and on budget.

Greenberg takes issue with Sony marketing again when he comments on their GDC 2007 demo of HOME which promised a leap ahead online of what MS was offering. They even had TV commercials featuring HOME last holiday yet there is still no known release date for the service.

Greenberg also makes reference to other false promises that Sony executives/marketing made regarding the PS3 games being 1080p and 120fps, regarding the CELL chip being integrated into and networking with other home electronics. All of these are valid complaints regardless of what company the guy works for.

Wombat saying Sony doesn't need a video store because they have Blu-ray misses the point yet again. Sony has been marketing at trade shows and in press interviews that the Playstation video/movie store has been coming since 2001 with the PS2.

The overall criticism by Greenberg seems to be of Sony marketing and promising features that are either years away or never going to materialize. I think it's a valid criticism and to try to claim that Sony doesn't need to deliver on the things they demonstrate in a timely fashion is devil's advocate B.S. Wombat doesn't pull any punches when taking Microsoft to task over their defective hardware and draconian DRM issues, so it's disappointing that he appears to be giving Sony passes for all of their misgivings. Obviously Wombat is not a Sony fanboy so why is he acting like one? Is it to not offend PS3 fanboys who listen to the show or just to make the discussion more lively? Either way it comes off as disingenuous, ignorant, or simply biased depending upon your level of familiarity with the show.

The discussion about sales is a bit premature in my opinion, but thus far standalone Blu-ray player sales have decreased by over 40% since the format wars ended and PS3 is only selling about 190K a month. To say that consumer adoption of Blu-ray hardware right now is slow is an understatement. I don't think either side can make strong argument yet, we have to give the market a little more time and see if other factors such as price and the economy are impacting sales. Blu-ray sales certainly did not instantly explode overnight and there isn't any proof yet that the format war was keeping a significant portion of consumers from adopting.[/QUOTE]

Wombat is definitely not a Sony Fanboy, just because he was on the defense of Sony doesn't mean that he's a fanboy, it means that if he doesn't agree with Team 360, then he doesn't agree. MS has made some promises they haven't kept either. Wombat was right on the money, (and you should agree with thise as well) when he said that Gears of War and Resistance should be compared, moreso than Gears and Killzone 2.

http://www.itworld.com/Tech/5051/toshiba-tv-running-on-cell-chip-080111/

Toshiba did use the Cell chip in a HDTV that auotmatically upgrades ANY reception into HD 1080p.

This guy is talking out his ass, and Wombat knows it, and you should realize it too.

Don't get me wrong though... Sony does have improvements that need to be made.
More PSN content, ingame xmb, and

The CAG crossover was definitely a great success. As it has been already pointed out, Shipwreck really knows his stuff. I hope he does make it to E3 because he has such wide taste in games.

I know I'm being nitpicky but Wombat being off about Bioshock numbers made me groan. The game was so successful that it boosted Take-Two's earnings the quarter it came out. The CEO called it game that would become their newest franchise and opened a brand new studio for Ken Levine in addition to 2k Boston.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/18/bioshock-bubbles-up-take-twos-q4-sales/

Great Show! Ever think about having shipwreck on as the 3rd co-host all the time? You guys are great (cheapy and wombat) but so is shipwreck, plus he tends to play some games that you guys dont.....anyway I think having him on in the 3rd chair from now on would make the show that much better....

I can't believe CAG had a crossover episode and wombat didn't comeup with some comic-crossover title pun. No parodies of "the bave and the bold", no "World's cheapest" or "challengers of the cheaptastic". Very disapointing.

[quote name='DQT']The CAG crossover was definitely a great success. As it has been already pointed out, Shipwreck really knows his stuff. I hope he does make it to E3 because he has such wide taste in games.

I know I'm being nitpicky but Wombat being off about Bioshock numbers made me groan. The game was so successful that it boosted Take-Two's earnings the quarter it came out. The CEO called it game that would become their newest franchise and opened a brand new studio for Ken Levine in addition to 2k Boston.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/18/bioshock-bubbles-up-take-twos-q4-sales/[/QUOTE]

I guess the point I was trying to make, was that Bioshock was one of the best, if not the best reviewed game of the year, yet alot of crappy games sold alot better than it did, it just didn't come out of my mouth that way, just look at some the games that sold above it on this list http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9639
Thats the point I was saying, good games or bad games does not always equal the sales chart, i just didn't say it the way i wanted too

*skims through the thread* erm, people are gonna debate over the sales figures now?

[quote name='Narynan']Hey guys I wanted to comment about the fact that your talking about the XMB. I believe the XMB is a issue of available RAM. The original footprint *how much RAM the console took just to exist* was, and I'm not bothering to look it up, 96 MB. The current footprint for the XMB is 72. It's an issue of shrinking down how much RAM the system uses in the background of everything so that the XMB can exist on top of the game and the software being used. I think the target is 64 to have the XMB run smoothly.

Peace.[/quote]

I don't know the specific details but yeah this is why we don't have in game XMB. I mean it is ridiculous but no one realizes that the PS3 was not built with having the XMB running while the games are running. On the other hand the Xbox 360 was built with the knowledge in mind that the dashboard would be running at all times so there needs to be RAM just for the dashboard's use while you are playing a game. Sony has been having trouble getting in game XMB working because they didn't leave any of the RAM dedicated to the XMB. Hopefully they can figure out how to minimize the memory it uses so that it can run in the background sufficiently.

Cheapy,

Honestly, I can appreciate your issues with the PS3 and Sony and agree with you on many points, but when you starts spewing the company line from a Microsoft employee right in the middle of a section that's supposed to be Sony oriented, that there screams that you're in line with Microsoft way too much more than an open show host should be.

Frankly there's a big promise that MS broke that you didn't call them on. That's the promise of hardware reliability. You had the ammo with which to call them on it, and you didn't because you said you knew what company line they would spout. And yet right in the middle of a PS3 segment you turn around and spout a company line that we all knew MS would give in regards to Sony.

I enjoy your show, and I too am fed up with the many Sony issues. But, you are seriously hurting your credibility's in regards to console competition when you do something like that.

Also, a lot of analysts, people that you know who do have the numbers are touting Sony's advances in the market. While Sony is still clearly behind, the gap is narrowing and just outright denying these advances also hurts your credibility.

Now, I'm not asking you to tone down your criticism of Sony, as someone has to do it. But please temper that with criticism of MS when they really deserve it, and avoid drinking too much of the MS kool-aid when making such criticisms to avoid taking hits to your credibility.

I'm almost done with the cagcast. You guys were never too hot with any facts and many false statements were made over the years. I used to love the show ... especially the chemistry between wombat and cheapyd. BUT the show got so negative lately. Cheapyd is way too eager to dissect any bad sony news. Here and there okay, but WTH ... he is doing it constantly now. Like he is on some kind of mission or something.

How about more focus on positive stuff? Less hatin', more lovin'!

[quote name='Wombat']I guess the point I was trying to make, was that Bioshock was one of the best, if not the best reviewed game of the year, yet alot of crappy games sold alot better than it did, it just didn't come out of my mouth that way, just look at some the games that sold above it on this list http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9639
Thats the point I was saying, good games or bad games does not always equal the sales chart, i just didn't say it the way i wanted too[/quote]

Lots of stupid people in the world.... what do you expect?

[quote name='Wombat']I guess the point I was trying to make, was that Bioshock was one of the best, if not the best reviewed game of the year, yet alot of crappy games sold alot better than it did, it just didn't come out of my mouth that way, just look at some the games that sold above it on this list http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9639
Thats the point I was saying, good games or bad games does not always equal the sales chart, i just didn't say it the way i wanted too[/QUOTE]

It's a sign that the apocalypse is upon us when Transformers and Spider-Man 3 sell more than BioShock and God of War II.

another good show Cheapy and Shipwreck. You can ship that Wonbot back to gaytown, I think we have the new dynamic duo. Upping the gentile quotient could be good for future episodes. A roundtable every few eps. and ..ok, Wonbot can come too.

One thing I notice is that PS3 owners still have to get on the soapbox to defend themselves and their system. It's not like Sony hasnt brought any negative feelings for it's system on itself. People need to get a grip on reality and say to themselves......to date.....Sony has underacheived and these criticisms have validity.

Cheapy & Wombat, I was just curious about something. When you have contests, and entries
into said contests require a post in the related thread, how do you decide the winners?

I ask this, because apparently winners aren't decided based on quality of posts, obviously.
The winner of GTA won with "PS3 for load times." Really? That was the profound statement
that merited a prize? I think not. 18 pages of responses that were all basically the same,
and that was the winner?

So, do you just draw names at random? That's the only logical explanation.

Someone should give shipwreck a pass to E3. He was totally right about how sold copies of the Willams collection. I bouht one, primarily off of his recomidation. I don't think I would have even known it existed if not for him. I was so happy when i got it too. If they madeanother with the same style I would buy one. So see ship sells games. Give the man a pass.

[quote name='Thomas96']I see that Team 360 was present for the Cagcast today, in full stride. lol

Overall the show was good, I enjoyed as usual. Even when I complain, I still enjoy the show.

I agree with you guys, in regards to HAZE, I think the game is good, but the problem is that the game would have been great last year. This is the problem the game is too late to the table, and now the standards for a FPS have changed (or strengthned). Game is missing cover, and now I feel that a FPS (not all) needs to have aiming directly through the weapon, Not via a reticle. (a la call of duty).

one question that I'd like to ask in regards to the Sony Promises, If sony makes good on those promises with the online services, where does MS go with Live? Accomplishments, Trophies, in game XMB. Does live lose any customers perhaps? Also, what do they do to continue to justify their services, assuming that with these specified improvments that PSN online services would then be considered to be comprable to Xbox live.

Wombat is definitely not a Sony Fanboy, just because he was on the defense of Sony doesn't mean that he's a fanboy, it means that if he doesn't agree with Team 360, then he doesn't agree. MS has made some promises they haven't kept either. Wombat was right on the money, (and you should agree with thise as well) when he said that Gears of War and Resistance should be compared, moreso than Gears and Killzone 2.

http://www.itworld.com/Tech/5051/toshiba-tv-running-on-cell-chip-080111/

Toshiba did use the Cell chip in a HDTV that auotmatically upgrades ANY reception into HD 1080p.

This guy is talking out his ass, and Wombat knows it, and you should realize it too.

Don't get me wrong though... Sony does have improvements that need to be made.
More PSN content, ingame xmb, and[/quote]
Re: Sony Promises and Xbox LIVE. Then the onus is on the Xbox team to keep innovating and keep adding features. Like how LIVE added cross game invites, achievements, and tied in with IM. What's next? Well, that's understandably something they're keeping secret. But they've done a good job so far which is why so many people are willing to pay for the service. Hey, people can get free internet but most people pay for it because the pay service is so much better.

Re: Gears of War and Killzone 2. Nah, both games were announced at roughly the same time. Gears 1 shipped on schedule.

Re: Greenberg. What part of his statement was wrong?

Wow Wombat had some balls this episode, he was sick of hearing Cheapy talk about the same stuff and had some very good arguments against him, good Cagcast guys keep it up

[quote name='Loonknight']From what I understand those people that "share" games on the PSN you can download and install your content that you purchase with your account up to 5 times (correct me if I'm mistaken on this guys). I'm not the sharing type when it comes to this because I don't think it is "right" to do but that is my opinion, the content is really not that expensive with some exceptions (warhawk, eye of judgment expansion, etc) again my opinion.

I hope that answers your question.[/quote]
Thank you, yes.

[quote name='Vanigan']Frankly there's a big promise that MS broke that you didn't call them on. That's the promise of hardware reliability. You had the ammo with which to call them on it, and you didn't because you said you knew what company line they would spout. And yet right in the middle of a PS3 segment you turn around and spout a company line that we all knew MS would give in regards to Sony.[/quote]
??? Cheapy's been one of the most outspoken critics of RRoD. He's said before that he thinks all 1st chipset Xbox 360 will fail at some point. On this podcast he was even saying that while he was in the U.S. he considered buying a back up North American system.

Just because someone is loud and adamant does not make their argument valid. Wombat was just trying to be contrary more than usual because Shipwreck was there and he felt threatened. He was marking his spot. But having the wrong opinion no mater how loud or strictly defended does not make up for the fact that his many points are baseless and amateurish.

[quote name='MaxDense']It's a sign that the apocalypse is upon us when Transformers and Spider-Man 3 sell more than BioShock and God of War II.[/quote] Why should games be any different then TV and movies. The masses like crap. American Idol is the most watched show but it's awful. And as a direct comparison Spider-Man 3 was the No. 1 movie of 2007, even though it was a mess of a movie. I'm proud to be in the minority in this case. Gimme Bioshock, Doctor Who, and The Mist movie any day.

[quote name='kiddvid']Just because someone is loud and adamant does not make their argument valid. Wombat was just trying to be contrary more than usual because Shipwreck was there and he felt threatened. He was marking his spot. But having the wrong opinion no mater how loud or strictly defended does not make up for the fact that his many points are baseless and amateurish.[/QUOTE]

Great show, wearing the "live cheap" bracelet to the synagogue is good stuff.

Also, the 50 year old salaryman next to Tai at daycare is hilarious. That baby's first words are going to be "You pay now!"

[quote name='CheapyD']No, I did not...again with the selective listening. I said the sales were flat this year (and after the blu-ray victory) and they are.[/quote]

Well now you're arguing semantics - flat implies no increase, does it not?

I've noticed that Cheapy likes to speak on behalf of all those that own 360s in every show now to declare it better than all others in the hot topic of the week.

It's nice to see Wombat mentioning Warhawk and not complaining about it.

What universe do you live in, Cheapy, that Haze is a highly anticipated game? You have to completely out of touch with reality to think that's true. Nobody's cared about the game for a long time after the PS3 got some great games last fall.

When Sony makes good on in-game XMB or whatever else their working on, you'll always have things to complain about. Haven't you learned anything from being a gamer all your life?

Encore's not a sequel to PixelJunk Monsters, just an expansion pack, so I'm not seeing the comparison to Assault Heroes/2. It just adds a new island to the one that came with Monsters.

Codemasters got the F1 license from Sega, Wombat? Sony's had the license for years now, you may even remember the rear view mirror use of the PSP thing from one of the E3 press conferences. Evolution was the main developer of those games, but now have the MotorStorm cash cow to work on for now.

Microsoft was the first to sell 10 million units worldwide, since it probably sometime in 2007, as the Wii and PS3 were just launching then. They missed their promise to sell 10 million by the end of 2006 since they counted shipped numbers as sold to retailers and just forced retailers to take the systems so they could meet their quota. Another mistake on the CAGcast.

Good show though. I hope Cheapy loses his egomaniacal grip on the CAGcast so that when he's out that Shipwreck can join Wombat and host the CAGcast themselves.

speaking of crossovers, I ran into a CAG wearing his braclet at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Lame segway but i had to say that soemwhere.

Great show as usual, guys! As a fellow podcaster, I appreciated the "Shipwreck sounds like he's IN an Iron Man suit!" and "He'll be off the show if he doesn't talk louder" comments! You guys have the best-sounding podcast, period. ...so I'm glad, Cheapy, that you pay attention to every sound detail.

Also, whether or not any of you are xbox/ps3 fanboys or whatever doesn't really matter. The point is, you guys put on an amazingly entertaining show for us CAGs every week, and I could care less about 100% professional/politically correct/financially accurate details. If I want that type of boring journalism/commentary, I'll go to one of the mainstream corporate-owned sites. You guys keep doing what you're doing, as tens of thousands of CAGs wait all week to catch the CAGcast!

Good shit, fellas!
...and good job on the show, Shipwreck!

Cheapy really piled on sony again this week. Wombat was the voice of reason again. Not that I'm complaining about anyone's bias or anything, but the console wars discussions are pretty boring anymore.

Cheapy you've become a broken record, maybe you should sit out a couple of shows and let Wombat and shipwreck bo some shows.

What ever happened to User created content that M$ promised back in '06....companies says things that they NEVER back up. Look how hard it was to TRY and get the cagcast gamer pic.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']According to Gamepolitics.com, Matt Damon wouldn't lend his likeness to the Bourne because he didn't approve of the violence in the game and wanted the game to more exploratory like Myst (!) with no violence at all.

Hence, the developer had *no choice* but to try and make a franchise of their own.

Cheapy said it was a "terrible idea", but it wasn't up to the developer. I think Wombat was right, that they tried to make the best of a bad situation. Too bad the demo sucked.[/quote]

I had heard about this and was going to write it here, but since it's already been said... I agree 100% though, the developer tried to make the best of the bad situation.

For me, the "DLC" on the PS3 is worse than it is for the 360, because Sony keeps trying to tell me that my credit card isn't right. Somehow, even when I follow their directions, it says I've got an invalid address (I live in an apartment). Then when I called Sony support they referred me to their online help and said they couldn't do more than to read their online help to me over the phone (they tell me this after I've sat on hold for 20 minutes). And then they told me it must be that my credit card is bad, and asked if I was able to buy anything else online, as they use the exact same system as most online retailers. Basically, they put the fault with me and my credit card (which is the same one I use for every online purchase, including my MS points). Needless to say, until they come out with store-bought cards for the PSN store, I can't purchase from them. And honestly, with the attitude they've given me and their inability to offer USEFUL help, do I really want to support them? For what it's worth, I really WANT to play Pixel Junk Monsters and Pain, but Sony's system is completely broken for me.

Glad to have another CAGCast to listen to, I hope now that the meet-ups and travel are done, we get back to a more regular schedule for both Foreplay and the main CAGCast. On that note, CheapyD and Wombat, have you decided which day you're going to make the official release day for the CAGCast? There was talk before about changing it up to earlier in the week, but I like having the ships early in the week when the new releases come out..to me, it makes a lot of sense.

Also, I'm glad Mrs. Wombat is ok.

/tk

Just when I thought Wombat was coming around on toning down the anger... he throws down a hater-rant when Cheapy brought up the Aaron Greenburg comments. Seriously, he sounded like he forgot to take his meds. I wish there was more Shipwreck and less Wombat. I had to take a break from the podcast this week and come back to it because of all the negativity.

[quote name='terpkristin']I had heard about this and was going to write it here, but since it's already been said... I agree 100% though, the developer tried to make the best of the bad situation.

For me, the "DLC" on the PS3 is worse than it is for the 360, because Sony keeps trying to tell me that my credit card isn't right. Somehow, even when I follow their directions, it says I've got an invalid address (I live in an apartment). Then when I called Sony support they referred me to their online help and said they couldn't do more than to read their online help to me over the phone (they tell me this after I've sat on hold for 20 minutes). And then they told me it must be that my credit card is bad, and asked if I was able to buy anything else online, as they use the exact same system as most online retailers. Basically, they put the fault with me and my credit card (which is the same one I use for every online purchase, including my MS points). Needless to say, until they come out with store-bought cards for the PSN store, I can't purchase from them. And honestly, with the attitude they've given me and their inability to offer USEFUL help, do I really want to support them? For what it's worth, I really WANT to play Pixel Junk Monsters and Pain, but Sony's system is completely broken for me.

Glad to have another CAGCast to listen to, I hope now that the meet-ups and travel are done, we get back to a more regular schedule for both Foreplay and the main CAGCast. On that note, CheapyD and Wombat, have you decided which day you're going to make the official release day for the CAGCast? There was talk before about changing it up to earlier in the week, but I like having the ships early in the week when the new releases come out..to me, it makes a lot of sense.

Also, I'm glad Mrs. Wombat is ok.

/tk[/quote]

I was having this problem as well. What you have to do is get out your credit card statement, and make sure that the case (capitals and lower case) matches EXACTLY to the ones you're putting onto PSN. I think I ended up making mine all caps, and it worked. Apparently they switched systems to something super-sensitive to case. Very annoying, but once it's set up, you can download away from the PSN. PixelJunk Monsters is amazing!

[quote name='DustoMan']Just when I thought Wombat was coming around on toning down the anger... he throws down a hater-rant when Cheapy brought up the Aaron Greenburg comments. Seriously, he sounded like he forgot to take his meds. I wish there was more Shipwreck and less Wombat. I had to take a break from the podcast this week and come back to it because of all the negativity.[/QUOTE]

How is saying positive things about the PS3, a "hater rant"? I may have been loud but I wasn't being negative.

bread's done
Back