CAGcast #122: Double Dragons

[quote name='Jest']I spit in laughter all over my PSP while playing MLB 08 when Wombat said "Metal Gear Solid 4: Subsandwich"... great joke or greatest joke?[/quote]

I will say "greatest joke!"

Hmmm....just joined the facebook group. Always took you as a Jake, or Jacob Wombat.

If you want to find Wombat's name join the group. The group is setup pretty well too. I will be interested on how you guys use that group.

[quote name='Simon D I']I will say "greatest joke!"[/quote]

Seconded. All in agreement say "Aye."

As for how many Microsoft Points would I pay to take Wombat out to dinner. 1600 + pay for dinner as a way to thank him for all the entertainment he gives me for free every week seems like a good deal.

(Wow that probably reads as creepy/stalkerish behavior so I'll just say "Thanks" again for now.)

First off, Double Dragons is classic. I always like to go with "the balcony is full," but Double Dragons certainly beats that.

In regards to other settings for Call of Duty, why go forward in time when you can go back? World War I offers several engaging scenarios, from the high seas, to the fluid battles of the early campaigns and the Eastern Front and of course the trench sieges. Imagine being part of a huge cavalry charge, or sniping officers or directing massive artillery barrages. I played a WWI mod for Battlefield and it was great, the bolt action rifles really made shooting about skill and the bayonet/knife fighting was intense. If that worked out, you could do a similar thing with other conflicts like the Crimea or the Civil War.

As always great show Cheapy and Wombat.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Still listening but see more of Veronica Belmont on Tekzilla.

http://revision3.com/tekzilla/[/quote]

She also has respectable taste in books. I listen to her podcast at swordandlaser.com from time to time. She's basically the whole nerd fantasy package.

[quote name='HustlerKid']Ok yup CheapyD MGS4 is coming to the 360.

And Mass Effect is coming to the PS3.[/quote]
I would say both have a good chance of happening a year after their original launch dates.

By the way, can anyone confirm the Xbox 360 cameo in Metal Gear Solid 4 that the Giant Bombcast crew think they saw during a press event?

I was listening to video game journalist Jeff Gerstmann and his Giant Bomb website's podcast, the Giant Bombcast. They were discussing the in-game product placement while they played the press demo of Metal Gear Solid 4. Right at the 43:25 mark, they say that the while cruising through the militia's base with Snake's Solid Eye on, they swear they saw an Xbox 360 on the floor. A little text description even popped up and saying Xbox 360.
If anyone's wacky enough to do this it would be Kojima. And maybe it's a wink to the rumor that MSG4 is a timed exclusive? Who knows, maybe a year from now we'll be playing the game.

great show guys. i was surprised by Wombats real name too. once again, this is the best podcast out there. the video game jocks do the same thing at the beginning of their podcast that cheapy and wombat do where they just talk about their lives and they call it "Let's shoot the shit" i think this fits for y'alls opening segment, which is great. i enjoy the craziness of y'alls everyday lives. i also find the AC situation in NY or maybe it is the northeast interesting. I believe down here in the south we couldn't imagine not having central AC.

[quote name='vampireblood']Great show,

I especially liked the part about Tribes.

I've been a Tribes fan since the first one and I still think Tribes 2 is one of the greatest Multiplayer experiences I've ever had. I wish Free form X Y axis shooters would become more common because while most shooters are the same I think the Jetpacks and Scale is what set Tribes apart from any other game I've played before.

Ever since Tribes Vengeance it's been downhill from there and the future of this beloved franchise is not looking to great with Empire Fall Legion a "Browser Game" which doesn't look bad except that being a game you play in your browser it won't have anywhere near customisability as the original did.

I leave you with a skill video of Tribes 2, now enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlAmFPL6xgc[/quote]

My best friend was ranked number 2 worldwide at Tribes for some time. I think it was the first one, or maybe the second one with all the mods added. He hasn't logged on XBL for days because he's been playing the Legions beta.

New Robocop movie starring CheapyD.
k12gfvx5su49a8p1cwro.jpg

Hey guys!

I've been away for awhile, but I'M BAAAAACK!

Firstly, the "Double Dragons" comment was HILARIOUS! I like my women really busty, the bustier the better imo. But I wish to suggest another euphemism for breasts, but it's NOT video game related: I suggest using the term "Bobbie Fayes" for big ol' boobs; mainly since I'm an avid reader, and I just finished Bobbie Faye's (Kinda, Sorta, Not Exactly) Family Jewels, which is the second Bobbie Faye book by Toni McGee Causey and Cheapy, if you wish to import them to Japan from Amazon US, I'd love to hear what you think!

Second, I loved the sounds of Mario making love. That was excessively hilarious, and I'd love to hear more of that!! :D

Third, I want to hear what Cheapy D thinks of the idea of the new Gyakuten Kenji game for DS. I'm sorry if you mispronounce it on my behalf.

And Wombat, #1, your neighbor is a fucking turdball, and #2, the A/C people in the NYC metro area are fucking turd face as well.

BJ

Oh, by the way, I missed one thing:

I never got Tribes 2 to work right on ANY one of my myriad PCs over the years. OpenGL in those days sucked balls, let's just get that out of the way right now.

BJ

Aargh, one more thing. Sorry for triple-posting, but this just came up on my second listen-through of the CAGCast.

Please, PLEASE don't invoke the name of Morgan Webb. Kate Botello came before her, back when TechTV was actually GOOD, and she was hot in a very geeky way, instead of Morgan Webb, who is super-hot and she's completely fucking clueless about video games.

BJ

[quote name='BJWanlund']Aargh, one more thing. Sorry for triple-posting, but this just came up on my second listen-through of the CAGCast.

Please, PLEASE don't invoke the name of Morgan Webb. Kate Botello came before her, back when TechTV was actually GOOD, and she was hot in a very geeky way, instead of Morgan Webb, who is super-hot and she's completely fucking clueless about video games.

BJ[/quote]

Morgan Webb superhott?

She's too mannish, pale and lanky.

[quote name='BJWanlund']Aargh, one more thing. Sorry for triple-posting, but this just came up on my second listen-through of the CAGCast.

BJ[/quote]

You know you can edit your posts, right?

Also, Morgan is kind of mannish, but she has some true Double Dragons.

Great CAGcast as usual, but Cheapy needs to stop proclaiming his love for stranglehold. We all know how much you resonate with the slow mo shooting asians in the crotch , but you don't need to compare it to every other action game - especially when many of us disagree with your high praises of Stranglehold. Everytime you talk about the game I wonder if John Woo is under your desk giving you a stranglehold with his mouth .

Great show again guys!

The Mario/Luigi sex scene was hilarious and Double Dragons will be my new XBL motto!

Thanks for leading off the CAGBag with my question about Shipwreck taking hits from the bong. Didn't Adam Sandler do a bit where they tricked a guy into thinking a bag of pencil sharpener shavings was weed? You should try that one out on shipwreck. Oh well, if there wont be any hits from the bong at E3 st least we'll get some shitfaced video recaps featuring Cheapy & Shipwreck, right?

BJ[/quote]

Morgan has a man-chin.

Man-chin != hot

[quote name='Deefuzz']Morgan has a man-chin.

Man-chin != hot[/quote]

Courtney Thorne-Smith also had one, and she was hot, too (Summer School, Melrose Place). You just have to wear it well.

"I bought Lego Indiana Jones Bitch!" That was fucking funny Wombat, at least for me it was. Went to the Facebook group and I finally know Wombat's name!
Go to the Facebook page to find out

"Unlike our stupid Myspace page", for some reason that one had me laughing too Cheapy.

Wombat, This neighbor of yours needs to realize who he is messing with. He needs to realize that you could “Shit on him from so high, that he would think that god himself has shit on …” him (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas). If you want the next time I am in New York I will bring my 87 pound German Sheppard with me. That dog could drop a pile of shit in his yard that would make your neighbor think he lived in Jurrasic Park!

Veronica Belmont is the woman that gives all of us video game nerds and geeks hope. Here is a hot chick that is dating (and lives with) Ryan Block. A writer of Engadget. When I looked at her I figured she was probably dating some guy that looks like he fell out of an underwear ad. But no Ryan Block an normal geek like most of us. So there is hope.

Wombat if you are going to blast Cheapy for not being excited about LEGO: Indiana Jones then you better realize that there are allot of people who are right beside Cheapy. Justin and Ludwig from the Joystiq Podcast both said they were not impressed at all with the game. I am really not all that taken with it either. Honestly a bad camera in the first LEGO Star Wars was tolerable, but this is the third LEGO game now and still they have not fixed the camera.

“Jews love money, fire, bagels” one would almost think this should be called the KKKCast! Just kidding! When I heard Cheapy make some semi racist remark a few weeks ago I thought of that name and have been dying to get a chance to use it.

The whole Mario sex stuff was just YEW!!!! Please don’t ever open that ugly door of thought ever again.

Cheapy, when that graphic designer guy asks you for your address. You should give him an address that is right next door to him or maybe just down the block. Hopefully he will go down there and pound on the door screaming for the money and then get arrested.

I have to agree with the CAGBag comment about another Call of Duty being placed in World War II. I feel I have killed enough Nazi’s in gaming career. Can’t we have a Call of Duty: Cesar’s Charge where we fight for the glory of Rome. Or Call of Duty: Free Scotland with William Wallace, or Call of Duty: Crossing the Delware with George Washington.

Relax, Hired Geek...she's not THAT hot. Seems like dating an internet geek celeb is right about her level.

And to CheapyD, who pointed out that there were minuscule lines for MGS4 in Japan, it seems that the game didn't do half bad.
http://kotaku.com/5017070/mgs4-japanese-sales-476k-sold-+77k-ps3s

470,000 in the first week or so is pretty good for Japan. That's a lot of 60-deep lines! It also moved a decent amount of systems (77k). We'll see if it can get to a million sales anytime soon.

[quote name='Hired.Geek']“Jews love money, fire, bagels” one would almost think this should be called the KKKCast! Just kidding! When I heard Cheapy make some semi racist remark a few weeks ago I thought of that name and have been dying to get a chance to use it.[/quote]

Cheapy is a Jew an jew's can say those kind of things, just like black people call eachother the N word, our people greet eachother with "What Up my kike brotha".

Good show as usual. The mario sex scenes had me busting out laughing at work, once again followed by people thinking i'm crazy. Though I am seeming to notice lately that when cheapy really gets on a roll, he sometimes starts ending sentences sounding like he's asking a question.

Its hard to explain by tyyyping? But i guess it would sort of sound like thiiis? There was a family guy bit about it, i'm sure someone knows what i'm talking about. Either way great show, I think its been two weeks since i've heard talk on the show of a huge bowel movement, and its quite a breath of fresh ass.

I have to say that the objectification of women is not funny in my book.

I've grown to expect this kind of stuff from CheapyD (he is known to come off as a bit racist in past cagcasts), but I thought Wombat was above this sophomoric behavior. I guess not.

Yeah, I know... I'm the old man that bangs on the ceiling when you're playing your music too loud.

I really like the show in general BTW.

Wombat, back me up. if you make a CAG game you should make it a lego game. that would be totally awesome, come on guys you know everybody would play it. just think about it, lego cag, it has a great ring to it.

I was really surprised you guys forgot the last time Nintendo released a new IP. It was about a month ago and it was called Wii Fit. I know you guys prefaced it by talking about the rumor that Nintendo is going to announce a new character driven IP, so you were thinking down a different path, but Wii Fit is probably the biggest new IP to be released this year.

Hey Cheapy, give Metal Gear 4 a shot before passing judgement. i'm having a fun time playing the game and i'm not a Metal Gear fanboy.

Bezerker, I get it that they both are of Jewish decent. And I honestly believe that Cheapy is making more of a joke of the stereotypes then of his actual heritage.

orko60, I think that she that hot. Maybe from a physical appearance standpoint she is better then the average girl you meet in a bar. But this is a girl that is by for the most part a very attractive girl that is heavy into tech, and gaming. Not all but allot of the women in this world are far more interested in the cute guy that sings on American Idol or the "fabulous purse" that Carrie Bradshaw is carrying in the Sex and the City movie. So to find a woman that can share allot of the same interests I do makes her much more attractive then just her physical attributes by themselves.

I have to get one of those controllers and double dragon, where can i get one, i need one. 30 metres is too much power for me.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg

[quote name='gunm']
Edit: you know, as much as I enjoy the show and realize you guys will have the best discussions talking about the games and genres you like, it feels like sometimes you're copping out by skipping over stuff you aren't interested in like the 360 JRPGs. I don't think I want to see you forced to talk about stuff you don't want to, but it's something to think about at least in as far as broadening the audience of the CAGcast in general.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'm back to listening after about a 5 week break. Did I miss anything? :lol:. Sorry, but work got busy and the first thing to go was my podcast listening time...

As for the comment above, I agree completely. I thought these JPRGs were big news and though I don't expect you guys to talk about them in depth, you could have done more than utterly dismiss them. The previous big announcements of Blue Dragon/Eternal Sonata/Lost Odyssey were some of the main factors that drove me to pick up a 360 after having no interest last gen in the Xbox. I was a content GC/PS2 owner who assumed I would go Wii/PS3 this gen. The success MS has had in luring JPRGs in combination with the PS3's gimped 1080i support did it for me though. (I have one of those SONY brand HDTVs that is only 480p/1080i and all 720p signals get downconverted to 480p - 360 looks amazing on it but I know the PS3 will look like crap for most games so I haven't bought one yet).

Anyway, guys, you could have at least mentioned the names of these new JPRGs and how they might make a dent in what ought to be territory owned wholly by the PS3. I think at least one of them will be multiplatform but the point is since I can get it on the 360, thus no need for a PS3 for the time being.

[quote name='Hired.Geek']Bezerker, I get it that they both are of Jewish decent. And I honestly believe that Cheapy is making more of a joke of the stereotypes then of his actual heritage.

orko60, I think that she that hot. Maybe from a physical appearance standpoint she is better then the average girl you meet in a bar. But this is a girl that is by for the most part a very attractive girl that is heavy into tech, and gaming. Not all but allot of the women in this world are far more interested in the cute guy that sings on American Idol or the "fabulous purse" that Carrie Bradshaw is carrying in the Sex and the City movie. So to find a woman that can share allot of the same interests I do makes her much more attractive then just her physical attributes by themselves.[/quote]

I agree with you there; it is nice to see a semi-attractive woman who knows her tech. Although, my heart belongs to Natali Del Conte. Jesus Christ is she hot.

And Cheapy and Wombat are apparently only Jewish "for the jokes," like Tim Watley on Seinfeld. It's sad.

bread's done
Back