CAGcast #126: Back to E3 Preview

[quote name='Mriceguy']What is the song at the start of the episode? Game, movie or tv show? It sounds so familiar but I just can't pin it...[/quote]

It be back to the future 2 snes. Just click on the show spoiler in the first post and cheapy always puts down the songs he uses. Plus i said "great scott!" for a reason :lol:

I totally agree with the Aerosmith complaints you have. I mean i played through it twice and found it fun, but the were some songs in there that were not needed like Uncle Salty.

Cheapy, as a person of Indian heritage, I would like to say I speak for all Indians when I say that your Indian accent impersonation sucks. If you're going to make fun of my people's accent, at least do a good job. :p

When did Amazon Prime start working with pre-orders? I signed up for it when it started in 2005, but then canceled it when I found out it didn't work for pre-orders. I would have liked to have known that that policy had changed. Oh well, signed up for it now, I make at least two Amazon orders a month so it's well worth it.

I don't think cheapyd gets the Halo story,that is why he is hating on the game and the chief. I'd be retarded to use someone else,m$ better not do that.

another stellar show guys. Even rushed CAG is my favourite podcast out there.

Wombat expressed some conflicting emotions regarding the apparant disbanding of the LucasArts internal development.

I'm not just trying to give you a cop out to buy the game but one position you didn't consider is what if by buying Star Wars: Force Unleashed we send the message to LucasArts that we like their internally developed games. What if by the luck of the straw this game sells so well LucasArts reconsiders closing down development? By that logic you almost have to buy Force Unleashed and have to refused to purchase anything else they do afterwards.

[quote name='Phryo88']E3 prediction. Nintendo will announce new DS hardware redesign.[/quote]I don't think the DS needs a redesign. I keep reading about how 'Nintendo loves redesigns' but if you do the math I don't think it happens as much as everyone seems to imply. (Gameboy; Gameboy Color) (GBA; GBA SP) (DS; DS Lite) The micro came so late in the game you can barely count it. However distasteful I would have found it for ANOTHER design of the DS. At this point I say NO way. now with Guitar Hero DS requiring the GBA Slot. If you're not taking out the GBA slot there's no need for a redesign.

[quote name='JDUB X']Master chief is not dead?[/quote]there's a working theory that links the end of Halo 3 to the Marathon series.

[quote name='raistlin']And today I started to review them on iTunes until I realized Apple wants a credit card just for the privelage of having an account.[/quote]I guess you haven't caught up on all the episodes yet this issue was brought up a few eps ago. Yes Apple asks for a credit card, but you can sign in with an AOL account and give a review that way as well. An AOL account is free and easy and doesn't require a CC.

I agree that we do not need a lead character for Halo. Nobody really cares who is the lead, they just want to play multiplayer. Halo 3 is called Backtrack by me and my friends. In that game you do not care about the characters you care about the weapons.

Cheapy it sounds like you need a prescription painkiller for your back. I would make an attempt at getting come Percocet or something if you've got that serious of a problem. Hope you feel better. Love the shows.

[quote name='HotShotX']Cheapy, next time E3 or PAX or any other big event pops up in the gaming industry, and it's a bit too big for 1 or 2 guys to cover, get a couple of highly trusted CAGs in on it, give them a "reporting" assignment, and have a CAG team cover a gaming event together.

As you said, it's not like CAG is a major hub for gaming event information, but that's all more the reason to get a team of people together (that can be trusted and work for cheap) so you can relax a bit and enjoy the event, rather than trying to take Wombat's coveted title of "Hardest Working Man in the Video Game Industry".

CAG may just be an internet forum, but we're also a community. I imagine there will be a few CAGs available at most events that can toss in a decent reporting job or interview, and help the site grow.

Hell, if we're trying to set up a panel of CAG game reviewers, why not a panel of CAG interviewers? I'm sure that out of the thousands that visit this site daily, there are a few clean-cut people capable of handling an interview without teabagging the guest.

~HotShotX[/quote]

I can do this, and I'll do it for free.

I agree with some points from both Cheapy and Wombat with the 360 marketshare situation.

The RRoD hurt them big. They shouldve been putting nails in PS3's coffin early, with the idea being that they would end up like the XBOX/GC scenario: Lose in Japan, win worldwide.

The ceiling on 360 marketshare is a larger issue that affects the PS3 as well, and that issue is that is it catering to a niche crowd, relatively speaking.

The last issue is price drops. The effect that the price drop has depends on your marketshare position. They have never been able to reverse the fortunes of a console.

For instance, when XBOX and GC had a price drop, the boost was temporary.
Meanwhile, when the PS2 dropped, it had much more success and served to widen the gap between it and their competitors.
Another point on developer/publisher conduct. Yes, it does matter to some people. I will not be buying games published by Gamecock anymore because their people are dicks in public, the worst of which being the SpikeTV incident. I'll have to go used, which is unfortunate, because they look like they are publishing some decent games. EA has been doing much better as far as corporate conduct, but their games still are lacking to me so it doesnt matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aknowlesjr']concerning what raistlin said about listening to all the episodes in a short period of time, i did the same thing. This was definitely the most enjoyable podcast experience i've ever had. CAGcast was and still is great.

I don't mind wombat's comments on the 360. It really is pathetic that Microsoft can not fix this problem. i love my 360 and will be really disappointed when it dies.

Wombat, i wish you good luck with the birth. You seem like the kind of guy that will be a good father. You have a good sense of humor and a firm moral grounding.[/quote]

I read on a forum once, and it makes sense, that the problem is that MSFT can't really fix it because if they do they are admitting that there is a serious design flaw. And if they do that, then all 360's would than have to be recalled and fixed. And that would cost a lot more money than what they are doing now. However, I get the feeling eventually it will have to be done.

Cheapy, if Dyack was talking mess on your message boards and it got Dugg and people were coming to see what was going on, would you ban Dyack?

[quote name='thorbahn3']I hope you really didn't say "As soon as those Mexicans wake up" or at least you said that due to the time of the recording.[/quote]

yeah cheapy, i'd like to know what you meant by that?

Ok, the 360 is just not a reliable machine, but just wanted to add that my launch day 360 is still alive and kicking. I've had it RRoD once, but fixed it with the overheat trick. So I think I got a freak durable one. Watch now it's going to RRoD on the next start up.

Cheapy, I watched them movies you recommended a while back and I enjoyed them. If you have nothing to watch you might want to check out The Machinist, I thought it was pretty decent.

P.S. If your back is still hurting, shipwreck can carry you piggyback.

Pretty good show, guys!

I know that beer pong game on WiiWare is getting a bad rep, but honestly, if you're going to call it beer pong, what do you expect? For whatever it's worth, the Midway game "Game Party" (really clever title, eh?) has a game in it called "Ping Cup" which is in fact beer pong. My friend bought the game because it was cheap. We ended up playing Ping Cup for awhile as a drinking game (i.e. if you sink one, your opponent has to take a drink of beer), until we realized the trick of how to get the ball in the cup everytime and it just became another flimsy excuse to drink. Rumor has it that Midway's follow-on game to "Game Party" will also have this Ping Cup, as well as "Skill Ball" (skeeball), which is also on the original disc.

/tk

[quote name='Wolfkin']
I guess you haven't caught up on all the episodes yet this issue was brought up a few eps ago. Yes Apple asks for a credit card, but you can sign in with an AOL account and give a review that way as well. An AOL account is free and easy and doesn't require a CC.[/quote]

Yeah I'm always caught up on eps. The fact is regardless of method you choose you are still asked to provide a payment method. It will not let you continue in the account creation process until you do so.

Once you enter your AOL details this message pops up:

10f9v0g.jpg

You click review, then you get this screen...

rud7vt.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg
Then you get this screen...

1zvnrs.jpg

After you click continue you get this screen....

33ej0gp.jpg

If you click the continue button without putting in credit card info you get
this screen..

30lmem1.jpg

I would have responded and corrected you sooner, but I didn't realize you had responded to my post. I hope this clears things up for you.

no it was my mistake. I used my credit card to sign up so I never tried using my AIM account but as you say above you are correct.
I was at my sister's place and tried to use her AIM on her laptop and realized that you do indeed need a credit card.

bread's done
Back