CAGcast #137: The Tokyo Game Show (not so) Special 2008

[quote name='TheHiei']I think the whole Shipwreck vs Wombat argument is overdone and pointless.[/quote]

I agree, they both have their awesome goodness. With Wombat I get funny and entertained. With Shipwreck I get reviews of nutty RPG's no one I know plays except he and I.

If you do bring Ship just bring his show into Cagcast but leave out 75% of the small talk from Foreplay.

[quote name='evanft']I'd vastly prefer Ship over wombat. I'd prefer a more informed, substantive podcast to one where one guy never seems to know what he's talking about.[/QUOTE]
Give the guy a break he has a kid to look after,and another job.

Mrs Shipwreck mentioned on the last show that something they were talking about (I can't remember what) would not interest their target audience.

Just who is their target audience? I don't think it's the dads of 5 year old daughters that want to buy games for the kids and need to decide between Harvest Moon and Pony Adventure. I think the people who listen to CAG Foreplay are some of the same people that listen to the CAGcast.

With that said, I feel like Shipwreck's talent and knowledge is wasted by doing the CAG Foreplay. Don't get me wrong, I think Mrs Shipwreck is cool, but I would MUCH prefer a show with CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck then two different shows with super-talented Shipwreck talking about Fallout 3 for 2 minutes before being cutoff by Mrs Shipwreck who then goes on to talk about Pony games for 5 minutes.

This is my first post in this forum. It's my feeling of wanting Shipwreck to invest his CAG time in a more efficient manner that brought me to subscribe and post here. Am I the only one not enjoying CAG Foreplay lately?

And Wombat is great and I want him to stay on the show. I just think Shipwreck would make a great addition to the CAGcast team.

why the hell do you allways delete my cag blogs are you still mad at the cag blog crap I started at the launch of cag 2.0 I'm just trying to get the true story out about what happend on that faithful night and how you banned the wrong guy

I love the CAGcast and often listen to it multiple times throughout the week. Cheapy and Wombat remind me of two friends just shooting the shit and posting it for everyone to hear. Being roughly the same age as them, I can relate to their stories and jokes. The first time I heard Wombat, I couldn't tell if he was just playing devil's advocate or really believed everything he was saying. I quickly figured out that he was mostly playing devil's advocate and it made the show that much more enjoyable. Not that Wombat needs anybody sticking up for him, but I noticed a lot more personal attacks on him lately. What is the point, really? These comments are not adding to the discussion at all. Keep your personal attacks to yourself. If you disagree with what they say, fine. If you don't like them, find something else to listen to. But don't make things personal.

On a different note, I know Cheapy is really looking forward to LBP and Ship seems to "need" it but I have a feeling it will be more of a fad than the Wii. Initial sales will be strong and there will be a group of people who really stay involved with it but I don't see it having any staying power.

Looking forward to the next show!

Hey cheap and wombat,
i have two questions for you-
1. why do you always buy multi platform games for your 360's and not ps3 ?
2. who are your favorite game publishers ?

[quote name='DustoMan']Hey Cheapy just a quick correction related to one of your prior shows. SecuROM - the shitty DRM in Spore and other PC games is pronounced SECURE-ROM and not SEC-U-ROM.[/quote]

actually, many other podcasts pronounce it the same way as Cheapy when they were wondering how it was pronounced. i think that's what the company calls themselves, not sure. although i agree that i prounounced it as SECURE-ROM as well.

[quote name='LiK']actually, many other podcasts pronounce it the same way as Cheapy when they were wondering how it was pronounced. i think that's what the company calls themselves, not sure. although i agree that i prounounced it as SECURE-ROM as well.[/QUOTE]

But there's no "e" and Secu-rom just sounds better, more ominous, so no I don't think we will change the way we pronounce it.

Hey Wombat, I finished listening to the player one podcast last night. I think it was one of the most fun and laid-back show I've listened to in a while. I didn't burst out laughing at any time but I had this constant smile on my face. I thought you looked pretty sharp on that episode.

[quote name='Wombat']But there's no "e" and Secu-rom just sounds better, more ominous, so no I don't think we will change the way we pronounce it.[/quote]

actually, "Secu-rom" just sounds funnier to me. sounds like sucky-rom. ;)

[quote name='LiK']actually, "Secu-rom" just sounds funnier to me. sounds like sucky-rom. ;)[/QUOTE]

I like to think Secu-ROM is some bizarro version of ROM Spaceknight.

Hey shipwreck, has anyone ever told you you have the same exact voice as Peter in Heroes? In my mind, CAG Foreplay is done by Peter and Mrs Shipwreck.

Save the cheerleader Peter!

[quote name='shipwreck']I like to think Secu-ROM is some bizarro version of ROM Spaceknight.[/quote]

OMG, you know ROM! *high fives* :D

i've been out of the loop for awhile (no internet at home, websites blocked at work), so please bear with me. would somebody be so kind as to explain the brian crescente fiasco? thanks in advance!

Wombat, Cheapy D, your thoughts on Starcraft II or should i say, II,III,IV. Also, I enjoy the cast and use it for emotional healing during rough games on Starcraft Broodwar.

Just thought I'd let you know Cheapy - The new marble blast ultra content will be free and it's coming out on Wednesday :)

The achievements are:
Blue Gem Hunt
-Collect a blue gem in a marble it up! multiplayer match

Map Pack Dominator
-Get 40 gems in any 3 of playground, bowl, concentric, vortex effect, blast club (marble fu pack)

Master of the Spires
-collect 50 gems in spires (agoraphobia pack)
Looks like there will be more multiplayer modes!

bread's done
Back