CAGcast #148: The Show That Almost Wasn't

[quote name='crazytalkx']I fully support the idea of Ron Workman doing his own podcast as I thoroughly enjoyed the man's repertoire on Podtoid. Would it be a solo show or have some sort of co-host/s?[/quote]

you= fucking rad! TY

I say host Ron's podcast. He was the only reason I listened to Podtoid. The rest of the crew on that podcast sucked, but Ron made it funny. The best was when he called his mom during the podcast. Good stuff.

Hey Cheapy, Had to write in after listening to the latest. Look some people don't know how to cuss, (Example: Rebel FM)...but I have to hand it to people as yourself that can slide the occasional mother@@@ as you did to Wombat when he wasn't listening to your question..LOL.
Funny stuff!
Laters.

The show has gotten much better lately - I'm not sure whether it's because Wombat's had more free time (no blog to be bothered with) or Cheapy has stepped it up, but the CAGCast has been a much more entertaining listen lately.

I must say I enjoyed the discussion about the advertising industry and it's affect on CAG and other forms of media.

Coming from a newspaper background, I know firsthand how heavily the editorial and advertising side of the building rely on each other. To suggest (as one listener did) that a site or news outlet should be picky of the advertising they run is absurd.

All media outlets, print or online, have struggling to sell advertisements in this ass-tastic economy, so to suggest that CAG or other gaming press should be choosy is like saying CheapyD should quit his job on CAG and join a traveling group of Islandic hula dancers.

[quote name='NutManIV']Wombat said that you don't run an ad for a game the month before it comes out. I thought that was funny since there have been banner ads on 1up.com(a site they were talking about during this section of the podcast) for Star Ocean: The Last Hope since early January and the game comes out in North America on Feb. 24th.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't he also lambasting Sony for not advertising Killzone 2 a few weeks ago, when that was (at the time) over a month out? Now that it's February, those commercials better start playing! I only watch torrented TV shows, though, so I never get to see anything...

RE: Cheapy's podcast numbers - I wonder if there's any correlation between Cheapy's complete lack of interest in the video game podcast community, and his own community (blogs, etc) and his disappointment with listenership. Do the legwork, Cheapy! Listen to other podcasts, and network with them! Take an interest in your career; it sounds like you can't be bothered most of the time. That's sad, because I used to really anticipate every new CagCast, and now I find myself not caring so much anymore. You just don't sound excited about games and gaming culture these days. Prove me wrong!

Great show, I never knew Wombat was such a pimp during his College years.

You should tell more stories about your sexual adventures/experimentation during College. I'm sure both Wombat and Cheapy have stories to tell involving different people and each other.

[quote name='konatachan']Great show, I never knew Wombat was such a pimp during his College years.

You should tell more stories about your sexual adventures/experimentation during College. I'm sure both Wombat and Cheapy have stories to tell involving different people and each other.[/quote]
Whadya mean during his college years? Hes a pimp now!

Maybe I missed it but when you discuss Xbox/Netflix have you ever mentioned that Live Gold is required? I went to sign up and was very disappointed to find that out as I have no intention of paying for Live Gold for Netflix. I know Gold has other benefits, but not for me, so unfortunatley this deal is not for me.

What was this show about again? I already forgot. I guess that is what happens when you're even older than Cheapie.

I do know that the 1up podcast (ListenUp) sent out the Cheapie signal (dollar sign instead of bat outline.) 1 hour 23 minute mark.

You were joking about Take 2 working hard on the sequel to Red Dead Revolver, but you were right!

bread's done
Back