CAGcast #159: Claws Go In, Claws Go Out

Just wanted to comment on a few things,

1. I agree with Wombat that you can't compare Punch Out to Fight Night, it's like comparing Mario Kart to Forza/Gran Turismo.

2. About Tai being scared of leaves, my nephew used to be scared of fuzz. He would scream anytime he had a piece of fuzz on him. After a few months he grew out of it though.

I love the show, Cheapy, but I think the letter was too hard on Wombat. I have also wondered about your investments (not that I can do them myself, thanks to our local foreign currency policy), as you always seem to get into great expenses. Please take care of your friend, because I somehow felt that after reading the letter Wombat was really sad.

Take care both of you.

I think the biggest thing is that Boxing has been on such a decline that Punch Out is, at least to me, a better purchase just because I couldn't think of 10 relevant boxers.

Cheapy,

Wanted to say that I feel your CheapyDad is incorrect when saying that talking about your "internet space pimpatude" somehow creates a rift between your and your core audience.

I personally toil through the nine to five hell of the corporate world, with my only respite being video games, and the CAGcast. Of course when listening I wonder about the specifics of your life, and by divulging some of the more personal tidbits, be that financial insite, how you acquired your wife through a ecstasy fueled cab ride or just how you enjoy pooing in alleys, it shows that you truly are an "everyman".

I do think living abroad does insulate you a bit and gives you the freedom to be more open (fewer "love knives" in Japan, at least intended for you), but I would like to again put emphasis on the fact that your honesty and openness builds a connection not a wall.

Keep the shows coming guys and thanks for the hard work you do for the fans.

Side Note: I googled those Hiroshima wax models you spoke of, and it made me very sad to be human.

Thanks,
MyopicProphet

No posts about beer. That's weird.

Before Wombat even mentioned the beers he wanted to recommend, I had a feeling his Penn. ties would show through and Yuengling would be mentioned. I'm assuming Traditional. Also, If you like belgian wit's like blue moon: Sam Adam's make a pretty good wit as well. Not to mention the myriad of craft breweries and the great beers they make.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HarassmentPanda']On IMAX:
I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy for people who spent an extra $5 on a movie ticket and were disappointed by the screen size...but you would have to be certifiably retarded to think that your local theatre suddenly shoehorned a full IMAX screen into one or more of its rooms...
[/QUOTE]

Some of us went to brand new theaters and still got pulled this crap on us.

Anyways I think Wombat should come out West for PAX 09. Good show guys. I loved the Buck Rodgers(Great opening, lousy show) theme at the beginning.

I can appreciate how extremely irritated CheapyD sounded with his wife about her having abandoned her iPhone in the taxi. He had every right to be mad. Imagine doing something so stupid! I mean, about the only thing dumber would have been to go to an ATM to withdraw a few hundred and then leave the money sticking out of the machine.

But no one would be that dumb, right?

Was really surprised at the letter from Cheapy's dad, sounds like he's scared his retirement fund is gonna be taken away or something.

We like hearing about CheapyD's financial stuff, it's kinda like "Hey CheapyD helps you save money so do it and become a baller like him"

So did the cabbie charge you to bring the phone back? My buddy left his cell phone in a cab last year and the cabbie said he would have to charge him the millage. The guy drove like 10 miles and charged us $40. When we complained about it, he said "Tough. Take it or leave it." Needless to say, we were not happy.

Great episode guys. Star Trek.. is AWESOME.
Can't believe you hate Heroes Cheapy. My favourite series of all time.
Anyway Star Trek... some things you won't understand till you see the movie... Like Spock having emotion...

Open to sequel i think!

Great podcast guys. Really enjoyed it on the train to work.

On a side note Wombat, I said your daughter loves Elmo. Well I do Elmo impersonations pretty good. I also have a Elmo hand puppet, don't ask why lol, and wouldn't mind putting together a video that said "Sabrina, Thank you for the hug, can I have another."

Here's a video I did a few years ago as prove lol. (I was a little under the weather)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4766830333187330869

Listening to the show I was slightly worried when you started talking about Hiroshima etc. I went to Krakow, Poland in early March to visit Auschwitz (I and II-Birkenau) and it was pretty tough. I'm glad you held back and spoke about it on the show decently.

Man Wolverine Origins is so much better with one of the costumes, you're not just playing as Hugh Jackman wearing a wife beater.

I have two comments:

First of all, no disrespect to Cheapy's dad, but I don't think Cheapy needs to be viewed as an "everyman" as much as he needs to be view as a "man of the people." There is a big difference. I don't know if it is the same for other people, but when Cheapy talks about the monetary success that he is experiencing with the website, I get to live vicariously through him, so I appreciate hearing rough details about that type of stuff.

Secondly, this episode Wombat threw out the idea of having Mrs. Wombat comment on a game. I think that is a good idea. In my marriage games are i significant part of our relationship/lives so it would be interesting to hear Cheapy's and Wombat's wifes chime in every now an then.

Keep up the good work.

Great show as usual.

I agree with the IMAX scam going on. I paid $17.00 for a Star Trek ticket to see it in "IMAX" but was directed to a normal theatre with an "IMAX" logo over the marquee. It did sound pretty good, but not $17.00 good.

I'm going to do my best to refrain from any Jew money jokes when talking about Cheapy's dad, but I didn't like his letter at all and thought it was quite petty and mean towards Wombat for no good reason. I've been a CAG member since 2003 and have listened to the CAGcast since Day 1. What I've always liked about Cheapy is how open and transparent he is to his audience. No topic is off limits, be it his wife's experimentation with the Rez trancevibrator or business discussions. That openness and honesty is the main attraction behind not just Cheapy, but his entire brand and empire. Please, never change, Cheapy. I almost cheered when you read the letter. It was very patronizing of your dad to think that your fans are dumb enough not to know you're a "capitalist" and making the big bucks.

If robots could cry, they would sound like Wombat when he's sick. I can understand Cheapy's dad being sensitive about Cheapy discussing finances, (manners Wombat) but owning stock doesn't make you any less of an everyman.

Also, I don't think you should have read the letter.

[quote name='PhilESkyline']I also have a Elmo hand puppet, don't ask why lol, and wouldn't mind putting together a video that said "Sabrina, Thank you for the hug, can I have another."

Here's a video I did a few years ago as prove lol. (I was a little under the weather)[/QUOTE]

I've been working on a Cookie Monster impression to deal with the kids of friends and so on, I just need to get a hand puppet to practice with.

As for Sabrina, Wombat, you need to get that on video before she grows out of the behavior. That is just too funny/precious to not keep for the future (and future embarrassment whenever she brings home a guy).

lol @ iPhone taxi story. Cheapy, your advice probably won't work anywhere outside the States. only Japanese people are honest enough to return an iPhone to you. i bet most cab drivers will simply say they don't have it.

btw, OMFG at the No Voice Wombat segment. i was dying, HAHAHAHAH~!!! hilarious! XD

Last edited by a moderator:
The ECA Amazon.com discount that was mentioned in the podcast, but never linked, doesn't seem to be worth it right this second as they are "out of codes".

bread's done
Back