CAGcast #161: An E3 2009 Podcast

[quote name='Wombat']about halfway through, feels like something is missing I just can't place it...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean shipwreck is always excellent and all, but we, the listeners, need something more, something to counteract Cheapy's bass voice. Should that something be a higher-pitched voice, slightly nasally, maybe with a twinge of a New York accent? Perhaps...
Gilbert Gottfried?
Conan O'Brien?
Pierre Bernard?
Craig Ferguson? Craig Ferguson... Yes, that may be it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbaRyDLMvA

[quote name='CheapyD']I just try to set expectations low so you will be pleasantly surprised.[/QUOTE]

Yeah......gonna be hard to convince the wife you should go next year. Not sure why you went this year. Too bad you didn't leave your audio recording equipment in the cab this time Cheapy.

Favorite quote: "So Shipwreck went to the Ubisoft event and I went to Macy's".

so hard to hear shipwreck, had to erase this one, not worth the frustration of blaring this to hear "ehh...this and that..."

Hey Cheapy, was there any significance to Bananas and Blow? Hehehe. And I thought your taste in Music was strictly limited to Horse feces and remixes of horse feces.

Pleasantly suprised.

Some interesting topics but it was hard to listen to without Wombat (and Shipwreck was too quiet,) maybe it shouldn't be an official numbered cagcast but an E3 special with ship. I laughed hard at the media/press pass line for everything idea, since you two do so much press coverage at E3. Why should you deserve to cut in front of everyone else that is doing the same as you two at E3? ;)

Last years E3 podcast was better. You could barely hear Shipwreck on this one and Cheapy didn't say much. I'm sure the next post-E3 cagcast will be better. Though don't expect Wombat too much, he was fairly quiet last years post-E3 cagcast since he doesn't go to E3.

I'm glad Cheapy wasn't a hypocrite and did not care for the motion technology of MS/Sony. Unlike most of the internet that suddenly thinks motion controls are awesome now that they aren't on Wii.

Though it also made me realize E3 to cheapy is more like his "alone" time. Its pretty much an excuse for him to go to the US and do whatever. If its not that its for him to feel as "part" of the industry which in reality he doesn't even need to be a gamer and his site would still be popular. I mean we rarely get anything out of his trips to E3 besides a mention or two on the cagcast so cheapassgamer.com doesn't benefit at all from it.

I know he said to keep our expectations low but he should just say he's going to E3 for him not the website.

I realise your on the road but this podcast was terrible. The noise, your messing around with the mic or something, you get a text message and that mucks up the sound for a while & constant background noise.

No Wombat, the cheapskate...

Not a fan of this podcast at all.

I love how CheapyD sounds so tired and drained and Shipwreck sounds like as chipper as a young school boy. The week of smoke must have shocked Cheapy's body. :)

I think Motion controls have some uses in some games. I'd much rather waggle a Wiimote than mash buttons in Prince of Persia to push an enemy over the edge of a cliff. I can't see any real practical gaming uses for Microsoft's camera, especially for their bread & butter genres, shooters and racers. And I can't see any uses for Sony's controller either, even though they gave an RPG as an example. Although, I don't know how many lights their stupid thing has.

Overall it was a sub-par show. I couldn't hear Shipwreck for the entire show so it felt like a boring monologue.

Maybe do a three way show soon with Wombat, it'll be interesting getting his take on things being an observer from home like the majority of us.

[quote name='sfree79']I love how CheapyD sounds so tired and drained and Shipwreck sounds like as chipper as a young school boy. The week of smoke must have shocked Cheapy's body. :)[/QUOTE]

No offense to Shipwreck, but he pretty much always sounds like a chipper young school boy. >_>

Ok so there are 3 really cool local game shops that I like to visit, one even gave me a free Atari Jaguar (depending on who you talk to these are worth nothing, but anyways FREE) that I think should be able to have a presence on CAG, I have told all of them about CAG but since it doesn't have any retailer support they seem reluctant to try it. I know they are losing an oppurtunity here but I was thinking it would be cool if they were able to make something similar to a blog that had a few more options that are more geared to retail homepage and not personal blog they could really get their deals out easier than a forum posting, anyways I would love to see these little shops stay alive and was wondering if there was something easy for SuperProgramerJohn to do, like how awesome the statistics page sounds, maybe a local shop portal. Anyways thanks.

Too bad you didn't come seek me out. Eidos had Just Cause 2 behind closed doors and I could have gotten you in. Oh well.

[quote name='daphatty']Too bad you didn't come seek me out. Eidos had Just Cause 2 behind closed doors and I could have gotten you in. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I swung back by on Thursday, but didn't see you. I even took a picture of the batarang to prove it.

[quote name='pinebarrens']How bad was this episode? Should I bother listening?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I grew up in Tabernacle, NJ. Ever heard of it? Pine Barrens FTW.

[quote name='shipwreck']I swung back by on Thursday, but didn't see you. I even took a picture of the batarang to prove it.[/QUOTE]

Thursday was a rough day for me. I was on four hours of sleep for the fourth day in a row. I was probably taking a nap out back. :)

[quote name='daphatty']Too bad you didn't come seek me out. Eidos had Just Cause 2 behind closed doors and I could have gotten you in. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Man, DaPhatty, I would have liked to see that one, also. I didn't see you around the Eidos booth either.

Wombat and CheapyD,

Two things:

1) I would like Wombat to let me know if the "All American" hamburger place on Merrick Road in Massapequa is still open. I grew up in Seaford and I used to love that place.

2) I recently started a thread on the CAG Forums regarding what might be considered false advertising by Activision. It would be great if you guys could comment on this issue on the next CAGcast. Here is the link:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226936

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Nice little show guys, I really enjoyed. Also, like you said, I can get all the news in the many game news shows around here. BUT... high quality information like only the likes of CheapyD can provide, it's only here!

Can't wait for next week's real show already! Also, I hope we get a CAGForeplay soon.

PS: I laugh when Cheapy said how to get the beta code by typing an asterisk on the topic, and Wombat laughed on the background, just as I did. Fun times.

bread's done
Back