CAGcast #164: Wombat and Hitler Were Right

the option has always been there for bethesda to license game engines, but they never have despite every other game around licensing the quake and unreal engines for years (i'm not counting the havoc physics engine). i wonder if they simply want to maintain complete control over the product. they may get some pressure from the parent company to speed development time by using id's engines, but i doubt bethesda would want to change their process now. i hope i'm wrong because i want to see more games from them.

as for the civil war registration thing, the whole thing sounds like a pile of shite. the whole concept as a major story arc sounds pretty blah to me. oh, and those guys are no longer villains if they are policing on behalf of the government. they move into hero status if they are upholding the law. semantics. i know.

Cheapy, completely random question. Is there much carpeting in the apartments there (the ones you've seen) or is it mostly hardwood floors like yours? Just curious.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Fix your title...

"Hitler was right" in any context (joke or not) is really inappropriate. I find that VERY offensive. Obviously, when you guys decided to use a reference like that, you weren't thinking of the millions of Jews killed in concentration camps. Or maybe you guys are aware of that, but don't think of the details - like being given a bar of soap and shampoo before you stepped into a shower that was actually going to gas you to death. Or maybe you don't know about the Nazi groups that went town to town, gathered up the Jews, made them dig their own graves, and then shot them one by one.

I really hate to be so dour and serious about this... but I don't think you should use Hitler as a funny reference in a joke. It's just not right, Cheapy & Wombat!

PS: Very cute pic of you and kid, Cheapy! :)[/QUOTE]

Did you even listen to the friggin cagcast?!
The title has absolutly nothing to do with the show, it was just something to make stupid people like you offended (and to get some extra downloads since that's what apparently works)..

I have to ask, why is Transformers so hated by you? Because of some nostalgia you have with the cartoons?

I've seen some of the cartoons and theres autobots FISHING with humans, and you say that a quick mention of the word ebay is stupid, the action is intense, some of the dialogue is bad yes and megan fox cant act but its pretty quality, a FUN ACTION MOVIE.
If you want the cartoons, the cartoons are right there, but this is a live action movie, the cartoons werent the best on story either.

And you apply double standards like when wombat said he liked quantum of solace, you said that oh i hear thats average, blah blah, even though i dont care when critics talk shit about games.

I understand you can't go to theatres, but you already "download" the howard stern show, so try watching something else than some 5 year old documentary on netflix (even though i liked your suggestion of Jesus Camp) Keep up to date on movies you know? Wombat suggests Wall-E and you only watch 20 minutes of it with your wife, its not nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that they'd send Wombat a review copy of The Conduit. Guess Sega wants to take a gamble. On a related note, if there are any issues with the controls, try the control customization settings (Dead Zone for turn area, auto-center on/off, speed and sensitivity settings, etc.). If you need somewhere to start, Mad D posted his settings, which worked fine for him from the sound of things:
[quote name='Mad D']These are my control settings if anyone wants to try them out:
50 turning speed
40 cursor sensitivity
50 horizontal and vertical view (default)
20 nunchuck sensitivity (to avoid bombing yourself if you want to keep the input for the nunchuck)

105 by 125 dead zone

Aiming and turning should feel tighter, anymore and I personally get dizzy. Feels close to how Medal of Honor Heroes was at. I still prefer the grenade system in that game where you could see a cursor on the ground or wall you want to bounce off of. The online is pretty good, it is amazing what a self funded Indy team has done to work around with the Wii's online component.

My code is 3609 8805 6113 if any one wants to play sometime.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI Hell's Kitchen starts on Tuesday, July 21. I was watching baseball yesterday and there was a promo at the end of the telecast. I think Jimmie Mac was in the promo doing the "confession" or whatever. (Camera zoomed in on him in a small room ranting about something as made famous by The Real World.)

I'm assuming this is him: http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/2009-6-25-meet-the-hell-s-kitchen-season-6-chefs/?page=6[/QUOTE]

That's not him, cheapyd has jimmy mac's picture in the spoiler in his first post on here

Just a little info to add to the discussion about Activision dropping PS3 development. A story just came out why Croteam, the developers of Serious Sam HD, didn't do a version for the PS3 along with the Xbox and PC remake.

"We did plan for PSN at the start of Serious Sam HD development," said Ribaric.

"[We] couldn't get additional financing to support [the] extra development time needed," he continued. "It was either to do PSN by the same date or forget about it. There was also a thought to find another team to do it, but nobody was either willing (a.k.a. not enough time/money/interest) or realistically being able (or crazy enough) to do it in such short period."

[quote name='banodyne']Just a little info to add to the discussion about Activision dropping PS3 development. A story just came out why Croteam, the developers of Serious Sam HD, didn't do a version for the PS3 along with the Xbox and PC remake.

"We did plan for PSN at the start of Serious Sam HD development," said Ribaric.

"[We] couldn't get additional financing to support [the] extra development time needed," he continued. "It was either to do PSN by the same date or forget about it. There was also a thought to find another team to do it, but nobody was either willing (a.k.a. not enough time/money/interest) or realistically being able (or crazy enough) to do it in such short period."[/QUOTE]

Sony has the pub fund for exclusives on PSN where they give back the entirety of the money spent on development and marketing of the game.
But since this is multiplatform, i guess they couldnt afford it

I have yet to listen, but I honestly will try to try and listen. Thanks for the post of my pic. I must say, I am quite dashing.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I have yet to listen, but I honestly will try to try and listen. Thanks for the post of my pic. I must say, I am quite dashing.[/QUOTE]

Well it's awesome we have a person on the inside, i was wondering, it's all pre-recorded and done already?

Or do you have a contract to prevent you from saying if you were eliminated or mentioning other contestants?

Harsh show to be on, hope you win

Natal is a city in Brazil and means "to be born." One of the guys heading up the project (Not Kudo) is from Brazil. It's not French.

And the 3.0 software update is well worth the $9.95. Especially if you listen to podcasts.

I got a question for the show. Why are the cuss words censored? You guys cuss on the show and there are some questionable things shown in these forums sometimes. Can't say it bothers me just wondering why things are replaced with shaqfu logos.

Thanks for the shows and wombat your the man, main reason I keep coming back.

[quote name='Ecto311']I got a question for the show. Why are the cuss words censored? You guys cuss on the show and there are some questionable things shown in these forums sometimes. Can't say it bothers me just wondering why things are replaced with shaqfu logos.

Thanks for the shows and wombat your the man, main reason I keep coming back.[/QUOTE]

Because the podcast and the website are different things sir.
I swear in front of my friends, I dont swear in front of my wife and kid. Same concept.

[quote name='Nayson']Because the podcast and the website are different things sir.
I swear in front of my friends, I dont swear in front of my wife and kid. Same concept.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. It's the same audience, just different mediums.

I disagree. How many hits does CAG get? 700,000 unique visitors a month. How many downloads does the Cagcast get? 12,000 a show.
There is a MASSIVE difference in terms of numbers. Different audiences, with a bit of overlap.

Dude how can you say that? He was seriously the most unimportant member of the The Who. Have you forgotten about Victor Wooten? How about Bela Fleck on the bass? Expand your horizons.

bread's done
Back