CAGcast #166: Wang Control

Cheapy, I say get the iphone 3G S. You are in a very unique financial position that few people can understand. You have a large amount of disposable income for someone your age. Most people your age spend most, if not all of their paychecks on bills.

If you feel having a iphone 3G S will make you more productive (as in you producing more posted pics/videos on CAG), I say BUY the damn phone.

Yeah, it's $400 but if you use it to grow CAG it's almost like a investment in your business.

Excellent show, thank you guys!

I envy Cheapy: I haven't really played a game in the last two weeks, I'm swamped with work.

[quote name='soccerstud652']What was the turn based strategy game Wombat mentioned after the rocket game?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that it was Band of Bugs for XBLA. I'm going to have a review up for the Avatar stuff and the new Kaloki add-on in the next few days.

my undies and jeans rip in the same or a similar manner in the crotch. we may be doing the same thing wrong, but it's not shaving 'cause i don't do that. it may be being fat.

Cheapy,
you say you don't have a PC, but don't your intel imac have boot camp and parallels VM.
I installed Windows Vista on my imac and it works just fine.

Also, I would buy the iPhone 3Gs and sell your old one eBay.
It's a great device for live blogging.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evil_twin']Cheapy,
you say you don't have a PC, but don't your imac have boot camp and parallels VM.
I installed Windows Vista on my imac and it works just fine.[/QUOTE]
He did say he actually wanted to play games though.

just figured it out, Cheapy's underwear splits because he has a giant wang and morning wood probably stretched it quite a bit. lol

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm going to guess that it was Band of Bugs for XBLA. I'm going to have a review up for the Avatar stuff and the new Kaloki add-on in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, thanks Ship! I have really enjoyed your influx of reviews lately.

Pre-order bonuses are stupid especially when you are forced to miss out on in game content.

That doesn't excuse pirating the game.

-ZJ

[quote name='Wombat']The game that sticks out for me is always "From Russia With Love" they had to tack on some silly auto aim that wasn't on the xbox and ps2. I never said the layout was the issue, its that lack of a left button. Also it was mentioned, no clickable analogs or select button. Most 3rd party games used that LB, it was a hinderance for the gamecube. For the record I loved the face button layout of the cube, it was everything else.[/QUOTE]

No 4th shoulder button, no Select button and non-clickable sticks meant the GC pad had 4 fewer buttons than the Xbox pad and the Dual Shock 2.

Of course, the Xbox pad suffered in comparison to the Dual Shock 2 because it only had 2 shoulder buttons. This made a game like SSX 3 play better on the PS2 even if it looked a little worse, and Winning Eleven is so heavily designed around a 4 shoulder button control pad that I bought a Dreambox converter so I could use play it on the Xbox with a Dual Shock.

Thankfully MS changed WHITE & BLACK to LB & RB for the 360 pad.

Really cheapy, DO NOT BUY the 3Gs. Save your frickin Money Man. You guys should really consider changing the name of the website, or at the very least the podcast to "Xpensive Jew gamer" .

Sure the new Iphone has a better camera but what will WE! the cag listeners get out of it? A 30 second Ds game review while your taking a Dump? Lookin REAL forward to those toilet reviews cheapy. But Oh wait.. it's all about you right? (bows to space pimp)

BILLCOSBY! :whee:
(CAG RULES)

WiiHD would be the end of Nintendo.

The HD business model isnt viable and they ought to know this. Yes, (western) companies are bringing in record revenues on the HD platforms, but they are also going out of business and consolidating at an unprecedented rate.

Nintendo will never be able to compete with the powerhouse HD multimedia machines because at the end of the day, they want to make money, and neither Microsoft or Sony have been able to do this from their gaming divisions alone.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']WiiHD would be the end of Nintendo.

The HD business model isnt viable and they ought to know this. Yes, (western) companies are bringing in record revenues on the HD platforms, but they are also going out of business and consolidating at an unprecedented rate.

Nintendo will never be able to compete with the powerhouse HD multimedia machines because at the end of the day, they want to make money, and neither Microsoft or Sony have been able to do this from their gaming divisions alone.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? People are not going to buy a wii if it's HD?? If Nintendo released "wii plus" at the same or lower price, with 720p output and different colors to choose from, it would sell like crazy. (cough: dsi $chaching$)

Nobody said anything about competing with Sony and microsoft. im sure when little jimmy sees a Green wii running pretty on a 32" lcd in bestbuy, he will say MOMMY I NEED THE NEW WII!!!!! NOWWW!!!!!!!!!

BILLCOSBY! MEHEAHAEWHA

[quote name='blacksanta87']
Really cheapy, DO NOT BUY the 3Gs. Save your frickin Money Man. You guys should really consider changing the name of the website, or at the very least the podcast to "Xpensive Jew gamer" .
[/QUOTE]

(notice: this is all tongue-in-cheek, so don't anyone go taking offense.)

cheap can be used to describe someone who refuses to spend money, but expensive cannot be used to describe someone who spends a lot. perhaps we should consider "frivolous jew gamer." the problem there is that popular notions would likely classify the term as an oxymoron. go on, kids. try some more.

to get you started:
liberally-spending jew gamer
big money heeb gamer

here's a title for wombat that just came to me:
the hirsute gaming hero of hymey town
courtesy of jesse jackson, a man of discriminating tastes.

oh, man, you guys caught me at a funny time in the morning.

I'm getting sick of the Xbox Vista crap lately too. I really like the look but like Cheapy said, it seems like it's getting slower and slower. It takes forever for my game library to load. God forbid if I want to load in some music from my flash drive.

My two greatest moments of the cag cast. Wombat making a mushroom man joke and the lateset bill cosby impression. Keep it coming man your a cool guy. Cheapy you are also a hero in my books. love the show guys.

Yeah, the fucking NXE is slower than molasses, I remember when it first came out it was so unbelieveably fast, but now? Not so much. Even accessing my XBLA games and demos takes like 30 seconds to a minute for the games to actually pop up.

Half the times when I am navigating the marketplace I just give up and back out because it takes so long for all the BS to load.

I have the same issue with you guys about the whole Wii HD issue. THere is one major flaw in the whole program though. If they are making it cheaper to port a game from a 360 version and obviously cheaper on the developer as well, then all games will be the same. (Not all but you get the drift) If this is the case there will be not much in the way of games for the rest of Nintendo's current Wii user base as the current system will not support these games. Take the difference between Ghost Busters for the Wii compared to the 360 version. These are not subtle differences. If suddenly my Wii is no longer viable I will have lost my faith in Nintendo and would not buy an HD version anyway.

As to the whole Project Natal deal, if it is done in a way that utilizes the controller and Natal at the same time then it could be a nice peripheral for the system. I just don't see how say a FPS would work. If you notice in the demo video for just taking off lugnuts you have to push forward a bit to get the action, nice in theory. But can you imagine that for firing a make believe gun? Could you imagine also how retarded you will look not only to others but even to yourself.

If it can be done in a way for say something like a space shooter like Star Wars Rouge Squardron. You use the controler to control the steering and Natal as a secondary to say flip through space maps, flip switches or the like. Something like that would be ideal in giving you the whole experience of being in that cockpit.Obviously first person though. A game that allows for more depth like that would be huge to play in that it gives you complete immersion in the game, and don't the best games do just that?

Hey cheapy wanted to comment on your video you talked about on the show. I just watched it, well most of it, it was a tad long as Wombat mentioned but I found it interesting due to the fact I have a little one as well. My son will be turning 2 soon and I have tried unsuccessfully a few times to show him a game. Wii music and Boom Blox he didn't seem to care much about, and I was afraid someone or something would get destroyed in the process. He did like to watch me play Assassins Creed for a few minutes telling the character to "Be careful!".

At the end of your video you said you had another game he likes. What might that be? I would get that Train game but I am not going to mess with a foreign language game. Curious to any other suggestions. By the way I was VERY impressed with your sons behavior. While watching that video i pictured me trying to do something like that and have it turn into a horror movie. Love the show guys, keep up the good work.

If hearing the Ghostbusters theme was so important to you, Cheapy, you should've gotten the PS3 version. You can listen to the entire song on the XMB at will. You'd have to suffer through framerate issues, but you'd have won the war on getting what you paid for in a Ghostbusters game. I'm surprised that you didn't play the theme song at the beginning of the show with how much you hated that it wasn't there.

You guys should've talked about Koei saying they'd like to see a PS3 pricedrop in as nice of a manner as they could to make it not come off like the whining of Activision's president. Maybe start up a new "Quote of the Week" segment where you find the best or most absurd quote from an exec or PR person of a publisher, developer, or other gaming industry person.

You should start a boycotting campaign against Insomniac and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time for their pre-order bonus shenanigans, Wombat.

I'm not really sure what Ron Workman could hate about Shipwreck's review scale since it's a basic five point scale with descriptors in place of the numbers.

You guys should have Shipwreck on the show, even if it's just for five minutes or so, to give you the Foreplay report of what the most notable new releases are. It could be pre-recorded or not and you could even be on with Shipwreck to add your opinions to what's coming out.

Decent show.

lol, uhmm Cheapy.. I've noticed those small tears in your underpants look more like burn holes.
You maybe have a hot sack. try wearing boxers to Ventilate them better. This may even improve load size (sperm), and quality.

Since it was the weekend, I caught up with my podcasts. Wombat, you absolutely killed on Joystiq's podcast. Gems like "What would a foreigner know about freedom" and "Will you yell out 'The British are coming'?" were fucking brilliant.

On a side note, I love the Bill Cosby impersonations.

Long time listener, long time CAG, first time CAG Cast commenter.

Thanks for always putting together a great podcast, you guys never disappoint. The only other podcast I listen to is Joystiq's, and it was great to hear Wombat there last week too. The audio quality of your podcasts, in part due to your great microphones, makes other podcasts just too hard to listen to--maybe u guys could make some hardware recommendations to the Joystiq crew.

I'm glad that Cheapy finally flung off the envy he felt for other shows last year, and just does what makes him happy--it shows, and it makes the podcast even better. And, I am overjoyed to listen to Wombat's expanded role. I too work in marketing/advertising (went to E3 once), and Wombat's comments, especially around the business of gaming, are always very insightful, and spot-on. Please, more Wombat.

That being said... the "weed" talk is tiresome. Like it or not, as the Premiere Internet Space Pimp, you are a role model to us all Cheapy. Less weed talk would give you more professional credibility, more guest appearances in ol school media, and more advertising dollars. Please bear your title of Premiere Internet Space Pimp with the respect it deserves.

re: Gamecube controller
This is the 1st time I have disagreed with Wombat--unless he was told by a bunch of last gen Developers that this was a primary issue. I don't think the Cube's controller had much to do with the console's challenges--button remapping by programmers is easier than the usual PC programming for multiple types of video cards. I only got my first Gamecube 2 years ago, being a reformed Sony fanboy myself, I always thought, "What a stupid controller," but I really have come to believe the Cube's controller to be one of the best this last gen. However, innovation does not always equal success, and I think the form factor of the controller, combined with the history of issues with the N64 controller, the Wavebird's lack of rumble (really bad call), and again, lack of quality 3rd party controllers, really hurt them.

While I don't purport to know all the answers, I believe the general consensus about the lack of success of the Cube were many, including, but not limited to:

-- Nintendo's poor 3rd party support--much like Activision's crying about the PS3 this gen, a small user base makes porting and profits difficult. One thing I think everyone is missing though, is Nintendo's lack of support for US and EU publishers and programmers, the same groups who Sony embraced with the PS1 and worked to extend and improve their relationships with for the PS2.

-- Online -- The East/West gaming divide easily explains why MS gets online, and Sony and Nintendo don't--internet PC gaming matured in US in age of Quake, and US companies "got it." South Korea "gets it," but Japan, in their cellphone dominated society, just don't. Sony "got it" enough on the PS2, but has really blown it with the PS3--Sony still thinks free crap like Home will be successful against Live's paid service, and that is just blind ignorance. Sure I want free, but Live is light years ahead, and Sony just can't even see it, much less react to it, and Nintendo, just avoids it.

-- Nintendo's attempts at trying to fight Sony on equal footing hurt them Rather than playing to their strengths, Nintendo spent too much time trying to convince people their grass was just as green as everyone else's. Nintendo is always at their best when ignoring the competition, and doing their own thing. I think this is one of the reasons the Wii will never come in HD, no matter what Pachter (love him) wants. One of the reasons developers flock to the Wii right now is that costs for HD game development are just too damn high. Look at the emergence of the Wii as the survival horror console of choice: Silent Hill, Ju-On, Cursed Mountain, Dead Rising, the new game from Hudson whose name escapes me, etc.. Risky IP on Nintendo's platform is far more affordable than HD game development, and this is why the experiments like MadWorld will continue, because a company won't lose its shirt if it has a few failures amidst their successes.

-- the Myth of the Console Wars--the Cube was a profitable console, made with affordable parts, and put together with Nintendo' legendary quality control--its built like a tank, even though it looks like a toy. I doubt Nintendo lost any money--they just did not make as much as Sony. But, who cares when you got Gameboy?

-- Marketing and consumer perception was a big challenge. Having a purple console did not help. Gamers from the previous gen knew the PS1 had the cool grown-up games (Resident Evil, Madden), while Nintendo kept making cartridges (like the Atari 2600, or the SNES) with Mario games. Why the hell do all 1st party Nintendo console games lack voice over dialog when optical media let's u put high quality audio on the disc?

-- Nintendo's poor management of their IP for "all ages." I think this is what Nintendo learned best from the Gamecube gen, and has applied well to the Wii. If people think your stuff is for kids, only kids will buy it. When u can change perception to all ages (ala Pixar and contemporary theatrical animation) you can expand your audience.

I'm sure there are a million other reasons, but blaming it on the controller alone just doesn't cut it.

[quote name='ArrestedDeveloper']The Gamecube was hmore powerful than the PS2. I had a Nintendo employee lecture me about it after I wrongfully assumed the GC was the weakest of the generation.[/QUOTE]
Ya I think cheapy and wombat make this mistake about once a year.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Ya I think cheapy and wombat make this mistake about once a year.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I am not sure where this keeps coming from. Probably old PR from Sony or MS. The Sony Emotion Chip had great PR, especially after they started pitching to movie studios and people like George Lucas started making public comments about it, and MS has always been good about managing PR of technical capabilities. The NGC's "off the shelf" parts probably just did not spin as well, even if they ultimately were more powerful.

The NGC has anti-aliasing (which the PS2 and the PS1 don't have at all), and better Z buffering. Sony has stated many times over the years that anti-aliasing is not needed for 3-D objects in motion.

The Dreamcast was a king of anti-aliasing--you can esp see that in old comparison screenshots for Dead or Alive 2.

In the end it is almost apples and oranges--none of the 3 consoles in the last gen had an identical architecture, so you really could not directly compare them at all.

props to Wombat for keeping this show as unbiased as possible. Cheapy seems to become more of a fanboy as time goes on.

WiiHD should be interesting when more info comes out, too early to comment now.

I just recently purchased a ps3 and so far I'm liking the psn. I'm a pc gamer, so paying for internet gaming is not something I'll ever conform to. Console online multiplayer doesn't quite live up to the competition found in pc gaming. I do wish that more people used the headset on ps3. however at the same time I realize that that could be more of a negative than a positive in some cases, I've played on xbox live and the maturity on the mic is extremely low.

I hate present day DLC. DLC was a cool idea and I was excited about it when it first was announced, again going back to my pc background I'm used to mods and patches released freely on the pc, and having that on my consoles seemed like a great idea. Unfortunately DLC has grown to way for devs to cash out more money on their customers. Tiger Woods 10 is an excellent example for this, the day the game launched there was a good 30+ dollars worth of DLC. a game like tiger woods that has yearly releases that aren't extremely different from the previous years release (gameplay wise) charging a full $60 for the disc and have an assload of content left out of the game, but readily available at time of launch. The consumers pay full price for a product, just to not receive everything that was finished at the time of release. That is a ridiculous model.

Oh and Cheapy about a gaming pc, please for the love of god wait 6 months after 7 comes out before you purchase this computer. The reason vista got such a bad rep is that people were putting vista on computers that didn't have fully compatible hardware. Wait 6 months for the market to fill with fully compatible hardware for windows seven. I ran seven on my laptop for a while and it wasn't too bad, however I know what I'm doing when it comes to pc's and it worries me when amatuers try new technology that they don't know how to handle if anything goes wrong.

sorry if anything is scrambled, typing this while doing many things...

As much as I think Michael Pachter must be smoking too many Wii-motes, I can't wonder if he's right. I've said it here before, and you guys actually read it on the 'cast-----Nintendo has mastered the art of selling us the same thing time and time again and smiling while they sucker us out of more money for something we already bought. I can see it coming now, Mario Galaxy HD, Wii Sports HD, Wii Fit HD, Wii Sports Resort HD......and the list goes on and on. They are doing it now with motion controlled gc titles, they'll do it again I'm sure, no surprise.

Yeah Cheapy, my iphone's battery stinks, I think you might be right, I forsee a new update coming soon, don't give in the the 3GS hype tho, you'll just be getting the next iteration when that comes, which I would imagine won't be long off with rumors of iphone finally coming to Verizon----I'd be shocked if that doesn't add new features and spark some competition between the models each carrier has.

Last, but not least----just to give you the answer to the game you couldn't remember talking about not liking the pre-order bonus differences from store to store. If memory serves me, you were talking about Wolverine and the different costumes you recieved as pre-order bonuses, and I think Cheapy was upset b/c he wanted the Best Buy version costume, which he couldn't get in Japan, I could be wrong, let me know. Good show guys, keep the laughs coming.

[quote name='triplehelix'] Oh and Cheapy about a gaming pc, please for the love of god wait 6 months after 7 comes out before you purchase this computer. The reason vista got such a bad rep is that people were putting vista on computers that didn't have fully compatible hardware. Wait 6 months for the market to fill with fully compatible hardware for windows seven. I ran seven on my laptop for a while and it wasn't too bad, however I know what I'm doing when it comes to pc's and it worries me when amatuers try new technology that they don't know how to handle if anything goes wrong.
[/QUOTE]

The other reason why Vista got a bad rap was because hardware companies didn't write competent drivers for it until nearly a year after release. Further, because of Intel's behind the scenes bullshit, Vista was installed on a bunch of cheap computers that had no hope of running the OS adequately.

I think both of these issues won't be a problem with the Win7 release because: a) there was a sufficiently long beta period with Win7 and no massive architecture changes (unlike Vista's new DX10 and audio API) and b) Cheapy would be buying a gaming PC, which would theoretically be plenty powerful, especially when Win7 is supposed to be closer in it's performance profile to XP than Vista.

That being said, I'm sure Cheapy is nigh incompetent with anything more complicated than an iPhone, so perhaps caution is warranted because of that.

@Persona7: Loving your signature, Dawson is amazing. :bow:

cheapy, i suggest you get some expensive as hell underwear to increase your internet space pimp status!

[quote name='triplehelix']I hate present day DLC. DLC was a cool idea and I was excited about it when it first was announced, again going back to my pc background I'm used to mods and patches released freely on the pc, and having that on my consoles seemed like a great idea. Unfortunately DLC has grown to way for devs to cash out more money on their customers. Tiger Woods 10 is an excellent example for this, the day the game launched there was a good 30+ dollars worth of DLC. a game like tiger woods that has yearly releases that aren't extremely different from the previous years release (gameplay wise) charging a full $60 for the disc and have an assload of content left out of the game, but readily available at time of launch. The consumers pay full price for a product, just to not receive everything that was finished at the time of release. That is a ridiculous model.[/QUOTE]
If you looked a bit closer, only the course that came out for Tiger Woods 10 its first week was actual content. The other items were cheats to advance progress with a created player more quickly for the lazy people with money to waste. Only the couple of courses that have been released were left out, so you should find another example for your point. Try the Street Fighter IV costumes or Beautiful Katamari or the other Namco games that actually offer content that's on the disc as DLC that you'd have to pay to get access to it. Namco's been changing their tune a bit lately with free DLC for the Naruto fighter for the PS3.

It's a bit shitty of EA to be offering all of these shortcuts as DLC in a few of their games, but you're missing a tier above that practice that's more relevant to your point.

I'm a little late on this feedback but just got back from visiting my folks over the weekend and well my mother bought a shit-ton of LPs much to my dismay but after looking through them I actually took them back home...Talking Heads, Billy Idol, Footloose, Huey Lewis...and well...let's just say I can definitely understand how you'd be disappointed when music is missing from a particular franchised game.
3715764825_0216346c94.jpg

Stay on the lookout for the "Slap Chop Billy Mays is on a fucking boat ghostbusters remix" thanks to the instrumental. Actually I'll probably just be listening to Lost Boys instead.

Hey cheapy i love Japanese every, why dont you have your wife say a word or a phrase in japanese every week and put it on the cagcast i think that would be really fun

About the Battlefield 1943 server issues, Dice use servers for all Battlefield games and always underestimate how many people will buy and play the game

Yeah, I could not believe it myself, but Wombat was actually awesome on the Joystiq Podcast. It was like a totally different Wombat, a funny one. Cheapy, you must be holding him back. I was not expecting much because when he and Shipwreck do a podcast together it's a nightmare, but without question, Wombat killed on Joystiq.

Cheapy - you'll love the video recording on the iPhone, and the still camera is really nice too. Also, I bet we're going to start seeing a lot of 3GS only apps. I don't know if it's worth $400 to you, but with the amount of video stuff you do, it may be.

On the down side, I don't know how much better the battery life will be than your 3G, but I'm pretty unhappy with the battery on my 3GS. I find it's a lot lower than Apple's listed specs.

I never knew what you guys were talking about with the slow NXE dashboard. It was always really fast for me. Until a few days ago. Now it's taking me forever for the dynamic content on there to load up. I don't get it! Why was it fast for me until just recently, when it's been slow for you for a long time?

Don't buy Wii Sports Resort. Boycott the Wii Motion Plus. I refuse to buy an add on that makes the controller work the way it was supposed to from the start. Isn't Wii Motion Plus simply an admission that the Wiimote didn't work well to begin with and lacked accuracy and timing? It should have had this capability from the start. No more White Plastic in my household.

Also why didn't the guy just ask Wombat which he likes more, Games or Comics? The whole penis thing was completely unnecessary and disturbing.

[quote name='volt1up']Burn Notice is such a cheesy/corny show. I think the pilot was about the only good episode. If you couldn't stand Heroes after the first season I dont think you'll like this show.[/QUOTE]

its not as bad as Heroes. I think it knows what kind of show it is, unlike Heroes which wanted to be more than a nighttime soap.

Burn notice is fun, although the lead female is horrid. The character and the actress.

Cheapy, you mentioned your wish list and it reminded me to ask you to ask SuperProgrammer John if it would be possible to increase the number of entries on the wish list displayed on one page? Currently it's only 20 items per page and I'd prefer to see everything on one page. Thanks.

With all this talk of motion controls and how it's not for everyone, I remember the PowerGlove on the Nintendo back in the day, and I NEVER got used to it. Granted, I didn't own one, but a few more privileged people did, and while it looked cool to wear, it sucked as a game controller.

I just want to add to that PSN vs Xbox Live discussion, and I'll agree that they need some work, [download speeds especially . - reference my blog: how PSN ruined my Valentine's Day] I'd like to mention CAG Gaming nights that went very well when we played Killzone 2 w/ a full room of CAG(s) vs. the same gaming nights [Halo 3] that didn't go so well on Xbox Live due to their not being private rooms and a limited number of people allowed in each room. I think you guys are quick to point out the flaws of PSN vs Xbox Live, however you forget the perks, and being free is not the only one. Furthermore, doesn't PSN have cross game invites... here's an example. I was playing Blazblue and I received an invite message from another friend playing street fighter II turbo remix, I then stopped playing blazblue then went into SF remix and then joined his game from the friend invite system. [where it brings up that message i received and then asks you to join. or decline] Other games use this system as well.... both of those games are on the 360, Using the same two games, what exactly is the difference if this situation were to occur on an xbox 360? Cheapy you mentioned that you don't mind paying for Live... because you "feel" like you're getting something for your money.. well damn.. the ISP (internet space pimp) is actually getting pimped... example... a hoe thinks her pimp is actually doing something for her, he takes a cut of her money and he doesn't really do anything... beside making her "feel" safe... lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/cross-game-invites-on-playstation/235624 cross game invite video

Cheapy D... you're the internet space pimp stop wearing tightassbriefs and switch to boxers. Let your balls hang free! lol

Good show, keep up the good work! You too Wombat...

When Natal and Sony's motion control is released, they need to have a fine line between games that use the motion control and games that are better with a basic controller, unlike the Wii. I really don't think that Microsoft or even Sony would drop the basic controller.

-Connor ;)

http://connorgamereviewer.blogspot.com/

Just finished listening to the CAGcast. Here is my two cents about why I don't mind paying $30 (or $50) per year for XBOX Live. Free demos for every arcade / community game is worth $50 per year. I went to PSN last night to look at the games that were on sale and none of the games I was interested in had demos. Some didn't even have videos or if they did they were buried in some inconvenient location. Come on Sony! You copied achievements by adding trophies, give us mandatory demos.

The party system also blows away anything on PSN. Being able to chat across games and switch back and forth between party and game chat is pretty sweet. Add cross game invites and you can qucikly see that Sony has a lot of ground to cover, even being free.

Finally, I don't think that XBLA gets enough credit for its game. It seems like every podcaster out there jocks PSN for original games, while trashing XBLA for simply having updated arcade releases, but there are a crapload of origninal games that are exclusive to XBLA. The problem is a lot of them come out with little to no fanfare and then are promptly buried. I think if the average gamer took a tour of XBL, there would be a dozen or more games they never heard of. The great thing is you can download a demo and try it out.

I don't mean to come down on Sony. I am just a bit disappointed in how they have handled the PS3. I have 2 60 GB machines so I have been with them from the beginning. Still, I tire of forced installs lack of demos and lack of growth. C'mon Sony, step up your game.

bread's done
Back