CAGcast #168: Stay Classy, Xbox Live!

[quote name='Viper139']Please stop putting on British accents lol you guys just can't do it. :) .....[/QUOTE]

This, not everyone from the UK is a cockney (I'm guessing thats the accent you're trying to do), Dick Van Dyke couldn't do it and neither can you two ;)

It still saddens me to hear the kind of idiots that are on Live. Good show though guys, I'll stop asking about the Pizza-guy now Cheapy.

EDIT - Thanks for answering my question guys, if anyone cares, the thread I was talking about is the Blockbuster Video thread, it seems to be mostly about flipping now.

Last edited by a moderator:
These assholes on Xbox Live make me ashamed to be a human being. Microsoft needs to track these people down, take their 360s, and give them to underpriveleged kids. We've given Wombat a bit of crap on CBG, but he generally seems like a good guy and he got a bum deal from this featured gamer stuff.

My theory is that 95% of the world's population is made up of idiots and assholes. There's a reason why aliens haven't visited us- there's no intelligent life here.

BTW, as someone who works special needs kids, your Down's Syndrome act was not cool. At least you don't resort to using "retarded" in every other sentence like you're in middle school. Just watch it next time.

Oh my goodness man!! i'm just so fired up after hearing all the douches and tards on live sending wombat all those f'ed up messages. I wonder if it's just wombat or does everyone who gets spotlighted recieve those types of messages. it was almost unbearable listening, i had to turn off the podcast. here's hoping that natal will allow users to virtually reach out through live and strangle the immature douches on the other end. that is messed up. do we have a list of names that sent you the messages and let's all just bombard their inboxes with audio recordings of wombats in the wild.

I hate live ever so much now..... Not because of the service or anything but because of the people on it.... Every single match I run into a fuck face that just puts everyone down and all that's coming through my headset is people arguing about who likes salty nuts, holes plugged with man parts, various racists topics, etc. It's even worst when it's a team of friends that's play together just to be fuck faces together. I really hope when the aliens come down to judge us they don't start with live cause we would totally be doomed lol. I rarely get hate messages sent to me over live cause it all gets done during a game and it even bothers me when it's not directed at me. Poor Wombat must be at home with his box of Ice cream listening to these messages. XD I'm totally going to send you a love message (No mo) Wombat and stop letting your wife hear these things young man...... O_O

Wombat did anyone at Microsoft warn you that you might be getting messages from everyone on XBL?

Wombat, I know it's more effort then you're willing to put in but, seriously, use the reporting features of Xbox Live. Let's see how those squeeky voiced losers like it when their accounts are suspended. Then they'll haved to face the reality of being outcasts at school that no girls will look at. The community needs to police itself.

[quote name='Clarke']Can't you watch netflix on Apple TV? I was able to install the Netflix plugin for Windows Media Center and signed up for a free trial.[/QUOTE]

Yea you can.

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']and i thought Nintendo Wii was full of Children nope its the XBL community[/QUOTE]Nothing specific to Xbox. Just the internet. As we've seen in forums, comments sections, etc. I cite the Internet Dickwad Theory.
greaterdickwad.jpg

This is why I refuse to renew my XBL gold membership. I am not paying 60 bucks Canadian to be called the other F-word and various other homophobic and racist terms. I mean, how can u call a white guy the n word?? I don't get it. Can u guys get Major Nelson to comment on this other than "oh just report them"? on the other hand. I would not like my messages or voice messages on XBL screened.

So many potential signature quotes in that one audio file...

Both inspirational:

• "it's like playing a round of Halo, except in your inbox"

• "if anything kills online gaming it's not the games, it's not the technology, it's the people"

And funny/disturbing:

• "you're so much trash that you're trash out of the garbage and it smells like poop..."

• "rawr you suck at games! yes! you suck at games!"

Wow my jaw hit the floor listening to those messages. The feature should be called "Xbox Victim Spotlight". That's really terrible, proving once again XBL is overwrought with douchebags You guys should really consider turning this into a CAG shovelware, I'm sure the blogosphere would eat that up. If it's any consolation this was one of the best cagcast segments ever, pat that furry back wombat.

"if you buy any of this stuff someone should walk into your house and take your xbox away from you" -wombat

cheapy and wombat seem pretty disgusted about spending $3-4 on avatar accessories, but cheapy justifies spending $8500 on plane tickets. i know cheapy has defended some of his extravagant purchases in the past, but this is too hypocritical.

You know, the voice message part is the section that made me the angriest for the (I believe) second clip. The little boy who just yelled that he's over TWENTY and still plays games and his threats and general tauntings of the other messages. Didn't I last read or hear that the average GAMER was in his 30's?

As for the threats, though: those little boys are a huge threat to the boys and girls of any elementary school I'll bet, but as for anybody else older than 10 he sounds like someone who needs a good throat wrangling. I used to fuck up a kid who sounded JUST LIKE one of the clips because he enjoyed bullying anybody smaller than him. Now I don't care what it says about me, but I enjoyed making that little bitch cry after seeing him steal someone else's lunch money and forcing him to give it back. It was worth the trouble I got in.

I mean let's face facts here: all those losers are wasting THEIR time messaging him to let him know what a loser WOMBAT is? Cheapy, is this not a wonderful definition of irony?

Wombat, It made me ill to hear those things. Sure does firm up my belief of just playing with my friends online. People can be so fucking stupid sometimes.

Those recordings were appalling. Isn't there a means of reporting hostile messages like these? I'm sure Microsoft doesn't want to get into policing every message, but I would imagine that they would be happy to suspend some of these as a public example, since you were the featured gamer. Or maybe they could make someone at Microsoft secretly the next featured gamer, so they could throw out some bans next time.

Also the last person sounded like he had to start whispering, he was ashamed enough to not want anyone in his house to hear, especially the baby crying in the background.

wombat should report those messages to major nelson at least, so they have to get a new xboxlive account, should be banned those bastards!!!

[quote name='Wangtard']"if you buy any of this stuff someone should walk into your house and take your xbox away from you" -wombat

cheapy and wombat seem pretty disgusted about spending $3-4 on avatar accessories, but cheapy justifies spending $8500 on plane tickets. i know cheapy has defended some of his extravagant purchases in the past, but this is too hypocritical.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I missed that part, he spent $8500 on airline tickets? You should try to get the exit row seats in economy... usually for families right and have more leg room.

Either Cheapy is rolling in dough or having a family is ridiculously expensive.

I have a hard time finding a game on live that isn't filled with teenage a-holes. Rock Band 2 used to be pretty safe, but when I chose substitute in another band, the first words out of their mouths was "You better be able to fucking play on expert f-g." I quit out of that game immediately and reported it to Xbox Live. Next band I joined they said "BlooRaspberry? That the gayest gamertag ever." Once again I logged off and reported it. I changed to gamertag to BlooRaspberry because people made fun of my previous Star Wars related one, and my ancestors were raspberry farmers and that's what my last name means in Polish. These assholes are lucky that the force isn't real because I would choke them all through the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JadedJedi']I have a hard time finding a game on live that isn't filled with teenage a-holes. Rock Band 2 used to be pretty safe, but when I chose substitute in another band, the first words out of their mouths was "You better be able to fucking play on expert f-g." I quit out of that game immediately and reported it to Xbox Live. Next band I joined they said "BlooRaspberry? That the gayest gamertag ever." Once again I logged off and reported it. I changed to gamertag to BlooRaspberry because people made fun of my previous Star Wars related one, and my ancestors were raspberry farmers and that's what my last name means in Polish. These assholes are lucky that the force isn't real because I would choke them all through the internet.[/QUOTE]

Just suck it up and play.

I gotta admit I fucking lol'ed at the ancestors part.

What?

I don't see how you can compare the two, avatar accessories is frivolous. Paying money to see family and friends? Not so much.

They say the reason people are so hostile on Xbox Live (or anywhere online, for that matter) is that everyone's anonymous and can get away with saying things they couldn't in real life. Still, I found the segment on the CAGcast amusing because I recently received a lot of criticism for a video I uploaded online, getting crude comments about my voice and speech.

if i were you guys, id actually take that segment to microsoft, and show them what happens. Not that they can really stop it but it might open some eyes, that the spotlight is not always a good thing.

I was like Cheapy laughing my ass off when Wombat was reading out the messages, because it was funny hearing him say them but when it went to the voice messages I got quite worried.

I agree 100% with you guys, this is what ruins online gaming and its really sad. Also I wonder if anyone from MS will pick up on this.

Also, also thanks for reading out my previous comment i'll check out some of those movies soon.

[quote name='msdmoney']Those recordings were appalling. Isn't there a means of reporting hostile messages like these? I'm sure Microsoft doesn't want to get into policing every message, but I would imagine that they would be happy to suspend some of these as a public example, since you were the featured gamer. Or maybe they could make someone at Microsoft secretly the next featured gamer, so they could throw out some bans next time.

Also the last person sounded like he had to start whispering, he was ashamed enough to not want anyone in his house to hear, especially the baby crying in the background.[/QUOTE]

The baby crying in the background was mine, she was there when I captured the audio. Also shes not crying just making noises.

Very excellent show again guys! I also agree with many about the XBL members; many of those same people that will take the time to leave messages like that are the same ones yelling the loudest that everyone should look at video games as a serious medium. Morons like that ARE the problem. I don't even do too much online gaming because of attitudes like this. I have much better things to do with my time then try to enjoy a game and get hit with a barrage of insults of all kinds. Grow up people.

Because of the segment where Wombat receives all those nasty messages I have decided not to renew my XBL Gold subscription which ended yesterday. I do not see why I need to spend money to interact with these ppl online. Cheapy is right, having no headset on PSN is a big plus. When I play SF IV on psn I don't have to hear trash talk or receive homophobic comments that question my sexuality.

Also Wombat while we are talking about receiving offence, Do you hate Germans? Do you assume every German dislikes jews? I noticed this last time when Cheapy went to E3 the year before and he mentioned about going into a room for an appointment he had with a German developer to view a game. You then mentioned that he shouldn't "go into a room alone with a German". I got offended this time because we are not Jew haters and are a civilized mutlicultural society who get along with all races and religions, I myself included. If that wasn't the case I wouldn't be making constant references/request for you to come on the CBG Podcast both on our show and on twitter, to which you are still very much welcomed to attend to.

[quote name='JadedJedi']I have a hard time finding a game on live that isn't filled with teenage a-holes. Rock Band 2 used to be pretty safe, but when I chose substitute in another band, the first words out of their mouths was "You better be able to fucking play on expert f-g." I quit out of that game immediately and reported it to Xbox Live. Next band I joined they said "BlooRaspberry? That the gayest gamertag ever." Once again I logged off and reported it. I changed to gamertag to BlooRaspberry because people made fun of my previous Star Wars related one, and my ancestors were raspberry farmers and that's what my last name means in Polish. These assholes are lucky that the force isn't real because I would choke them all through the internet.[/QUOTE]Most times I just mute everybody when I play with strangers. You don't need voice to coordinate with them to play Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

[quote name='E*Master']Because of the segment where Wombat receives all those nasty messages I have decided not to renew my XBL Gold subscription which ended yesterday. I do not see why I need to spend money to interact with these ppl online. Cheapy is right, having no headset on PSN is a big plus. When I play SF IV on psn I don't have to hear trash talk or receive homophobic comments that question my sexuality.[/QUOTE]That's kind of silly. Just unplug your headset or put everyone on mute. I almost never talk with strangers in online games. Voice chat is for when you play with your friends.

thanks for the shout out Wombat. i agree, i'm glad we got to play some Fat Princess online before the network issues popped up. and yes, you were rawkin the game. once you left, we started losing bad, lol. it was a lot of fun. :)

and oh yes, the Xbox Live messages were hilarious and horrible. i wuv you Wombat.

The best message I ever got on Xbox Live. During a game of Left 4 Dead.

1445fll.jpg

DID THIS DISTRACT YOU?

Not everybody on Live is an asshole. Yes, they are out there, but dismissing everybody as one probably means you miss out on gaming with some great people. Outside of a small circle of friends I have known for 20 years who also have Xbox Live, some of the people I spend most hours gaming with online are just random people I have met in games.

The messages were funny though. I dont think its possible to feel threatened by them, though I certainly wouldnt want my wife or daughter hearing stuff like that either. Classy response from Wombat though, you just exposed the people who did send abuse as idiots. Its a shame you didnt catch all of their names and then forward the section to Major Nelson though! :lol:

I just listened to the CAGcast and like Cheapy I thought the insults that Wombat read were hilarious but it got scary sad after listening to the voice messages. It is pretty disconcerting to hear this happening on Xbox Live. You just have to shake your head and wonder why. Why would someone insult someone they don't know for something that they really could get two shits about. The one thing listening to the voice messages tell me is there are a lot of unhappy people in this world.
P.S. I too got a little fallout from Wombat being a Gamer Spotlight. Since I am on his friends list I got an influx of friend request which I accepted. A few days later I got a message from one of the guys that sent me a friend request tell me I was a shit eating whore and he doesn't know how I got on his friends list. LOL.

[quote name='banodyne']That's kind of silly. Just unplug your headset or put everyone on mute. I almost never talk with strangers in online games. Voice chat is for when you play with your friends.[/QUOTE]
Ur semi right on that. Thing is they can see if u don't have a headset and have them on mute to which they then turn their comments into messages and voice messages similar to the ones Wombat got. I was playing Halo 3 a year ago and I did exactly that. I was just starting out playing FPS games on consoles so obviously I wasn't l33t. Next thing u know I got 6 messages from assholes telling me how much I suck and calling me the other F-Word. One of them was a voice message which I got from some fucking 12 year old. The mistake I made was that I went down to his level and told him to never speak to his father like that and that he was an accident and that's why I left his mother. I should not have done that and since then I only played online with some friends. But I also can't justify the cost anymore for XBL gold, especially since I can imagine the ads getting more rabid on there. If I can get a deal on an XBL gold membership I will do it but I am not paying 60 bucks to be called a F-g or receive messages from kids who shouldn't be playing the games in the first place.

Damn, Wombat throwing the gauntlet with that rant on plastic instruments
:applause::applause::applause:

I am curious to know since Wombat got all these messages and voicemail thru XBL how many other people who get spot lighted get the same response. I do know some of those who where spot lighted have been girls. Do they get the same amount of harassment? Just curious.

Great show guys and again Wombats jokes just get walked over by Cheapy lol.

[quote name='Shimrra']Damn, Wombat throwing the gauntlet with that rant on plastic instruments
:applause::applause::applause:

I am curious to know since Wombat got all these messages and voicemail thru XBL how many other people who get spot lighted get the same response. I do know some of those who where spot lighted have been girls. Do they get the same amount of harassment? Just curious.

Great show guys and again Wombats jokes just get walked over by Cheapy lol.[/QUOTE]
You know what? I am curious about this too. Do they have a list of ppl who were in the player's spot light? I am very curious to see if they got the same treatment.

As for the comment of the Iphone being more powerful than the Wii, its probably not true in terms of raw power BUT, the iphone only has to project a game on a very small screen unlike a Wii which has much higher resolutions. So the Iphone's graphic card or w/e it uses to render 3D probably probably has a lot less work to do than the Wii and they can put more stuff knowing that.

Good show as usual :) Kinda annoying that their were no new big games in the past 2-3 weeks after so many good games 1-2 months ago around E3

Oh...my...god..
This really shows the intelligence level, respect, and upbringing of today's up and coming generation...
I used to have a 360 and this is definitely one of the reasons I am very glad I now have a PS3.
Don't feel bad wombat, all these people sending you these messages will one day serve you McD's, wash your car, or clean the public bathrooms that you use when they are old and grey.

So I've messaged 5 folks... and guess what? at least one person I tried to message has changed their gamertag.... I wonder why :/ I'll make a CAGblog about this once/if I get any results in.

I am not a 360 owner, so this might sound like a noob questions...but what happens if you report those people that write/leave those types of messages? There HAS to be some type of deterrent for people that do that...no?

[quote name='BigBizzee']I am not a 360 owner, so this might sound like a noob questions...but what happens if you report those people that write/leave those types of messages? There HAS to be some type of deterrent for people that do that...no?[/QUOTE]
I would imagine it's a slap on the wrist.

Can't say I'm surprised by all the insane comments on XBL, this is exactly why I rarely play multi-payer, all that jealously and hate for someone that is actually making video games a legitimate media. Keep it up Wombat, don't let the unwashed masses get you down.

As a fellow SingStar and Queen fan, I'm sorry to say that SS Queen will only have a temporary disc-swap feature like the other SingStar games. However, Europe has been getting multiple Queen track packs in their SingStore with all of the songs coming from the disc release. We may see the same happen soon in the US being that the game is finally being released here. Judging by the awefulness being added to the US store recently, I kind of doubt it.

bread's done
Back