CAGcast #176: Uprage!

I enjoyed the episode, more than other recent shows actually.

Marketplace sounds lame, why not just Trade & Sell, simple and gets the point across, thats what cheapy is going for anyway not some elaborate name that most people won't know what it is unless they click it.

Powergirl for those who don't know (since gentle gamer's photo is dead).

Live action Powergirl ain't too shabby either.

I had something, but it's too late for me to remember. I'll listen to the show again, and repost later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='contej85']It seems they can't win. When they tell too many personal stories, everyone seems to complain that they need to stick to game news and such.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's true. However, I think the CAGcast is more of just a video game podcast. I see of it more as a show about the lives of two gamers. So you're going to hear stories of events in their lives along with mentions of games they're playing and what-not. Instead, this CAGcast was more like two gamers who feel like acting like game reviewers, giving extended reviews on both Borderlands and Forza 3.

Instead of hearing a 5 minute story about Cheapy doing something funny, followed by a short, sweet review of Forza 3, instead we get a very boring and long review of Forza 3. And I'm pretty sure people that were interested in the game already knew about the rewind feature and the marketplace for other users' cars and such. Hell, I have no interest in the game whatsoever and I already knew about them.

Forgot to mention: Cheapy, your Win 7 Whopper video was mentioned on the Giant Bombcast this week. They mention that they watched you trying to eat it and how disgusting the burger looks. Pretty funny.

So Cheapy, it seems the GB guys know who you are. Say hi to them next time. :)

Hi Gents,

Enjoyed the show, as always.

One topic which annoyed me a bit was Cheapy's Rock Band Beatles DLC rant. Cheapy you were complaining even before you got the game that you didn't think there were enough songs, yet you still bought it. Then in your next breath you're saying you'd pay $60 for a RB game with Tommy in it.

If you make the decision to support these games then you need to suck it up dude, until people vote with their wallets, DLC will remain with us.

Hey Cheapy next time you see someone from Giantbomb say your the guy that ate the windows 7 burger. It's funny that you guys talked about ever meeting someone from Giantbomb and they talk about Cheapy eating the burger.

Re: The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 server controversy. The PC community only has themselves to blame for this. Because no matter what Infinity Ward has said about the matchmaking experience, the whole setup is so that copies of the game will have to check in with IW's servers and check to see if it was a pirated copy. Everybody's forgotten that this was a huge problem for CoD4. The original post by Robert Bowling, Community Relations Manager, has been taken down but lots of news stories still have the quotes.

From January 2008:
On another PC related note, we pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Multiplayer (which was fantastic). What wasn't fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen / cracked CD keys of pirated copies (and that was only people playing online)," said Robert.

"[I'm] not sure if I can share the exact numbers or percentage of PC players with you, but I'll check and see; if I can I'll update with them. As the amount of people who pirate PC games is astounding. It blows me away at the amount of people willing to steal games (or anything) simply because it's not physical or it's on the safety of the internet to do.

Unfortunately this affects people who bought legal copies of the game, but so many bad apples spoiled the barrel.

no need for a new computer. Get VMWare Fusion and install Windows 7 on it. Instead of going through the hassle of dual booting or anything like that.

Hey didn't see how many people mentioned it but the audio sync was off, don't you edit the shows together from 2 separate audio files? One recorded locally for each of you? Or do you record the skype stream? Either way I'm guessing Cheapy was about half a second or more ahead on the timeline than Wombat, so Cheapy would start saying something literally as Wombat was finishing a word. This is not from Cheapy wanting to cut Wombat off this is a technical issue, I know it's really nitpicky but if you can recognize the cause that'd be great if you could fix it. Never noticed on any other episodes this bad of the problem.

Also terrible name for CAG trading. Cagslist

Cheapy, there is a reason for the multiple use of certain songs in DJ Hero. Each mix in the game is composed of two separate songs. The debeloper still has to pay licensing fees for each individual song that is used in the game. The entire tracklist is composed of 102 individual songs. If the setlist used each song only once, they would have to pay for almost 200 song licenses for the 93 mixes that are on the game.

When you actually get to playing the game, you will notice that the songs are used in completely different ways during each mix. One song wont sound the same when in two different mixes.

Hmm.... Maybe CAG Bazaar or CAG Mercantile? I'm guessing I'll probably be the only person that likes either of these suggestions.

Yes 27" imac with 4850 and i5 Quad-core and you won't need a Windows gaming pc. It's only $2k. ORder now. Ships November. Bootcamp for Windows gaming.

There was something that stuck on me from the show, but I forgot what it what was. Ok now I remember. I like your review of Forza where you said "There's just a ton of sht to do."

I can just imagine Wombat calling a game crap and Cheapie saying there's a ton of sht to do or something like that. Ah well there's got to be a joke or angle in there somewhere to go on about.

[quote name='trip1eX']Yes 27" imac with 4850 and i5 Quad-core and you won't need a Windows gaming pc. It's only $2k. ORder now. Ships November. Bootcamp for Windows gaming.

There was something that stuck on me from the show, but I forgot what it what was. Ok now I remember. I like your review of Forza where you said "There's just a ton of sht to do."

I can just imagine Wombat calling a game crap and Cheapie saying there's a ton of sht to do or something like that. Ah well there's got to be a joke or angle in there somewhere to go on about.[/QUOTE]

The monitor is really nice, but they could have put a better graphics card in there.

You're right Wombat, the Wolverine movie sucked. My mom loved it but since I was a faithful X-men reader when I was a kid in the early 90s, the over abundance of characters and the butchering of Deadpool's character killed whatever enjoyment I could have gotten. The special effects was pretty crappy too. The game was so much better.

Oh yeah, why not use Parallels or boot camp on yer Mac for some low level PC gaming? Or are you going for the cutting edge setup for some hardcore grph1x?

Oh, and one more thing- TRAITOR!

I have my reasons for not playing PC games, but the best reason is TIME! I don't have 200 years to play WoW or Diablo or online FPSes or whatever. I have a family. PC gaming is for people without a family.

I definitely got startled playing Fallout 3 with some regularity. I had a thing for wandering around the wasteland and randoms would suddenly appear loudly and scare me. I like being scared that way, like I'm walking around in a game all hum-dee-dum, and WHAM! Something's there to kill you.

Did either of you guys not play Fatal Frame? That was the scariest games I've ever played. My ex-wife really wanted to watch while I played but I didn't last more than 20 minutes into the game before ejecting it and never playing it again.

Oh a side note, I did okay with the girls in high school but things really picked up in college too.

I feel for you Wombat. I actually found out my Gandfather passed under rather tragic circumstances on the 23rd which also happens to be my fathers b-day who passed 4 years earlier which not to mention is the day before my birthday the 24th. It was a pretty bad b- day.

I did get Bordelands for my b-day which isn't that bad although it is a very slowstart and all the backtracking is annoying. Also while the bazillion guns is nice, most are similar in look and stats.

Also, I got into the Facebook and all that stuff and it's really not that great. Last.FM was kind of dumb and boring. Started to piss me off that I could find one song I liked and then the rest was wierd crap I had to turn off. I don't twitter so meh, and the Facebook app was lame. There was not much in the way of anything for now.

Great show!

Very sorry to hear about Grandpa Wombat. I lost my grandfather to cancer in 1996 while I was in college, and it was hard to watch such a strong, accomplished, caring man (and the only grandfather I had, since both my mom's parents died when she was young) slowly waste away. Probably the hardest part was seeing how it affected my dad. It wrecked him. And it wasn't a big stretch to imagine being in his shoes in years to come. Hopefully that's a long way off.

Lay off Cheapy for not eating the entire Windows 7 Whopper. I thought he was smart to leave as much as he did. There's no pride in forcing yourself to eat ungodly amounts of shitty food. Save those calories for something worthwhile. fuck Burger King.

Speaking of questionable Batman/Superman pairings, have either of you run across The Gayest Comic Ever Printed? Satisfaction guaranteed.

Also, going back to the previous show, Wombat is absolutely right about Duck Tales. That game is legendary. Even my wife, who doesn't play many games, still remembers that one from her youth, citing it as the first and possibly only game she ever beat. They need to bring it back in some form or another. The other remake I would LOVE to see is RC Pro-Am.

Video of the ExciteBike remake looks surprisingly good. Looks as though they've done a good job of preserving the feel of the NES original, but incorporated some of the cool aspects of ExciteTruck and ExciteBots, including the deforming landscapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkwEipL9SI

Why all the grief for "wolverine"? It is the movie version, not an adaptation like "The Watchmen". What did you think of that movie? Besides it was an origin movie, Deadpool wasn't the main character, just a bit part explaining his origin in the movie universe. Not the comic book character verbatim.

While not the best comic movie it was still better than "superman returns and bores us to death", "Batman and Robin", "Batman Forever", "Batman Returns", " the spirit", "Ghost Rider","Daredevil", "Electra","Fantastic Four 1 and 2", " The incredible hulk" and "spiderman 3" (which was worse deadpool or venom?...venom by a longshot)

Yes the film looked rushed, and some of the effects cheesey, and the lead actress was atrocious but it was way better than the movies I listed. Comic book fans are the worse movie critics because they want literal adaptations of their favorite heroes and stories. I think the "Watchmen" movie tried this approach and the results were mixed at best. So rating "wolverine" only as a movie only, I thought it was worth seeing in the theater. Not perfect but I could recommend it as a rental or matinee. Certainly not the worst movie in the history of cinema.

Funniest part of the show for me was hearing Wombat talk about looking up old girlfriends to see how fat they got. Um, hello? Maybe they've done that themselves with you, Stuart...you haven't exactly slimmed your way into your 30's, my friend.

They're all probably vomiting into their monitors, thinking about "little Wombat's" early experiences. I'm about to, as well, come to think of it.

Love you Wombat! Play some damned Uncharted 2! Forget about the first one, it's not necessary!

Good show guys, thanks again.

Comment to Cheapy - Every time I hear you talk about racing games.. you drive me crazy! You play a fighting game to fight, you play a shooting game to shoot... but for racing games... you want more.. you want to play arts and crafts... you want this and that. Just enjoy the racing game. With that thought you missed out on the entire Motorstorm series and I guess you're probably going to miss out on GT5 since it may not have all the bells and whistles of Forza 3. I'm not bashing, I just think you should enjoy the basic game and worry about the extras later. Also, I'll admit that Forza 3 has added some great features to make it a GREAT game. Especially that replay feature.. I loved it. I hope GT5 copies it... and according to rumors, they will.

Great show Guys you guys remind me of three guys from a "james bond" type of movie.

Agent CheapyD is the bond that is trying to save the day. Shipwreck is the man behind the computer giving cheapy help to stop...DADADA the evil Wombat.

And yes I only posted this to win the PsP game.

bread's done
Back