CAGcast #184: The Best Podcast Fueled By Doo Doo

[quote name='rogueweapon']Avatar will be one of the first Bluray 3D movies coming out this year. The previous decade was all about HD, this decade seems to be about 3D HD. The recent CES showcased 3D tvs for your home.[/QUOTE]But note how nearly every tech reviewer, from gdgt to Attack of the Show, didn't find it compelling. Since resoultions and refresh rates have hit the wall of what human beings can notice, the only improvement TV manufacturers can make is cost. (Good!) But if they want to keep the high-end (with its higher profit margins) up they're desperately trying to come up with new features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Xbox 360 Elites with bigger hard drives. If they're keeping the price the same ($299) they're going to need to do something else then just add a bigger hard drive. At this point the PS3 just has more features. Since Sony still loses money on each system made and and Xbox passed that corner a while ago, the 360 either has to drop in price or bundle some accessories. I'd suggest the Wifi adapter and a 1-year Xbox Live gold subscription. Though I think a cheaper system would be the way to go. Imagine if they did away with the Arcade and sold the Elite for $199.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I like how Wombat shit on Calling All Cars for having only a few maps while PAIN is his favorite PS3 game of all time.[/QUOTE]
Didn't he get PAIN for free?

Thank you for another 'Cast! Shipwreck as third wheel is working out pretty well. Keep it up!

Fred Meyer is even doing the $50 GC with Xbox Elite. Something is definitely coming down the pipe. Probably just a 250 GB model. I don't see them dropping the price so soon after the last drop.

Hey guys, new to the forum/podcasts. This was the first cagcast I listened to and I think the show is awesome. Just subscribed so I'll be listening to the old cagcasts while looking forward to the next one.

Hey Wombat - Zelda is my #1 franchise! I'll buy any Zelda game that comes out. Even if it involves diddling Link with the Wii vitality sensor for 40-50 hours. I do agree with the Twilight Princess assessment. It was definitely a Zelda Greatest Hits meets Okami. But still a great game.

Thanks. Looking forward to listening.

Is there a specific version/remix of the intro? I'd like to track it down. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

bread's done
Back