CAGcast #191: Motion Fighters

BEST....SHOW.....EVER....the PlayStation Move segment was excellent! When Wombat dropped the f-bomb about 5 times in under 30 seconds when the mere mention that the Move might use batteries was awesome...the hatred and bitterness was a-flowing!

Good show again. I'm one of those people who usually game/surf the internet while listening to the show but never find myself so worked up about something that I have to email you guys or anyone you guys happen to talk about.

Good show as most always fellas. I appreciate that CheapAssGamer doesn't pull punches and you aren't afraid to call a spade a spade (or a BM a BM as the case may be). While I wouldn't blame you for shilling out if some game company drove a dump truck full of money to your luxury Japanese condo, I'm a happy camper that it either hasn't happened yet or that I haven't noticed.

With Shipwreck becoming more of a consistent co-host the CheapAssGamer podcast has achieved a nice equilibrium. I don't think I could listen to any one of you guys by yourselves for any length of time unless I was being treated to a giant lobster or something. But together you three gentlemen are significantly greater than the sum of your podcasting parts, combining into a mighty Voltron like entity. Except, rather than robotic lions, the podcast is formed from a sweet mix of humor, news, deals and verbal pissing on the lameass ideas that everyone else seems to be lauding.

Another awesome show! I don't get on here and let you guys know how I feel too often, but in alot of cases, those who arent complaining but still listening, appreciate it the most.

Great show guys. I appreciate the fact that I'm not the only person who really doesn't care about all these motion controllers coming out. Be nice to Wombat, if only because of his constant simpsons quotes.

I listen to a bunch of different podcasts during my long commutes every day, and CAGCast is easily my favorite of them all. Keep up the good work.

It's been said already, but I'd like to reiterate it: bringing Shipwreck on board has definitely added something to the podcast (something good!) (Not that it wasn't good before).

[quote name='JHawkZero']With Shipwreck becoming more of a consistent co-host the CheapAssGamer podcast has achieved a nice equilibrium.
[/QUOTE]

Agree with this, boatcrash is awesome.
Also, loved how FFXIII only got a mention this week. I kinda expected a bit more talk about what is probably one of the most popular vg franchises.

Oh well, not a big loss. Wombat's (I think) right. Everyone else will cover it anyway.

Awesome show again, it's nice to hear someone openly ripping on the new motion control focus this industry is taking.

I have been a longtime listener. I listen to most "major" podcasts, but your's is the only "indie" one I listen to for a reason. Keep up the great work.

Lmao, the talk about the BM and Shitbox was hilarious. I definitely share your feelings on it all, Cheapy. All this motion control stuff is just one big downer. Those BM launch games sound like mostly Wii games, the only difference is that they'll be in HD.

I've been digging on the podcasts...I generally only listen to a few podcasts, Smodcast, or Giant Bombcast...And I've been enjoying what I've heard so far. Keep it up, sirs.

Everyone always seems to have some complaint about the show. I've listened for a few years and enjoy it very much. I'm always laughing at the remarks you guys make on the show. I find that I agree with Wombat a lot while others just seem to misunderstand him. CheapyD always has great things to say about life in Japan. I guess I relate because my wife's brother lives there. I get games, news, and more from the show. Keep up the great work! Just ignore those complainers.

:cool:

Wombat sounded like he thought it was a bad idea that his 5 year old niece was playing video games. I actually think it's not quite a bad thing. My daughter is 3 and she's been learning with Little Big Planet. Little Big Planet is especially cool because she's learned how to use stickers and knows when to hit switches and hold on to things. I think it's helping out with her problem solving skills. She also plays mario kart...mega man 2 on the iphone and new supermario bros on ds.

There it is! Shipwreck inspired me for what you should call the "Move". Microsoft has "Project Shitbox" and Sony now has the "Ballsack"!

Long time listener first time commenter. Thought the show was great as always. I can's wait to get my chums around to play motion fighter. Does anyone know if it has sub-controller support?

Hey Cheapy.

On the topic of picking up radio interference, twisted pair wire may help. You could try braiding your speaker wire together to see if it helps. Simply twist the two lines of your speaker cable run together to make a helix of the cable run. The tigher the twist, the better.

I don't expect that'll help you much, but give it a go. A better bet is installing RF chokes onto your cables.

Have a look here: https://www.radiodan.com/Henry/parts/RF_chokes.htm

This podcast is the best. I like how transparent CheapyD is. He's not afraid to tell us anything. I like that Boatcrash has become a regular as well.

I dont like Wombat that much, sorry Wombat. Great show though

Always love hearing about Cheapy's robo-toilet and robo-tub!

And dude, if I could get 1 gigabit internet for $20/month I would get it just because I could.

[quote name='skubish']Always love hearing about Cheapy's robo-toilet and robo-tub!

And dude, if I could get 1 gigabit internet for $20/month I would get it just because I could.[/QUOTE]

I like how you guys tell it how it really is. I agree that Project Shitbox and the Sony BM are both going to suck. I don't understand what's up with all these motion controls. I want to sit on my ass when playing games not jump around.

Funny show!!! I really had hard time controlling my laugh on the train this time. Mooning the Tokyo tower is priceless...

Good show.

I'm not going to jump on the Wombat hate train but I do remember liking him a lot more in the past than recently on the podcast. Either way Cheapy still sucks more. I'm enjoying Shipwreck on the podcast as well.

Good show. Nothing really stood out to me, though I do agree with the sentiments about motion technology. Seems like such an awful direction for gaming. Also, I'm not sure how interesting a Bioshock 2 roundtable would be. The story is paper-thin IMHO. I wish they would have fleshed out your character more than they did.

Good show guys. I like how Wombat has evidently been silenced about the DRM in Assassin's Creed II. I don't think Wombat takes away from the show though and I like his jokes a lot. I was listening to the show with his Simpson's reference "what advantages does this have over a train which I could also afford" and loved it. I feel your pain as I make these jokes and almost nobody ever gets them, but when they do its great.

Cheapy, I don't know why you are ever considered a villian. You seem generous - giving away a GC to somebody posting about the show.

Boatcrash, they were right about you, you do add to the show.

Keep up the good work guys.

Great show guys! Love the PlayStation BMoveMent I really don't want to have another stupid piece of plastic crap around my house. Also Wombat asked about batteries and no it doesn't use AAs it has the same battery as the Dualshock 3 the lightbulb part lasts 10 hours and the sub controller has 30 according to an interview with Shu Yoshida at GDC. Thought you might want to know and keep up the great work!

Great podcast! There needs to be another show with the trio of Mrs. Cheapy, Mrs. Wombat, and Mrs. Boatcrash added into the mix. I kinda miss CAG Foreplay.

Great show as usual. And since we know Cheapy's dad listens to the show and generally criticizes Cheapy's spending. We need to hear his opinion on the kitchen cabinets.

At this point Sony can call that controller what ever they want. To the general public its a Nunchuck and a Remote/Wiimote.

[quote name='Kuromimi']This is the most comments I've seen for a CAGcast. Anyways great show![/QUOTE]
If you've listened to the show, then you know why that is.

But in any case, I really enjoyed this one. Personally, however, I would really like to hear more about Cheapy's bathtub. Are all Tokyo bathroom fixtures self-aware, or is that particular aspect of the coming robot revolution reserved exclusively for the wealthy? And if the latter is the case,then what would that do for the conventional prediction that, after the revolution, "power will inevitably be concentrated in the hands of the very few: Those who control the technology, and their disproportionately attractive wives?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - laughed a few times out loud. Wombat wanted some tips on how to be better, easy:
1. Give something away each show
2. Boatcrash, play more games
3. CheapyD, Keep up the obscure discussion whether about the site, etc - its why we listen
4. Wombat, Keep up the lame puns

The real problem with OnLive is that it uses a lot of bandwidth when you're streaming the games in HD. If you have Comcast, like most people in the United States, you'll hit your 250 GB monthly cap after 60 hours of playing, assuming that you only use your connection for OnLive.

That's a problem, I think.

Good show guys. I always enjoy it.

Great show! I would agree with others that you should avoid the live call in shows due to audio quality! The audio of the regular shows is outstanding! More shipwreck!

i have to admit i like the show a lot more when im drunk. by the way of course amazon won the best of everything, they just happen to be the best.

Completely agreed with Shipwreck on the Sega releases. I really have to wonder who at Sega decided it was a good idea to release both Yakuza 3 and Resonance of Fate within a week of Final Fantasy XIII (and within a month or so of 2 other semi-high profile JPRGs, White Knight Chronicles and Star Ocean 4 International), which also lead to the cut of content from Yakuza 3 and subsequent backlash, while practically setting it up for commercial failure.

bread's done
Back