CAGcast #200: Jews Gone Wild

pretty good podcast i just started listening and i think everyone has good chemistry and its very enjoyable to listen to.

[quote name='SpazX']On the logo - Wombat on there looks like a weird brown Beast with a shirt and I couldn't tell Cheapy was holding money at first, so it just looked like he was holding his hand up in a "I'm gonna bitchslap you" kind of way. I think I'm used to it now though.[/QUOTE]

Hehe it makes it look like it's the 2 Guys and a Furry Podcast.

Shipwreck, Wombat, and CheapyD are Jewish?? I don't understand this title "Jews Gone Wild". Someone please explain.

Or is it just Wombat? From the beard and the yamulka (sp?) hat, that has to be the case. :)

Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection is finally dlc that's worth the money. $10 for 19 multiplayer maps and a campaign level that can be played two very different ways.

Cheapy and Wombat are jews, dont know about shipwreck.

The new logo is nice congratz on that and the 200th episode:applause:.

On Red dead redemption metacritic score when I started playing the game I thought the exact same thing wow what a crazy meta score but now after finishing it and almost spending 40hrs playing it I can see how it got such an high score.
I dont want to spoil anything but I highly recommend that you finish it ;D

Listening to this now, congratulations for reaching 200 episodes! :) (I'll finish this when I get home from Taekwondo)

[quote name='ElektroDragon']

Or is it just Wombat? From the beard and the yamulka (sp?) hat, that has to be the case. :)[/QUOTE]

Beard & Yarmulke? I'm Jewish not a Rabbi

how can you NOT like Red Dead? the game is simply awesome, its so f-ing fun. shipwreck do you know about the fast travel? i love killing all the animal, i love killing all the people, the online is fun as hell when you're in a poses. Rockstars Stories are always over the top and that is why i love them so funny!

Congrats on 200 episodes guys! Here's to another 200 (or a big sell-out for Cheapy)! :p

Cheapy, when your wife mentioned about the video it got me thinking, have you guys ever thought about doing a video for one of the CAGcasts? It might be a pain in the ass to setup but, it would be kinda cool to see your physical reactions to each others comments, etc. Plus, who wouldn't want to stare at that shiny bald head for two hours?

Keep up the great work gentlemen!

Congrats on the 200th episode! ^_^ Good Job guys.

Thank you for responding my comment about Alan wake.

However, I think there are some misunderstanding about my last comment. James McCaffrey voiced some character in Alan Wake, but he is not the voice of Alan Wake.
So I am sorry to Wombat and all the CAG member for the wrong information.

Hope you Enjoy the game!

Hey, Cheapy D,

Love your show! Anyway, Michael Pachter claimed, "PS3 is the most awesome console. It's far better than the Xbox 360." on his show, Pach-attack from GT. What is your opinion about that?

I understand a lot of people like Michael Pachter. But do you think he jump to his prediction too fast without really understanding the gamers in general?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen (and occasional lady), thank you for all those countless hours of quality cheap ass entertainment. To your health!

I like the new avatars, but I recall that bit from an earlier show where someone pointed out that you now were each identifiable with the title, and they were absolutely right: Cheap (Wombat) Ass (Cheapy) Gamer (Shipwreck). Wombat and Shipwreck should get swapped around on the new podcast album art. :)

I totally agree with your commentary about the characters that Marston helps out in his missions. On the one hand, they are awesome and beautifully animated, but on the other they, as you were saying, are too dim witted and extreme to be believable allies of Marston's. I think the Bonnie, Beecher's Hope, and maybe the Rickets lines are the most believable and refreshing. The others just kind of stick out as over the top caricatures of what people might find funny and shocking about the wild west.

Cheapy D says it best: there is just a list of little things that could have been done to make it much awesomer (paraphrased). At the end of the day, though, an amazing and satisfying game. Totally worth $60.

Also, check out my review (it's a real quick read)
I explore the game's Libertarian propaganda aspects too...
http://defconawesome.com/2010/05/red-dead-redemption-review/

teen%20wolfs%20dad.JPG

Wombat's avatar in 20 years?

$150 Natal a rumor started by MS to make price look cheap at $99 or $79 or maybe even $59.

Congrats on 200th. Good luck in the future on whatever you do. Show was good while it lasted.

/rumor

Congrats on the podcast milestone!

I play piano, and I really enjoy pop/rock music that includes keyboard. So if Rock Band 3 includes a new instrument for this, I would be interested. Although I'm not sure how much I would enjoy it. Do people who play guitar or drums for realsies like guitar and drum rhythm games? Guitar might be different, but piano and drums seem to translate more closely over to video games.

BTW, a standard octave on a keyboard is 8 white keys and 5 black keys:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Piano-keyboard.jpg

Essentially, the ground floor of my office building is a Target. I have to go through it everyday in order to access the bus terminal. This means at least 2 times a day, I have to pass by the electronics department, and hear the TVs cycle through the fucking Red Dead Redemption commercial. If I ever hear the phrase "This is AMERICA, where a lying, cheating degenerate can prosper" again, I'm going to lose it.

Also, love the new logo.

Hey guys. Good show thus far... but I had to stop in the middle of it to say something to Wombat.

Hey dick. Next time you decide to just randomly spoil something completely unrelated to whatever is going on in the conversation, how about giving a little more heads up? Simply shouting SPOILER ALERT and half a second later spouting off? Dick move.

That's all. Thanks.

Successful gaming peripherals off the top of my head:
- Wii Balance Board
- Wii Wheel
- Wii Motion Plus

Last 2 are maybes, but the first one you cannot deny its' success.

[quote name='ZeroForte']Hey guys. Good show thus far... but I had to stop in the middle of it to say something to Wombat.

Hey dick. Next time you decide to just randomly spoil something completely unrelated to whatever is going on in the conversation, how about giving a little more heads up? Simply shouting SPOILER ALERT and half a second later spouting off? Dick move.

That's all. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

what did I spoil?

Congrats on 200.

Didn't you guys go over your religious background in one of the last few episodes? Unless this is the first CAGcast for some, I don't understand how several people are confused.

I demand a CAGcast FAQ/transcipt program to rectify these questions!!

[quote name='banodyne']Cheapy, this isn't related to the show but I wanted to ask if you've thought about a +/- system for readers to leave about comments. Sometimes users post things that aren't worth replying back to but you want to say good comment or disagree with it.[/QUOTE]
(Emphasis mine)

You pointed out the exact reason why those user moderation systems are awful. In the vast majority of cases, posts are modded down when someone posts an opposing viewpoint, regardless of how well reasoned it may be. A moderation system should be used to discourage trolling/offensive/off topic posts, not to discourage conversation.

Hey Wombat... Why is your CAG avatar naked while your CAGcast logo and Twitter avatars have clothes?
Do you like being naked in the CAG forums? hehe...

Wow Wombats voice is really nasally for the first Cagcast. He sounds so different.

Congrats on 200 episodes!

Yay for 200!

So the only thing I have to say about the podcast so far is about the Gamestop "deals." I've got a beef with Gamestop over the credits they're giving out as of late. They're coupon codes, but they won't let you combine them with anything other than your Edge discount. I understand the reasoning behind not letting people use multiple promotion codes on an order, but a coupon code shouldn't fall into that boat. Is anyone else bugged by this?

Congratz guys! Put a smile on my face hearing episode 1 at the end with the Army of Darkness sound-board.

Okay, I just finished and I really liked hearing the first CAGcast at the end!

The only real problem I had with the show was the rules for the CAGcast drinking game! Has Tim even listened to the CAGcast? Listeners should take a shot/drink when:

Wombat tells a listener/anyone to fuck themselves
Cheapy mentions Jean Snow
Shipwreck mentions anything about a press junket
Cheapy mentioning his underwear or his need of new clothes during E3
Cheapy bringing up weed
Anyone saying shitbox

This works better, I think.

Great show guys, I'm really looking forward to the Alan Wake spoiler filled discussion whenever it's done.

Congrats, here's to another 200!

Also, loved the outro ... Man ...Wombat sounded like he hadn't hit puberty yet during that clip ...

Cheapy brought up an awesome point with the DLC of most games that attempt to add to the single player and story being usually incredibly underwhelming.

I'm skeptical of how the Mass Effect 2 dlc will turnout, but I'm hopeful.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okay, I just finished and I really liked hearing the first CAGcast at the end!

The only real problem I had with the show was the rules for the CAGcast drinking game! Has Tim even listened to the CAGcast? Listeners should take a shot/drink when:

Wombat tells a listener/anyone to fuck themselves
Cheapy mentions Jean Snow
Shipwreck mentions anything about a press junket
Cheapy mentioning his underwear or his need of new clothes during E3
Cheapy bringing up weed
Anyone saying shitbox

This works better, I think.

Great show guys, I'm really looking forward to the Alan Wake spoiler filled discussion whenever it's done.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I also think that a possibility could have been any time Cheapy refers to the Stern show or Howard Stern.

[quote name='ZeroForte']American Idol.

in b4 I'm a gay.
[/QUOTE]

lol he did you a favor, GO WOMBAT =D

loved the show, so great to listen to the first episode at the end, that was awesome, i remember first listening to a quite a long ass time ago. :)

I used to think my gaming tastes were similar to Shipwreck but after this episode I realize now that is far from true lol. Red Dead Redemption is a lot of things but BORING?!?! REALLY??? And not liking Super Mario Galaxy...... that's just wrong. SO both those things are shit but then the real kicker...... the E3 most wanted games list.

Bulletstorm

BULLETSTORM......... REALLY............REALLY

I mean God knows we all could use another 1st/3rd person shooter that uses Unreal Engine 3............. thats just bad. OH but it's like the Club................ wait that's a good thing?

whew. I know we all have different tastes and how we feel about games is subjective but c'mon.

Other than that good show haha.

lol i dont think natal is coming with s slim ps3 lmao but he i guess anything is possible cheapy. i agree with you that 150 is alot but people have spent more than that on plastic insturments that can only be used on 1 type of game so i can see it doing well if it works much like the sony move. it all depends on the games.

bread's done
Back