CAGcast #220: You Tell 'em, Slaphead

Cheapy, I too have been turning my pillow yellow. Although until I heard last weeks show I just assumed it was my drool that was causing it. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

[quote name='Wombat']Thats a joke, lighten up. I was wrong, I got the wrong information for another podcast and perpetuated the wrong info. I guess I should pack it in, because I thought that Pac-Man was an exclusive. Probably the worst mistake ever made by anyone. I am glad that it has been brought up by various different people as if it had not been mentioned yet.[/QUOTE]

I was just kidding as well... that's why I put the "lol" in my post. I'm just glad that the game is coming to PS3 cause I really want to play some Pac Man.

Great show. The whole "Slaphead" thing was funny. I'm glad at least Shipwreck plays the Wii from time to time. And, based on CheapyD's recommendation for the AC:B multiplayer, I'll be getting that game soon.

Too bad CheapyD isn't in the WFL. That way I could beat all of the CAGCast crew.

Cheapy - I got one of those electric bidets you rave about. Not a Toto, but a Coco.

It works as described and my ass has never been cleaner. But man, the thing looks like it's made for handicapped people. I'm also not used to my toilet making noises when I sit on it.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed. Normally you're on point with this stuff. Sure, I've got a clean pooper, but aesthetically, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Maybe the Japanese ones look more badass.

Before you guys wrap up the peeing in the shower topic, I want to add my 2 cents for why it's ok.

The shower is a self-cleaning room, it gets covered in soap and water every time you use it. Wombat, if you somehow got covered in piss on your way home what would you do? You would take a shower, effectively getting pee in the shower. As long as you're not pissing at the end of the shower, I don't see the problem.

Also, women should have the right to pee in the shower anytime they want. Peeing standing up is one of the most glorious things in life and they only get the chance in the shower.

I thought that Wombat's topic of whether or not a game should ever be made from a business point of view was interesting. Anybody who has kept track of game sales for this console generation can probably get a gut feeling of whether a game will sell or not just by looking at a short demo. Many of these games that don't sell well are indeed good games, but what will it take to sell them? It's kind of sad to see talented developers avoid new and untested concepts out of fear that it just won't appeal to the mass audience. But hey, throw enough advertising money at something an it's instantly appealing. $500 million dollars sure did the trick for Microsoft.

Regarding the belief from Cheapy that Microsoft would never fire Major Nelson because of his social network power, I disagree. I don't think there's anything particular interesting about Major Nelson that drives people to follow or listen to him.

I think the exclusive news he shares on his blog and podcast is why people follow him. If Microsoft brought someone else in to do the same, I'm sure he or she would have just as much followers as Major Nelson.

That said, I hope he stays around because I like watching or listening to people who genuinely love games and not just some pretty girl who's saying whatever the writers tell her to.

Wombat you talked about your college roommate who kept a Gatorade bottle of urine in his refrigerator. My friend used to keep a zip lock bag of his poo in his mini-fridge. When I asked him about it he said you never know when you might need some fresh poo.

Always an entertaining show.

What is the website you guys use to track how much you play each game?

I need to sign up for that. For time management, you know.

And what was that iPhone game Cheapy talked about a few episodes back like Video Game Tycoon?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hiei69']I thought that Wombat's topic of whether or not a game should ever be made from a business point of view was interesting. Anybody who has kept track of game sales for this console generation can probably get a gut feeling of whether a game will sell or not just by looking at a short demo. Many of these games that don't sell well are indeed good games, but what will it take to sell them? It's kind of sad to see talented developers avoid new and untested concepts out of fear that it just won't appeal to the mass audience. But hey, throw enough advertising money at something an it's instantly appealing. $500 million dollars sure did the trick for Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

It seems like the top sellers these days fall in the first person shooter (Halo, Call of Duty), first person action RPGs (Fallout, Mass Effect), sports (NBA2K11, Madden), and open world (GTA, Red Dead) buckets with an emphasis on brand name studios pedigrees behind them. Other then above, it's really hard to break out a new hit with an unknown studio (Batman AA excepted) even IF you make a great game.

Driving a police car that looks like a Lamborghini, you say? Welcome to Italy ( :
to be honest, there are only two of these roaming the highways as far as I know.

Hey Cheapy,
Garnett Lee gave your site a shout out on Weekend Confirmed. They were talking about black Friday deals and he said to go to CAG for the most extensive coverage. That was cool.

Finally got around to listening to this. My girlfriend takes insanely hot showers so when I do join her, I can go all over her back and she won't even notice.

bread's done
Back