CAGcast #221: We Love Robot Butlers

On the subject of the Sony sound bar, I have the 150, and it is a solid product. For the price, it puts out great sound, and it is really easy to set up. Only once have I sensed any surround sound effect, but it really did sound like the sound was coming from behind me. I don't watch a lot of things that would take advantage of surround sound though. Wish I could afford the Yamaha sound bar, but if you are on a budget, the Sony product is a great choice.

[quote name='kevindoc']I think the "Download last week's Live show here." link is pointing to an old show from earlier this year....is that just me?[/QUOTE]

Yup. This is true for me as well. Fix it please, David.

[quote name='DrMunkee']No. Beat your own chest like you are freakin' Donkey Kong. Brag about how influential you have been in the charity drive. You guys deserve it. Everyone that is involved in this site does such a great job that when the time arises to give a little, people are more than willing to cough up a few bucks. Sure, Child's Play would continue on whether CAG was involved or not, and a lot of the donors would still donate through other means. Still, some of us who are more than willing to donate would probably not have done so without CAG showing us the road. And let's face the facts; some people are NOT donating because they want to help the children. That is the reason he throws in the raffle. Without CAG, they would never do that, and less money would have been raised. You are helping out a charity on a massive scale, and if that is not a reason for you to feel on top of the world, then I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

He does own a Donkey Kong Machine...

[quote name='Ruahrc']I think a new assassins creed in japan would work really well. Ninja Assassins Creed. As shipwreck pointed out, once you get into the gun era it doesn't make much sense because you would just get shot. I don't think they should try to keep the same storyline but a game based in feudal japan would make great use of the technology and gameplay of assassins creed.[/QUOTE]

If they set it in Japan I think it should be after Japan was forced to allow Westerners in to the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opening_of_Japan

listened to this weeks cagcast while shoveling snow this morning and wombat just called me a son of a bitch

what a way to start the day

[quote name='jkanownik']I didn't get that either. I think you're imagining it. I unsarcastically tell people that the ending of ACII is great all the time though, so I'm biased in the other direction.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was sarcasm either. Honestly though, I can't get through AC2. It was SOOOOO much fun to play at first, but then I just hit a wall where it wasn't fun anymore, somewhere around the 10th sequence.

I've tried to go back and finish the game, but it's just so boring. I have way more money than I'll ever need, I'm sick of the collect-a-thon, there's no challenge at all to the missions and it's repetitive as fuck.

I thought of the perfect analogy for AC2. Pancakes.

When you order a big stack of pancakes, you start eating them and it's the best thing in the world. The syrup, the butter, the fluffy cakeness... mmmmm.

Then about half way through, it starts getting dry, so you add a lot more syrup. You start thinking you might not finish the stack.

Towards the end you're sick of freakin pancakes. It's a big pile of food that all tastes the same and you're full but you can't stop eating.

Eventually you push the plate away promising yourself to never order them again.

bread's done
Back