CAGcast #227: 5 Inches is Fine

My first time tuning in and you guys do a great job, keep up the good work and don't worry about length, it's all about what you do with what you little you have (talking about time of course!)

Also, HILARIOUS comment about nobody in real life being raped by dick wolves, unless you were raped by Law and Order creator Dick Wolf. I don't know why, but that shit has me rolling!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Wombat, stop with the over-enunciated proclamations. You come off as a condescending douche. Want an example? Go to the 40:37 mark of this week's show.

xoxo,
skadave

I own a PSP Go and that was $250, I don't know if I'll be happy or mad if the NGP is that price.

Also, I'm a huge Lumines fan, but as a Go owner I cannot get this game. It's not offered on the Sony Store and I agree this is one of the must play titles on the PSP but apparently Sony doesn't seem to think so.

I bought Lumines because of all the hype and didn't enjoy it at all. Having to start from the beginning every time (even in Vs. mode) isn't my idea of fun.

I believe the original PSP actually came with a 32 MB Memory Stick PRO Duo. I used that to save PSP games on for a couple of years until I got a 512 MB stick for about $60.

I'd say longer shows are better.

Also...from now on can we have contests that aren't first come/first serve? Since you guys put out your podcast so late most people won't ever even get a chance to win.

I gotta get a link on this 'Raptor' tracking service you guys keep talking about..google gives me nothing unless its some weird spelling that I don't know..unless this website is only for the gaming elite (?)

[quote name='token2k6']I gotta get a link on this 'Raptor' tracking service you guys keep talking about..google gives me nothing unless its some weird spelling that I don't know..unless this website is only for the gaming elite (?)[/QUOTE]
http://raptr.com/

[quote name='token2k6']I gotta get a link on this 'Raptor' tracking service you guys keep talking about..google gives me nothing unless its some weird spelling that I don't know..unless this website is only for the gaming elite (?)[/QUOTE]

http://raptr.com/dashboard

^^Try this, it's pretty slick. Now your wife knows how much time your wasting.

the shortened show was good for "today" as i only had an hour to work out.
i like the 90 minute show.

the ngp (psp2), like wombat said, needs to carve its own niche. i have a feeling its going to be about 400 bones if it does come out at that price, then it needs to be bundled with a game. way out of my price range for a portable. if sony says that you can be playing a game on your ps3, then this unit will have the ability to let you continue playing if you leave home. so for this luxury i will have to purchase the ngp version of this same game. eff that

CheapyD is the only person I've heard comment on the NGP's size. It seems much too big for a portable but not big enough to enjoy long sessions of games/ movies/ web.

Got to work this morning,expecting the friday grind, but oh to my suprise, a new CAGcast has arrived! Thanks to the CAG crew for helping get me through. Another day in the sunburnt country, listening to you.

This weeks show was pretty garbage thanks in no small part to no one stopping Wombat from blathering on and on. He seemed to be especially pleased with himself this week cause he just would not shut the fuck up.

Wombat, in order for the NGP to succeed, it needs its' own Pokemon. Until they get that, Sony isn't touching Nintendo's pie cooling on the window sill. Monster Hunter can't do it because it doesn't have a big enough appeal outside of Japan.

Ok, concerning the NGP. You guys totally forgot about the PlayStation Suite (for the Android platform) part of the whole Sony media event. So, they're going to have a mobile platform along with their NGP. Also, I see no reason whatsoever that any game on the iPhone could not work on the NGP. Sure, the form factor is bigger, and it's not as portable, but the NGP can do everything the iPhone can do, but it can also do everything a PSP can do too.

I love my PSP for more in-depth games like God of War. My wife and I only have 1 TV, and I can play my PSP while she watches Netflix. Also, my wife is a scientist, so I take the PSP to her lab when she works late hours and on the weekends. I don't think Sony needs to make a niche per se, but they do need to make the platform accessible to any developer.

I also disagree with Shipwreck about the cost of making these games. I don't think it will necessarily cost any more to make games on the NGP than it will for the iPhone or 3DS (unless they choose to make the game very complex and have stunning graphics).

[quote name='skadave']FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Wombat, stop with the over-enunciated proclamations. You come off as a condescending douche. Want an example? Go to the 40:37 mark of this week's show.

xoxo,
skadave[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Wombat you don't have to sound like a parent talking down to a 5 year old when you want to make a point. Practice talking faster or something. Anything.

Also, did anyone else think in that video of the NGP unveiling when the guy was showing off the touchpad on Little Deviants, it looked like he was diddling a girl? Or is it just me? The NGP seems perverse in a way that only Japan can do.

[quote name='skadave']FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Wombat, stop with the over-enunciated proclamations. You come off as a condescending douche. Want an example? Go to the 40:37 mark of this week's show.

xoxo,
skadave[/QUOTE]
Really? You come off as a douche for pointing that out.

I enjoyed this show as usual but definitely like the longer shows better. I like when you guys have time to go off the topic of video games, those are my favorite parts.

I liked the 1 hour show. This may be the first CAGcast I've listened all the way through on. I'm sure your hardcore fans want a 10 hour show though.

Just another awesome CAGCast. Thoroughly enjoy the show.

At first I wasn't sure about Shipwreck being on, but now he's an absolute requirement. This is still my favorite video gaming podcast, after all these years.

I have to admit, I'm not that into NFS:HP. It's kind of floaty and seems easy. I guess I need to play it more, but I prefer the tighter arcade-y steering of Midnight Club games.

Haha when I first read the title I had Robin Quirvers' voice in my head.:D
Finally one of your obscure references I understand.
Great show as always

Good show, but an hour? You know how miserable my job is? Only taking an hour out of my day of not thinking about numbers sucks. Three hours is much more pleasing.

And am I the only one that thinks dickwolf sounds like someone who's sniffing out dicks? If you take that word out of context of the rape comic, I don't see how that's upsetting to women. If anything, it should be upsetting to other men. Unless a woman wore the t-shirt. Different story in that case.

Figures you guys talked about game of the year candidates and didn't mention the PS3 exclusive that will be in the discussion. Uncharted 3.

More importantly what do you guys think about the Playstation Suite coming to Android devices for now and potentially IOS and Win 7 phones in the future? Is Sony cannibalizing their own market for the NGP?

[quote name='mycroft']Figures you guys talked about game of the year candidates and didn't mention the PS3 exclusive that will be in the discussion. Uncharted 3.[/QUOTE]

Don't get your panties in a bunch, they didn't mention Mass Effect 3 either, which is obviously important to the CAGcast crew.

[quote name='codenamelenny']Really? You come off as a douche for pointing that out.

I enjoyed this show as usual but definitely like the longer shows better. I like when you guys have time to go off the topic of video games, those are my favorite parts.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! Touche. Perhaps i was a bit harsh.

Thanks for the show guys, but I like your show to be long. All the others I vote short but you guys are just about the only entertaining podcast these days in regards to gaming, I listened to this weeks three times, mostly because I listen while working and get interrupted.

Also watched my son play Dead Space 2 all the way through. Plan to experience it myself this weekend. I agree game of the year contender.

Wizard of what?? :D

Good show guys. I think it was bit short/rushed, but being that I'm never short of podcasts, having a 1 hour show is fine by me.

I'm sure this is the overwhelming sentiment, but I like more the CAGcast, not less! I was listening as I shoveled the remains of the blizzard, and the show this week only got me through a third of the driveway!

Cheapy D, i can relate to you quiting game, But i dont quit. Ive been play Mass Effect 2 (ps3) on insane difficulty. Died a bunch of times recruiting Mordin. It was not because of the difficulty but mainly lack of knowing the area and bad squad positioning. Then i jumped into recruiting the spector from ME1. This is where i got stuck for not doing weapon upgrades and researching other worlds. So i set the difficulty back to Vet. Anyways what i wanted to say was that i find Mass Effect 2 boring during fire fights on the veteran setting. I can pretty much run down any enemy. It just weird for some reason, this game is awesome in insane, idk i guess its just me.

Longer (show) is better. This one was still awesome tho. Thanks guys! Wasn't Wombat on the TV show 227? I knew I recognized him from somewhere!

When you guys first mentioned the idea of a shorter show, I thought maybe it was a good idea since your shows run on a little too long sometimes. However, this show felt really rushed and should have been longer. It's not about the size of the podcast, it's about how you use it.

[quote name='Desecron']Don't get your panties in a bunch, they didn't mention Mass Effect 3 either, which is obviously important to the CAGcast crew.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how anyone could read anything into that ridiculously short list. This fall could potentially have over twelve 90+ rated games:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 3
Call of Duty 8
Dark Souls
Diablo III
Elder Scrolls V
Gears of War 3
The Last Guardian
Mass Effect 3
Rage
Uncharted 3
Zelda Skyward Sword

And that's the fall alone and doesn't include titles that may make the year like Metal Gear Solid Rising or a new Assassin's Creed. Plus you can already put down Saints Row 3 as Cheapy's game of the year.

never heard of Wizard of Wor but the music definitely sounded familiar.

60-90 minutes is fine imo. though many shows seem to drag on once it hits the hour mark.

LONGER podcasts!

I have an hour long commute and commercials+radio will not cut it. It's already hard finding enough podcasts to fill my commutes for the whole week ...

I wouldn't feel guilty about the shorter shows Cheapy - do what you gotta do, not like we're paying for it! Played on my PS3 listening to it before going to bed and timed just right to be honest. Mind you, that means you were the last voice I heard before sleeping....I need a girlfriend!!

Kojima's idea of Metal Gear on the PS3, then taking it on the go on the NGP sounds pretty appealing...IF you don't have to buy a second copy. If they do something like DVD/Blu-Ray movies, where buying the game includes a digital/SD card copy of the game, that may work out - and keep gamers from buying games and spending money on other devices. (Makes sense, eh?)

Big difference maker is the dual analog, which was sorely lacking in the original PSP design. No sacrifice, unless the controls blow.

As Ship says, Lumines was definitely THE game for the PSP. It came out on release day and you couldn't put the thing down. Only much later did it see Xbox, etc. I'm sure Crisis Core fits the bill for many folks, too.

Wombat - seriously, a "must play" game = "your life would be empty if you never played it"? (So talkin' out of your ass! ;-) Give us ONE game that fits that definition. C'mon - you can do it!

Regarding the NGP, as jh6269 says: Playstation Suite. I also anticipate a lot of games being developed for the iPhone will find their way into a "mini" type of PSN store, we've also got cross-platform with Android, they'll have dual analog support in addition to touch screen, and be priced accordingly.

But will it sell? If it comes out around the holidays, has a strong suite of games, isn't priced too crazy and gets sufficient hype, it'll sell.

I agree with Wombat on the NGP. I would buy it if they only had versions of MLB The Show, Madden, & NHL that I could resume mid-game and some version or Fallout or Elder Scrolls. I don't care about anything else the system does. Just give me some games that are as easy to play as a console game, look great and I'm sold. Don't get me wrong, I still waste plenty of time on Infinity Blade, Cartoon Wars, etc., but it's only because there's nothing better out there.

bread's done
Back