CAGcast #243: E3 2011 Collector's Bundle

[quote name='Protocol Snow']Nobody who likes Rez seriously complains that it's only 90 minutes long because fans can recognize the replay value. I've been playing Rez for 10 years. The same holds true for Child of Eden, only more so because of its more sophisticated scoring system. If you're of the "only 90 minutes" mindset, this game isn't for you.[/QUOTE]

makes me wonder how many times I've played through einhander or rogue squadron at this point.

[quote name='msdmoney']Thanks for bringing up how pointless all of these CG trailers are. Until the game is ready to show and ready to play, I don't care about it. It seems like a complete waste of money to me.[/QUOTE]

a pretty waste of money, my friend knows hes never going to play the old republic but he still loves the trailers. They get people wondering and perhaps talking about the game, but I must say a damn nice stance on the matter.

Seems to me since there is hardly any connection between Prey and Prey 2 they would be better off calling it Prey: [Subtitle] so that those who have never heard of Prey (it has been almost five years after all) will think it is the first in the series (as it might as well be since it is completely different).

Walkman name is a bad idea because then people will hear that, make the connection to the old brand, and assume it is strictly a music player.

[quote name='kiddvid']Is it just me or does it sound like to anyone else that the dynamic between Cheapy and Ship is growing and between Cheapy and Wombat its dwindling? It just seemed like in this episode Cheapy had little patience for Wombat by mostly ignoring the smart aleck quips wombat normally uses to get attention or even chastising him about his "Walkman Plus" interjection by saying "They don't call it that wombat, so I don't think it's right that we call it that"......anyone else sensing a fracture in the Old Team?[/QUOTE]

I haven't listened to many CAGcasts. I listened to #1 - 10 and then recently the last four or so. But I agree with you.

I do love Ship though. Dude seems like a cool guy who just likes to talk about games.

Shipwreck,
Sorry but I have to call you out about completely ignoring what's happened with XBLA over the past 3 weeks. Since the D&D game came out at the end of May, the releases stopped coming for 2 weeks. Some people speculated that the game publishers did it was so PSN could catch up but no one said anything officially and I don't know of a single other time in XBLA history that it went 2 weeks without a single game.

Plus, the sequel to one of the top XBLA games of 2009 and still one of the top 10 most played XBLA games in the world came out last week, Magic 2012. To just ignore that completely was wrong IMO.

Wombat, if you still have those free 800 points I would HIGHLY recommend Magic 2012 if you've played any type of card games before. It's also a pretty easy 200 achievement points and you can get 160 just by playing through the campaign, beating 1 of the 1-turn challenges, and hosting and winning an archenemy (3 v 1 against an overpowered AI opponent) with 2 humans.

[quote name='kiddvid']Is it just me or does it sound like to anyone else that the dynamic between Cheapy and Ship is growing and between Cheapy and Wombat its dwindling? It just seemed like in this episode Cheapy had little patience for Wombat by mostly ignoring the smart aleck quips wombat normally uses to get attention or even chastising him about his "Walkman Plus" interjection by saying "They don't call it that wombat, so I don't think it's right that we call it that"......anyone else sensing a fracture in the Old Team?[/QUOTE]

Nah same story.

Probably seems that way to you since Ship and Cheapie went to E3 together and just got back. They only had 1 bed in their hotel room from the looks of it. Probably bonded a bit. :D

But Cheapie having little patience for Wombat comes and goes.

[quote name='bickle']Then how come previous Nintendo keynote's have been ridiculously bad? Remember the guy air drumming? The Miyamoto symphony? The soccer mom crap?

The Nintendo keynote was good because they had new stuff to show. That's it. If Microsoft had a new console to show, I'm sure we'd be hearing what a great presence they had.[/QUOTE]

Hey I said they were the best of the three. And they have soul.

The fact you remember the bad moments of the Nintendo conferences seems proof of that.

I don't recall anything of past MS and Sony conferences. They seem to hum at the same acceptably mediocre frequency. Easily forgettable.

[quote name='Wombat']which will lead to honest sites buying games and releasing reviews post game launch. Educated consumers will wait for these reviews causing a dip in sales. In turn PR firms will start sending these outlets early copies again. Until that site writes a bad review, in which case they will not get early games....and then the chicken lays an egg[/QUOTE]

If only there were enough educated consumers to cause a dip in sales. ;)

[quote name='trip1eX']Hey I said they were the best of the three. And they have soul.

The fact you remember the bad moments of the Nintendo conferences seems proof of that.

I don't recall anything of past MS and Sony conferences. They seem to hum at the same acceptably mediocre frequency. Easily forgettable.[/QUOTE]

I'd say 2007 was Microsoft's best one. Although it was literally in the Santa Monica HS theatre, the stage on the pool was very cool, the Halo tribute band from Chicago was awesome, and the videos of CoD 4, ME 1, and Halo 3 blew everyone away. I remember watching the show live on G4 and going to the website for the CoD 4 beta and the site instantly being down from too many hits.

What are the chances that the current xbox/playstation controllers (including guitars and other plastic peripherals) will be usable in the next generation of consoles?

bread's done
Back