CAGcast #261: CheapyD Is Your Homie

[quote name='Viper139']I was on the fence about getting saints row 3, but now I know cheapy has such a awesome roll I've gotta get it! :)[/QUOTE]

This actually has piqued my interest as well(never played the previous iterations), I may pick it up once the price drops.

Wombat: I don't want to spoil it, but someone in Skyrim basically says what you asked for at the end of the episode. I don't want to spoil it for you, but I laughed when you brought it up.

SeanNOLA if you didn't want to spoil it, how come you did? Like, in the very same sentence. "I don't want to spoil it for you, but Darth is Luke's father!"

Holy bejesus, when was the last time all three of you were

a - playing the same game at the same time
b - enjoying the same game at the same time
c - praising the same game at the same time

Awesome show, Skyrim is on my purchase list.

The fact the DLC is actually called the CheapyD pack makes it x100 more amazing, considering the fact on how amazing it is in the first place!

Great show guys, especially the skyrim discussion. Just wanted to tell Cheapy that I too am rocking the Dark Elf Mage and it totally rocks! I'm also working towards pickpocketting so I can steal enemies equipped weapons.

Excellent episode, my favorite part was when Wombat was talking about how scary the Skyrim spiders might be for Tai or Sabrina... you can hear Cheapy in the background say "OH YEAH". I could almost hear him having flashbacks to his Onsen experience with the giant face-sized spider.

Great work guys, I listen every week!

Its very cool that Cheapy's got a bigger part than we all thought. I rented the game, I'd probably buy it for $20 or less. Its fun but the missions get old, its too much "go here and kill tons of guys...then more come...then you're done". I get too distracted in that type of game anyway, I'm always running people down or flying the helicopter to the highest point and jumping out.

I like Wombat and Shipwreck btw, cheapy too of course. I think the shows current cast is great. I dont see why people trash Wombat so much, he's just making jokes. Even if/when the jokes are bad it seems like that IS the joke. I dont like when people take things too seriously and look at their comedy taste as higher level. I dont really want to hear another hipster douche gamer that happens to write gaming news making snarky comments on podcasts. There are plenty of those. I think a big appeal to this podcast is the fact that only Cheapy has made this a career. Ship and Wombat are normal guys who do this because they really enjoy gaming and doing the show. Anyway, this is partly coming from hearing the last show's comments. I've never commented on a show before and just thought I'd get that out there.

I don't think anyone is jumping on this thread, but I feel like you guys dropped the next generation debate too quickly. I know you guys are probably going to get the new consoles anyway, but I think we should have expectations.

I think the reason why the 360 drags so much is because they keep changing the dashboard. The system just wasn't optimized for what the OS has become. I think between all 3 consoles the PS3 kinda wins out on the speediness factor if you factor in everything. The Wii would be the fastest, but it only loads 1 thing at a time.

I think Skyrim is a pretty good game, and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would for a $2, 2 day rental. I still think the autosave function is horrible though, and it probably cost me about an hour of time overall. I can see why people enjoy it but for me I still feel like it lacks something that I can't quite put my finger on for me to fully enjoy it. It's the same way I felt about Oblivion too, even though it was the first 360 game I bought. Not to mention that I had to turn off the console to fix a glitch.

Hey Cheapy,

What happens if the opposing gang shows up with a bunch of spiders? Do you run away and leave our character to kill everyone himself?

Wombat,

This may be from one episode ago but I wanted to commend you on the way you discussed the Eutechnyx pc game. I thought you did a really nice thing by giving a pc game a good amount of time and crediting the developers for their commitment to the game.

I often criticize things you do/say so I felt compelled to give credit where credit was due. I'm sure that if those guys listened to the show they were really pleased with the way you handled it.

I got Halo Anniversary and I was thinking the entire time that the online was going to be a remade version of the HALO:CE multiplayer. Like, back to the classic pistol, classic maps, etc. I was kind of disappointed to see that it's just Halo Reach's MP.

Also, Cheapy, you mentioned last week that you were kind of turned off by BF3 on console becuase the PC version seems so much better, but I wouldn't worry about that so much. Most of the maps are a bit crowded at 64, and none of the rush maps seem built to take near that many people.

Best get while the gettin is good though, I started late and it really is an uphill battle to try and level up when everyone around you is a fully pimped out soldier and your using ironsites on your entry level weapon with no perks.

You can change the options in Skyrim to autosave every 5 minutes? This might save a lot of people some anguish if they knew this, I did not know either.

Have you stopped to think what this CheapyD free DLC homie add-on will do? I wonder how many people will pass it off as fictional like Professor Genki or research it and find this website?

Having an old crush ring you up and admit they made the wrong choice and then having the first DLC to come out for a major game revolve around you, you live a charmed life Cheapy, haha.

I have only put a few hours into Saints Row The Third but I am enjoying the kind of crazy it's putting down, and I hear it only gets crazier. However I am going to wait for the Cheapy D DLC to drop before I play any more, I think Skyrim will hold me over till then;)

Hey Cheapy if you are going to be a Homie any idea on what kind of car you pull up in?

Wombat is great, keep up the jokes you make me laugh all the time. The way Wombat keeps making funny comments and Cheapy just continue to talk acting like he doesn't hear it is just classic. The next saints row better have Wombat in it, we can throw a red headed prostitute in for shipwreck if it really is needed.

[quote name='MikeFightNight']
Hey Cheapy if you are going to be a Homie any idea on what kind of car you pull up in?[/QUOTE]
I requested something that looks like a Nissan GT-R

Cheapy, Ship and Wombat:

In relation to your discussion about going into the past with modern weapons, Darkest of Days, Time Splitters, Final Countdown etc, Warner Brothers just bought the story rights to this:

How Many U.S. Marines Could Bring Down the Roman Empire?

A story in response to the question:

“Could I destroy the entire Roman Empire during the reign of Augustus if I traveled back in time with a modern U.S. Marine infantry battalion or MEU?”

http://www.openculture.com/2011/11/how_many_us_marines_could_bring_down_the_roman_empire.html

The actual posted story:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/k067x/could_i_destroy_the_entire_roman_empire_during/c2giwm4

I predict that MW4 will have time travel... :)

Cheers

I wanted to run Cheapy over. I didn't want him on my side. "You Nintendo hatin' baldie, take that and this, wham, bam, ....then laugh as no cops come to arrest me. Ah sir yes he had it coming. Cue to Miyamoto and Reggie and Iwata in police uniforms letting out an evil 'DS prints money' type of laugh. ;)

Hey Cheapy, thanks for recommending the TOTO Toilet a bunch of CAGCASTS ago. I made a note of it and recently installed one when we redid our bathroom. It's great, and will pay itself off in dumps. Good show fellas.

I'm very curious as to how this Saints Row DLC will be handled.... Will the CheapyD character be the DLC by itself, or with others in a Homie Pack? If he's alone, will media sites run articles actually mentioning Cheapassgamer in referring to who the character is based on? That could be some awesome publicity.
And beside mentioning Wombat, is there any other of your regular phrases sprinkled in? Will you be plugging your website with some ingame dialouge? Or will you be all "jeansnowjeansnowjeansnow"?

I totally agree with Wombat about the map accessibility in Skyrim. They should at least let us remap the controls, because I continuously press the back button because that's such an instinctive place to have it. I look at the map waaaaaaaay more than I ever use the wait function. And what's with the useless zoom in & out feature for the map that hardly does any zooming?

When will we be getting a post-CAGcast spoiler discussion for Skyrim? Is next week soon enough for you all to get to such a point in the game, or do we need to wait until the end of time for Wombat to finish playing?

Speaking of the 'cast... will there be a regular show next week, or just the Friday AM show?

Hey CAGS Great episode! I am going to be picking up Saints Row 3 this coming week and I'm very looking forward to having CheapyD as my homie. I just hope my driving isn't as bad as wombat (Joking Wombat). Shipwreck speaking of food, what I do is I like to make Lazy Burritos in which I take left overs (Spaghetti,mac n cheese, rice whatever) and heat them up wrapping them into a flour tortilla quick n easy. I am going to try to call in if you have a black friday special I called in 2009 asking for the best deal you guys ever had and it turned out to be a good call as well but this time I hope to call in to have a chance to speak to you again and say thanks for the great podcast episodes and to let you know that it makes my Cart Pushing job a lot easier.

Bonus Question: For fun have any of you ever played the Bust A Groove games on PS1? If so did you enjoy them or have any memories of playing them just thought it would be neat to have a segment where you 3 talk about an old title you 3 enjoyed together and remember about picking it up or playing it.

Cheapy, you should update the CAGcast page and the CAGcast Facebook page's "about" section with Shipwreck's info.

Great show as always guys!

[quote name='bboimarc']Seriously thinking of picking up an xbox360 how's the failure rate guys? walmart deal sounds good for black friday?[/QUOTE] As long as you're getting one of the new Xbox 360 S models (the smaller black system), you're fine.

I figured out Cheapy's review problem, which is that he read a Jim Sterling review. If he's the guy that broke your trust in reading a spoiler-free review, then avoid his work and Destructoid as a whole rather than punishing those that did nothing to you.

Any update Cheapy on when that DLC might be out? Beat the game, disappointed with it and plan on trading it in, but if your DLC is coming out soon I'd hold onto it for a little bit.

bread's done
Back