CAGcast #268: Drotally Drawesome

[quote name='saunderscowie']Especially if Cheapy is going to buy the next iMac, more than capable to run games.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? Well, the abysmal game library on the Mac is one thing, the fact that the iMac is a horrible form factor for overclocking and actual gaming is another.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Cheapy, I know this comment is for a CAGCast a couple weeks old but I'm a little behind on listening to the episodes. You mentioned not wanting to put a PC in your living room and was looking into a wireless HDMI transmitter.

I have another suggestion. Build a small format PC. Gaming PC's don't have to be large, or noisy. I built one myself about 4-5 months ago and I've loved it.

Computers based on the microATX or miniITX form factor motherboards can be incredibly small, yet contain the same gaming power as a full-sized PC, because they use the same power supplies, graphics cards, CPUs, etc. It's just the motherboard and case that is smaller than the regular sized ATX ones. They can be made to be incredibly compact (even down to shoebox size) and also can be very quiet with a little forethought in component selection. Whoever ends up building your PC should be able to put together a SFF gaming PC, if they know what they are doing.

I started using SFF PCs about 7 years ago and haven't looked back since. I refuse to own another large mid-tower or full-sized tower PC ever again since I can get the same functionality in a much smaller package.

Anyway, just a suggestion. You could put one of those in your living room and it would end up being very unobtrusive. Even if you still go for the wireless HDMI transmitter, and put the PC in your office, you can still consider using a small form factor PC. Gaming PC's don't have to be loud, bulky, or full of cheesy LED lights. Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Eh, gaming PC's are usually larger than normal PC's because of cooling and how big the parts are. A GTX 560 is like four DS's stacked 2 x 2. Unless you're going to get liquid cooling in that small form factor, it'll get hotter in that small form factor case than a normal one. I recommend the HAF 922, its a big one but its a great case. I assume Cheapy will get top of the line parts, a HAF 932, GTX 580, i5 2500k, 8 gigs of ram, a good motherboard and ...yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spid']So if CheapyD is a C list internet celebrity, and lets say Veronica Belmount is an A list Internet Celebrity what is a B list internet celebrity?[/QUOTE]

They only talk about her tits here.

For that episode I was embarrassed to be a listener and for them.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Apple seems to sell quite a lot of content and they charge money.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Apple and 360 users are two totally different types. Humans yes but apples and oranges.

Hey Cheapy - regarding your enjoyment of and suckage in Battlefield 3, buy a Frag FX Shark controller for your FPS pleasure. Its a PC like mouse controller for your right hand and half a regular controller for your left hand ( kinda like a PS3 move controller with the thumbstick). It will take a few sessions to get used to it, but will definitely improve your play, especially if you've ever played PC shooters.

I got one and am average at Battlefield 3, without it I suck. I was really dominant using it in Battlefield Bad company 2 sniping in hardcore mode, but they've lowered/balanced the effectiveness of snipingin BF3.

Love the show! I got a couple of things:

I'm a bit creeped out that Wombat and Ship both know some much about iCarly. Creepers. I have 2 kids 11 and 9 so I have been subjected to the occasional iCarly ep. I gotta admit the show is pretty funny but since I have kids in that show's demo makes me feel less creepy. Ship also coaches girls b-ball...but I was a bit relieved to hear him say that his niece was on the team (I think) so that's not as creepy I guess.

I love Cheapy's homie in SR3. Cheap, you are definitely living the dream.

I think building/buying a gaming PC is what we all should be doing for this year. The games already look better and the new worthwhile consoles aren't going to be out this year. Also the PC games drop in price so quickly and the fact that Amazon/Steam run incredible deals on downloads is almost reason enough to make the switch.

[quote name='Toss']Hey Cheapy - regarding your enjoyment of and suckage in Battlefield 3, buy a Frag FX Shark controller for your FPS pleasure. [/QUOTE]

I don't use one, but the XIM3 looks to be better since you can use whatever mouse and keyboard you want. http://xim3.com/ Get it directly from there for $150, Amazon charges double ($300)

[quote name='BobTheGamer']I'm gonna have to disagree with Cheapy on The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The show is good at times, but overall I have trouble believing civilization can still be standing when there's a global apocalypse every other weekend. I liked how the different heroes argued with each other and how Iron Man grew to be the leader, but that was far overshadowed by the ridiculous overpowered villains. Overall, I really couldn't get into it.

As for the best cartoon ever? Cheapy, you need to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender with Tai. It's on Netflix![/QUOTE]

I loved the cartoon. It combined some the elements of the comic books history and mashed them into 1 season. The show starts off slow but Graviton vs The Hulk was where the show got EPIC.
[eastereggs]
The mercenary team from the 1987 movie "Predator" makes a cameo in Antman's introduction episode. Did anyone else notice that? :)

I love the CAGcast - so relax - but it is getting a bit stale and has been giving me this feeling of "who cares."

It needs more "what have you been playing" talk. I don't care if its an 'old' game or whatever. I just like game talk. I feel as though you guys think you can only analyze/discuss new releases. fuck that, talk up whatever games you want.

More of that... and less "I gave my kids a bath" talk.

bread's done
Back