CAGcast #276: My Back Hurts and I'm Doing a Podcast

[quote name='Zaku77']Fair enough, but the two or three (outdated might I add) things in that, don't really speak for my 700+ games... Still, a funny bit of irony.

As for Wombat, aren't you a Jew? Why are you having some big issue with someone speaking out against homosexuality due to their religion? I'm not sure if you've read Leviticus anytime recently, but Jews aren't really okay with it either. Do you just pick and choose what parts of your religion to follow?[/QUOTE]

C'mon now. There's not much I don't play on consoles. If you are talking PC, then fine... I don't enjoy gaming on a PC and don't have one, but on consoles... I pretty much play everything. I looked at your Xbox profile and it seems like you really like chasing Achievements which is cool if you're into it. I don't really do that. That said, you've played 140 Xbox games and I've played 473. I'm not saying I've beaten all 473, because I haven't, but I give everything a fair shake.

That's cool, and also to be fair, I did say you were better than Cheapy/Wombat. It's just that when talking about things that Cheapy and Wombat aren't into (ie anything non mainstream) the conversation gets cut short or doesn't happen at all. I suppose the full breadth of your tastes doesn't really get a chance to be conveyed. Don't get me wrong here though, love the Shipwreck

[quote name='SeanAmI']Changing teams because of 1 person is crazy. If you don't like what he's saying give him no attention and ignore him like any other crappy commercial.

Wombat did an ad for Go Daddy. Go Daddy CEO kills elephants and leopards in Africa. Wombat supports that........... ( you can see where that's going, I know you don't)

Wombat believes for some reasons that words and beliefs are more powerful than actual actions. Idiotic speech and beliefs can be ignored and belittled.
There are retarded self-righteous christian fundamentalists on my school campus, I ignore their idiocy and go on about my day.

I find the actions of other Jets who were accused of and committed crimes (and sometimes got away with it because of who they are) more despicable and worthy of hate. Here's a quick list.

Domestic Violence
Assault
Sexual Assault
Aggravated Molestation
Statutory Rape
Felony Assault[/QUOTE]

FOTF was a political ad, very different from a product ad, also we stopped doing GoDaddy Ads after the Elephant incident. I will say we didn't stop because of that, but that didn't hurt our decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']Fair enough, but the two or three (outdated might I add) things in that, don't really speak for my 700+ games... Still, a funny bit of irony.

As for Wombat, aren't you a Jew? Why are you having some big issue with someone speaking out against homosexuality due to their religion? I'm not sure if you've read Leviticus anytime recently, but Jews aren't really okay with it either. Do you just pick and choose what parts of your religion to follow?[/QUOTE]

About the games, I play what I want to play, thats it. I also work 12 hours a day and have two small children. Call me when you build a machine that gives me 6 more hours per day to play that games you like.

Being "against homosexually" is deplorable and if you are, please find a new podcast.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Changing teams because of 1 person is crazy. If you don't like what he's saying give him no attention and ignore him like any other crappy commercial.

Wombat did an ad for Go Daddy. Go Daddy CEO kills elephants and leopards in Africa. Wombat supports that........... ( you can see where that's going, I know you don't)

Wombat believes for some reasons that words and beliefs are more powerful than actual actions. Idiotic speech and beliefs can be ignored and belittled.
There are retarded self-righteous christian fundamentalists on my school campus, I ignore their idiocy and go on about my day.

I find the actions of other Jets who were accused of and committed crimes (and sometimes got away with it because of who they are) more despicable and worthy of hate. Here's a quick list.

Domestic Violence
Assault
Sexual Assault
Aggravated Molestation
Statutory Rape
Felony Assault[/QUOTE]

To backup Wombat's point those of you who know E (the head XBox Live engineer that's been on Major Nelson's podcasts since almost the beginning) disowned his hometown/childhood favorite team the Philadelphia Eagles when they originally signed Michael Vick and pretty much the entire NFL and only watches college football now (he is a big supporter of his alma mater Oregon.)

[quote name='Wombat']About the games, I play what I want to play, thats it. I also work 12 hours a day and have two small children. Call me when you build a machine that gives me 6 more hours per day to play that games you like.

Being "against homosexually" is deplorable and if you are, please find a new podcast.[/QUOTE]

You completely avoided my point, though. Are you not a Jew? I seem to remember you talking about that many a time. Did you decide that you have the authority to pick and choose what parts of your religion you will follow? That seems really damn convenient. Everyone should do that, then no one would have a problem being 'x' religion. You don't like those parts there? NO PROBLEM! Just choose not to follow them. At least that sports dude, forgot his name, sticks to his morals, whether you agree with them or not, and isn't some wishy-washy hypocrite >_>

So because his religion is against it he has to hate homosexuality and people who are homosexual? What?

Idiocy like that is what causes a lot of hate towards other religions/people in the world.

Did I say he was supposed to "hate" it or those that are? Please don't exaggerate and put words in peoples mouths. It really just exacerbates the situation. Idiocy like that causes many a point to be misconstrued. His religion being against it does mean that he should be. He can take that to whatever magnitude his personal convictions push him to. When you choose to be a part of a religion, you're a part of that religion. You don't really get to pick through all the beliefs and just white out the ones you don't like.

Wombat himself is not gay, so what part of his religion is he going against? Is it some part of Judaism where you have to be against everyone else being gay? Going further than that, is he supposed to be against everyone who doesn't share the same religion and beliefs as he does?

He specifically said that he no longer supported that team and that guy because of his anti gay views (to whatever magnitude they are). The guy has those anti gay views because of his religion, Christian in this case. Wombat is a Jew. Jews are just as against homosexuality as Christians are. Do you not see the slight disconnect there?

It's called taking it to extremes and creating hate. That's how I see it.

Also is there a part of Judaism where he's not allowed to like Tim Tebow for being a douchebag?

I know nothing about the dude. If he's a douchebag, then fuck him. Wombat specifically pointed to his anti-gay views, and therefore that is what I am commenting on. This is not meant to be a defense of Mr. Tebow because, like I said, I am not familiar with him. That guy may be the biggest douche in the world, but Wombat's specifically cited issue is still firmly in the hypocrisy camp.

[quote name='Zaku77']I know nothing about the dude. If he's a douchebag, then fuck him. Wombat specifically pointed to his anti-gay views, and therefore that is what I am commenting on. This is not meant to be a defense of Mr. Tebow because, like I said, I am not familiar with him. That guy may be the biggest douche in the world, but Wombat's specifically cited issue is still firmly in the hypocrisy camp.[/QUOTE]

Reformed Judaism, which is my religion, is completely excepting of gay people, so no I am doing anything that is not part of religion.

That's pretty damn convenient. All religions should have a 'reformed' version, for those tough parts that people don't want to follow...

[quote name='Zaku77']That's pretty damn convenient. All religions should have a 'reformed' version, for those tough parts that people don't want to follow...[/QUOTE]

Blame my great-grandparents, there were reformed too. I also enjoy shrimp and bacon.

[quote name='Zaku77']Jews are just as against homosexuality as Christians are.[/QUOTE]

*cough*

SOME Christians are, not all. Be very careful when making sweeping generalizations like that.

[quote name='Zaku77']That was clearly the takeaway from all that. Maybe I need to re-re-explain what we were discussing again? lol[/QUOTE]

If it's more religion stuff, please don't.

[quote name='Axersia']For the record, the language spoken in Sine Mora (which itself is Latin for "Without Delay") is Hungarian and not Japanese or gibberish. Seriously, what is it with you Americans and your inability to distinguish languages?[/QUOTE]

depending on where you live your exposure level to languages other than english can be slim to none. on top of that most people who come to america from other countries tend to " learn the language" so again you dont hear other tongues spoken that often.

i only recently was able to distinguish between diff asian languages because of watching dramas and animes from other countries. without exposure how can you expect anyone to be able to identify languages accurately?

The CagCast consistently has THE worst into and outro music of ANY other gaming focused podcast. Holy hell CheapyD, WTF is up with your music choices?!

I love the listening to you guys but everytime I hear that horrible music Cheapy puts in front of the podcasts, I die a little inside. Please stop killing me...

Wombat's joke about having globes in his pants was awesome. It made me laugh out loud.

Just a side though... I'm curious to know if Wombat and Cheapy are still playing Skyrim. They talk about the game for two weeks and then we never hear about it again. It also seems that Shipwreck is the only one who's playing games. I know ship plays A LOT more than the other guys, but it seems to be worse lately.

[quote name='HungryButcher']Wombat's joke about having globes in his pants was awesome. It made me laugh out loud.

Just a side though... I'm curious to know if Wombat and Cheapy are still playing Skyrim. They talk about the game for two weeks and then we never hear about it again. It also seems that Shipwreck is the only one who's playing games. I know ship plays A LOT more than the other guys, but it seems to be worse lately.[/QUOTE]

From 3/14 (the day I came back from vacation) through today, I have played 26 hours of Mass Effect 3, thats about 2.2 hours a day. That's with a full time job and two small kids. I'd say I am doing just fine.

Hey Cheapy, I appreciate all the Netflix recommendations you've given, especially enjoyed Downtown Abbey. I just watched the first season of an AMC murder mystery you may like called The Killing. Keep the suggestions coming and thanks.

[quote name='Wombat']FOTF isn't a religious group it is a hate group.[/QUOTE]

Wombat, please back up this statement. Is it a hate group just because you say it is?

What does Vayikra say about homosexuality? Are all practicing non-reformed Jews in a hate group? Please answer this yes as this apparently fits your definition of a hate group.

It is a moral stance. This is the same as me saying that a pro-choice or pro-life group is a hate group, it is a moral choice. Some morals we agree on and some we do not.

Just because a group doesn't agree with you it doesn't make them a hate group.

Wombat is not a person, he is a hate group of one.

Also, Reformed Judaism is the most liberal branch of modern Judaism. In an attempt to adapt to the social, cultural, and political situation of the modern world, Reformed Judaism has either abandoned or changed many of the traditional Jewish religious observances.

It is always nice to change the parts of the religion that you don't like or that don't fit with what you want since it is a religion and it is not like they were handed down from a Supreme God or anything, so do what you will with them.

Are you a practicing Reformed Jew? Doesn't sound like it is too hard to practice, just post that you are one on a website forum and your probably good, or just make up whatever the heck you want to do and then do it.

Some people actually believe that the document they have for their faith is FROM GOD and actually means what it says. They don't change it to say what they want it to say. Do you think that Tebow has trouble with "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"?

Wombat, I cringe every time you use the word "consumers". This is a pet peeve of mine because it implies that the customer/seller relationship is one-directional, with the "consumer" consuming a good or service. In fact, there is an interdependency between customer/seller. In it's place, please use the word "customer". This seems like a semantic quibble, but the broader use of "consumer" reflects the now-common disrespect that sellers have for their customers.

Otherwise it was a kick ass show!!! :)

[quote name='deathmetal']The CagCast consistently has THE worst into and outro music of ANY other gaming focused podcast. Holy hell CheapyD, WTF is up with your music choices?!

I love the listening to you guys but everytime I hear that horrible music Cheapy puts in front of the podcasts, I die a little inside. Please stop killing me...[/QUOTE]

I just want to chime in and counteract this statement with my own. I love the music you put up CheapyD. I feel alive when those crunchy grooves start pumping.

Went to the Spicer thing on Saturday - gotta say, the show was a bust. The comedians opening and closing the show were far better than the show itself. Thankfully some folks we sat with snuck in a little whiskey.

I mentioned CheapyD from the crowd at one point and Spicer said "I don't even know what the means." This, brilliantly, after he'd already thanked...you guessed it, CheapAssGamer and "CheapyD."

I'm sure it's been said, but Kic Icarus supports lefties with the Circle Pad Pro.

Also, there are three mech games coming out this year: Hawken, Mechwarrior Online, and some other thing. The mech genre is coming back HARD.

I was excited to see you talk about yakuza dead souls cuz im in the middle of it and it is in the main show notes paragraph and then you just talked about 3 minutes about pingpong and massages... sad face

oh wellz

CheapyD don't sell CAG! you are cag!

[quote name='MSUHitman']And all the good discussion on the previous page of comments gets usurped by religion, sigh.[/QUOTE]

The religion talk is relevant to this show, though. It's also been 'mostly' well thought out, not at all a flame fest, and no one trying to convert anyone. The criticisms levied have been both fair and accurate. I don't think one could ask for a better discussion on the matter.

I was getting caught up on some podcasts I missed from last week and decided to listen to CAGcast while falling asleep (no commentary on show content implied) and then finish listening to tomorrow. However, Cheapy's back pain story compelled me to get up and type this reply...

Cheapy, I am going to guess that you have these "attacks" maybe once or twice a year, and the pain is centered about 1/2 way up your back... I was suffering from something like this with the last one going on for about 2 days on and off (mostly on). I went to the doctor and (almost right away) he determined that I had a gallstone. After an ultrasound they identified that I had a couple of stones and one of them was definitely too large to pass, but my body was sure making every effort. To permanently fix the issue I had to have my gallbladder removed. The last attack I had was extremely painful with waves of intense pain, whereas previous had just been a steady pain that went away after a day or two. Attacks can often be triggered by eating foods with high fat content. It's basically every muscle around, and the gallbladder tensing up to excrete bile and in this case pass the stone. Your body can do this for an extended period of time, sometimes resulting in constant pain which feels like a backache.

Now I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on the internet - however based upon what you described it might be worth checking into.

Good luck figuring it out. Back to bed and my CAGcast lullaby...

[quote name='megma42']It is always nice to change the parts of the religion that you don't like or that don't fit with what you want since it is a religion and it is not like they were handed down from a Supreme God or anything, so do what you will with them.
[/QUOTE]

That's what pretty much 100% of Christians do (and yes that is my religion). Bible says gays are bad! Well, it also says not to eat certain types of animals, to stone adulterous women, etc, etc but all that's conveniently ignored.

I am a lefty.

[quote name='Gman the 3rd']I'm sure it's been said, but Kic Icarus supports lefties with the Circle Pad Pro.

Also, there are three mech games coming out this year: Hawken, Mechwarrior Online, and some other thing. The mech genre is coming back HARD.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm am going to talk out of my ass and assume that control setup means Stylus on left hand like a pen/pencil, (that's good) and circle pad pro is on right for moving around? (that's bad)

I have been using my left hand (Nintendo's D-pad or Arcade joysticks) to move a video game character around since I was 8. Now all of a sudden I have to switch to my right hand to move the character just because my left hand is my writing hand? Ya it still doesn't fit for me. I hope right-handers can see that logic, because it is really frustrating.

I was fine with Wii because I could wave the wii-mote with my left hand or turn it on it's side like a Nintendo controller. But once the Wii games started requiring the Nun-chuck, I basically never turned it on again. I want to play the new Zelda but I'm scared, I want to play it with my Classic Control Pro thank you very much. fuck motion controls even if they are the "best ever" according to reviews. Right-handers: Try swinging that sword-play with your left hand, then we'll see if you call it the best thing ever. I played Twilight Princess on GC (not Wii) and it was perfectly fine with a normal controller and no unnecessary motion control gimmicks.

I do use my right hand for a computer mouse, but I'm not very precise.

Side note about mech games: Why was Trenched renamed to Iron Brigade?

[quote name='Backlash']That's what pretty much 100% of Christians do (and yes that is my religion). Bible says gays are bad! Well, it also says not to eat certain types of animals, to stone adulterous women, etc, etc but all that's conveniently ignored.[/QUOTE]

It could easily be argued, though, that many of those things are a bi-product of its period. Those things are just laws and beliefs of the time. It does, however, say being gay is a sin that puts it into a different category than rules like what you mentioned. It is also worth noting that any laws put forth in the Old Testament are part of the old covenant, and would not have to be adhered to by Christians, as their covenant with God is through Jesus as outlined in the New Testament. I do completely agree, though, that there are a lot of hypocrites in the Christian world.

If wombat no longer likes the jets because they got Tebow, shouldn't he now start liking the bronchos since the got rid of Tebow, and they both seems to actively hate Tebow.

I think wombat is right on the shadowbroker and arrival DLC. If I remember correctly Liaria only became the shadow broker with the help of Shepard and the Normandy. Mass effect is supposed to be the story of your Shepherd so to shoe horn some major events into your characters story that you don't remember( I guess Shepard was just wasted during those mission) and say it's ok because it is cannon violates the main principle that made the first 90% of the series great.

[quote name='Backlash']That's what pretty much 100% of Christians do (and yes that is my religion). Bible says gays are bad! Well, it also says not to eat certain types of animals, to stone adulterous women, etc, etc but all that's conveniently ignored.[/QUOTE]

If you are a Christian then you should believe something different about adulterous women - John 8:7 - When Christ was asked what to do about a woman caught in adultery he said, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

It says to stone them in the Old Testament.

In regard to not eating certain types of animals, read Colossians 2:16-23, 1 Timothy 4:1-5, and Romans 14.

Christ is central to Christianity and did bring a change from the Mosaic Law to being under grace. (Old Testament to New Testament)

Also according to the Bible: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." So, that does mean that ALL Christians are sinners.

If you mean that they are hypocritical or judgmental, I agree that many of them are since they are ALL sinners.

What else do you consider ignored by Christians that is taught in the Bible?

[quote name='Zaku77']It could easily be argued, though, that many of those things are a bi-product of its period. Those things are just laws and beliefs of the time. It does, however, say being gay is a sin that puts it into a different category than rules like what you mentioned. It is also worth noting that any laws put forth in the Old Testament are part of the old covenant, and would not have to be adhered to by Christians, as their covenant with God is through Jesus as outlined in the New Testament. I do completely agree, though, that there are a lot of hypocrites in the Christian world.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'd say disliking someone because of their sexual preference is equally outdated and silly. Gay really is just a sexual preference. So you could compare it to any other sexual preference, like anal sex. Is that any of your business if someone likes doing that? Why should that affect your judgement of them? How about oral sex? Etc, etc.

Great show guys, long time listener of the show and lurker of the forums so I thought I'd drop by and give my two cents. I was wondering if you guys have heard about the EA vs Bank of America poll for worst company in America and I'm interested in what you guys think. Obviously this coincides with the Mass Effect controversy so I guess this question has two parts, What do you think of the poll? And after beating the game/reading about all this backlash, do you think the fact that EA is in the finals is justified? Also real quick the reason the MLG pro controller is wired besides the fact of the cost is because of the HUGE amount of people that play on xboxs/ps3 at the main events if you can imagine it'd take a long time to sync all those controllers and at the same time as well since you're required to bring your own. Great show guys keep up the great work!

I think companies mess with people on purposewhen it comes to christmas gifts. I refuse to believe people cannot be that dumb.

One year my company made a the boss coming down to give us our christmas gifts. We all thought we were getting bonuses. The sum bicthes gave us each a small picture frame with the company logo on it. A cheap on at that. I was like I drove 50 miles for this WTF.

I'll take suda soap so I could wash up after wipeing my azz with the frame. Another time they mailed me a 2.00 starbucks card. I mailed it back. I mean why? Cheap ass bosses.

bread's done
Back