CAGcast #287: Stand and Deliver

I'm not sure if Wombat was just being smarmy or sarcastic, but Star Wars: The Old Republic will be free-to-play in a few weeks up to a certain level. It was announced at the EA press conference at E3.

PrObably both, but I thought they said they were "looking into it" and nothing was confirmed. But I could be wrong.

I just noticed this text at the top of the page. Maybe time for an update?

CAGcast & CAG Foreplay Video Game Podcasts - On the CAGcast, CheapyD (Tokyo) and Wombat (NYC) discuss industry news, game previews and reviews, deals and shopping, life in Japan, and much more! Join married couple "The Shipwrecks" for CAG Foreplay, where they break down the newest releases, find you the best deals, and discuss what they are or aren't playing.

The big penny did make an appearance in the "Almost Got Em" episode of the old Batman: The Animated series.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud and think of Wombat when I saw the giant penny and dinosaur in LEGO Batman 2. To be fair to Cheapy and Shipwreck though, the only reason I'm aware of these things is because I've been reading the comics. I don't think their presence in the batcave is as common of knowledge as you might think.

[quote name='chinoev']Two comments about the show.

1. In further defense of Wombat, the giant coin and dinosaur appeared frequently in Batman the Animated Series and Batman Beyond. The Animated Series even had an episode origin episode for the penny where Batman was tied to it by Two Face. Cheapy may have been too old to watch the Animated Series, but I imagine Shipwreck was at the right age to catch that show in it's heyday.

2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Warriors, Red Cliff, Lu Bu, etc. are all Chinese related. Nobunaga is Japanese.[/QUOTE]

I was going to make a comment about both of these too. They were shown in the Animated Series and even though I wasn't a big fan of Batman Beyond but I remembered the items were also shown. I think the dinosaur attacked Batman in a Beyond episode. I will admit that only Batman fans/readers of the comics would bring this up.

Cheapy should've known that Nobunaga isn't in the Three Kingdoms. But I guess Koei's to blame because they did Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition - both are strategy games.

Edit: someone mentioned about the talk about sim games. Didn't Cheapy mention he was playing an airport sim in a recent show? Talking about sim games and even some real time strategy games almost always come out sounding lame because it doesn't come off sounding like they're any fun.

Cheapy - Community, the NBC comedy had a funny episode about foosball.

Last edited by a moderator:
We solved the problem that Stack Soap pretends to solve long ago. We have multiple solutions to that problem. What is wrong with you people?

I knew about the T-Rex, but not the penny.

Foosball is awesome, and I am definitely interested to see how this game controls. Someone mentioned Community above. Best show ever, man.

That ship simulator sounds awesome.

Wombat laughing as Shipwreck described that the Avengers all had individual balls was a classic Cagcast moment and exactly the reason that your word counts according to game company reps. Regular guys talking about games. If this is the fine banter I can expect in Bullshit Quarterly, I'll pledge to Kickstarter right now.

01:00 Cheapy's desk
09:30 Watch This - "Indie Game: The Movie"
15:30 Show Feedback
15:30 Dragon's Dogma
21:45 How did Wombat and Ship land such a cushy job as the Cagcast?
29:00 New Releases
29:00 Lego Batman II
34:15 Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles
36:30 Steel Battalion Heavy Armor
39:30 Brave
39:45 Magic: The Gathering 2013
40:30 Slapshot
41:45 Tomba
42:15 Pokemon Conquest
43:45 Quantum Conundrum
44:30 Ship Simulators Extreme Collection
52:00 Lollipop Chainsaw
55:45 Saint's Row III addon
60:00 Unemployed Diablo III Guy / DIII Restrictions
64:30 Okami
66:00 Foosball
68:15 Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2
69:00 Hybrid
69:30 Dust: An Elysian Tale
70:00 Deadlight
70:30 Icarly Groovy Foody
71:30 Pocket Planes
75:15 Jump Dudes
76:00 Cagbag
76:00 Life as a new pc gamer
78:30 WoW? Nope.
79:00 MS doc leak / Kinect 2
81:00 Nike something or other
82:15 Japan anti-piracy law

God awful intro music, wow. :(

[quote name='thakingrocka']We solved the problem that Stack Soap pretends to solve long ago. We have multiple solutions to that problem. What is wrong with you people?[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. Maybe because it's because it was a kickstarter project, which is very fashionable at the moment.

I'll continue to take 5 seconds and smush the little sliver into the next bar...

So, I'm listening to this episode, and Shipwreck starts talking about finding the iHealth BP monitor at Target. I'm just a few miles from a Target, so I decide to go out of my way, and see if they have any in stock, as I've been wanting one of these for a while. Unfortunately, they were out of stock. I had a sales associate point me to the clearance end cap where they were located, and they were all gone. So, I go back out to my car, and as I'm leaving, I'm involved in a car accident. Everyone was fine. Not much damage to my car. The other car had to be towed away. Looks like my gaming "fund" will be $250 lower after the deductible.

Nice to hear some love for 50/50 T-shirts.

I threw out all of my 100% cotton tees and went all blend about a year ago. Never looked back :bouncy:

CheapyD, please please PLEASE can we have an episode 300 clip show. I was so dissapointed when we didn't get one for episode 200, as episode 100 is my favourite episode of the CAGcast. I'm sure fans would be happy to share time stamps of there favourite moments since episode 100 and maybe we don't even need the voiceover and just do what Joystiq did with their episode zero using a sound bite in-between clips. Hope you read this.

[quote name='aerotive']I don't get it either. Maybe because it's because it was a kickstarter project, which is very fashionable at the moment.

I'll continue to take 5 seconds and smush the little sliver into the next bar...[/QUOTE]

At 2 dollars a bar, I'll stick with what I currently use and happily just throw out the little extra. Why pay double for that little innovation.

Now that 2/3rds of the CAGcast are officially PC owners how long til Wombat gets a PC?
It took a few months of Cheapy (constantly) pushing the iphone, before Wombat finaly caved. I was pretty sure Cheapy was going to get Wombat an Apple TV for his birthday.

[quote name='carbogo']Now that 2/3rds of the CAGcast are officially PC owners how long til Wombat gets a PC?
It took a few months of Cheapy (constantly) pushing the iphone, before Wombat finaly caved. I was pretty sure Cheapy was going to get Wombat an Apple TV for his birthday.[/QUOTE]

Wombat needed a phone, and I don't think it would of cost him extra to get one but with two kids I doubt a Gaming PC is a priority, but I do imagine he'll need a new computer at some point as I think he's still uses his navy funded Macbook from 2008. Cheapy should buy him a new one ;)

I hope the Stack Soap guy does well, 'cause why not? But how many of you still use bar soap?? Where's the love for the body wash? I need an invention that gets the last bit of the body wash bottle out-- that's a moneymaker.

[quote name='SoxFan13']I hope the Stack Soap guy does well, 'cause why not? But how many of you still use bar soap?? Where's the love for the body wash? I need an invention that gets the last bit of the body wash bottle out-- that's a moneymaker.[/QUOTE]
You mean gravity? If you want every last bit, depending on the bottle's shape, take the lids off of the old and new bottle and put the mouth of the old bottle on top of the new bottle. Leave it all day or over night and everything should be in the new bottle. Gravity is free, so use it to your advantage.

Wombat your actually right that you can get a PC laptop comparable to a $1000 mac for around $400. If you are looking for a new PC for your wife some sames clubs are having a sale on the HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop Intel Core i7-2630QM, 1.5TB, 17.3 with Blu-ray ROM for $450. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod3750897if you choose a club and it shows a price then it is in stock otherwise if it shows "Please Select Other Club to view price" the location you choose was out of stock.

If the standing desk is for health purposes why does it have an electric motor? Wouldn't raising and lowering the table manually burn a few extra calories? Seems like it could at least work like an office chair with a hydraulic lift and it would make the desk cheaper too.

[quote name='SoxFan13']I hope the Stack Soap guy does well, 'cause why not? But how many of you still use bar soap?? Where's the love for the body wash? I need an invention that gets the last bit of the body wash bottle out-- that's a moneymaker.[/QUOTE]

I always feel like I need to use more body wash to get my entire body soaped up. So I'll stick with the bar soap.

That or I can lose weight...but meh to that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You mean gravity? If you want every last bit, depending on the bottle's shape, take the lids off of the old and new bottle and put the mouth of the old bottle on top of the new bottle. Leave it all day or over night and everything should be in the new bottle. Gravity is free, so use it to your advantage.[/QUOTE]

This

This is the first cagcast I've listened to entirely. I'm not sure of all the details you were talking about when discussing changing the show for the corporate peeps, but I can honestly say I downloaded one previous episode a long time ago and Cheapy D started talking about farting...I deleted it right on the spot; hadn't heard another episode until yesterday...you can thank the podcast app for that.

bread's done
Back