CAGcast #290: Dyad, Ouya and More 4 Letter Words

While I can agree with Wombat's opinion on the Wii-U, don't forget you guys also said the Kinect would never sell. It's a valid claim to make that the Wii-U probably won't sell as well as the Wii, it doesn't mean it won't sell well period.

I was a big fan of Heavy Rain but I can understand the public's apprehension about paying $60 for what was essentially a point-and-click adventure game like Walking Dead. Maybe as an episodic download HR would have worked better?

Wombat, your "what are your reading?" question to Shipwreck made up for anything offensive you might have said.

[quote name='metallicoholic']

I was a big fan of Heavy Rain but I can understand the public's apprehension about paying $60 for what was essentially a point-and-click adventure game like Walking Dead. Maybe as an episodic download HR would have worked better? [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how many people would have continued to bought Heavy Rain episodes after the one that made them walk around for five minutes pressing X to say "Jason".

[quote name='metallicoholic']don't forget you guys also said the Kinect would never sell. It's a [/QUOTE]Pretty sure we just said it would suck. You spend $500m and you can sell pretty much anything.

[quote name='CheapyD']Pretty sure we just said it would suck. You spend $500m and you can sell pretty much anything.[/QUOTE]You still need to play Happy Action Theater with Tai. Kids playing that Kinect game is pure joy.

I agree with Cheapy that a Rocksteady Silver Age Batman is not what I want at all. The only people who like that era are 50 year old man with nostalgia for their youth. No 15-25 year kid is going to want to play this: http://youtu.be/-hko6wHqlHQ

Also, the rumor I read wasn't that it was going to be Silver Age but that it was going to open up more of the DC Universe. Like some cameos from the Justice League. Batman fighting a Poison Ivy controlled Superman would be something right out of the comic and a lot of fun to play. Giving a commands to Flash or Green Lantern waiting for your signal would be cool. That sort of thing.

[quote name='banodyne']You still need to play Happy Action Theater with Tai. Kids playing that Kinect game is pure joy.[/QUOTE]

It's too much of a pain in the ass in my apartment as it just doesn't seem to work. I don't think there is quite enough room between my couch and the TV.

Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents on the Ouya... since you all said you don't get why it's a big deal.

Firstly, I'm not going to overhype the Ouya, there is enough of that out there. I'm just saying why I decided to throw down my cash on the kickstarter:

You guys seemed to hint that they could, essentially, run off with the money. Kickstarter has earned a rep for that recently, but given all the big names in the industry supporting the Ouya, I highly doubt this is a willful scam (though Wombat is right that it doesn't exist until it does)

Personally, I'm not expecting it to be the next big console. I plan to buy whatever Microsoft and Sony have coming next to fill that roll. I'm interested in what the Ouya CAN do, theoretically. Essentially, I'm paying for hope. Many are already talking about modding its hardware, or even going so far as creating emulators and roms to run on the Ouya. Any console where so many options exist allows users to customize their own console how they wish.

So yes, I'm paying for the hope of what it may be. But I also figure that the Ouya is either going to live up to that hope, and truly be worth the cost, or its going to just be an interesting piece in the history of video games, and either way, that's worth $99 to me... (and no, I do not want to buy your virtual boy for $99)

Thanks all, love the Cagcast

[quote name='Ed_']Agreed. CheapyD saying he would feel greedy by asking for money from us is funny. We basically give you money for every sale that goes through your affiliate links, then there are the ads you have on here, too.

Oh and Wombat, you are easily the worthless ass of the group. You have a "fuck 'em" attitude towards your listeners and your latest "joke" about autism was low and pathetic, even for you.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both parts - this "Who, me?" bit Cheapy pulls is far past annoying. Anyone with half a brain knows that he makes serious coin from this site. That's the reason the site is here in the first place, to make money. Period. All of the ass-kissing sycophants that fall all over themselves endlessly thanking Cheapy for the "community" he's built can get bent. New flash - it's for the money, morons. Cheapy cares about one part of each and every one of you - the right or left index finger that clicks the mouse.

And Wombat, congratulations. You have descended from "No-talent Super-annoying Hack" to "All-out Detestable Jerkass" with your little autism "joke". And shame on you other two for going along with it. Perhaps someone ought to explain to Stewart that it's not such a good idea to make light of what can be a heartbreaking and life-crippling disorder. Maybe someone will explain it to him in person.

This early listener bias for Dyad codes is unacceptable. You finally give something away I want...

I think Ouya could be a great Apple TV/Boxee/Roku replacement. If I can play some emulated NES games, hey whatever. For $99 that fits in good with the Rokus, which are what, $70?

I found the autism joke funny Wombat. Im not an uptight prick who gets bent out of shape who then, more than likely, turns around and makes jokes on similar things.

I know Cheapy will laugh but I'm going to ask that he make the CAGapp for Windows Phone. As the new mobile platform they're very aggressive and bend over backwards to help developers and promote new apps: App Hub.

Tried Wizorb on Shipwrecks recommendation.Didn't like it,but I didn't hate it.It was just okay.I will disregard Shipwrecks' opinion in the future.

[quote name='Don Chubo']Agreed on both parts - this "Who, me?" bit Cheapy pulls is far past annoying. Anyone with half a brain knows that he makes serious coin from this site. That's the reason the site is here in the first place, to make money. Period. All of the ass-kissing sycophants that fall all over themselves endlessly thanking Cheapy for the "community" he's built can get bent. New flash - it's for the money, morons. Cheapy cares about one part of each and every one of you - the right or left index finger that clicks the mouse.

And Wombat, congratulations. You have descended from "No-talent Super-annoying Hack" to "All-out Detestable Jerkass" with your little autism "joke". And shame on you other two for going along with it. Perhaps someone ought to explain to Stewart that it's not such a good idea to make light of what can be a heartbreaking and life-crippling disorder. Maybe someone will explain it to him in person.[/QUOTE]

What an angry little man you are, from your bitter and hateful post, to your huge and embarrassing signature that looks like it was ripped straight from some god-awful Tea Party message board.

Do us all a favor and fuck off.

Actually, it was ripped straight from this message board.

If you want to angrily call me angry any further, feel free to PM me. We don't need to clutter up this thread by not specifically referring to the content of the CAGcast (like I was doing).

Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hast']

I'd say it's somewhere between an Xbox 1 and 360 in graphics. But this is with games which are not really high budget. It wouldn't surprise me that if someone say down to actually push the platform they could do some pretty impressive stuff on it.
[/QUOTE]
From what I've heard the Nvidia Tegra 3 runs at around 8-12 Gflops, The original xbox ran at about 20 gflops and the 360 at around 100.
Theirs is more to graphics than just the pure number of Gflops, I'm sure has the Tegra 3 is more efficient and has all sorts of features that the chips in older consoles lack, but without a proper GPU I would expect performance much closer to the original xbox.

I think the thing about ' Ouya' is that it will be open source. I overheard some coworkers talking about all of the MAME, vcoleco, Stella, NDS, N64 games they hope show up on it.

Cheapy mentioned 3ds sales vs ds sales. I believe the 3DS sold twice as many units in its first year as the DS sold in its first year.

Looking at wikipedia it look like it took the DS 16 to sell 5 million in the U.S about the same amount of time as the 3ds, but in that time period the DS had gone through 2 holiday seasons as compared to only one for the 3ds.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='itachiitachi']Cheapy mentioned 3ds sales vs ds sales. I believe the 3DS sold twice as many units in its first year as the DS sold in its first year.

Looking at wikipedia it look like it took the DS 16 to sell 5 million in the U.S about the same amount of time as the 3ds, but in that time period the DS had gone through 2 holiday seasons as compared to only one for the 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking when he said that that the DS actually didn't get off to a great start. I remember a lot of people complaining that it didn't have any good games for a long time. In fact, the 3DS probably had a way better first year in terms of game releases than the original DS did. Everyone looks at how great it sold later in it's life cycle and forgets that it struggled at the beginning with its new-fangled touch screen "gimmick" ;). Now, I wouldn't necessarily expect the 3DS to go on to match the total sales of the DS as the DS really took off when the Lite was introduced. But still, it seems to be doing pretty well for itself.

So, let me get this straight. The Ouya is stupid and Cheapy and Shipwreck have no idea who would be interested in it? But months ago these guys were jizzing in their pants at the thought of Apple doing the same thing. Interesting.

bread's done
Back