CAGcast #331: Pacific RAM

I just have to know how Shipwreck ended up at Memphis. Are you originally from Tn? I always thought Ship was born and raised in OH. Memphis seems like an odd place to go when there so many other options for schools between Ohio and Tn.
Memphis gave me a full academic ride and the opportunity to run on their track and cross country teams. I also wanted to go away from home for school.

So Wombat said something along the lines that Fallout New Vegas was lacking something (I think he used spirit, so that's the word I'll use in the rest of the post) that Fallout 3 had. I would say that is an astute but slightly flawed observation. I've been a fan of the Fallout series since the first game and I would argue that Fallout 3 was actually lacking the spirit of Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 3 was a good game, I think it did well with the conversion in the game play but something about the world was lacking the spirit that really pulled me into the first two Fallout games. I believe that the guys at Obsidian did a great job in bringing that spirit back to the series with New Vegas and that is why I continue to sink hours into New Vegas while Fallout 3 just collects dust on my shelf.

That said, still like the podcast, I just wish the new site didn't look worse than the old one.

So Wombat said something along the lines that Fallout New Vegas was lacking something (I think he used spirit, so that's the word I'll use in the rest of the post) that Fallout 3 had. I would say that is an astute but slightly flawed observation. I've been a fan of the Fallout series since the first game and I would argue that Fallout 3 was actually lacking the spirit of Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 3 was a good game, I think it did well with the conversion in the game play but something about the world was lacking the spirit that really pulled me into the first two Fallout games. I believe that the guys at Obsidian did a great job in bringing that spirit back to the series with New Vegas and that is why I continue to sink hours into New Vegas while Fallout 3 just collects dust on my shelf.

That said, still like the podcast, I just wish the new site didn't look worse than the old one.
Yeah, I found that comment a bit funny as well, seeing as Obsidian was originally Black Isle Studios, the people that made Fallout 2 and the almost-completed but canceled original Fallout 3. Now, personally, I like Fallout 3 just as much as New Vegas, but I see your point. Fallout 3 takes place in a completely new area to the universe, whereas New Vegas is in the general area of all the other Fallout games. I haven't played the original games (yet), but just by extensive reading of the wiki, I can see that New Vegas is a lot closer at heart to the originals than Fallout 3 is.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back