CAGcast #342: is Not PS4 Compatible

I can stream my music and videos on the Xbox.........I always have been able to do this. It's actually a vital thing to be able to do in my house.

Yes the stream at home is different than the live event so my comparison is only based on that but it still looks fine to me..........thats the point. Not all of us are freaking out over a launch game on a new console looking perfect.

What did Sony mislead the public about? Look at the last 2 console launches and then come back here to ask. Killzone video....HA

The last point, I see some journalists giving serious concerns because Sony refuses to show their console openly and its raising red flags. To me, I see both consoles having issues from the start and in the end, they will be virtually identical in most ways so why have biggest cock contests anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
as someone that been listening to the podcast for many years and dont really comment too much.

I really wish you guys would take a step back from the "console war".  really is taking away the show.   

i see cheapyd now is going on other podcast to play the xbox fan role alot like luke smith did on on 1upyours.  this just add fuel to the fire.    

we have new console coming in 2 weeks and instead of being excited about next gen it like we are in a war.

still love the show! congrats on the baby shipwreck and glad you enjoy my hometown of charleston!

I would say Microsoft wants to solve the same issue the Apple TV wanted to solve.  I think Apple TV as a whole is non-starter in terms of the convergence living room device.  The 360 is more successful in terms of solving that issue than the Apple TV.  I agree with the spirit of what Shipwreck said.  I think Microsoft has a broader more consistent of vision of where they see the next generation going.  Sony has made a prettier version of the PS3. 

There is no war among most people......The trolls are very loud and obnoxious though. I will support both consoles but for people that buy the Xbox on day one, they get attacked by those trolls for supporting Microsoft..........oh well, at least I will be playing Forza 5

There is no war among most people......The trolls are very loud and obnoxious though. I will support both consoles but for people that buy the Xbox on day one, they get attacked by those trolls for supporting Microsoft..........oh well, at least I will be playing Forza 5
Apparently you don't remember the flack Sony has gotten for numerous things. You are acting like people ONLY pick on MS. I make fun of all the systems when they deserve it (Xbox One before the policy changes).

I'm talking about this launch.....not the past.

You are right though as Sony has gotten their share and rightfully so. 

The last point, I see some journalists giving serious concerns because Sony refuses to show their console openly and its raising red flags. To me, I see both consoles having issues from the start and in the end, they will be virtually identical in most ways so why have biggest cock contests anyway?
Yes, Sony needs to deceive people to the last second because in your reality people are stuck with their purchase and returns and refunds don't exist.

And these consoles are not virtually identical, one has faster RAM, faster GPU, easier to develop on thanks to technologies like hUMA leveraging GPGPU, and on November 13th the CPU is going to be revealed at an AMD event and it's rumored to be clocked at 2ghz which also means it has the faster CPU. The PS4 outclasses the bone in almost every way, is $100 cheaper, and also has a stable of first and second party devs unmatched by anyone, yes even Nintendo. So Xbot keep lying to yourself so you can justify spending an extra $100 for a weak sauce machine and buying in to a company that hasn't put gaming as it's priority since 2009.

MS has been misleading so far this generation from the start with "infinite cloud power" to imply servers will add a big graphical boost.

Even their damage control from top guys working on the Xbox One like Albert Penello spreading bogus numbers to message boards. I find that so dishonest, and now the latest is Greenberg after someone tells him that 1080p is better than 720p.  What does Greenberg reply? "You realize you will see every game in 1080p as your output right?" Such a weak and dishonest counter to imply it's all going to be 1080p anyway.

Yes, Sony needs to deceive people to the last second because in your reality people are stuck with their purchase and returns and refunds don't exist.

And these consoles are not virtually identical, one has faster RAM, faster GPU, easier to develop on thanks to technologies like hUMA leveraging GPGPU, and on November 13th the CPU is going to be revealed at an AMD even and it's rumored to be clocked at 2ghz which also means it has the faster CPU. The PS4 outclasses the bone in almost every way, is $100 cheaper, and also has a stable of first and second party devs unmatched by anyone, yes even Nintendo. So Xbot keep lying to yourself so you can justify spending an extra $100 for a weak sauce machine and buying in to a company that hasn't put gaming as it's priority since 2009.
you try to sound smart....yet I somehow have this feeling that you are not.

I've seen enough consoles to know the most powerful one doesnt mean the best one. I don't expect people that just bash the Xbox to understand but whatever.

It was cute at first, now its just annoying, I hope you people are going to be all over the PS4 online servers so I know not to go there.

What did Sony mislead the public about? Look at the last 2 console launches and then come back here to ask. Killzone video....HA
So your argument about them misleading the public on the PS4 is a video from 10 years ago.

You try to sound smart...yet I somehow have this feeling that you are not.

[SIZE=medium]I actually appreciate that the podcast does address the systems wars issue.  It’s probably what I’ll remember most from this launch period.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I suppose some level of trolling is par for the course for console launches.  The problem with this launch is that there is a cultish air about even the most trivial subjects.  The most common, run-of-the-mill comments are attacked and vilified.  You have to wade through so much vitriol just to get basic information.  There's no joy in the whole thing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I have the feeling of being stalked by these NeoAspergers guys.  And I rarely post on any forums.  For journalists or anyone else who deals with this stuff every day, it has to be unbearable.  They seem to go on internet patrol to challenge each and every positive comment on Xbox One.  Whether it’s Kinect or “snapping” or the number of “P’s” or color of the box or even the moral character of Microsoft employees, they seem compelled to accuse and harass.  I'm not even sure how "snapping" works but I've been assured by people who won't buy an Xbox that it doesn't work AND it sucks.  They’ve deified anyone with any connection to Sony.  The PS4 power supply is portrayed as a "clear advantage" and people are willing to fight in its defense.  It’s comical but creepy as hell.  I have never seen anything like it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I ran into the problem myself on NeoGaf.  I was a member since probably 2005-6.  I rarely posted there (maybe 3-4 times a year) since the people there tend to be…dysfunctional.  I typically went there around E3 or when there was a big announcement since they would have current information.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]But this year I just made a simple comment that I was “more interested” in Microsoft’s launch lineup.  I'm not even sure why I said it since no one could possibly care what I think.  You would think I had committed heresy.   I had seen some other posters attacked for seemingly harmless comments, but I thought that there may have been some ongoing grudges or rivalries between individuals.  But within minutes there were dozens of attacks on me.  I was a shill, an "astroturfer," a mole Microsoft marketer.  The moderator agreed with them based on my infrequent posting history and the implausibility of my opinion.  So I was “banned.”  Like my 3-4 yearly posts threatened the fabric of the internet.   Then they had a mini celebration for “detective GAF” outing my true identity.  It was like walking into a circle-jerk and feeling like I was the weird one for not participating.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’m a middle-aged man.  I work at a bank.  My true identity is pretty damn boring.  I’ve never had the remotest connection to Microsoft or any employees, affiliates or anything else.  Yet somehow, I’m part of the problem and need to be silenced.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It truly is a singular experience to have man-children attempt to bully me over a videogame console.[/SIZE]

I cant talk about the past in regards to a company and the now regarding this console launch? 

Oh I see, I have to play the fanboy game. Go ahead and attack boys, its ok. I won't bother fanning the flames anymore as it just spreads the spores of the fanboy cult all over.

Now I'm going to kill myself over the 720P on the Xbox as I can't live with this shame anymore. It's a shame you cant buy and support both consoles like adults anymore. It makes me happy that 80% of my game purchases are on the PC now.

Great Cagcast guys.

Hopefully Cheapy sees this... the guy who called him a moron on the 8-4 Play thread on GAF got banned.  And it seems like it was because of that unwarranted personal attack based on his post history.

Hopefully Cheapy sees this... the guy who called him a moron on the 8-4 Play thread on GAF got banned. And it seems like it was because of that unwarranted personal attack based on his post history.

Cheapy tweeted about it.

I find it amazing that most people sill give Sony a pass for overselling the features on their console....AGAIN......and attack Microsoft for essentially doing the same thing when it comes down to it.

Sony misleads the public on how much the PS4 can do, then pulls the rug out from everyone while Microsoft gets attacked for being anti-consumer and then actually gives people what they want and still are regarded as being evil.

It's perfectly fine to call out a company for doing said things, but at least give credible examples. You say they are misleading about the PS4, then don't give an example. When pushed, you still don't. Not to say everything is going to come up perfectly for Sony, but don't make bogus claims that you aren't able to back up.

It was cute at first, now its just annoying, I hope you people are going to be all over the PS4 online servers so I know not to go there.
Which, this made me laugh too. You find it annoying people ragging on Microsoft for things done this year, but only after bringing up a 10 year old example about Sony. Perhaps you should bring up giant enemy crabs, the $600 price point, and the boomerang controller about why the PS4 is exaggerated.

Hi gentlemen.. And Cheapy..

The 360 and PS3 evolved over the years to roll along with the technology. HDMI, bigger hard drives, network connectivity, media streaming, etc.. What evolutions do you think the new generation will be? I wonder if 4K will really take off. Game streaming? Will it become a standard way to game? Static hard drives? Will that lead to changes in gaming resulting in amazing graphics which require no real load times?

Wha choo think?

-V-

bread's done
Back