CAGcast #345: Xbox One of Us Doesn’t Have A PS4

Wombat nailed the appeal of the Xbox One marketing strategy.  As a 30 something who will soon be in the 40 something generation the Xbox One checks all the boxes I am looking for in a console.  All they need is an integrated app strategy for the One to bring everything together for me. 

About the Xbox One's resolution I think there is also the possibility Microsoft got behind with the SDK's which lead to some games not being 1080p at launch.  Arthur over at Polygon seemed to be saying that was part of the problem a few weeks ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
so which console has the worse launch problems. sony with the blue light or msoft with the disc grinding....
I think the hardware issues have been pretty minimal on both sides considering the staggering number of consoles sold. Neither console has cracked even a 1% defective rate. I'm more curious to see which company is quicker to update their software to improve the user experience/fix bugs. Considering all of the unique features of Xbone (Kinect, TV control, Skype, ect) that need to be optimized, I think Microsoft might be at disadvantage.

bread's done
Back