CAGcast #352: Nothing Like Tony Hawk

Cheapy, the whole trademarking thing isn't new to stupidity. I believe Blizzard also tried to pull this kinda garbage back when the first fast and furious movie came out. From what I recall, they were going to call that movie El Diablo or something and Blizzard actually served them a cease and desist because they thought it would confuse people with their games. The generic spanish word for "devil" was being controlled by Blizzard. I tried to search for this and couldn't find it but I'm sure others will find it within seconds lol.

Edit: A Man Apart is actually the movie, not fast and fast and furious sorry (thanks guardian_owl)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy, the whole trademarking thing isn't new to stupidity. I believe Blizzard also tried to pull this kinda garbage back when the first fast and furious movie came out. From what I recall, they were going to call that movie El Diablo or something and Blizzard actually served them a cease and desist because they thought it would confuse people with their games. The generic spanish word for "devil" was being controlled by Blizzard. I tried to search for this and couldn't find it but I'm sure others will find it within seconds lol.
A Man Apart is the movie you are thinking of.

Oh, in reference to the MS drama nonsense. You know if was Sony doing this promotion the internet wouldn't be a buzz with this bullshit. Instead you'd see the forums lighting up with 'Look, Sony loves us SO much they're offering me money to make videos for Playstation. Microsoft would never do that, they're too greedy!' Ugh. The internet is a miserable place for Xbox fans.
It's a miserable place for people with persecution complexes.

I'd love to be considered for a Max code, too!

Wombat, I'm loving Powerstar Golf, which I picked up a couple days ago. Especially fun to see my friends' scores and lies (including yours!), beat them for extra XP, etc. Kicking myself for not picking the game up earlier, although I guess there was just a new patch a couple days ago that increased payouts (and the game was on sale until yesterday for $15), so there's that!

Also, I haven't owned a Nerf gun since I was like 6. Cracks me up thinking of Cheapy playing it in Japan with a bunch of kids.

Xbox One has announced/has several exclusive games so I don't understand your point. Maybe you mean no exclusives that interest you?

Halo, Gears, Quantum Break, Kinect Sports, D4, Sunset Overdrive are all upcoming off the top of my head.

The WiiU is beyond saving.
Ah yeah Quantum Break looked good.

But i'm still seeing a WiiU turn around once they get Smashbros out.

Iwata should be fired if this is accurate: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98875425

They can't be doubling down on what got them into this mess. Everyone of their ads up till now has featured families and children. They need to be going after the teens and 20-30 somethings with $300-350 device. If they wanted to target families they had to release without the gimmicky controller which would have allowed them to more easily cut costs to $200-250.

They need more titles to appeal to "everyone". Smashbros is one of those kind of titles. I'm not saying hardcore, but at least appealing to adults in the way that it is competitive and can have a little bit of depth to it. The majority of games released were already geared towards families and children.

Someone has to Nintendo Direct him to the exit and whoever replaces him needs to put a focus on high quality titles being released more rapidly with better online services like a subscription to older games and Online Multiplayer. Crossplay between WiiU and 3DS would also help them entice more to buy either.

I'm indifferent to the new health device they're making. It'll be good for fatties, but i'm healthy so I dont see myself ever touching it. I'm glad at least they're not queing up a replacement for the WiiU this early and i'm glad they're going to shove all the gimmicky stuff into its own thing. This way they can actually see what makes money between their innovative or gimmicky stuff and their games for gamers. So it's not all bad news.

Perhaps you were right about the WiiU if they aren't going to focus on the basics of getting solid games out for everyone. I'm still happy with my WiiU but my god they are idiots. Jeebus just announce a new Nintendo Zelda, Metroid, release dates for the big games coming up and watch the money roll in already.

How are you ever going to grow the site if you aren't willing to baselessly throw dirt in a bombastic manor towards huge faceless corporations?  Just say screw your integrity and schill for whatever story these people are pitching so long as they mention your site in their article!!  Do it for the community.  =]

also that Max code would be sweeeet

I just got my new red router on Tuesday!
The other thing you should do (if it hasn't been mentioned already), is not connect your internet via that COAX line. Inside the Verizon Box on the outside of your house is an RJ-45 network jack. They should run that into your house and connect it to your router. You can do it yourself and have them activate it if you're comfortable running the wire, or you can just pay them i'm sure. That will give you the optimal connection rather than going through the TV COAX.

Actually iwata is okay. i do like how they're not doing cheap games on cellphones and props for not screwing with the developers with executives taking paycuts since they were the ones at fault. But he really needs to give it a rest on the damn kids stuff and just show me the games. I thought we were past this nonsense.

Now that Nintendo’s CEO Satoru Iwata said his plan is to create a third platform (along with Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) do you think he needs to be fired?

I do listen to the show and been listening for over a year. Plus I think Shipwreck should boy-cut someone. When scandals like this blow up on internet ppl always looking to boy-cut someone even if they are just saying that they will :)

Please put me in for the copy of Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.

I would avoid putting the cable router after a splitter if you can. That drop in db can mess up you internet performance. (50/25 wow you must have a Fios solution that must be awesome.)

For wifi use Netstumbler on your pc to see what frequency you should be using. It will show that all your neighbors are on the same frequency as you messing up your wifi. www.netstumbler.com

I want Max the curse of brotherhood for Xbox One code! :)

So the Wii Fusion being a new console a year late. Which needs a tablet gamepad from Wii U that is as powerful as an Xbox One or PS4 and includes the Power PC chip for backwards compatible to the Wii U. What is this thing going to cost? $500? $600? Also releasing a year after Sony and Microsoft. I really think Nintendo may be out of ideas. The fusion could sell if it's going to be less than $400 but then Nintendo must take a loss on the console.

Interested in the Max code (probably too late?)

Definitely gonna check out Oliolioli when it gets a bit cheaper. Really like how Sony has been supporting the indie games pretty hard. Being able to cross buy and play on Vita is super enticing. 

Also, kind of funny Cheapy was talking about Nerf guns. Over Christmas I kept looking at the Nerf Zombie guns and thinking how cool they were. Ended up not getting any, but I can definitely see the appeal. 

bread's done
Back