CAGcast #359: Prepare for Wingfall

I've seen the video that the intro/outro is from. It was funny to hear it here of all places.

Wombat, I've agreed with your Titanfall opinions about it not lasting thus far, but after hearing you talk about it, I must say that it definitely sounds like it's just not a game for you. Those people who sent you messages are no doubt assholes, but I too would be wondering what the hell is wrong with you if I saw you running around in the corner of the map, trying to jump on crates. Competitive MP games are never meant to have any kind of exploration.

I think he was referencing Cheapy's awful joke at the beginning of the podcast.
Clearly was a reference to episode #79 where wombat told cheapy "you don't have to listen to it" referring to his own voice.... or I was just being defensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the video that the intro/outro is from. It was funny to hear it here of all places.

Wombat, I've agreed with your Titanfall opinions about it not lasting thus far, but after hearing you talk about it, I must say that it definitely sounds like it's just not a game for you. Those people who sent you messages are no doubt assholes, but I too would be wondering what the hell is wrong with you if I saw you running around in the corner of the map, trying to jump on crates. Competitive MP games are never meant to have any kind of exploration.
Don't confuse my thoughts on the game with how I play the game.

Some tips for Wombat or anyone really playing Titanfall.  There is no friendly fire so you might as well shoot first and ask questions later.  I prefer the SMG, but Cheapy's advice of always keep moving is solid.  There is a perk you get early on that will allow you to speed up your cloak recharge.  If you like hard point switch to the satchel when you unlock it instead of normal grenades.  They manually controlled mines are great for guarding areas.  

If you hold the left trigger while you on the wall you will be able to stick on the wall like Spider-man.  Most people are still not used to looking up so you can get some easy kills.  Lastly once you get your titan stay away from other Titans go after the grunts and the specters.  You can rack up points to benefit the team.  Once you get the hang of wall running I think Titanfall is shooter that rewards exploration.    

1. Oculus Rift Dev Kit 2 does use a camera and does measure depth the same way Morpheus does. It even ships with a camera.

2. MGS V GZ isn't a 90-minute play-once game that would be better served by a CGI film. 

3. You guys need to add a fourth cast member who, in addition to perhaps serving as a research assistant, actually still gets excited about games. The cynicism on the CAGCast is out of hand these days. 

forget video games. i need to know more about that sweet potato ala mode that was in the twitter feed. that looked really good. was there anything on the sweet potato other than the ice cream?

i make alot of my own mango smoothies

The banter this episode made for a delightful listen!  I cracked up a couple times during the vacation story.  Big ups to Wombat's Secret St. Patrick's Santa.  I hope he and his lady are doing well.  Having said that, in response to Wombat's rhetorical "[Titanfall] is not perfect, but... y'know, really, what game is?"

Mega Man X Command Mission.  *drops mic*

Wombat living the good life! Jamaica trip and a new console to come home to. Big props to the guy who gifted that and hope your wife is well.

In sales news, Infamous is doing well right now in the UK. Number 1 game on the charts.  :)

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1833&s=1111

Good episode.

For the first time in a long time in listening to the show, I feel like I've gotta give some negative feedback. Y'know... outside of biting my lip every time someone mispronounces Mario (seriously, he says his own name in the games, how are you still terrible at this?). But holy shit, Wombat, stop talking about Titanfall. 10 minutes without seeing a person? This game is not for you. First you bitch that it's not single player, and now you're bitching because you feel alone? By Crom, what are you doing where you're playing this game and not seeing someone every 10 seconds? Just stop. You're cut off. I cut you off. No more Titanfall for you.

Love you guys.

Wombat living the good life! Jamaica trip and a new console to come home to. Big props to the guy who gifted that and hope your wife is well.

In sales news, Infamous is doing well right now in the UK. Number 1 game on the charts. :)

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1833&s=1111
No one cares about Infamous, Ryse looks better than Infamous, Ryse is a great game...

Shipwreck is hilarious. And so predictable.

When you talk out your ass like you did about Ground Zeroes this week and Sony exclusives a month ago you can safely predict there will be more people than just me who notice and comment on it.

When you talk out your ass like you did about Ground Zeroes this week and Sony exclusives a month ago you can safely predict there will be more people than just me who notice and comment on it.
Any misinformation regarding Ground Zeroes falls solely on Konami for not getting the message out there strong enough that the game isn't just a 30 dollar demo.

I've never talked out of my ass about Sony exclusives. I've given my opinion on them several times though.

I admit : project morpheus is the main reason I just bought a Playstation camera (regular price).

What flavor kool-aid am I drinking? :)

Cheapy's Jamaican guy accent always makes me laugh and then diarrhea story FTW! Love that CAGCast! Do not hesitate to pull the trigger on a vasectomy. It hurts way less than getting accidentally hit in the balls and I'm sure I don't have to tell you about the benefits. My insurance even covered the whole thing. I tell everybody it's the best $25 co-pay I ever spent!

I haven't played Titanfall yet, but the way Wombat described his experience is why I am not seeking it out and probably how I would end up playing the game myself. If you make a giant map, why NOT throw some Easter eggs in there? Or more variety of game types? Just because this is a triple-A title doesn't mean it has to be so serious and limited. I miss more creative and ridiculous multiplayer games like Conker and Timesplitters, right now it just feels like we are stuck playing games themed around the wet dreams of Tom Clancy (RIP).

I haven't played Titanfall yet, but the way Wombat described his experience is why I am not seeking it out and probably how I would end up playing the game myself. If you make a giant map, why NOT throw some Easter eggs in there? Or more variety of game types? Just because this is a triple-A title doesn't mean it has to be so serious and limited. I miss more creative and ridiculous multiplayer games like Conker and Timesplitters, right now it just feels like we are stuck playing games themed around the wet dreams of Tom Clancy (RIP).
You should check out Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare if you haven't already.

I picked up a Titanfall bundle thanks for the recent "sale".  I can see why Shipwreck only sees himself playing this for a few weeks.  It's fun but stil kind of an amped up Call of Duty.  Honestly I expected it to look a little better as well.  Still looks good but not as good as say Ryse or the new Imfamous. 

I've never talked out of my ass about Sony exclusives. I've given my opinion on them several times though.
You did when you claimed that every Sony exclusive lacks a strong name brand. This is false because Sony has several exclusive franchises that sell millions of copies with each mainline entry.

Now apart from Uncharted I haven't played any of those series main games on the PS3, but I'm not arrogant enough to think my tastes are reflective of the worldwide console gaming market. Little Big Planet may have had its day, but the next Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo and Last of Us games on the PS4 are going to be huge. Because they are huge brands.

I picked up a Titanfall bundle thanks for the recent "sale". I can see why Shipwreck only sees himself playing this for a few weeks. It's fun but stil kind of an amped up Call of Duty. Honestly I expected it to look a little better as well. Still looks good but not as good as say Ryse or the new Imfamous.
its a thing that just going to happen when make an effort to target 60fps both infamous and ryse are 30fps. Dave Lang actually spoke about how difficult it is to go from 30fps to 60fps on the recent bombcast. I think titanfall's art design really outclasses other shooters that i find it more visually appealing than bf4.

@CHEAPYD the issue that you're having with the black screen this is a long shot but you can try turning off display auto-detection and set it to HDMI.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

The idea of Wal-Mart accepting used games makes me scared for anyone that tries that. I usually can't find a person in the electronics section to open up a game case for me, so finding someone and then having them know what they're doing with game trade-ins seems like a longshot. Unless Wal-Mart plans to have an automated machine accepting these trade-ins, I say best of luck to anyone that ventures in there with a bag full of used games.

If you're totally sure you don't want any more kids, look into Essure: http://www.essure.com/.  My wife got this and it is awesome (we have two kids and that is enough for us!).  No surgery, takes about 10 minutes at the doctor office, and you go home an hour later.  No more condoms and no more kids.  And no risky surgery.  Way more effective than a vasectomy, which sometimes leads to surprises.

its a thing that just going to happen when make an effort to target 60fps both infamous and ryse are 30fps. Dave Lang actually spoke about how difficult it is to go from 30fps to 60fps on the recent bombcast. I think titanfall's art design really outclasses other shooters that i find it more visually appealing than bf4.

@CHEAPYD the issue that you're having with the black screen this is a long shot but you can try turning off display auto-detection and set it to HDMI.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
Don't get me wrong I think it looks good but personally I'm not someone who really cares if it's 30 fps of 60 pfs, so long as there isn't significant slowdown either waty at any given point. Also I think BF4 looks better than Titanfall pesonally.

Gentlemen,
As usual, an outstanding show. I would like to address the hate of The Metal Gear. I completely agree with Cheapy and Shipwreck, a demo was released to prey on the wallet of fans. This is unacceptable. Even if the demo might be fun, the fact is Konami is selling a piece of a game. Yet more disturbing, people are buying and defending the practice. If naive gamers continue the buy pieces of a game for top dollar, we are going to witness the rise of substandard games as a new norm.

bread's done
Back