CAGcast #367: Head Games

blacketj beat me to the punch on the PS3 response, so I'll just wish Wombat has a swift recovery and savory vengeance.  C'mon Wombat, try vengeance!  Just once!  You might like it!

"Wow, you should really block Major Nelson on there." 

I lost it at that part hahaha so good.

Btw, Major is awesome that line just cracked me up.

I quit listening once CheapyD dismissed Shipwreck's cat's cancer over whiny-ass Wombat's "near death experience", a topic already mentioned times and times again all over this website and Twitter.

Listening to the CAGCast is now more and more akin to a chore.

With the Halo collection they should release the various campaigns and then offer one multiplayer mode for the whole package. It would feature all of the maps (or the most popular maps from each of the Halo games) and the host can choose rules to play under. Want to play with Halo 2 mechanics and weapons? select Halo 2 rules, want to play the map with Halo 4 mechanics and weapon, select under Halo 4 rules. That way they don't shard the user base and they can pool all their resources into one ultimate multiplayer mode instead of trying to emulate several different 360 multiplayer modes. They could call the multiplayer mode "Halo Remix" or something, let everyone pick their favorite flavor of poison right alongside people who may not care either way.

There have been lots of different styles of Batman games over the years. The Arkham games are its own subset of Batman games. They use "arkham" so that the customer immediately knows it is another game from that subset. It's like the reason they call the CoD games "Modern Warfare" so that people knew it is not in world war 2. If they had been planning ahead, a couple of games ago they would have added a more generic main title to make that the new brand name for marketing purposes, : Arkham City, then : Origins, and finally for the new game : Dark Knight or whatever. But 3+ games in they feel its too late to change the branding.

With the Microsoft pay wall features they are like any other greedy corporation, they tried to get away with it as long as possible. It's only after the Xbox One hit an iceberg that they have started throwing everything not bolted down to the ship overboard to try to stop the ship from sinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back