CAGcast #43: Big Ass Chains

Hey guys, excellent show this week!
I've listened to every one of them since way back at the beginning and really liked this one.

Good episode. I liked Wombat's ideas better than Cheapy's for the contest. Yet I'm entering anyway. Also, I'm really tired of people ragging on the sony behemoth and (though it isn't in this episode), please do refrain from voicing that kind of marketing driven crap on air if it is brought up. You guys are hilarious enough on your own, and are indeed the best gaming podcast, plus the inspiration for several others including my own I'm sure.

I actually really would like to find out more about how the cagcast is produced some time, perhaps wombat could go into detail if he is the primary recorder? Or do both of you record your ends of the conversation, etc?

k

This podcast was back to the tried and true formula and CheapyD had some great ideas today. I think the 10 minute format for guests is a good way to enhance the show without altering the flow too much.

Do I detect some repressed wiggerness in CheapyD? He seemed head over heels for Saints Row and was all too comfortable with the virtual gangster lifestyle. Is this sign of the real CheapyD or is it just a phase?

v

[quote name='zakk']Also, I'm really tired of people ragging on the sony behemoth and (though it isn't in this episode), please do refrain from voicing that kind of marketing driven crap on air if it is brought up.[/quote]

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say there. Is "(though it isn't in this episode)" the part of the MadLib that I'm supposed to fill in?

In all seriousness, I'm actually curious as to what exactly it is that you don't want them to talk about.

Great show as always guys!

At the start of the CAGbag cheapy said you guys were getting behind in answering questions. maybe one week you could do an all CAGbag show or move it up insted of having it at the end?

Also to wombat, sorry about the lousy job situation, but congradulations on the weight loss.

"a"

WHOOO! Superb cagcast guys! They should release a special Saints Row UNO deck with a BIG ASS CHAINZ! special card. HAHA. Anyways congrats Wombat on 20lbs lost. That's no small feat.

s

I couldn't agree more with Wombat's assertion that the video game industry needs to consolidate releases to Tuesdays just like the rest of the other industries (music, movies, books, etc.) do. I've always argued that if they're going to be a huge money maker on the lines of Hollywood (which financially they are), that they need to act like it and get the product to shelves by a firm release date. You never go to a theater on a Friday to see the newest movie, only to have them tell you "Well, the release date is today, but we're not getting it until Sunday."

Congratulations to Wombat on the weight loss, as well!

S

I am half way through the CAGCast, but will finish it later. So great so far. And now we know why you don't have hair. :D I am sad that Cheapy didn't mention the fact that you can't swear in your gang name online. Oh well.

l

I love cagcast so much that I listen to you guys in the shower this week. Wifeys=no. I like what wombat says but his voice is annoying sometimes. The content of the words are good but you actually putting them out annoys me. I would have never have posted this if cheapy didnt set up the contest up that I would have to post something. Good job though guys.

N

Return to form! Bravo. Laughed my ass off once again.

BTW: You can't poop on the floor in The Sims.

S

CHEAPY! My birthday is this saturday as well!

I have a really boring office job, so the day after the CAGcast comes out is usually the hightlight of my week. Great show, and great return to form! I don't know why you guys are so big on the one hour rule, personally, I say the bigger the better.

d

[quote name='shipwreck']

In all seriousness, I'm actually curious as to what exactly it is that you don't want them to talk about.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really terribly serious, I just meant that I hate hearing the kind of crap majornelson talks about (as an example: recent bullshit where his MS pals were ragging on HDMI...and then announcing how they wouldn't support it). Clearly this guy's blog and podcast are influential, however earlier he was (iirc) complaining about the the PS3 lower priced sku for not having HDMI.

It seems pretty stupid and two faced to complain about the lack of HDMI on the PS3's lower priced package, and then later when the news becomes publicly obvious that the 360 will lack HDMI support for whatever reason to deride supporting it at all. This guy is clearly a shill, intentionally or not.

I think a lot of online news sites cover this kind of story about the PS3 and hdmi, and the reporting is then influenced by Microsoft's (excellent) marketing tactics. Since these people aren't journalists, they're critics, even when they're just reporting on stories.

I hope I've explained that properly, let me know if it isn't clear :)

[quote name='dcfox']Cheapy,

In the podcast you mentioned how "L" and "R" are pronounced the same in the Japanese. While that is correct, you were mistaken when you said "Row, row" would be "lo, lo". The "R" sound remains the same, it is the "L" that changes. So "La" would be "Ra" so on and so forth, if I'm not mistaken.

Also did you guys drop N word on the show, or am I hearing things?

X[/quote]
Regarding the "row, row row" comment, you are correct. I realized right after I said it.

By the way, there is a difference between "nigga" and "nigger", see:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N3azWNDMhc[/media]

[quote name='ThePoisonNinja']
At the start of the CAGbag cheapy said you guys were getting behind in answering questions. maybe one week you could do an all CAGbag show or move it up insted of having it at the end?[/QUOTE]

I was about to suggest the same thing - perhaps an extra cast every few months that is cagbag only, to clear out the clutter.

t

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! MY BIRTHDAY IS ON SATURDAY!!!! SEPTEMBER 9TH PRIDE BIOTCH!!!!!!! Thanks Cheapy for making my birthday so much cooler.:bouncy:

e

Great Show! Can't wait for the CAG Gang to get into swing that way we can own some BIG ASS CHAINS!!!!!

My favorite show for a while.

I listen mostly just for the entertainment these days since I have no 360 and my backlog is so big I'm really not buying any new games. The show was still well worth listening to. Sorry to hear about the crappy job situation Wombat, it sounds like your employer is very demeaning towards you. Best of all, cheapy managed to only burp twice.

e

This CAGcast should be subtitled: A Return to Grace. Best show in a long time. After the past three shows, I was beginning to think the CAGcast had jumped the shark. CAGcast #43 restored my faith.

g

It was a fine show indeed, lads. Glad to see that The People's Champ, Wombat, was allowed to run wild again after being so badly oppressed on recent episodes. Just wish the job situation would suck less for the little guy.

Anyway, don't stop, guys! You're on track to be internet legends if this keeps up! Someday your names might be uttered in the same breath as "goatse," "tub girl," or "The Star Wars Kid."

e

Good Show guys, I haven't read all the comments but just a FYI a cheap HDMI cable from ebay or monoprice will work just as well as a Monster or any other high price one. Its a full digital signal just 1's and 0's so no need for a crazy high priced cable . Oh yeah R or 9

CheapyD, did you brush your teeth after that burp? It sounded as if particles of food somehow made it back up and were expelled in that one horrifying moment of audible rudeness. Thanks for keeping it classy!

s

I just started listening to the CAGcasts at the end of last week. I've never really taken the time to sit down and listen to them because I haven't had anything that I could while listening to a CAGcast at the same time without bungling both (I'm not the best multitasker...). Last week at work, I started doing some work that was tedious and time consuming, but not very involving, so I was able to catch up on the CAGcasts while I worked. I've made it through six or seven so far, and this was the first one I heard as a "new release" (the others had been out already).

I'm impressed with how well-done the shows are. I especially like the News Blast and the part where CheapyD and Wombat discuss what they're playing. They do a good job playing off of each other. I can see why Wombat has such a following; he seems like a very funny, likeable guy (not that CheapyD isn't; he's really funny too).

That said, it seems like the Xbox 360 and its games are often the focus of the shows. I'm sure it's just that the summer is slow and that's what CheapyD and Wombat are playing now during the drought, but I'd like to see some more coverage of other systems, especially the Wii. Once the fall rolls around, I'm sure the coverage will be more even.

Now that I've finally tried the CAGcast, I'm hooked. I'll be listening every week now. Keep up the good work.

a

Wombat next time you have to sniff the milk drop a goober in there. You'll have a smile on your face the rest of the day. :D

C

I thought that was a great CAGcast and I was laughing hysterically at the review of Saints Row. Congratulations on your Anniversary Wombat, keep up the good work on the diet, and I hope your job turns out for the better. Happy Early Birthday Cheapy. Thanks again for answering my question and sorry cheapy for hurting your wrist. Haha, keep up the good work!

u

Wombat, switch to drinking only water, you'll loose quite a few pounds...I lost 20 or so. Also, new comics were today for this week because of Labor Day but I guess you already know that.

n

[quote name='jrutz']Hey CheapyD and Wombat! Another great podcast.

First, Cheapy asked about a good upconverting DVD player. HKFlix has a great stock of them, the best feature/price-wise is the Oppo Digital OPDV971H. It's $200, so it's a bit pricey, but you get a lot for your money. It also plays XviD.

z[/QUOTE]

I second the OPPO, its a great player and gets lots of love for what you get for that price.

Also, not to crap on HKFlix, but Amazon also has it http://www.amazon.com/OPPO-OPDV971H...s_1/104-0026592-4735152?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
and its usually a little easier to return to them if you have a problem, although I guess I don't know if they deliver to Japan so I might be talking crap.

But fun show as always!

e

wombat, you have to admit, pgr3 uno > horse armor. the pgr3 uno theme was a rare non-xbla marketplace purchase for me. i think it's worth it if you're into uno but can't stand the terrible default music. the pgr3 theme works well but the car sounds are a little over done. overall, it's definitely the best deck available, although it probably looks a lot better in widescreen. i still use a standard definition 4:3 and you can hardly see the backgrounds because everything else blocks the view.

and regarding the job, whenever you're being yelled at for something that isn't your fault, keep a straight face as if you care but in your mind imagine the most ridiculous thing...something that always makes you laugh or just something completely random. i know it sounds like weird advice, but it kinda works.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Wombat, switch to drinking only water, you'll loose quite a few pounds...I lost 20 or so. Also, new comics were today for this week because of Labor Day but I guess you already know that.

n[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sure he'd love to have massive headaches for days on end. :)

bread's done
Back