CAGcast #720: SQUEEZE-ON

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if no one is submitting feedback on the website, that means the chances of this getting read are pretty high.

BABABOOEY! BABABOOEY! HOWARD STERN'S PENIS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been to Cracker Barrels in Maryland and NJ, and the gift stores were quite impressive.

Kids getting participation trophies gets brought up a lot as a bad thing, and yet I've seen plenty of adults who were very happy to get a medal for participating in a running race. In my experience 5K races don't usually give out medals or trophies just for entering, but the longer and more expensive races do. So long as the actual winners get a better reward, I don't think it's a bad thing to encourage people of any age to take part in athletic competition.

Thanks guys for putting out this great show! While I don't get to watch you live on Twitch (too late for this dad) but I love the new dynamic it adds to the audio. Keep up the outstanding work, you guys rock.

I'm curious if you guys ever bust out your copies of Switch Game or Not, the card game?

Cheapy, you're right, Kirby sucks.

While 5K's may not give out medals for participation, they all give out T-Shirts so you can show off that you run 5k's :D Our town's 8k (formerly the fastest 8k in the world) gave out medals to everyone who did it. But...the thing about participation trophies is it's usually not the kids demanding them, it's the parents who want their kid to be special (who are the same generation complaining about participation trophy culture).

Hey Cheapy,

Just wanted to say that you are definitely wrong about the “randomness” of loot in Fortnite being the hook that keeps people coming back, just like Wombat was saying. If you were talking about a game like Overwatch where you get new skins at random in loot boxes, you’d be correct. But that logic does not apply to Fortnite. Just as Wombat was saying, nobody gives a shit what they get in the random chests they find in game, because those items are gone at the end of the match. The loot people care about getting is not random at all, which is part of the appeal. If you want a certain skin, you just buy it, or you grind to unlock in in the battle pass. Nothing random about it at all. I get what you are saying about the rush people get from loot boxes being addictive, but you picked the wrong game as an example. But please, don’t let that stop you from arguing your case with a man that plays the game hours on end each day lol

I rarely comment mostly because I forget. Don't feel bad when you have only a few feedback posts. I assume it's common for someone to think of something but forget later. Anyway, just wanted to check in and say keep up the good work. Sadly I miss the live shows because I work overnight and my schedule is fubar. Lets hit 1K!

Around March or April of 2020 I went back and started listening to every single episode of the CAGcast (I remember this because I started around the same time I started my new position at work). I can now say I have come all the way from #1 to #720 (With every Cagforeplay as well, because why not?). It only took two years of listening at work, mowing the grass, and random listens while driving or gaming, but I am fully up on everything to do with this goofy podcast.

Thank you guys for providing me literally years worth of content to keep me company during the monotony of life and work.

Also having a post actually read on the CAGcast a few weeks ago was a pretty cool moment, and while it means absolutely nothing to you three, taking user feedback and comments and implementing them into the discussions, is one of the many reasons this show is great. Despite my differing views on a number of topics, I still look forward to every show, and am now a little crestfallen that I have to find something new to listen to.

Tldr: you guys are great, thanks for everything you do.

bread's done
Back