CAGcast #785: These Pipes Are Clean!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
You guys are still the only video game podcast I listen to, love the show! Feels like hanging out with old friends.

Something that has already been a trend this year is smaller "double A" games absolutely blowing up with a $30-$40 price tag (Palworld, Enshrouded, Hell Divers 2, etc) while big budget AAA games have been flopping (Skull & Bones, Suicide Squad)

What your thoughts on this? Any chance big studios realize people don't want to take a risk on potentially broken-on-launch $70 games any more?

Wombat's take on the Xbox stuff is so silly. Why in the world would Sony want to "negotiate" a deal with Microsoft to trade exclusives? Microsoft wants access to a larger platform, Sony gains nothing by giving them back one of their franchises in return. And he throws out Horizon as a "small" title, when Horizon 1 has sold more than any single Xbox game. I don't even like Horizon, but that's just ridiculous. And why would Microsoft's stock go up on rumors of them putting their games on PlayStation? I'm.. so.. confused.

bread's done
Back