CAGcast #81: Fascist Cars and Loose Morals

Do the people who call Cheapy an Microsoft fanboy have any common sense? Would any human being spend 600 dollars on a console, just so they could hate it? And to add to that, would any human spend 600 dollars on a gift of the same console to give to someone so they could hate it? Get real. Just because he is not enjoying his PS3 experience to the max doesn't mean that he is a Microsoft fanboy. He just is currently enjoying his Xbox360 more than his PS3. That is it.

Anyway, great show guys. Keep up the good work!

If product placement helped make the special effects that much better, then I can live with it. I was a huge fan of the G1 series and thought the movie was amazing. No disrespect towards Ship since everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would suggest people to watch the movie before forming their own.

In fact, I would love to hear Wombat and Cheapy's impressions after watching it.

Still listening to it, so I'll comment more later.

Great show guys. Love the ending... Oblivion!!

I have also just had a bad experience sending my 360 back, and what Wombat said is true. It took them two full weeks to ship it back. When I called them for an update, the guy said it was because they were replacing certain parts, I think it is the cooling system, in addition to the overwhelming number that are being sent in for repair.

Great CAGCast guys, you two are some of the worst singers I've ever heard.

Also, R6:Vegas CAG Nights happen every Thursday usually from about 9 PM - 12 AM EST

Great CAGcast guys! Keep it up.
CheapyD dont get bummed about not getting invited to the kilzone event...
You guys can come to Killzone 2 launch party at my place when the game comes out. :D

Listening to my new CAGcast durring my lunch break today almost killed me. I had already read the "review" of Transformers in the columbus paper.(Hated it)And several online reviews.(mixed) I thought for sure someone reviewing for you guys would've liked it.
If you remember the cartoon and liked it you will like this movie. The whole ebay thing actually is part of the movie plot, the Ladiesmanxxx shit was funny as hell because thats what ebay is about. Dork=Ladiesman, ugly=hotstufff278 on ebay. And as for product placement, I thinki that was a little inside joke, just like the cartoon. And I've never heard anyone bash 24 for having the only Dell/Apple mixed computer network on the planet. Was this movie 15% a GM commercial? Yes. But it didn't hurt the movie much. The story was good(not great) and I wish the Transformers cast would've been expanded.
I was worried the the Transformers themselves were not going to talk(they didn't in ANY trailer or commercial)
There were things I would change of course, but shipwrecks review was very harsh.

Go see it, remember Shipwreck......Wrecks ships, so go see an early show if your worried about wasting 8 dollars. And then judge for yourself. 7.5 out of 10 I was hoping it wouldn't be a 3-4 but I was very surprised it was a multi-see show.(twice already here)

I've been trying to get No More Heroes onto the Hype Wagon since you started the live podcasts.

It doesn't have 1:1 motion. It has a high, low and medium strike sensing (like Samba De Amigo). The grapple moves, though, are fairly cool as the preview video shows - motion sensing on both controllers.

Yeah, have to disagree with Shipwreck's review of Transformers. The product placement was noticeable, but not enough to ruin the movie. The action scenes were a bit too close, but they were still enjoyable. And the humor in the movie worked more often than not so I'd say go out and see it. Definitely worth a movie theater ticket. Made up for that catastrophe known as Spiderman 3, IMHO.

[quote name='xmrblondex']dufar? dufar?
hahaha

it's darfur

that was hilarious[/quote]

Well, I was never accused of being too smart, that's for sure.

BTW, I got my Ubisoft appointment. :)

great episode! i really enjoyed the review of transformers the movie which was right on the money. bumblebee was pissing on someone? anyway cheapy i was disappointed that you didnt realize that the general lee and its confederate flag could be offensive to some people. wombat thanks for bringing it up. i spent many a summer as a kid watching reruns of that show every afternoon but now that i'm grown and i understand what that flag represents i don't care for it anymore. other than that another great show.

[quote name='CheapyD']BTW, I got my Ubisoft appointment. :)[/quote]

sweet! how many mexicans did u have to kill to prove your worthy? :rofl:

I saw both of you guys on the SSHD leaderboards(very looooow). :D

BTW, It's Suda five-one. In Japanese, go-ichi since his name is gouichi.

[quote name='atomsk']Why didn't you guys talk about Super Stardust HD? I saw both of you guys the leaderboards(albeit very looooow). :D

BTW, It's Suda five-one. In Japanese, go-ichi since his name is gouichi.[/QUOTE]
They did...

i like the part where Cheapy read the reviews for their podcast. it's almost like email feedback. read mine next time! :)

as for the game that does stealth and action best, the best series is Hitman. i like that they allow you the option to go nuts or stay stealthy.

finally, Wombat, did you get your 360 back today yet?

I loved this show. The Pizza story is top notch , transformer review was great as well as linked youtube video. Sad that Wombats job wont let him head to E3. Overall can't wait to hear your impressions on E3 Cheapyd.

Dudes,

Go see Transformers. Its not as bad as Shipwreck made it out to be. Yes I agree with the fact that the movie was a big ad, but its still not bad at all.

If I had to say one bad thing about it, it would be the large volume of corny-ass one liners. I mean really. I guess its mandatory movie behavior but really now.

I loved the visuals, the story was decent, and Transformers kick fucking ass.

So just go see it and tell us what you guys personally think.

Peese Duns.
-Gregory Tea

[quote name='Gregory_Tea']If I had to say one bad thing about it, it would be the large volume of corny-ass one liners. I mean really. I guess its mandatory movie behavior but really now. [/quote] This is a huge turn off for me. It's like being smacked in the face in the theater and having some one yell at you, "You are watching a stupid movie"!

[quote name='CheapyD']This is a huge turn off for me. It's like being smacked in the face in the theater and having some one yell at you, "You are watching a stupid movie"![/quote]

the sad thing about hearing Shipwreck's review is that this movie seems worse than the old animated movie. i don't know why they didn't make this movie a bit more serious for all the adult fans out there. i know my friend who's a HUGE TF fan is gonna be totally pissed.

[quote name='LiK']the sad thing about hearing Shipwreck's review is that this movie seems worse than the old animated movie. i don't know why they didn't make this movie a bit more serious for all the adult fans out there. i know my friend who's a HUGE TF fan is gonna be totally pissed.[/QUOTE]

It's completely on a person by person basis. People seem to either love or hate this movie.

[quote name='shipwreck']It's completely on a person by person basis. People seem to either love or hate this movie.[/quote]

seems like it. but judging from your review and what others have said, i think i'll wait for the DVD so i can juss watch it once and then skip to the action scenes for future viewings.

It's not the fact that they are using real-world brands that bothers me, it's how the products are blatantly highlighted in the movie.

What I can't understand is how you can complain about prodcut placement in a $200 million movie that is based upon a cartoon series that LITERALLY was a weekly 30 minute toy commercial!

BTW, have you watched the old TF movie? Sure, the opening 20 minutes were awesome. Then we get 60 minutes following around 2 transformers we've never seen before (need I mention the travesty of Rodimus Prime) as they have stupid adventures like driving circles around "sharktacons". And if the silly dialogue was bad in this one, how about the robot voiced by the micromachine guy in the old movie who just spit out tv slogans non-stop? Why are all the old TF killed off right away? So they can introduce new toys as "characters."

[quote name='jonnyflash']What I can't understand is how you can complain about prodcut placement in a $200 million movie that is based upon a cartoon series that LITERALLY was a weekly 30 minute toy commercial!

BTW, have you watched the old TF movie? Sure, the opening 20 minutes were awesome. Then we get 60 minutes following around 2 transformers we've never seen before (need I mention the travesty of Rodimus Prime) as they have stupid adventures like driving circles around "sharktacons". And if the silly dialogue was bad in this one, how about the robot voiced by the micromachine guy in the old movie who just spit out tv slogans non-stop? Why are all the old TF killed off right away? So they can introduce new toys as "characters."[/quote]

don't forget the terrible 80's music.

my friends think am a clown because I smile so much when listening to the cagcast.. i am so near to lol'ing it's no joke.

That must have been the best Transformers review i will ever hear...

nice one shipwreck.

[quote name='LiK']don't forget the terrible 80's music.[/quote]

You've got the touch.... You've got the power.... Yeah!!

[quote name='encendido5']You've got the touch.... You've got the power.... Yeah!![/quote]

o gawd...lol

Great podcast as always. I was intrigued by the fact that you can not get an invite to every event you want. Do you think that naming the site Cheap Ass Gamer, while it probably helped grow the site, has now or may become detrimental and keep some people from taking you and the website seriously? Obviously members and people who pay attention realize that the site has gone way beyond just pricing deals to a full blown gaming information resource. Do you regret naming the site Cheap Ass Gamer and wish you had come up with something else now that it has become the beast that it is?

As for Shipwreck's movie review, I respectfully disagree with his overall impression of the movie, but I still value his opinion and consider our tastes similar with having agreed with most of what he has said on the CAG Foreplay in regards to game reviews and previews. Perhaps we just have a difference of opinion on movies but similar gaming tastes. As others have said, don't let his review or any review decide for you. Of course many people might disagree with my taste in movies, I don't usually go for the "outstanding cinematic experience" of many movies that I think try to be more than they are like Children of Men and others. I prefer a cheesy popcorn flick over "art" when I buy my movie tickets. I enjoyed Armageddon, hell I even liked Ghost Rider, because I didn't go in expecting a masterpiece. I expected a mildly humerous diversion from real life, which is exactly what it was.

Oh and Cheapy, after having told us of your Dirty Dancing watching exploits, please refrain from making further Dirty Dancing references, it puts images in my head that I need multiple Bay/Bruckheimer movies to forget.

One little complaint, Cheapy you sometimes need to suck it up and listen while Wombat talks about something you don't like. I guarantee that many of your fans are also football fans and will probably buy more than one football game this fall. I have noticed in the past that if something doesn't keep Cheapy's interest he is quick to try and move on. Maybe that is just the short attention span of a 360 Fanboy. Just kidding, while I agree that Cheapy likes his 360 the most out of his 3 consoles, it has less to do with love of MS than the fact that it has the most games and is currently better than the other 2 systems. And I don't own one, I own the other 2 consoles and consider myself a Sony fan, bordering on fanman. At 33 years old I don't qualify I as a "boy" anything anymore. But I digress, I understand that you have an outline and want to stick to something of a timeframe, but you should leave it open enough that if a topic like that comes up and there is meaningful thoughts from Wombat, you should let him talk.

[quote name='jaystaeb8']But I digress, I understand that you have an outline and want to stick to something of a timeframe, but you should leave it open enough that if a topic like that comes up and there is meaningful thoughts from Wombat, you should let him talk.[/quote]

i gotta agree that i didn't like when Cheapy cut off Wombat when he was talkin about football. it's not whether we like the subject or not, i just found it entertaining how enthusiastic Wombat was about these obscure football players. you know, small talk. if i was annoyed, i could fast forward.

Football kicks ass. Cheapy, I gotta say I think you are in the minority on this one...people like football. CAGs like football.

Another good show guys.

I'm not fond of sports talk specially on a videogame related podcast. Maybe Wombat can start a side project, "The Wombcast" and he can chat about current sport thingies.

Great show guys, 2 hours of fucking sextacular entertainment. Oh yeah, nobody's mentioned this but the Fascist Mobile is actually from the movie Smoking Aces. Yeahhhh.
I look forward to the Abortion Auto

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm not fond of sports talk specially on a videogame related podcast. Maybe Wombat can start a side project, "The Wombcast" and he can chat about current sport thingies.[/quote]

me too, but Wombat was talkin about the players in All Pro 2k8 so it was technically still within the realm of video games. ^.^

[quote name='LiK']seems like it. but judging from your review and what others have said, i think i'll wait for the DVD so i can juss watch it once and then skip to the action scenes for future viewings.[/QUOTE]

I thought almost the same thing. When it comes out on HD-DVD I'll buy it and watch the fights in slow-mo. Hopefully in the next movie they
do step back and let us see some of the action. That was one valid point shipwreck had in his review. Oh, and I though it was funny when Bumblebee "lubricated" the jack-ass from Sector 7. He deserved it! lol :applause:

[quote name='crunchewy']I have an M3 DS Simply (equivalent to the R4) for my DS. What I originally got it for was two things: primarily to be able to easily carry all my games with me and have easy and quick access to them (I take the train and bus to work) and secondarily to be able to run homebrew, especially emulators. The big catch is that there is no easy means to rip your own carts, so that means you have to download the roms off of the internet, and there's a slippery slope, of course, as it gets awfully tempting to download some games you don't actually own. I admit I did this, but all along I didn't feel good about it and finally I recently purged my MicroSD card of every rom I didn't actually own. I'm clean now (well, Nintendo and company aren't friends of emus they don't earn money from, but that's an entirely different issue, IMHO.)

Even having said that, there is one remaining issue, albeit a subtle one. It's also very tempting to buy games, but then never open them, and instead download the rom and play that. I have to admit that I have a few games in this state (Warioware Touched is one). I keep meaning to break the seals to make it official, but somehow that never seems to have happened. :)

Nintendo and the others would do well to provide a means to do these things officially, at least being able to load your handheld with games, rather than having to play from cartridge/disc (or directly downloaded). I realize that the DS doesn't have the means to do this since it has no significant internal storage nor a means to add it (actually I suppose they could do it via an add-on slot-2 card that would provide internal storage, or a MicroSD slot.) They could do it for the next gen handheld, certainly. The games would be media that you load onto your handheld via the cart/disc, but then you wouldn't need to carry the cart/disc with you and you could load multiple games onto the handheld and select from them. In other words, just like the PC world. A DS has a lot less value to me if I have to carry 20 cartridges with me. I probably would not even have bought a DS had it not been for the fact that devices such as the M3DSS existed, which allowed me to carry all my games with me in a compact fashion.[/quote]

I use mine more as an import tool/ demo station. I recently downloaded the new Zelda game, Phantom Hourglass, just to try it out and see how great it looks. Well it looks really great graphically, but I can't do anything without reading Japanese lol. Obviously any huge Zelda fan (like me) is going to grab this game immediately so I'm using the rom as a demo. Stuff like this is totally fine with me. I first played Puzzle Quest on my M3 and I loved it so much I went on a local witch hunt to try to find it, and i did w00t!!! Anyways the thing can be used for good so people should think about that before bitching about it.

Oh and Cheapy, you acted like an ass cutting Wombat off when he was talking about 2K8. I for one am with Wombat on this one, I love football and I'm sure a shitload of other cags do too.

I also have to disagree with Shipwreck's opinion of Transformers. Yeah there was a ridiculous amount of product placement and cheesy dialogue, but the movie was very enjoyable. Only hardcore fanboys will probably find alot to not like, but everyone else watch it with a open mind and enjoy. I loved Transformers when I was a kid but after watching it now, it hasn't aged well.

BTW, CheapyD really should let Wombat finish talking sometimes, cutting him off is not cool. Anyway great show.

As usual, loved the show. Took me forever to listen to it, though, too much stuff going on at work, I guess. :)

The pizza quest sounded cool. What does make NY pizza "NY pizza"? Some place opened up near me claiming to have "authentic NY pizza" (I live in northern Virginia) and I thought it was pretty craptastic, but I've never had a real NY slice, so I can't compare for how truely NY it is...

I noticed you guys haven't talked too much lately about the Wii (not that there's been a lot of news about it I've heard). Are either of you currently playing games on it (VC or regular games)? Are there any games coming out after E3 that you're looking forward to for the Wii?

Can't wait to hear about your E3 experiences, Cheapy! And I really do think Wombat should host a show. If he has enough time, that is, I know how it is with the nutso jobs.

/tk

I will also respectfully disagree with Shipwreck I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and understand the realism behind product placement and didn't think it was that bad. The special effects were amazing and didn't have a problem iwth the Camera. And I didn't think the Story was that bad. But then again, I didn't go for a movie, I went for a fun-filled action movie, which I got.

BTW, Download and Listen to Black Lab's transformers theme, it's pretty good.

Hey dont know if anyone has said this... However Prince of Perisa was a perfect stealth and action series

I love all 3 and they did a perfect blend of stealth and fighting, also it had good timing for the swith between puzzle, stealth and fighting.

It will be extremely difficult for me to do a show with Wombat next week due to my tight schedule and the 3 hour time difference.
I'll probably have to go solo and do something a bit different (and not call it a CAGcast).

[quote name='CheapyD']It will be extremely difficult for me to do a show with Wombat next week due to my tight schedule and the 3 hour time difference.
I'll probably have to go solo and do something a bit different (and not call it a CAGcast).[/quote]Well it is E3 so just do what you need to do, it's a special circumstance as will be TGS. Even if you have to break things down into multiple segments like "E3 update Day one" whatever. You can have the official CAGcast back the following week which there will be plenty to talk about and should give Wombat some preparation time for once.

Oh and keep up the work guys. Personally I don't see the reason for any Cheapy hate or any Wombat hate. You guys are doing an excellent job and have some great chemistry that I thoroughly enjoy.

BTW that Transformers Optimus Prime Rebirth video was hilarious.

Cheapy, how in the world can you possibly mix up Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3? Do you know the difference between Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man? (Hint: Ms. Pac-Man has a bow in her hair) I applaud Wombat for calling you out on that. You should be ashamed.

[quote name='CheapyD']It will be extremely difficult for me to do a show with Wombat next week due to my tight schedule and the 3 hour time difference.
I'll probably have to go solo and do something a bit different (and not call it a CAGcast).[/quote]

you can probably do a simple report about E3, i'll happy to hear from you on what you saw

[quote name='Yipwoop']Cheapy, how in the world can you possibly mix up Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3?[/quote]

In the late 80s, I was much more into PC gaming.
My time was occupied by Sierra "Quest Games", Wayne Gretzky Hockey, Superstar Ice Hockey, and many others. I never owned any of the Super Mario sequels. Of course I played the shit out of the original.

bread's done
Back