CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

Awesome! Just glad the first tournament is done and eager to get the league going!!
Also I have another fighter that I would like to enter the league once Genesis is finished.

WelterWeight
Jay See
Muay Tai/BJJ
5'11
rating:

[quote name='homeland']Awesome! Just glad the first tournament is done and eager to get the league going!!
Also I have another fighter that I would like to enter the league once Genesis is finished.

WelterWeight
Jay See
Muay Tai/BJJ
5'11
rating:[/QUOTE]

Sounds good! Yeah, getting this tournament wrapped up is a high priority for me, as I much prefer the weekly card format. But it was without a doubt the best way to determine the first champions. From here on out, if anybody doesn't have time to fight, they'll just slide down the rankings. No big deal. No feelings hurt.

I'd like to join the league as well. Here's my guy...

Name: Brandon Haines
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 205 (Light Heavyweight)
Fighting Styles: Kickboxing, BJJ
Overall Rating: 88

That was my first CAF so 88 is not too bad after retiring. My 2nd CAF is rated 100 though :)! I maxed out his submission, and his standing strikes/kicks are like 80 each, and every other stat is at least 70! I didn't accept any of Dana's request to replace an injured fighter and I was getting 100+ points in a lot of my sparring sessions! But since he's rated so high I'll use my first fighter!

[quote name='gamcreator']I'd like to join the league as well. Here's my guy...

Name: Brandon Haines
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 205 (Light Heavyweight)
Fighting Styles: Kickboxing, BJJ
Overall Rating: 88

That was my first CAF so 88 is not too bad after retiring. My 2nd CAF is rated 100 though :)! I maxed out his submission, and his standing strikes/kicks are like 80 each, and every other stat is at least 70! I didn't accept any of Dana's request to replace an injured fighter and I was getting 100+ points in a lot of my sparring sessions! But since he's rated so high I'll use my first fighter![/QUOTE]

What was your sparring method ot getting such high sparring points? I'm glad your using your first fighter. I'd hate for everyone having maxed out stats. Keeping the Stats realistic adds to the experience.

[quote name='Matt Young']Damn, Alan... not only are you pretty much on the exact same pace I was on, but you've done all this after restarting. I feel like I'm so far behind, with others finishing the career and you basically playing through a full career with both your guys combined. And I've played a decent amount.

Talon and sleepy- Do you know when you're fighting? Nothing personal, but I'd like to face talon in the finals. Two guys named Young who practice BJJ and kickboxing? It'd almost be poetic.[/QUOTE]

Well, I PM'd him and posted like three times on the forums and got no response. I'm going to be gone for two week starting Friday so if you wanna fight, sweet, but either way the title is yours!

[quote name='whiptcracker']How are we going to decide #1 ccontenders and other scheduled fights?[/QUOTE]

Well, in the early stages, it'll almost be an extension of the tournament (as though it were double elimination). Guys who lost their very first fight will be ranked toward the bottom and will face each other. As the records improve, so will the rankings. Rankings for fighters with an identical record will be decided by overall rating (and how close the fights were).

At this point, everybody is really close together. As we pit people against each other, I expect things to spread out a bit. All we really need to do is pay attention and recognize who should be fighting who. It should be pretty simple, for the most part. :)

[quote name='talonthrawn']Well, I PM'd him and posted like three times on the forums and got no response. I'm going to be gone for two week starting Friday so if you wanna fight, sweet, but either way the title is yours![/QUOTE]

Well, the bracket says I'm supposed to fight him now, apparently.

[quote name='homeland']What was your sparring method ot getting such high sparring points? I'm glad your using your first fighter. I'd hate for everyone having maxed out stats. Keeping the Stats realistic adds to the experience.[/QUOTE]

Well at first I was getting my normal 50 points for the difference in sparring points just by going after the guy with a few headkicks, combos and then taking him down and advancing to mount. Since I was using this guy to get some of the career achievements and I had heard how hard submission of the night was so I increased my Sub OFF first. Then it just so happened I could get my sparring partner to submit even when his stamina was full of green so I would get larger differences. I think if you are 200+ points difference then you get 70 points plus your multipliers and in a few sparring matches I got 2 submissions and had 400+ point difference. I forget how many points that gave me but with 2 x 1.20 multipliers it was in the 100s.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, the bracket says I'm supposed to fight him now, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Here's the deal, talon is leaving tomorrow and will be gone the next few weeks. These were the options:

A. Unless he can fight sleepy tonight, and then you directly afterward, it's unlikely that the Middleweight bracket gets finished. Even if that happens, the problem is if talon wins the title, and then is gone for a few weeks, by CAGFC rules, he'd have to relinquish the belt anyway.

B. Put the middleweight bracket on hold until everyone is home and feels like fighting.

C. Declare their fight a draw, but allow sleepy to move on so the tournament can end and we can continue on with the weekly cards.

Which one of those sounds like a good idea? When in doubt, pick C.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']C sounds like the best possible choice. How ever A and B weren't bad either :p[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks buddy. I would have been fine with option A. It at least would have moved us forward. But us married guys know what utter chaos the days leading up to your wedding are. It would have been tough to expect talon to set up two fights under those conditions. Honestly, I'll be proud of him if he just makes it out alive. ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, thanks buddy. I would have been fine with option A. It at least would have moved us forward. But us married guys know what utter chaos the days leading up to your wedding are. It would have been tough to expect talon to set up two fights under those conditions. Honestly, I'll be proud of him if he just makes it out alive. ;)[/QUOTE]

Those two days are the best! You party hard and get lots of stripper before you get the ole ball and chain and one piece of poontang the rest of your life :p

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Those two days are the best! You party hard and get lots of stripper before you get the ole ball and chain and one piece of poontang the rest of your life :p[/QUOTE]

Either you're not married or your wedding went down better than mine. Missing rings, trying to keep family members who hate each other away from each other, possible rain (outdoors wedding), bride running late, how to get the reception area decorated in enough time, trying to remember the million things you might've forgotten...it's a test of sanity.

Congrats talon and good luck.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Either you're not married or your wedding went down better than mine. Missing rings, trying to keep family members who hate each other away from each other, possible rain (outdoors wedding), bride running late, how to get the reception area decorated in enough time, trying to remember the million things you might've forgotten...it's a test of sanity.

Congrats talon and good luck.[/QUOTE]

THIS..lol. Right down to the possible rain. It was madness. Madness I tell you! :whee:

Yeah, after discovering that I had gotten to year 4 without ever doing the training camps correctly (I really should have read the career help when I first started, which clearly explained how to participate in them), I also restarted my career last week. Thankfully, this allowed me to fix my fighter's age since apparently he's immortal and never ages.

I think this was my 3rd time starting career mode, so I finally REALLY knew what I was doing. I utilized my training, sparring, and camps as well as I could, and finished with my guy a full Level 3 in both kickboxing and bjj. Even though I finished my career with 5 submissions, I never got submission of the night (some nights didn't even have a sub of the night...lame).

Hopefully this doesn't piss anybody off, but my guy finished with a rating of 100. I didn't use any outside sources to achieve it, just my own personal experience in having gone 1/3 to 1/2 way through the career 3 times. I figure with that much time put in, I should know enough to maximize my skills. Even so, I don't think I'm unbeatable. Anybody can get caught.

All right guys, it would really be great if we could get this tournament finished up. The following fights need to happen as soon as possible:

HW - Blake Garber vs Jay Gillums

MW - Matt Young vs Eric Ortiz

LW - Manny Pacquiao vs Andrew Kennel

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, after discovering that I had gotten to year 4 without ever doing the training camps correctly (I really should have read the career help when I first started, which clearly explained how to participate in them), I also restarted my career last week. Thankfully, this allowed me to fix my fighter's age since apparently he's immortal and never ages.

I think this was my 3rd time starting career mode, so I finally REALLY knew what I was doing. I utilized my training, sparring, and camps as well as I could, and finished with my guy a full Level 3 in both kickboxing and bjj. Even though I finished my career with 5 submissions, I never got submission of the night (some nights didn't even have a sub of the night...lame).

Hopefully this doesn't piss anybody off, but my guy finished with a rating of 100. I didn't use any outside sources to achieve it, just my own personal experience in having gone 1/3 to 1/2 way through the career 3 times. I figure with that much time put in, I should know enough to maximize my skills. Even so, I don't think I'm unbeatable. Anybody can get caught.[/QUOTE]

You know what sucks ass? I realized this the first play through when somebody said "Don't do anything for cred or take fights". Also another thing that sucks ass is that I never got KO of the night. I got Submission of the Night alot considering I literally had 24 submissions and 9 (T)KO's. Sorta makes me sad cause I really wanted that one achievement. But I did go undefeated and make it into the Hall of Fame.

Well, I'll make it a trifecta- Gotten a mix of KO and Subs of the Night, never gotten fight of the night in 6 years. Maybe I'll try to get the cheesemint in another weightclass.

For Submissions of the night, if you haven't yet, try getting it along with the no-hit submission achievement. That's how I got my first SotN, and oddly, it was against Silva o_O.

[quote name='moojuice']Well, I'll make it a trifecta- Gotten a mix of KO and Subs of the Night, never gotten fight of the night in 6 years. Maybe I'll try to get the cheesemint in another weightclass.

For Submissions of the night, if you haven't yet, try getting it along with the no-hit submission achievement. That's how I got my first SotN, and oddly, it was against Silva o_O.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tapped Silva out twice via rear-naked choke, and still nothing. The only thing I could think of is in most of my fights, they didn't tap out from the first submission attempt. They'd usually escape once or twice, before I was finally able to get one fully sunk in. I figured maybe that made it less exciting, haha. I got the "no striking sub" achievement in exhibition though, so that didn't help me any. I'll probably go through each weight class though, so hopefully, I'll be able to put it all together at some point.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I tapped Silva out twice via rear-naked choke, and still nothing. The only thing I could think of is in most of my fights, they didn't tap out from the first submission attempt. They'd usually escape once or twice, before I was finally able to get one fully sunk in. I figured maybe that made it less exciting, haha. I got the "no striking sub" achievement in exhibition though, so that didn't help me any. I'll probably go through each weight class though, so hopefully, I'll be able to put it all together at some point.[/QUOTE]

Even if you make them tap with the first submission you don't get the Sub Of The Night. I think you have to really put on a damn good show and turn a reversal into a submission. Maybe this will help some, but I just got it by doing non stop Submissions pretty much. I don't know why I went all Submission this time around In Career Mode.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150326

Also, I wanna get this one but how would you do it since it's Ranked only isn't it?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149225

Focusing on submissions for most of my career really helped me make my game more well rounded. Once I did them enough I kind of understood when I could pull one off and which submissions were easier to make people tap.

AK, let me know when you are available; I was online Friday evening and was around today. I will be on tomorrow, msg me so we can get it setup.

Finally finished my middleweight career, going 36-0 (all knockout) with 26 title defenses:

"The Buzzsaw" Matt Young
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 185lbs
Fighting Styles: Kickboxing/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Overall Rating: 93

Kickiboxing and BJJ are both maxed out 150/150 Level 3. Once I got to where it took 25 sparring points to level up any category by 1, by overall development stalled. I ended up as a 93 overall. Not too bad.

Wow... So I posted those stats at 411mania.com. I've been going there for many years, but just started posting at the message board solely due to the UFC CAF league they have going there. A response from one of the top posters there:

"Considering the game just came out one would have to be totally devoted to career mode playing hours a day and doing the reset to get those stats.

Kind of sad.

Nice weather out there walk through the door and experience it. "

Wow... Really? Just, really?

[quote name='Matt Young']Wow... So I posted those stats at 411mania.com. I've been going there for many years, but just started posting at the message board solely due to the UFC CAF league they have going there. A response from one of the top posters there:

"Considering the game just came out one would have to be totally devoted to career mode playing hours a day and doing the reset to get those stats.

Kind of sad.

Nice weather out there walk through the door and experience it. "

Wow... Really? Just, really?[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's harsh. They must have some really dumb people over there, because it's not that hard to rank up quickly once you know what you're doing. For instance, I'll even toss a freebie to everybody.

When you start your career, and you only have two sponsors (THQ and Yukes), fill all 10 logo spots on your trunks with THQ logos, so you'll immediately be racking up 350 points of cred for each fight. This will get you better equipment faster.

It's not like that's some hack in the game. Just something not everybody would think to do. Considering the career mode has almost an RPG feel to it (ranking up, adding points, etc.), really anybody well-versed in strategy (or as George Bush would say "strategery") could figure this stuff out. Sounds like the 411 guys need to dial 411 and get a fucking clue, lol :cool:

That's retarded since it took me 5 hours to go through career mode and end up with a 93, and I have a wife, full time job, etc.

Also, I checked out that thread and the guy who said that has been posting forever on that site. I used to write for the game section before the games staff split for Insidepulse (and now Diehardgamefan), and the dude posted a ton back in the day. Doesn't look like that's changed. I don't think he's qualified to tell someone they have no life :)

Whoever was at the top of the leaderboard that first week with over 400 wins and over 400 DNFs doesn't have a life. Christ, how long would that even take?

I don't know, man. I just thought I was way behind since so many others had finished career. I even have several friends with the 30 ranked wins achievement. I am 0-0 ranked.

But that Nemesis guy seemed all right; it's just that first post that irked me. Anyway, sleepy, I haven't heard from you. When can you play our middleweight title bout?

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't know, man. I just thought I was way behind since so many others had finished career. I even have several friends with the 30 ranked wins achievement. I am 0-0 ranked.

But that Nemesis guy seemed all right; it's just that first post that irked me. Anyway, sleepy, I haven't heard from you. When can you play our middleweight title bout?[/QUOTE]

Send him a PM Matt. He hasn't posted in the thread in some time.

Some people have no life (like my self) and play the game non stop. But I still get my exercise and walk in and do other things. Some people are just morons. I really can't wait to fight. Just waiting and waiting.

Well, finished off my Career, 95 overall.

Man, my sparring partner must have gotten pissed because he was giving me a hard time the last two years. Occasionally walked away with only 36 points. Went from knocking him out about twice per sparring round to not even being able to whip him around in the clinch.

[quote name='moonknight25']I will be debuting a new fighter soon. He is is the W. Class and I'm almost done with his career. Hope to finish before tghe next tourney![/QUOTE]

I don't think we're having any more tournaments. Just weekly cards.

Yeah, Matt is correct. I don't want to say there will NEVER be another tournament. But after this, we'll be going to individual matches on weekly cards. I don't relish the idea of continuously doing tournaments. Look at how long this one is taking. Some people can't find the time for a 5-15 minute fight.

It doesn't even take 15 minutes for a 3 round fight if you skip cut scenes. The accelerated clock moves at twice real time.

Anyway, I PM'ed sleepy in an effort to get our fight done.

[quote name='Matt Young']It doesn't even take 15 minutes for a 3 round fight if you skip cut scenes. The accelerated clock moves at twice real time.

Anyway, I PM'ed sleepy in an effort to get our fight done.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. It's really amazing how full of shit some people are. "I want to fight in a league!!!" Yeah...suuuuuure you do. :roll:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that's true. It's really amazing how full of shit some people are. "I want to fight in a league!!!" Yeah...suuuuuure you do. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You know some people actually ARE busy with..... you know... LIFE stuff, and getting together for a fight online can actually be a bit of a bitch. I know this might be hard for people who post 50 times a day on CAG to understand but please try your best.

[quote name='cgarb84']You know some people actually ARE busy with..... you know... LIFE stuff, and getting together for a fight online can actually be a bit of a bitch. I know this might be hard for people who post 50 times a day on CAG to understand but please try your best.[/QUOTE]

Dude, go fuck yourself. I'm fortunate that I can check CAG frequently because I work from home. I realize that. But it's horseshit if somebody can't check the thread once a day. And the only reason anyone might struggle to get their fight done is by not knowing how to communicate like an adult. The reason it happens is because most people rely on the "I'm online now. Maybe my opponent is on." strategy. If you have a busy schedule, that's MORE of a reason to communicate and set up a time to meet your opponent. Saying "I have a life!" is just a fucking copout. Grow the fuck up. And get off my nuts.

If people are too busy to participate in one fight a week, I don't see why they signed up then.

Took me and homeland a few tries to get our fight done with our schedules, but we managed to make it happen (though mostly because he was patient).

I'm just going to forfeit my fight to Gillums since we can't seem to be availabe at the same time, so just let Gillums advance.

P.S. I'm getting a little fucking tired of a few people in this thread constantly whining that some people can't get their fights in on time. I've been working a lot recently so I genuinely have not been able to get coordinated with my opponents. It actually has been a stretch for me to set up a possible 15 minute long fight. I'm genuinely sorry I haven't been able to be near my 360 24/7 the last couple weeks to get fights in and please everybody. Some people in here need to fucking realize that this tournament isn't the most important thing going on for some people right now. I'm trying to schedule fights around work, not schedule work around this tournament. So again some people in here should have a little fucking patience and not talk down people because they can't have their fights 5 seconds after they are announced.

[quote name='bg88']I'm just going to forfeit my fight to Gillums since we can't seem to be availabe at the same time, so just let Gillums advance.

P.S. I'm getting a little fucking tired of a few people in this thread constantly whining that some people can't get their fights in on time. I've been working a lot recently so I genuinely have not been able to get coordinated with my opponents. It actually has been a stretch for me to set up a possible 15 minute long fight. I'm genuinely sorry I haven't been able to be near my 360 24/7 the last couple weeks to get fights in and please everybody. Some people in here need to fucking realize that this tournament isn't the most important thing going on for some people right now. I'm trying to schedule fights around work, not schedule work around this tournament. So again some people in here should have a little fucking patience and not talk down people because they can't have their fights 5 seconds after they are announced.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried PM'ing Gillums to see if either of your schedules lined up at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back