CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

Eric Ortiz | Jackie Chan | KO Round 2 (2:03)

"Basically a dominant show by Ortiz. Chan's catch attempts were a tad bit early, leading to a lot of strikes landing. A transition reversal by Ortiz leading to a mount paved way to a KO victory."

Damn man, if I waited less than half a second to catch your strikes I would have at least reduced the number of successful strikes by half. I was consistently bringing my hands back down/up to my body as your strikes landed on my forearms. Oh well, nice job on the reversals. Your ground strategy definitely through me off since you were a lot more patient than last time with the transitions.

I think what caught me off guard most was the spinning kick ;)

Definitely hit me up if you want to spar some.

I'm thinking about redoing my MW guy yet again. Didn't really put much thought into my stat distribution, and made my standing strikes rated higher than my clinch grapling, which as a Muay Thai guy makes no sense.

Yeah spinning kicks are my thing in offline play, love em but since online ranges from kinda laggy to super laggy, its hard to set them up online.

And I was being patient with my strikes because I knew how good you were at catching them lol. Plus the match was kinda laggy for some reason huh. That might have helped me lol. GG though.

I guess we moved onto CAGFC5, but I just wanted to say that I never set anything up with my CAGFC4 opponent and I am now out of town. I'll be back over the weekend, but I guess that doesn't matter too much now. So CAGFC5 opponent, look for me sometime between Saturday and Monday. Sunday late would probably be the easiest.

[quote name='FowlBeast']Im glad to be on the card, but it seems a bit one sided The guy im fighting Ranked #2 in HW but a #13 in LHW, well good luck me

[/QUOTE]

Well, he is ranked 1 spot above you and you two are the only ones in the division with no fights under your belt, so it makes sense.

Hello everybody! Welcome to the official home of the CheapAssGamer
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

AP Press Release.
Small Light Smurf wins debut fight over Fowlbeast 4:31 seconds into round 1 via a knockout uppercut.

"I felt good today, real good. Since my brother retired due to injury I feel that I have to win for the both of us, you know carry out the Smurf name." Small Light Smurf made quick work of Fowlbeast delivering some brutal uppercuts in the clinch, as well as countering many of Beast's striking with top notch Judo throws. "Beast has a hell of a heavy hand so I knew I had to avoid getting hit by too many of em'. I have been working on countering strikers all summer so I felt pretty good coming into this match. I feel that I can dodge punches as well as Brittany Spears dodges parental responsibility."

After the match Smurf was seen moonwalking in the octagon to show respect for one of his child hood idols, when asked about it he replied, "Some people try to move like Ali when they fight, I try to dance like Michael. While you watching the feet.....I am cracking your teeth"

[quote name='whiptcracker']Matt Cracker l Jean Claude l Sub via Armbar Round 1 (unsure of time, I keep forgetting about that)[/QUOTE]

it was pretty damn quick!!

Gillums (for CAGFC5) and Cmoore58 (for CAGFC4) I'm back around my Xbox for a few days until I go out of town again so let me know if you guys may be available in the next few nights to get some fights in. PMing me would be the best way to let me know.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Gillums (for CAGFC5) and Cmoore58 (for CAGFC4) I'm back around my Xbox for a few days until I go out of town again so let me know if you guys may be available in the next few nights to get some fights in. PMing me would be the best way to let me know.[/QUOTE]

kinda late for cagfc 4 aint it?

I think when he put the card for CAG5 together, he did it with the understanding that some fights from CAG4 weren't finished, so if people are still able to finish them I don't see a problem.

it was pretty damn quick!!

Yeah, I didn't want to test my stand up vs yours. Honestly though, I never expected that sub to actually work. One of these times we'll have a fight go beyond the first round!

I'd like to enter a Lightweight fighter I've been taking through career:

Ash "Big Nesty" Cambell
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 155
Fighting Styles: Boxing/Judo
Current Overall: 87 (still have a year left of career however)

Big Nesty? Is he a bird? LOL, but seriously, did you merge Ash Williams, the character, with Bruce Campbell, the actor? Just curious.

Cgarb, as stated before, I am available today save for 5-8 P.M. Pacific time when I'll be watching the WWE pay per view.

[quote name='cgarb84']Alright, could you do it soon, before the PPV? Say maybe 3:30 your time (5:30 here)?[/QUOTE]

I was actually on the Xbox playing through career mode. Can you still play now?

Man, Nate must have been right about not playing the game. I only went for 2 days without playing before jumping on career earlier, but I just got beaten down in the CAGFC fight. 4 straight CAGFC losses. :(

Cung Le l Matt Young l Knockout (mounted punches)l 2:45 of Round 3

Good fight, man. Usually, people compliment me on my ground game, but yours was the best I've seen yet. Once you got me worn down from a couple mount beatdowns, I had to result to using riskier power moves. It didn't work.

Cung Le | Matt Young | KO at 2:45 of Round 3

Yeah it was definitely a good fight. I'd say we were pretty even everywhere we went, I was just able to get a couple key ground reversals and transitions that turned the tide. When you knocked me down with that uppercut at the end of the 2nd I was worried about how the judges were going to score that round, but in the end it didn't come into play. The fight was a little laggy for me, I think the only time I have fought a lag free match was when the other person was also in the Central Timezone. But otherwise good stuff.

I was hoping I'd get you with that knockdown, too, because you had already damaged me so much from that first mount.

I didn't notice much lag (though there was a little) until the 3rd round. That's when it started getting really choppy.

[quote name='Matt Young']Big Nesty? Is he a bird? LOL, but seriously, did you merge Ash Williams, the character, with Bruce Campbell, the actor? Just curious.

Cgarb, as stated before, I am available today save for 5-8 P.M. Pacific time when I'll be watching the WWE pay per view.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Those two and Big Bird.

[quote name='FowlBeast']Do you guys turn on the stamina bar? thats kinda cheap! HaHaHa! I gues as along as you don't sub spam it's cool[/QUOTE]

Make sense for subs, etc but there is no way to enforce it unless everyone takes a picture of their screen before the fight starts.

Chris Moore | Matt Domoracki| KO at 0:31 of Round 2

Chris and I did our CAGFC4 fight if it still counts. As shown above, he beat me with a nice knee to the face early in the second round. I'm still working on setting up my CAGFC5 fight. After that could I be off a card to work on my fighter for a few weeks? Well that and I've been out of town too.

Great fight homeland!
In his first title defense in his native Japan,
Mach Sakurai pulls it out with some vicious GnP.

Mach Sakurai | Jay See | KO | 3:49 Rd 1

After some feeling out on the feet, Jay See pulled a sweet leg grapple takedown.
Sakurai reversed from closed guard to side control, luckily secured full mount and rained down the damage to a quick KO.

Rematch soon?

Daniel Ortiz | Zippy D- Pinhead | KO | 0:39 Rd 2

In what proved to be a fatal mistake, Zippy's corner thought he could outmuscle Ortiz on his feet. The quicker, younger fighter made quick work of Zippy on the inside, peppering him with shots from all angles. Mercifully Zippy was knocked out cold at the start of RD 2.

Zippy has fired his corner, which was stretched thin managing their Champion Sakurai, and has vowed that the next time they meet in the Octogon it will be a different story...

Joey Acez|Manny Pacquia|Submission by Kimura|4:21 of Round 1

Thanks for the matchup seen, glad we finally got our schedules aligned

AP- Results in from CAGFC5 in Japan

LW title-eliminator
Joey Acez | Manny Pacquiao | Submission(Kimura) | 4:21 Round 1
This fight was a quick one, from the start Acez spams flying knees and head kicks as though it were going out of style, able to get a take down only to be forced up. Pacman tries to rally back by taking it to the ground and attempting a kneebar; Acez escapes to his feet and spams more kicks(no punches were thrown)then goes for the takedown and finishes with a Kimura.

LHW Rematch - Rumble in Japan
Roy Jones Jr. | Jason Hart | Submission(Kimura) | 3:55 Round 1
Anticipated rematch between two fierce competitors who brawled in CAGFC2, with RJJ getting the better of Hart via KO in round 3.
The fight started with both fighters trading punches(looked like both fighers were warming up with their boxing camps). Hart respected his opponent as they both traded glancing blows. Jones watching fellow boxer Pacquiao suffer another loss via tapout decided that was not happening to him. Roy quickly got in the clinch and wore down Hart fast, after a quick leg sweep Roy was able to pass to side control and performed a Kimura to force Jason to tap.

Side note, Sherdog was unable to make the trip to Japan to cover this fight as they are preparing for UFC 100.

[quote name='seen']AP- Results in from CAGFC5 in Japan
Roy Jones Jr. | Jason Hart | Submission(Kimura) | 3:55 Round 1
Anticipated rematch between two fierce competitors who brawled in CAGFC2, with RJJ getting the better of Hart via KO in round 3.
The fight started with both fighters trading punches(looked like both fighers were warming up with their boxing camps). Hart respected his opponent as they both traded glancing blows. Jones watching fellow boxer Pacquiao suffer another loss via tapout decided that was not happening to him. Roy quickly got in the clinch and wore down Hart fast, after a quick leg sweep Roy was able to pass to side control and performed a Kimura to force Jason to tap. [/QUOTE]

Nice job man I suck at this. I'm just going to be Glass Joe for everyone. I'm embarrassed that I have the worst record in all 5 divisions. I'm really depressed that I can't get a win on here, yet I'm 7-5 in ranked against non CAG's. Will I ever be out of the bottom of the division at this rate?!

You got me in the submission and I was jamming buttons thinking that would be the easiest way to get out but it did nothing for me.

Went back into career mode after this, got my guy to 80 overall now (in Nov. of year 6 on career.)

Matched up for UFC via Goozex, so I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of the CAGFC. Can't wait to make my debut.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Will I ever be out of the bottom of the division at this rate?!......

You got me in the submission and I was jamming buttons thinking that would be the easiest way to get out but it did nothing for me.
[/QUOTE]

Heh, I feel your pain having my own troubles due to being under stat'd and felt a little bad doing the submission. It is a frustrating way to lose and I believe has a lot to do with the stats not the actual fight itself.

[quote name='JJSP']Matched up for UFC via Goozex, so I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of the CAGFC. Can't wait to make my debut.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. We can finally play each other after nearly a year of being on each other's friend lists, LOL.

Seen, what are your sub stats? I'm an 88 for both sub offense and defense.

Watch out welterweights!! Jeremy Hands of stone Hill is training his protege, Bill Brasky,to dominate the WW division you've been warned. P.S. I love this site

Alright,

I just got this game yesterday, but I'm always up for a challenge. Actually, I really suck atm...oh well, it's fun n' games :)

Name: Cody Ash
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 235
Fighting Styles: Boxing/Wrestling
Overall Rating:

gt: pulawman

I just finished career mode tonight, final ranking is 87.

I think the only requirement for the Hall of Fame achievement is getting 100K rep. I was 29-6 with all wins being KO's, and didn't get the grappling trophy or a submission of the night. I did have two separate 10-win streaks (including a 16-win streak once I won the title and retired with it.)

I was told you had to have submission and decision wins in addition to KO wins but that seems to be false.

My new welterweight!
Name:Bill Brasky .......That good ole' son of a bitch
Height:5'11"
Weight:170
Fighting Styles:Kickboxing\BJJ
Overall Rating:

Is there a reason why ReiTuoRNhoJ and myself can't get into each others matches? We have tried numerous times and once we get the invite it says the game is no longer there. We have tried this so many times that it's starting to get annoying really. My routers settings are pretty much all open and everything.

Hey DarkTower, let me know when you're available. I've been a little busy this week, not had a ton of time to get on for an extended period of time the last two days.

I'll be available tonight and for a good chunk of the evening tomorrow, as well.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Is there a reason why ReiTuoRNhoJ and myself can't get into each others matches? We have tried numerous times and once we get the invite it says the game is no longer there. We have tried this so many times that it's starting to get annoying really. My routers settings are pretty much all open and everything.
[/QUOTE]

One of you needs to enable upnp on your router as you both have strict firewall settings. If neither of you know how shoot me a pm, and well coordinate so I can assist via aim.

FowlBeast, please re-read the OP as you can only have one fighter until you meet the requirements.

I can connect to anybody but him. Hell you can ask almost everybody here actually. I have had some good matches and laggy matches, But I still connected none the less. I know some of you can vouch for that.

One of you needs to enable upnp on your router as you both have strict firewall settings. I had the same issue with him but could host after enabling upnp.

bread's done
Back