CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

[quote name='FowlBeast']I keep trying to contact him. Do I get another fight if he's a no show?[/QUOTE]

A new opponent can only be given under 2 conditions.
1. Current opponent notifies us that his system has broken down (RRoD, e74, etc.)
2. Another fighter in your division is not on the current card and is willing to take the fight.

As it stands, even if JDM were to notify us that he had a system problem, unfortunately, there is nobody available for you to fight in your division. If by Thursday night at 11:59 PM EDT you have not heard from JDM, you'll be given a free win.

I hate that this happens, but that is why we have a suspension policy. JDM didn't have any problems getting his first 2 fights completed, so I hope there is not a more serious problem. For the time being, I think he at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, the OP is now updated with all results from CAGFC5 being finalized.

In CAGFC6 news, Gary Russell was able to successfully defend his Heavyweight title against Brandon Craig. Russell won the fight by TKO at 3:08 of the very first round. For anyone who hasn't noticed, Russell appears to be single-handedly wiping out the competition in the heavyweight division.

Former title holders Blake Garber and Big Black Smurf have retired from competition. And 5, yes, that's right, FIVE fighters are on the shelf due to various injuries. This reduces the number of currently active heavyweight fighters down to 6. With the numbers dwindling, will anyone ever step up to challenge Russell for his belt?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played for a few days, but I'm determined to finish out the remaining year and a half of career that's left for a man who has been referred to in the past as "the Nordic Negro Nutlicker."

(Just giving everyone else a little tease, Nate. Still a secret for now.)

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't played for a few days, but I'm determined to finish out the remaining year and a half of career that's left for a man who has been referred to in the past as "the Nordic Negro Nutlicker."

(Just giving everyone else a little tease, Nate. Still a secret for now.)[/QUOTE]

I'll be waiting. I'm actually scared for this Play N Trade UFC Tournament this coming Saturday. I think IF they decide to do middleweight, I'm done for as nobody has kickboxing/wrestling. I played maybe 4 rounds online this morning and got whooped badly. Sucks honestly. Wish I could use my Created Fighter. Blah.

can we fight with retired fighters? I'm on my last fight in career mode, but if we can't I'll hold off on playing it another further until the next fight.

[quote name='cashHD']can we fight with retired fighters? I'm on my last fight in career mode, but if we can't I'll hold off on playing it another further until the next fight.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're asking if created fighters are allowed in this league, or if you're able to play as those fighters at all in the game after you retire them. The answer to both questions is yes. Most of us in this league have retired our guys. I'm waiting to retire my heavyweight before I even enter him into competition.

[quote name='cashHD']can we fight with retired fighters? I'm on my last fight in career mode, but if we can't I'll hold off on playing it another further until the next fight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, retired career fighters can still be used in both exhibition and online play. In fact, we require that you use a career based fighter in CAGFC, so having him retired (and therefore, at his peak in terms of stats) is to your advantage. That's why there are fighters in CAGFC with ratings of 99, 100, and 101. Any fighter with that high of a rating who has not earned it by going through career mode is illegal.

Hey guys,

I was out of town on a family emergency so I have been pretty much cut off from live/internet for about 10 days. I apologize for those who had been scheduled to fight me, but rest assured I'm back.

Thank you for the concern fellas, let's get it on!

Yo, me and Tough might need a little more time beacuse I am unexpectedly going out of town this weekend and we might miss each other.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yo, me and Tough might need a little more time beacuse I am unexpectedly going out of town this weekend and we might miss each other.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, there will be no more deadline extensions. It creates too many problems when setting matchups for the next card, and it makes things harder to keep up with. Besides, the deadline is Thursday (7/9) at 11:59 PM EDT. If you're going out of town this weekend, there's still time to get it in.

Mach Sakurai | Codi Garber | KO | 4:06 Rd 2

Great fight! Excellent takedowns by Garber, but kept getting the reversals and pulling mount.
Garber minimized all damage from mount but tired himself out getting up, to me knocked out by a double dose of vicious head kicks.

Bring on the challengers!

Soodmeg, I will be on later today some more and also tomorrow night after 10pm Eastern for a few hours, we can definately get our fight in.

Mach Sakurai | Codi Garber | KO at 4:06 of Round 2

After this fight I realized I won't be able to beat your guy I don't think. Your stats are just way better than mine, so I think it's a lost cause at this point. Oh well, it looks like I will just be the Welterweight gatekeeper. :lol:

I can't seem to get in contact with my opponent (ReiTuoRNhoJ) for this weeks fight. I sent him a CAG PM the day the card went up, and just hit him with an XBL message. I saw that his previous fight ended in forfeit, so kinda lame if I can't get a fight in this week.

[quote name='xcoax']I can't seem to get in contact with my opponent (ReiTuoRNhoJ) for this weeks fight. I sent him a CAG PM the day the card went up, and just hit him with an XBL message. I saw that his previous fight ended in forfeit, so kinda lame if I can't get a fight in this week.[/QUOTE]

Thats my opponent as well.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Sorry, there will be no more deadline extensions. It creates too many problems when setting matchups for the next card, and it makes things harder to keep up with. Besides, the deadline is Thursday (7/9) at 11:59 PM EDT. If you're going out of town this weekend, there's still time to get it in.[/QUOTE]

Thats a little harsh actually man. Lets be realistic here, sure we are all pretty big gamers but lets not forget we are all busy and video games kinda fall by the wayside in many situations.Wives, school, kids, work, family all those things take up time.

I am sure me and Tough can get our game in but all leagues run into that same problem of members missing each other.

Its not that huge of a deal but I can forsee some problems done the line with some people.

[quote name='Tuffgong']Mach Sakurai | Codi Garber | KO | 4:06 Rd 2

Great fight! Excellent takedowns by Garber, but kept getting the reversals and pulling mount.
Garber minimized all damage from mount but tired himself out getting up, to me knocked out by a double dose of vicious head kicks.

Bring on the challengers!

Soodmeg, I will be on later today some more and also tomorrow night after 10pm Eastern for a few hours, we can definately get our fight in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I will be on tonight so we cant get it in.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Thats a little harsh actually man. Lets be realistic here, sure we are all pretty big gamers but lets not forget we are all busy and video games kinda fall by the wayside in many situations.Wives, school, kids, work, family all those things take up time.

I am sure me and Tough can get our game in but all leagues run into that same problem of members missing each other.

Its not that huge of a deal but I can forsee some problems done the line with some people.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean for it to be harsh, but come on man. Realistic? To keep this league running successfully, there have to be reasonable expectations on both ends. What you guys expect from me is to create the weekly cards, keep the OP up to date with records and rankings, and keep track of members to make sure they haven't abandoned CAGFC. What I expect of you is to find time for one 10-15 minute fight in a week's time. I don't think that's asking too much.

And sure, other leagues run into similar problems, but 99% of the time, those problems cause the leagues to fail. Not to mention, most of those leagues have the schedules pre-generated and the records updated automatically. I've gotta do all that myself. And in my opinion, although this is a simpler league structure, I feel it's far more advanced. It changes as we change. The top contenders square off EVERY WEEK. What other sports league offers that?

These past couple weeks, I've extended deadlines only because I wasn't available to enforce them. I didn't enjoy doing that though, because it created more work/thinking for me. It meant that there were unresolved fights while I was trying to draw up the next card. Some of these were even title fights, which made setting up the next title fight nearly impossible. As I've said, it just made keeping things organized a lot harder.

I know as well as anybody that life comes first, and people have things that come up. That's just the way life is. But I do not believe that altering the stability of CAGFC is an appropriate answer. If something comes up, and you are unable to complete your fight, just take the loss and move on. This is a sport where one loss means absolutely nothing. I think the most important thing in making sure CAGFC runs smoothly is that we're always moving forward. The only way to guarantee that is by having deadlines.

I know your concern was mainly for others who may have trouble with the deadlines, and all I can say about that is that each fighter's participation (or lack of participation) will be (and has been) evaluated. People who miss fights will stop getting fights. It's as simple as that.

[quote name='homeland']I've pm'ed my opponent and haven't heard back from him. Hopefully he'll read this and get in contact with me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xcoax']I can't seem to get in contact with my opponent (ReiTuoRNhoJ) for this weeks fight. I sent him a CAG PM the day the card went up, and just hit him with an XBL message. I saw that his previous fight ended in forfeit, so kinda lame if I can't get a fight in this week.[/QUOTE]

Routier posted this a couple pages back concerning his missed CAGFC5 fights and the upcoming CAGFC6 card.

[quote name='ReiTuoRNhoJ']ill take forefits on both of my cag 5 fights...didnt and dont really have time to get them in...but i should be good for the next card...just been a crazy week[/QUOTE]

I hope he's able to get these fights in because if not, I'll have to talk to him about being removed from future cards.

Congratulations to Mach Sakurai for notching his 4th straight victory and successfully defending his CAGFC Welterweight title! Sakurai defeated former champion Codi Garber by knockout at 4:06 of the second round. This was Garber's 2nd consecutive loss to Sakurai. The two last fought at CAGFC4, where Sakurai initially won the belt.

*Just a note to Codi and anyone else concerned about their level of competitiveness. I know it's not an appealing thought, but the prospect of taking your fighter through career mode again to improve his stats is always an option. Other than that, all I can stress is practice, practice, practice. It aint easy staying on top! :)

Matt Cracker | Brandon Haines | TKO | 3:44 of R1

I'm not happy at all. Not even 10 seconds into the match my fucking controller dies. You have one hell of a ground and pound, I'll give you that, but I didn't even get to fight. By the time my controller was back on you already had me mounted and a few big shots to the head and my stamina had drained. Can't wait for a rematch!

Matt Cracker l Brandon Haines l TKO (3:44 of R1) - LHW Championship

Whoooo!

Brandon tried two spinning backfists before I was able to take him down. Moved to mount and kept throwing punches to the ribs. Made a mistake and ended up in side mount, he swept, I swept back into side mount, then full mount, then back to the ribs until it got stopped.

[quote name='gamcreator']Matt Cracker | Brandon Haines | TKO | 3:44 of R1

I'm not happy at all. Not even 10 seconds into the match my fucking controller dies. You have one hell of a ground and pound, I'll give you that, but I didn't even get to fight. By the time my controller was back on you already had me mounted and a few big shots to the head and my stamina had drained. Can't wait for a rematch![/QUOTE]

Damn man! I was wondering why you were not doing anything for a moment. Can we do a redo? I like winning the title, but it doesn't seem right that way.

My cat ate my headset controller. I wish I'd known.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Damn man! I was wondering why you were not doing anything for a moment. Can we do a redo? I like winning the title, but it doesn't seem right that way.

My cat ate my headset controller. I wish I'd known.[/QUOTE]

If you guys want to do a redo, that's totally up to you. It sucks that that happened.

I can't play tonight but I should be free the majority of Wednesday and Thursday. Let me know sometime what will work for you over the next few days.

Small Light Smurf TKO over Tuff Pinhead (cant remember the exact name)

Pretty good match. Good game Tough.

Offered a redo, but bhaines turned me down. As with anyone on CAGFC I'm always up for some exhibition though.

I got lucky tonight. I look forward to the rematch.

Sadly enough I won the title, went on an 18 fight winning streak then got completely mauled by the next guy who didn't stop trash talking for even a second during the fight.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Offered a redo, but bhaines turned me down. As with anyone on CAGFC I'm always up for some exhibition though.

I got lucky tonight. I look forward to the rematch.

Sadly enough I won the title, went on an 18 fight winning streak then got completely mauled by the next guy who didn't stop trash talking for even a second during the fight.[/QUOTE]

All right, well, that works for me. Good for bhaines to just swallow the loss and chalk it up to "shit happens". I would equate something like that to losing because of a cut or an accidental eye poke or something. It's a tough loss, but it makes you that much hungrier to come back and go after the title again. It definitely sets up one hell of a rematch down the road though! :)

Congratulations to Matt Cracker for winning the Light Heavyweight title with his victory over Brandon Haines! It seemed like the third time was the charm for Cracker, who after suffering back to back title fight losses to Jean Claude (CAGFC1) and Michael Klein (CAGFC3) early in his career, was finally able to get over the hump against Haines.

The match was not without controversy, however, as early on, an accidental eye poke (also known as a dead controller in video game world) left Haines defenseless. Cracker seized the opportunity, and took his opponent down, throwing several body shots before gaining full mount. Haines struggled, but was unable to shake his oppressor, losing by TKO at 3:44 of round one.

After the fight, Haines was not happy about suffering his first loss in CAGFC. But he will surely use it as fuel to get himself back to the top of the Light Heavweight rankings. An explosive rematch is surely around the corner!

CONGRATS MATT!

Hello everybody! Welcome to the official home of the CheapAssGamer F
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Oh yeah I forgot to put the round and time, thats because we did like 4 rematch fights right after.

It was TKO Round 3 2:40.

Hey guys I finally got moved in but I have to retire both of my fighters. I won't have time to play due to busier workweeks for the next month or so. Thanks to all the peeps for the great matches and thanks to n8 for starting this awesome league!

[quote name='moonknight25']Hey guys I finally got moved in but I have to retire both of my fighters. I won't have time to play due to busier workweeks for the next month or so. Thanks to all the peeps for the great matches and thanks to n8 for starting this awesome league![/QUOTE]

Ah, that sucks that you won't have time to play the game anymore. But good luck with the new locale, and feel free to bring your fighters back at any time!

Now that I've had my 2nd fight I'ready to introduce......
My new welterweight!
Name:Bill Brasky .......That good ole' son of a bitch
Height:5'11"
Weight:170
Fighting Styles:Kickboxing\BJJ
Overall Rating:

fazfznz when do you want to play? I'm available anytime today or tomorrow after 7 p.m. central. Also sent you a message on Live.

My bad I thought I was fighting someone else this week and had sent a Live message last night to the wrong person.

Okay, that works.

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/blog-post/patch-update

What’s up guys, Neven here with an update on the patch for UFC 2009: Undisputed.

I want to thank all of you for the support in making UFC 2009: Undisputed such an amazing success. That being said I want to you to know we’ve been working hard on fixing some of the issues found in the online experience. Hit the jump for the list of fixes.

1. We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.

2. We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.

3. We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.

4. We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.

5. We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.

6. We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.

7. We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.

8. We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.

9. For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Rest assured our entire team plays A LOT of online matches and we read the boards every day, so we are well aware of the issues. We want to make sure we patch this correctly so it is taking a bit of time, but I can confidently say we’ll be releasing this patch soon.

Stay tuned and thanks again for your support.

Sincerely,
Neven Dravinski, UFC Producer

Eric Ortiz | Cung Le | KO at 4:48 of Round 1

Laggy as hell for me unfortunately. Seems like I have bad lag about 75% of the time. If it doesn't get any better after the patch comes out I might just end up retiring. But we will see what happens with the patch.

Eric Ortiz | Cung Le | KO at 4:48 of Round 1
Daniel Ortiz | Michael Klein | RNC Submission at 2:22 of Round 3

Hey I'm going to have to skip the next PPV. I am going on vacation for 2 weeks so maybe even next two. That includes my brother Daniel Ortiz in the LHW division. I'll post here when i'm back so I can make it to the next PPV. Thanks.

bread's done
Back