Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

I just played flybrione, and I barely got by with a 7-6 win. Brodeur earned himself a spot on the bench, both for the remainder of the previous game and the next.

[quote name='TJordan522']I just played flybrione, and I barely got by with a 7-6 win. Brodeur earned himself a spot on the bench, both for the remainder of the previous game and the next.[/QUOTE]

That was the best game I had all year and I still lost.

It been my happening all season. . .

I lose by 1, get my arse kicked or win by 1.

Nice game TJordan it was fun.

[quote name='sighlintbob']hey ajh i sent you a pm about our game. let me know something[/QUOTE]

I can do tonight after 11:00 pm est. or tomorrow after 10:00?

[quote name='ajh2298']I can do tonight after 11:00 pm est. or tomorrow after 10:00?[/QUOTE]

how about tomorrow at 10:30 pm?

i probably should have posted this earlier, but today's the last day to get your games in. i'll be updating tomorrow, so if anyone played and didn't have the game register, please let me know who won.

also, i played my game with bigdirty early this week, and squeeked by with a win in a very close game. he held the lead for a good portion of the game, but i managed to score a couple and tie it, and then the newest member of the detroit red wings, marian hossa, put in a goal late in the third, giving the red wings a 3-2 win and showed the san jose sharks what it's like to be hossafied.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i probably should have posted this earlier, but today's the last day to get your games in. i'll be updating tomorrow, so if anyone played and didn't have the game register, please let me know who won.

also, i played my game with bigdirty early this week, and squeeked by with a win in a very close game. he held the lead for a good portion of the game, but i managed to score a couple and tie it, and then the newest member of the detroit red wings, marian hossa, put in a goal late in the third, giving the red wings a 3-2 win and showed the san jose sharks what it's like to be hossafied.[/quote]

Don't forget to give the Thrashers and Maple Leafs a point for losing in the shootout in their respective games.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yes is there anyway you can post a standings list with OT and SOL points included?[/QUOTE]
i'll try to do that when i get home from work in a bit.

the problem is that i don't have the option to simulate a shoot out or over time loss, so only the games that registered will have those added in. in addition, i don't know if the game will take the amount of points a team has earned into consideration in the final season standings going into the playoffs, or if it will be strictly based on record (and who knows what the tie breaker will be if that's the case).

they really don't give me as much control over the league as i should have.

here's the update:

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 04/23/06

schedule: week twenty two

Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings
Colorado Avalanche @ San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings @ Atlanta Thrashers
Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils
Dallas Stars @ St. Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins
Nashville Predators @ Pittsburgh Penguins
---------------------------------
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Ottawa Senators
Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

ok, here's the league standings going by points earned. i'll include over time losses and overall points, since you guys can see your win/loss record on the league site.

1. New Jersey - 0 OTL - 38 pts
2. Detroit - 2 OTL - 34 pts
3. Atlanta - 1 OTL - 33 pts
4. Nashville - 0 OTL - 30 pts
5. Philadelphia - 4 OTL - 30 pts
6. St. Louis - 0 OTL - 24 pts
7. Boston - 1 OTL - 23 pts
8. Tampa Bay - 0 OTL - 22 pts
--------------
9. pittsburgh - 2 OTL - 20 pts
10. Colorado - 1 OTL - 19 pts
11. Montreal - 0 OTL - 18 pts
12. Toronto - 2 OTL - 18 pts
13. LA - 1 OTL - 15 pts
14. San Jose - 0 OTL - 14 points
15. Chicago - 1 OTL - 13 pts
16. 0 OTL - 10 pts

if you know you have more overtime losses than what the standings show, that means they must have come in a game that didn't register. unfortunately, i can't do anything about that, as they don't give me the option of awarding overtime losses.

in addition, i sent atlanta a trade offer.

[quote name='thatstoobad']in addition, i sent atlanta a trade offer.[/quote]

I saw your offer. I've got a couple of other deals in the works right now, but I will consider your offer.

[quote name='Brad906']I played ajh earlier today and won. Good game![/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry I couldnt give you a better game.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah, sorry I couldnt give you a better game.[/QUOTE]

You put up a good fight! I think you had 50 or so shots on me...and most of my goals were lucky slapshots and rebounds.

Scott Clemmensen, after coming off of the bench in the Devils' previous game (stopping 2 of 2 shots) got the start this week against the Philadelphia Flyers. He made 18 saves to shut out Cheapy D's squad by a score of 2-0.

[quote name='repetske']Is Matt still not available?[/QUOTE]
i don't think so. isn't there a way to see when the last time someone logged in was by looking at their profile? i thought there was, but if it's there i'm completely missing it.

good game thatstoobad - god i love that Chris Osgood.

1st and 2nd period were interesting... 3rd was just horrible, for me atleast.

Won my game tonight 5-3, but it looks like it didnt register. Was a great game with me being up 3-1 in the third and Radjago tieing the game with a hat trick from Arnott. Then I poked home a goal and scored an empty net goal for the 5-3 win. Great game dude and hope u get better soon.

[quote name='METH']good game thatstoobad - god i love that Chris Osgood.

1st and 2nd period were interesting... 3rd was just horrible, for me atleast.[/QUOTE]
yeah really. it was a really good and close game and then osgood crapped out so bad it even pissed me off.

[quote name='thatstoobad']yeah really. it was a really good and close game and then osgood crapped out so bad it even pissed me off.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't believe it!!! man... every shot from the blue line would go in!

[quote name='thatstoobad']i was ahead 2-1 going into the third, but osgood let in 5 goals in the third making it 7-1.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that does hurt. You keep getting these wins that you end up hating as much as the losing person lol.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Damn, that does hurt. You keep getting these wins that you end up hating as much as the losing person lol.[/quote]

If he can make you believe that, maybe you'd be interested in some ocean front property in Arizona.

He apologized all last season for being in first place the entire regular season. ;)

[quote name='thatstoobad']i was ahead 2-1 going into the third, but osgood let in 5 goals in the third making it 7-1.[/QUOTE]

yea thats it... osgood was weaaaaaaak in the third...

You can bet i won't pick the Montreal Canadiens next season. I'm done with them.
Also - i hope more people make trades and deal players because it seems that there's only 4 of us (jordan, thatstoobad and repetske) who check out the trade proposals...

[quote name='repetske']If he can make you believe that, maybe you'd be interested in some ocean front property in Arizona.

He apologized all last season for being in first place the entire regular season. ;)[/QUOTE]

HAHA, at least he owned all basically in that league. This year I know I've had two games against him that I've stepped up in just to lose to weak shots.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']HAHA, at least he owned all basically in that league. This year I know I've had two games against him that I've stepped up in just to lose to weak shots.[/quote]

You just can't fear thatstoobad. I was terrified the first time I played against him and lost. Actually I lost my first regular season game, and then I lost in 2OT in one of the tourneys in the 3rd game of our 3-game series. Now, I think I've rattled of 4 or 5 in a row dating back to last year's finals. Until recently, me, thatstoobad, and Jordan had a little hockey triangle going, where I would be beat thatstoodbad, thatstoobad would beat Jordan, and Jordan would beat me. It was very funny. I think Jordan screwed that up and beat thatstoobad though. ;)

And Meth is right. I love that I've assembled a collection of Canadiens, Lightning, and a few Thrashers players to boot. Trades are a lot of fun.

my weak goals and i are going all the way. maybe.

i'm not going to be able to advance the schedule until late this evening, so try to get some games in if you can, or post the results of any games that didn't register.

four weeks left. that's one month, though it'll end up being like one month and 4 days with the way things work. either way, it's time to make that last playoff push for toronto, pittsburgh, colorado, montreal, tampa bay, and boston. new jersey, detroit, atlanta, nashville and philadelphia have clinched a spot in the post season, and although it is possible for st. louis to fall out of the top 8, it seems very unlikely, though another win will take all the chance out of it.

i did my best with the multitude of simulated games, if the results make anyone sad, i apologize.

here's the update:

LINK TO LEAGUE WEBSITE:
http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

PLAY BY DATE: 05/01/06

schedule: week twenty three

Chicago Blackhawks @ San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues @ Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Los Angeles Kings
Montreal Canadiens @ Dallas Stars
Boston Bruins @ Atlanta Thrashers
Tampa Bay Lightning @ New Jersey Devils
Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings
Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche
----------------------------------
Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres
New York Rangers @ Anaheim Mighty Ducks

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

I am going to be away Friday 4/28 to Thursday 5/4, so I'll need to get my game in this week between Monday and Thursday. I'm going to go PM my opponent now...

[quote name='dafoomie']Why am I down for a loss in my last game? I won in OT.[/QUOTE]
probably because the game didn't register and no one posted the results, so i coin flipped the winner myself.

i'll fix it.

Just to let everybody know I am having problems with my Verizon DSL Internet
Connection, they are looking into it but so far they cant figure out the problem. I know I play Matt this week and he still has no internet so this week is not a problem but maybe next week there might be a issue with getting my game in.

I sent tojo a PM yesterday but haven't heard yet. Only 2 more days left where I'll be available to play...I leave for Dallas Friday morning.

Sighlintbob and I are set to play Thursday at 10 PM EST. If for some reason it doesn't work out, I'll have to forfeit, since I leave Friday morning.

Me and dafoomie should be playing tonight unless something happens. I wonder if games will start registering more consistently now that they have overhauled the league sites. I noticed we now have a draft feature available. I would really like to do a league with drafted players.

[quote name='repetske']Me and dafoomie should be playing tonight unless something happens. I wonder if games will start registering more consistently now that they have overhauled the league sites. I noticed we now have a draft feature available. I would really like to do a league with drafted players.[/QUOTE]
i'd really like having a small league (like 8-10 teams max) that we could do over the summer with a draft, but we'll have to wait until i win this league before we can get started on another league.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i'd really like having a small league (like 8-10 teams max) that we could do over the summer with a draft, but we'll have to wait until i win this league before we can get started on another league.[/QUOTE]

8 teams... + a draft/more league's website updates/trades = i'm in !

[quote name='thatstoobad']i'd really like having a small league (like 8-10 teams max) that we could do over the summer with a draft, but we'll have to wait until i win this league before we can get started on another league.[/quote]

You're getting as old and demented as your boy Stevie Y.

Radjago and i got our game in and guess what???? IT REGISTERED!!!

It was a great game, Radjago and his stars cameback in the third to make it 4-3 Habs...but then rookie Chris Higgins scored the nail in the coffin ;)

bread's done
Back