Caghl 2k6 - *Congrats to TJordan522, the 2k6 Champ*

[quote name='thatstoobad']radjago and i played our game earlier today. it was laggy, as all of my games have been lately, so i'm pretty sure it's some sort of problem on my end. my XBL connection has been pretty weak ever since i moved. my set up is different now, so i'll have to figure out what the problem is.

anyways, it was a really close game, back and forth the whole way through. with 2 minutes of game time left, datsyuk got a break away, which i was luckily able to cash in on and get the game winner. the final score was 4-3.[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

At least the lag was consistent. 5 second time-outs every few minutes. Great game anyway.

New Jersey beat Nashville in a defensive, 1-0 OT victory yesterday. Viktor Kozlov slid the puck past Marty Turco on a breakaway 36 seconds into the extra period. Scott Clemmensen made 42 saves for his second consecutive shutout and his third in the past four games, creating quite a dilemma for NJ coach/GM Jordan Wompierski, who does not yet know what goalie he will start in the playoffs. The Devils carry a 16 game winning streak into the playoffs, one away from an NHL record.

Here are the new standings:

new jersey-------48
detroit-------------42
atlanta------------41
nashville----------39
philadelphia------32
st. louis-----------30
tampa bay-------26
boston------------25
pittsburgh-------24
toronto-----------21
montreal---------20
san jose---------18
chicago-----------15
dallas-------------12

[quote name='thatstoobad']good to see you back. it's too bad you had to move (i think you moved, right?), since you were one of the people who was actually into the league. it's cool though, at least you got your connection back, and there's always next season.[/QUOTE]

That's right. I did move from California to Illinois on March 8th. Aside from the fact that, 4 days after I returned, tornadoes fucked up 1/3 of the city (during the last week of winter, no less) and then we got a blizzard during the first week of spring, things have been going very well. I've met up with old friends, made new ones, have several prospects in the female department, and I've been attending wrestling shows and even training a little. I've been working out for 3 months now as well, and I have gained 20 pounds.

But enough about me. Bob mentioned a summer league... if you run one, I'd like to be in for sure.

[quote name='thatstoobad']
i don't know man. i'm probably going to get a Wii as soon as i can, but i'm still waiting on the 360. i'll end up getting it at some point, but i don't know if i'll have it by fall.[/QUOTE]

I will most likely pick up a Wii has well. Not sure if 2ksports is going to release a Wii version of NHL 2K7 though...

And Jordan is right, the 2k6 was indeed atrocious, this explains why i didn't buy the game in the first place. I could consider going back to EA - but we'll see ;)

[quote name='TJordan522']Any updates on this week's games?[/quote]

I played with Cheapy last night. Atlanta prevailed 4-1. It was low scoring early, but Philly couldn't get anything going on offense.

new jersey-------48
atlanta------------43
detroit-------------42
nashville----------39
philadelphia------32
st. louis-----------30
tampa bay-------26
boston------------25
pittsburgh-------24
toronto-----------21
montreal---------20
san jose---------18
chicago-----------15
dallas-------------12

I thought me and Meth were meeting at 10:00 tonight, he was on XBL but was downloading from the marketplace. I sent him 2 messages one via my X-Box and one via X-Box.com.

Me and Meth played are game tonight and Penguins kept their slim chances of making the playoffs alive with a 6-3 win. Mario stepped up with a 3 point night(2g 1a) and John Leclair scored on a beauty of a slapper over the glove hand of Habs goalie Christopher Huet.

Also after the game Aleksey Morozov(8g 4a +7 2shg) was named team MVP for the season.

The Pittsburgh win puts the team in the 8th and final playoff spot, pending the rest of the Boston Bruins game.

New Jersey-------48
Atlanta------------43
Detroit-------------42
Nashville----------39
Philadelphia------32
St. Louis-----------30

Tampa Bay-------26
Pittsburgh-------26

Boston------------25

Toronto-----------21
Montreal---------20
San Jose---------18
Chicago-----------15
Dallas-------------12

Thanks for the great season guys.

My habs didn't make it to the playoffs but hey, i had fun anyways. Thanks to thatstoobad, once again good job being the league administrator.

Repetske, TJordan: its always a pleasure playing against you guys!

I doubt i will get the xbox version of 2K7 but will most likely get the 360 version. TJordan - let me know if you start a 360 league.

And to all my other opponents, you've all been great sports... thanks for bearing with my french-canadian accent ;)

I'll second Meth's sentiments. Even though I rarely won games, I had a lot of close games and had fun with every one of them. I'm not sure if I'll get 2K7 for any platform. Maybe if 2K sports gets their act together and puts out a game with less bugs I'll consider it. If I do, I'll be sure to join the league.

i'll chime in and say that this was another good year for the league. i know that i had a lot of close games, and although i have a pretty good record to end the season, it really could have ended up a lot different if a few goals had gone the other way.

it sucks that we had to have so many teams drop out, but it didn't turn out to be too bad. i think the fact that half the games didn't register on the league site is far worse than the teams dropping out. 2k games did some neat things with the online controls over the XBL leagues, it's just too bad that they didn't focus on having the games actually show up. i'm really hoping this problem will get fixed on the next release.

all that being said, we still have the playoffs coming up. unfortunately, i am without the internet at home right now. i'm at a friend's house right now, and i don't really have the time to update the schedule. i should have internet access back at home in a few days (at the most), and when i do i'll take care of the schedule.

[quote name='METH']Thanks for the great season guys.

My habs didn't make it to the playoffs but hey, i had fun anyways. Thanks to thatstoobad, once again good job being the league administrator.

Repetske, TJordan: its always a pleasure playing against you guys!

I doubt i will get the xbox version of 2K7 but will most likely get the 360 version. TJordan - let me know if you start a 360 league.

And to all my other opponents, you've all been great sports... thanks for bearing with my french-canadian accent ;)[/quote]

Thanks Meth, it's always fun to play. I just got my 360, so I should be up for a 360 league next year. Although my new system doesn't play games on dics currently, I'm sure I'll have a replacement by the time we all play. Demos and XBLA sure are fun though. ;)

ok, well i generated the playoff bracket, and guess what? the 2k6 stuff sucks. hard. it didn't take overtime losses into account. even worse, IT PUT A TEAM WITH NO USER IN THE PLAYOFFS. last year, it skipped over the teams with no users. apparently last year's game was better.

so, since pittsburgh was SUPPOSED to have the 8th and final spot, and ottawa is currently in the 8th and final spot, i dropped ajh2298 from pittsburgh and sent him an invite to join as the ottawa owner, i hope this is ok with him. also, the first round matchups with detroit v. the blues and nashville v. the flyers got messed up since the game didn't take OTLs into account. whatever. here's round one of the playoffs:

new jersey (1) vs ottawa (8)
atlanta (2) vs tampa bay (7)
detroit (3) vs philadelphia (6)
nashville (4) vs st. louis (5)

also, the way the brackets are set up, the winner of new jersey/ottawa will play the winner of nashville/st. louis. the winner of detroit/philadelphia will play the winner of atlanta/tampa bay.

each series is best of 5. so good luck to everyone.

i kind of hate the 2k developers.

I was afraid that stuff was going to happen. They should just let you set the seeds yourself to fix all that crap. Oh well. At least you know that no one is going to blame you.

what i don't get is how they can give the admin so much control over the regular season, but give very little over the playoffs. i could edit the regular season schedule, edit the game result, and even set the schedule back a week if something was messed up. then the playoffs start, and not only am i unable to to edit the playoff brackets, but i'm unable to set the schedule back and edit some game results so the playoffs end up looking the way they should.

i just rechecked it, since it was pretty late when i advanced it last night and i was kind of tired, so i thought i may have missed something. unfortunately i didn't, so this is how it has to be i guess.

Heads up to everyone in the league.

Pricegrabber is offering a $5 bonus for reviews of NHL 2K6 for Xbox. They require you submit a review to the site and mail a copy of the UPC and a copy of your original receipt along with the completed form.

Bonus offer request form

so cheapy and i played our series. it was a short but very competitive series, where i was able to get the "sweep" with some very lucky breaks.

i know jordan (and brad?) are gone for a little while longer, so hopefully we'll haev the first round wrapped up some time next week.

[quote name='TJordan522']Just got home! I'll work on getting my series played.[/QUOTE]

Since you're back, that means Brad is back too right? I sent him a PM when we advanced to the playoffs and just gotta wait to hear from him.

[quote name='TJordan522']Just got home! I'll work on getting my series played.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty much much open to playing anytime after 4:15 pm est to about 11:00 pm, but between 4:15 and 6:15 would be my best time to play.

Just as sort of an update on things, Brad and I played Game 1 last night (I won 5-3, my biggest upset to date) and I had to run out to meet some friends after it but we're playing more tonight. I have nothing in the way tonight so I can finish the rest of the games if he can.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Just as sort of an update on things, Brad and I played Game 1 last night (I won 5-3, my biggest upset to date) and I had to run out to meet some friends after it but we're playing more tonight. I have nothing in the way tonight so I can finish the rest of the games if he can.[/QUOTE]

Game 2 just ended, with Nashville winning the game 8-3 and knotting the series up at 1 game a piece.

An interesting observation I had....both goalies had nearly identical save percentages of .890 and .892.

Game 3: 9-5 Preds

Good game gomer...once again, our goalies had identical save percentages. I gess it comes down to volume of shots on net.

And Nashville wins three straight to take the series.

Good job gomer! The games were a lot closer than some of the scores, you were a great opponent.

Dude, I'm sorry if I'm wrong in feeling this way but every time the game was paused, it felt like someone else was playing the game, and by the end of the night I even said to myself at a pause (I bet its gonna be that opposite pace). There were things that felt vastly different each time between, what felt like, the two play styles I saw. One style was much slower paced, sending lots of net crashes, and sat back a little more on D. The other style seemed to go fast pace, did a juke move to get an advantage on break aways, dumped the puck over my guys more often than not, and tried for more hits on D which got my guys around them. I dont mind losing cause I never thought I'd even pull off that one win, but even in the game one win, the pace all felt the same through out. With tonights games, after pauses, it seemed like it switched each time. Just my feelings on tonights play, good games.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Dude, I'm sorry if I'm wrong in feeling this way but every time the game was paused, it felt like someone else was playing the game, and by the end of the night I even said to myself at a pause (I bet its gonna be that opposite pace). There were things that felt vastly different each time between, what felt like, the two play styles I saw. One style was much slower paced, sending lots of net crashes, and sat back a little more on D. The other style seemed to go fast pace, did a juke move to get an advantage on break aways, dumped the puck over my guys more often than not, and tried for more hits on D which got my guys around them. I dont mind losing cause I never thought I'd even pull off that one win, but even in the game one win, the pace all felt the same through out. With tonights games, after pauses, it seemed like it switched each time. Just my feelings on tonights play, good games.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that...I didn't mean to disrupt the flow of the game or anything, I just was changing songs on Itunes.

I'm finally back online after what seems like an eternity. I should be able to get my series in with silencer in the next day or so.

[quote name='repetske']I still think Brad and Jordan are the same person. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol....here's Brad and I at prom two weeks ago. He's real! I swear!

332c213b.jpg

Me and TJordan522 played 2 of our games today and he had easy victories in both, I really cant stand playing with the Senators so if its ok I would like to forfeit game 3 to the Devils.

Uhhh I'd kind of like to play it...but oh well. Whatever.

I don't really think you lost because you were playing as the Sens though.

Damn. I was thinking he might give Jordan a run for his money using the Sens. Great offense, defense, and the best goalie in the game. Still trying to work something out with sighlintbob.

When do we need to get our series completed? He's out of town for wedding this weekend I think.

Hasek really stunk in the 2 games we played, give me MAF or T-Bo anyday. I was just so used to using the speed of the Penguins(i.e. Palffy, Fata, Morozov, and Koltzov) to overcome their lack of overall talent and skill. The Senators skated so slow it threw my game all out of whack.

well.......

on one side of the bracket, we'll see new jersey face nashville in the second round, so much like the american civil war, we will see brother fight against brother in an epic battle. on the other side, detroit is still waiting on their second round opponent. with the series tied at one game a piece, we may be waiting even longer. chances are that this is a strategic ploy that both atlanta and tampa bay agreed upon, attempting to cool off the red hot red wings, the team who will face the winner of the series.

Series decided. Atlanta in 4 games. The deciding game was won after coming back from a 4-1 deficit with 9:00 minutes remaining in the 3rd to win 5-4. We also had 2 OT games. Great series sighlintbob.

As far as stall tactics go....is Steve Yzerman or Chris Chelios dead yet?

Oh, and as far as the "brother against brother", how is Jordan going to do this? Use one controller in his hands and the other with his feet just to hit the A button and pass it out from the Nashville goalie?

[quote name='repetske']Series decided. Atlanta in 4 games. The deciding game was won after coming back from a 4-1 deficit with 9:00 minutes remaining in the 3rd to win 5-4. We also had 2 OT games. Great series sighlintbob.

Oh, and as far as the "brother against brother", how is Jordan going to do this? Use one controller in his hands and the other with his feet just to hit the A button and pass it out from the Nashville goalie?[/QUOTE]

Indeed...it was a great series! Good luck to those still in!

[quote name='repetske']Series decided. Atlanta in 4 games. The deciding game was won after coming back from a 4-1 deficit with 9:00 minutes remaining in the 3rd to win 5-4. We also had 2 OT games. Great series sighlintbob.

Oh, and as far as the "brother against brother", how is Jordan going to do this? Use one controller in his hands and the other with his feet just to hit the A button and pass it out from the Nashville goalie?[/QUOTE]
too bad the games won't register on the league site, i'd like to see how many empty net goals are scored for new jersey.

as fas yzerman and chelios are concerned, i'd be worried if i were you. those guys are so hyped up from all the centrum silver they've been taking that their shots will be hard enough to knock your goalie back into the net if he gets in the way.

i forgot i had to advance it. i guess i'll do it now.

you think you can play any games today? i'll be free until 9 PM tonight. if not, we'll probably have to wait until after the weekend to get going.

I have tennis right after work, but there's a chance I could squeeze in a game or two between 7:30 and 8:30. I'll look for you on AIM when I get done with tennis to see if you are around.

Guys, lets be serious. I will not be scoring any empty net goals or playing against myself. I will simply decide on how I would like to win the series and post the "results." I'm thinking NJ in 5.

bread's done
Back