CAGHL 2k7 - League Champion: Thatstoobad (Nashville Predators)

thatstoobad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
LEAGUE SITE: http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=65642

League Champion:
Nashville Predators (thatstoobad)

Playoffs - Finals:
Nashville (1) vs. Ottawa (5)

Playoffs - Semifinals:
Nashville (1) vs. St. Louis (7)
Ottawa (5) vs. Philadelphia (6)

Playoffs - Round One:
Nashville (1) vs. Chicago (8)
Buffalo (2) vs. St. Louis (7)
Carolina (3) vs. Philadelphia (6)
Pittsburgh (4) vs. Ottawa (5)

Final Standings:
1. Nashville: 17-0-1 (35 pts)
2. Buffalo: 14-4-0 (28 pts)
3. Carolina: 12-5-1 (25 pts)
4. Pittsburgh: 12-6-0 (24 pts)
5. Ottawa: 11-5-2 (24 pts)
6. Philadelphia: 11-5-2 (24 pts)
7. St. Louis: 11-7-0 (22 pts)
8. Chicago: 8-10-0 (16 pts)
9. Anaheim: 7-9-2 (16 pts)
10. Atlanta: 6-11-1 (13 pts)
11. Columbus: 6-12-0 (12 pts)
12. Calgary: 5-11-2 (12 pts)
13. Colorado: 3-13-2 (8 pts)
14. Washington: 3-14-1 (7 pts)

Player List (XBL names are in parentheses):
Anaheim Ducks - scp89 (PrineTime 360)
Atlanta Thrashers - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)
Buffalo Sabres - repetske (Silencer)
Calgary Flames - rscaramelo (nerevfan)
Carolina Hurricanes - monsta mack (Jagr69)
Chicago Blackhawks - flybrione (BigMes)
Colorado Avalanche - stevemcq (SteveMcQ)
Columbus Blue Jackets - magiic (blackmagiic)
Nashville Predators - thatstoobad (AccordionWolf)
Ottawa Senators - amicus - (Amicus33)
Philadelphia Flyers - cheapyd (CheapyD)
Pittsburgh Penguins - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
St. Louis Blues - msuhitman (MSUHitman)
Washington Capitals - iceburgh (The IceBurgh)

Count me and the Buffalo Sabres or Atlanta Thrashers in as well. Sorry I was so slow to reply. My workplace now blocks cheapassgamer's forum page.

i guess i'll mention that i'll probably take detroit again this year, but i may change my mind.

we only need four more people to get the league going (though i'd prefer a 12 team league as opposed to 10). i'm kind of surprised at what seems to be the lack of interest, but it hasn't been that long yet i guess.

Avalanche or Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. How did I not see this before? Surprised that there aren't more replies either as the 2K5 and 2K6 leagues went well.

I'm interested but I need to know how this works since I've never done an online league before. I also need to grab the game :) . I've been looking for a deal for awhile but may run down to Gamestop on payday and pay full price. I've had the past 2 XBox versions but have since upgraded to 360. I'd want the Bruins if available.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']I'm interested but I need to know how this works since I've never done an online league before. I also need to grab the game :) . I've been looking for a deal for awhile but may run down to Gamestop on payday and pay full price. I've had the past 2 XBox versions but have since upgraded to 360. I'd want the Bruins if available.

RC[/quote]2K has the best online league implementation in their games so it'll be a breeze. The league admin will set up a league, you'll have your choice of teams and a schedule will be generated. Just set up the game time with your opponent, hop on Live when you have a game scheduled and that's that.

ok, so we only need a few more players, then we can get things going. hopefully sighlintbob will be into it. i sent tjordan a PM about the league when i made the first post, but he can only play in the league for about a month and a half, which unfortunately won't work.

rscaramelo: like stevemcq said, it's really easy to play in the league. let me know when you get the game and if you are in for sure.

amicus: let me know which hockey game you end up getting and if you want to play in the league.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, so we only need a few more players, then we can get things going. hopefully sighlintbob will be into it. i sent tjordan a PM about the league when i made the first post, but he can only play in the league for about a month and a half, which unfortunately won't work.

rscaramelo: like stevemcq said, it's really easy to play in the league. let me know when you get the game and if you are in for sure.

amicus: let me know which hockey game you end up getting and if you want to play in the league.[/QUOTE]

I'll have the game by this weekend, so count me in. I'd like the Bruins. If they're not available, please give me Calgary.

thanks,

RC

it looks like we have 8 people that want to play, and that's good enough for me. if you guys would prefer to wait a bit longer to see if we get more people, that's fine, but if not, i'm going to go ahead and try to get the league started (though that probably won't happen today. maybe tomorrow, or possibly monday).

i think i've decided on nashville, by the way.

[quote name='rscaramelo']No I need to learn the game! I haven't played much video hockey since NHL 95 on Genesis.[/quote]It's alright...in all likelihood, I suck way more than you.

[quote name='rscaramelo']No I need to learn the game! I haven't played much video hockey since NHL 95 on Genesis.[/QUOTE]
if only we could play one of the old nhl (or nhlpa) games in an online league like we can for the 2k games. if EA ever made that happen, i'd buy their game in a heartbeat.

i'll hold off on making the league until probably the end of the week. maybe we'll get some more people that are interested.

I'd be interested as well, as long as the scheduling is flexible...

Sabres, if available.

Hopefully, Cheapy gives me a sweet trade to resemble the shambles that is the Flyers like he did in Sega NHL '94.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Whatever happened to TJordan and his brother (I think he had a brother)? They were always into the hockey games.[/QUOTE]
i said this in a previous post, but it was in between some other stuff, so it was easy to miss:

"i sent tjordan a PM about the league when i made the first post, but he can only play in the league for about a month and a half, which unfortunately won't work."

i totally blanked on his brother, though, so i'm going to send him a PM about the league now.

[quote name='blookie']I'd be interested as well, as long as the scheduling is flexible...

Sabres, if available.

Hopefully, Cheapy gives me a sweet trade to resemble the shambles that is the Flyers like he did in Sega NHL '94.[/quote]

I already called the Sabres. I'll try calling sighlintbob again and see if he is up for his 3rd season. Oh, and Jordan's imaginary brother was named "Brad".

[quote name='thatstoobad']i said this in a previous post, but it was in between some other stuff, so it was easy to miss:

"i sent tjordan a PM about the league when i made the first post, but he can only play in the league for about a month and a half, which unfortunately won't work."

i totally blanked on his brother, though, so i'm going to send him a PM about the league now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would love to play in the league, but if I started, I would be unable to finish when I went back to college. My only 360 is stationed at home, and Brad would kill me if I took it with me to UD. Anyone know of any good 360 deals? I wish I saw the $100 Amazon one...

[quote name='TJordan522']Maybe we could run a summer league/tournament? I'm so pissed I can't get in on this one.[/QUOTE]
yeah we'll do that for sure. i'm thinking that we'll only have like 12-16 games this season, so it should finish up around the time you'll be finishing up with school.

Let me know when you make the league up. I got the Blackhawks again! They are actually playing better this year since they put Savard as coach!

ok, i'm going to make the league either today or tomorrow, then everyone will have a while to register for it, since i'll be out of town from the 23rd to probably the 27th. i'll still have internet access, just not xbox access.

it looks like it will be a 12 team league, so i'm thinking about 16 games. the big question is: how many teams should make the playoffs. usually it's 8, but with the smaller league, should it drop down to 4? if anyone has an opinion on it, voice it.

also let me know if there's any minor changes you'd like to see in the settings, if you care about that sort of thing.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, i'm going to make the league either today or tomorrow, then everyone will have a while to register for it, since i'll be out of town from the 23rd to probably the 27th. i'll still have internet access, just not xbox access.

it looks like it will be a 12 team league, so i'm thinking about 16 games. the big question is: how many teams should make the playoffs. usually it's 8, but with the smaller league, should it drop down to 4? if anyone has an opinion on it, voice it.

also let me know if there's any minor changes you'd like to see in the settings, if you care about that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Can you do half 6 playoff teams?

[quote name='flybrione']Can you do half 6 playoff teams?[/QUOTE]
yeah, but then two teams would get buys in the first round, and that seems kind of lame to me. we could do it if that's what you guys prefer, though.

[quote name='Marcotte']I'd also love to join if you need another.
Toronto, if not already taken[/QUOTE]
sweet, so it looks like it will be a 14 team league then. in light of that, we'll have the top 8 make the playoffs.

by the way, i figure i should mention that the league requires ONE GAME A WEEK. it's pretty easy to get done. if you can't fit it in, we'll move on to the next week of play, and a loss will go to the person who is the main cause of the game not being played. if you miss a few games in a row, you're out of the league (unless you haev a good reason). i rule with an iron fist. AN IRON FIST.

i should have mentioned that at the beginning of the thread, but i didn't really plan it out. typical.

i'll set the league up tomorrow afternoon. hopefully i'll be done wrapping presents by then.

so here's the deal: i created the league. the name is CAGHL, the password is "cheap". i don't think anyone should sign into the league, though.

when i created my new XBL name, i used the same email as my old XBL name. i had cancelled the old account months ago, so i didn't think there would be a problem. well, now that i tried to sign into the 2k7 leagues website, i used that email address, and my OLD XBL name pops up. i went to xbox.com and tried to pull up my gamertag, and my OLD XBL name popped up there too. so, it seems that i can't sign in to any website uner my new XBL name, only my old one. the thing that is incredibly frustrating is that i CAN'T change the email on my account, so i'm stuck with it. luckily, this was only the one month trial, and i didn't burn a subscription that i paid for on it.

now, i could just run the league without logging into the website (and only accessing it through the 360 console), but then i wouldn't be able to access a variety of options that may become necessary in the future (adjusting game settings, adjusting the schedule, things like that). plus, i want to be able to link my current XBL name so i can get that little gamercard and crap like that.

anyways, here's what i'm going to have to do. after i get back from visiting my parents over the holiday, i will make a new XBL account with the subscription card i bought a while ago. i won't be an idiot and i'll link that to a different email, then i'll remake the league and everyone can join. i have to remake the league because as the league admin, i can't drop from the league.

so it'll take a little longer than i expected to get the league going. sorry.

[quote name='repetske']Any word on the league? And bump too. Didn't want the hopefuls to forget about the league.[/QUOTE]
i'll set the league up later this afternoon. i've been busier than expected the past few days.

the league is now up and ready to go. the league name is CAGHL. i'll send everyone who posted in the thread a PM about the league. included in the PM will be a list of the teams everyone claimed, so please only pick a team that hasn't been claimed (unless you've claimed it). there will be 16 teams in the league, with 8 making the playoffs. the league will be 18 games long, and each playoff round will be best 2 out of 3. if there's anything else anyone needs to know, just ask. as soon as everyone signs in, the league will start.

also, here is the link to the league site: http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=65642

bread's done
Back