CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']The Giants and Falcons have had trouble finding time for their game. I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to put the Falcons on auto and let j_bake play the CPU. Based on the information I gathered, it seems slofton had very limited availability (between 8-10am on a couple days, 4pm-5pm a couple days, and no days with anything later than 5pm). While, conversely, j_bake was available every day from 5pm on. Like I said, I hate that it comes to this, but if I'm having to rule "who was more available", I'd have to give the Giants the nod.

j_bake, feel free to play the CPU whenever you can.[/QUOTE]

I'll play the game here shortly

[quote name='perdition(troy']Good luck lexxon![/QUOTE]

Won 31-28 in OT with like a minute left. Blew so hard in this game, yet managed to mount a 20 second drive to come back in regulation, lolwut. A pretty exciting CPU game at least :p

I suck so hard this year!

Was scheduled to play the Chargers 15 minutes ago and he hasn't shown yet. I sent him a PM.

Edit: We were able to play

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lexxon']Won 31-28 in OT with like a minute left. Blew so hard in this game, yet managed to mount a 20 second drive to come back in regulation, lolwut. A pretty exciting CPU game at least :p

I suck so hard this year![/QUOTE]

Haha I made the super bowl and actually lost to the CPU last season.. almost lost to the CPU Rams this week, so dont feel so bad lol

I'm kind of irritated that my 2 posts about my opponent not responding to me were ignored and my game was simmed. He should have been put on auto.

[quote name='DVO21']Lions send:
WR Tyree Banks Age 23 Overall 76
Contract total length 4 years with 3 remaining
bonus 5 million
2014: 2.21 million
2015: 2.50 million
2016: 2.90 million

Catch 76
CIT 81
Spectacular 83
route running 74
release 84
speed 97
accel 92
injury 69

lions cap space 1.49 million

Bengals send

WR Rishard Matthews Age 24 overall 76
Contract total length 4 years with 2 years remaining
bonus $0
2014: 490k
2015: 530K

catch 87
cit 86
spectacular 83
route running 75
release 85
speed 86
accel 84
injury 88

bengals cap space 11.30 million

just as a heads up i already did the math and the lions will have 1.875 million if the trade is approved so the cap space wont be an issue.

Bengals reasoning: looking for a fast WR to help open up the run game for sproles.

Lions reasoning: was interested in mathews once he found out he was on the table thinks he would make a good red zone WR for his team[/QUOTE]

Trade Approved

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm kind of irritated that my 2 posts about my opponent not responding to me were ignored and my game was simmed. He should have been put on auto.[/QUOTE]

Matt, you know how busy I am...and you didn't PM me. I didn't see your first post on here, and by the time you posted last night, I had already put Madden away (I very briefly put the game in to put Atlanta on auto earlier in the day). If it was something that could be done on the website, I promise you, it would have been taken care of. But with my limited time...and having no other reason to turn Madden on, I really didn't feel like doing it twice in the same day.

So I don't even know what happend with stepano we were playing and he just quits after basically going no huddle 8 times in a row with 3 mins left in the fourth and all his timeouts. I think he got mad and just raged quit cause he started blitizing everybody.

you know what? fuck YOU GPNINJA. play the fucking CPU.
learn how to fucking read the fucking rules you stupid fuck.

"Closing out games the right way seems to be a difficult thing to interpret for people in Madden This is kind of where an "enforced logic" comes in. I feel like we have to restrict a lot of stuff so people don't "play like a video game", and actually use football logic. In real life, the reason for running the ball is to chew clock. Coaches don't risk a pass because it could either A) lead to a turnover or B) result in an incompletion which stops the clock. If you're up by 21 in the 4th quarter, you should be trying to do everything you can to keep that clock moving....and at that point, punting isn't the worst thing in the world should it happen."

You throw 3 straight times up 21 at the beginning of the 4th, but no problem for me, i get the ball back and score eventually and there's less than 2 1/2 minutes left. down 2 scores now.. really no chance unless i get the onside kick. I get in onside kick formation, accidentally already start kicking but he's not in formation so i call a timeout as quick as I can and let him get into onside formation. he recovers, the game should be over now..i only have 2 timeouts. bitch throws another pass. i'm done playing this cheesing mother fucker. to be honest, all you do is throw TE streaks and RB streaks. it's like playing a ranked online game and i just get suckered into it. give me a strike, i quit that shit, and honestly dont give a rat's fuckin ass. I'll still play against everyone else here... i really only have problems with this dude for some reason.

[quote name='GpNinja']So I don't even know what happend with stepano we were playing and he just quits after basically going no huddle 8 times in a row with 3 mins left in the fourth and all his timeouts. I think he got mad and just raged quit cause he started blitizing everybody.[/QUOTE]

rules state you're supposed to run out the clock up 21 or more in the 4th. i was ready for this shit to end at the beginning of the 4th yet you throw 3 straight times and one time with 5 wide. we definitely need to be in different divisions if we both play again next year.

You were down by like 10 points I coudn't stop your passing and you were gaining. I would throw cause you were bring the house in on the blitz. I was gonna kneel once the 2 minute warning hit. Am not gonna sit here and explain my self while you wine like a little bitch its a game its funny how mad you get am done aswell just boot me.

[quote name='GpNinja']You were down by like 10 points I coudn't stop your passing and you were gaining. I would throw cause you were bring the house in on the blitz. I was gonna kneel once the 2 minute warning hit. Am not gonna sit here and explain my self while you wine like a little bitch its a game its funny how mad you get am done aswell just boot me.[/QUOTE]

10 points?!?!? LOLOL you fucking cant do math? it was 21 you idiot. damn are you stupid or dumb? seriously, how can you not be able to do simple math...honestly how do you get 10 points from 21? I wasn't within 10 points since the beginning of the 3rd.

[quote name='GpNinja']Why would I run when your bringing the whole house.[/QUOTE]

SMH.. b/c it's in the rules. But alas, it is what it is. Why not throw up 21 in the 4th even though it states explicitly in the rules NOT to do that. But ok... have fun playing the CPU bud. go throw 10 TD's with your QB and say you werent trying to gain XP, but just to break the QB record. Comprehension is hard, I understand

[quote name='GpNinja']You were down by like 10 points I coudn't stop your passing and you were gaining. I would throw cause you were bring the house in on the blitz. I was gonna kneel once the 2 minute warning hit. Am not gonna sit here and explain my self while you wine like a little bitch its a game its funny how mad you get am done aswell just boot me.[/QUOTE]

by the way, it's "whine," not "wine." Learn to spell if you're going to insult me you illiterate dumbass.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']rules state you're supposed to run out the clock up 21 or more in the 4th. i was ready for this shit to end at the beginning of the 4th yet you throw 3 straight times and one time with 5 wide. we definitely need to be in different divisions if we both play again next year.[/QUOTE]

Wow...my mind can't even process how one person will say there was a 21 point lead, and the other says there was only a 10 point lead. The only way this kind of thing happens is if someone is willing to outright lie. I hate to say it, but GpNinja, this is the 3rd straight game that your tactics have been called into question. If it really wasn't a 21 point lead, that would have been the thing to defend yourself with...not laughing about it and calling someone a bitch. This may be surprising, but that makes me less inclined to believe your side of it.

I even told you that if there was another complaint, you'd get a strike. This would have been the game to at least lay low and pull the reins in a bit. If yet another opponent feels that you're playing a cutthroat kind of game, I don't know what choice I'm left with here. It's a strike, man. I'm not even trying to "turn this into an augmog situation", lol. But it's kind of forcing my hand. It's gotta be a strike...which is your 2nd...which calls for a 1 game suspension.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz'] we definitely need to be in different divisions if we both play again next year.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Dont think you're going to have to worry about this anymore.

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']by the way, it's "whine," not "wine." Learn to spell if you're going to insult me you illiterate dumbass.[/QUOTE]
How am I insulting you when it's true? Last time we played you quitted because I converted on a 4th down attempt. All you do is complain when you don't win or get your way. I could really careless when I am posting from my phone. Your the one that's getting all butthurt over it.

[quote name='Superstar']Could someone please tell me who the Saints play? Stuck at work and wanted to make contact. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

you play the chargers dude, good luck

[quote name='GpNinja']How am I insulting you when it's true? Last time we played you quitted because I converted on a 4th down attempt. All you do is complain when you don't win or get your way. I could really careless when I am posting from my phone. Your the one that's getting all butthurt over it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't change the fact you broke the rules dude! Man up!

[quote name='GpNinja']How am I insulting you when it's true? Last time we played you quitted because I converted on a 4th down attempt. All you do is complain when you don't win or get your way. I could really careless when I am posting from my phone. Your the one that's getting all butthurt over it.[/QUOTE]

For the record, I beat him last year 37-0 and he never complained. I don't think it's about losing, it's about how you lose.

If someone can get me sicsonic's and jblake's records from this league, it would be appreciated.

EDIT: NVM, decided to go by when they signed up since it wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been destroyed by chetty and hemingway first season (both were in my division).. also been beat by many players here and never complained. I always say "good game" as long as it was played the right way by both sides. Maybe you should try to understand the rules of the league before you decide to join.

392243_10151021640763237_1937531403_n.jpg

I think Saints\Chargers will have to be simmed....

He can only play tonight at midnight (which is way too late for me) or Monday (past the deadline).

[quote name='Superstar']I think Saints\Chargers will have to be simmed....

He can only play tonight at midnight (which is way too late for me) or Monday (past the deadline).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my bad. I didn't realize the deadline was tomorrow.

[quote name='Yo Soy El Tiger']Anyone able to get ahold of the dolfins?...he hasn't reached out to me and I sent him a pm[/QUOTE]

I accepted your friend request on XBL earlier but I hadn't been on the forum in a day and a half, so sorry about that. I will be available tomorrow afternoon and evening and hope to get on a computer and respond to PM's later tonight.

Good game as always, Doc. Sorry about being late.

I hope we're cool about that 4th down situation. I felt like I was in no man's land. A punt wasn't much help, and you saw how short my kickoffs were, so I had no faith in Kaeding making a 51 yd FG.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Good game as always, Doc. Sorry about being late.

I hope we're cool about that 4th down situation. I felt like I was in no man's land. A punt wasn't much help, and you saw how short my kickoffs were, so I had no faith in Kaeding making a 51 yd FG.[/QUOTE]

Yea man we are cool! That is exactly how I rationalized it! Your kicker was kicking like a bitch on kickoffs! I don't blame you at all! Haha if I hadn't blow coverage with my safety I might have have made you pay for it rather than making me pay!

Good game dude! My 2nd year stud CB IS FINALLY coming into his expectations with those 2 pics!

Falcons/Cowboys might get simmed unless I can play before 5. Sadly, I JUST got home from work and not looking forward to loosing sleep before going back in at 7pm.

[quote name='Docb9110']Yea man we are cool! That is exactly how I rationalized it! Your kicker was kicking like a bitch on kickoffs! I don't blame you at all! Haha if I hadn't blow coverage with my safety I might have have made you pay for it rather than making me pay!

Good game dude! My 2nd year stud CB IS FINALLY coming into his expectations with those 2 pics![/QUOTE]

Yeah, those kickoffs were rough. The first one, the meter had lag really bad. That's why that one was so short. After that, I adjusted my timing, but even then they weren't making the end zone even with full power.

That last 4th down attempt killed me. I think it was 4th and 3 on my own 29. I only had two timeouts and the two minute stoppage had already happened. I felt like it was now or never on that one. If I punted, I was certain you could at least manage one first down to put the game away.

There were some cheap shots going on after some plays. :lol: That one pick my DE had in the end zone, after he took a knee, one of your guys knocked the shit out of him.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, those kickoffs were rough. The first one, the meter had lag really bad. That's why that one was so short. After that, I adjusted my timing, but even then they weren't making the end zone even with full power.

That last 4th down attempt killed me. I think it was 4th and 3 on my own 29. I only had two timeouts and the two minute stoppage had already happened. I felt like it was now or never on that one. If I punted, I was certain you could at least manage one first down to put the game away.

There were some cheap shots going on after some plays. :lol: That one pick my DE had in the end zone, after he took a knee, one of your guys knocked the shit out of him.[/QUOTE]

Yea I noticed that to! I was like Greg Schiano must have helped on the updates! I couldn't believe I took it from you then you took it from me a few plays later!

Still trying to figure out the 49ers/dolfins game...he just said he would be on today but still haven't gotten a time set. ..I'm really trying to play before 8

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, those kickoffs were rough. The first one, the meter had lag really bad. That's why that one was so short. After that, I adjusted my timing, but even then they weren't making the end zone even with full power.

There were some cheap shots going on after some plays. :lol: That one pick my DE had in the end zone, after he took a knee, one of your guys knocked the shit out of him.[/QUOTE]

Just watch out for injuries like that lol. I had a kickoff return for a td after he got into the end zone he was cheap shotted. Bam! Broken ankle.

[quote name='slofton']Just watch out for injuries like that lol. I had a kickoff return for a td after he got into the end zone he was cheap shotted. Bam! Broken ankle.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree on this one! I don't remember what team I was playing but I had to kneel the time out and on the last one his line came hard...caught us both off guard!

Soooo... Hopped on before work yesterday to play the cowboys Cpu like he said I could do. But, he never put them on auto. Gotta love losing precious sleep time.

All right, we've advanced to Week 9. Several games went unplayed this past week. A lot of them have been discussed, but I just want to say, as we finish out this season, if you're having trouble getting in touch with an opponent, please PM me (and please don't leave it for the last minute). Just posting offhand comments in the thread isn't going to get it resolved.

At this point, I'm not even 100% sure who still cares enough to be playing all of their games. So, if someone is PM'ing me telling me that they haven't heard anything from their opponent, I'm probably going to be inclined to let them play the CPU. Anyway, the deadline for Week 9 is 5/9.

bread's done
Back