CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

It wil be the Skins vs Panthers in the NFC Championship. I had an easy road to get this far with the majority of my wins against CPU opponents. I am expecting to be slaughtered by Cam & and the Panthers.
I wouldn't count yourself out. Keep in mind that most of my games were against the CPU also. It should be a good game! I am looking for another Super Bowl!

Edit: I just changed my signature. It's pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
My flags are still way cooler. :p
Um...unless something is crazy with my connection the website that hosted the flags has been dead for a few weeks. I had to use http://archive.org/web/ to pull the images and upload them to photobucket to bring mine back to life. At least now I won't have to worry about losing them again.

More specifically, this will take you right to them. I just wouldn't trust linking the image from there as it's very slow and subject to being wiped at any time.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111003070728/http://www.ideaspot.net/nhl/

Planning ahead, we'll be able to advance tonight...a full day early. So, that's nice. Just taking a rough look at the potential advancement through the end of the year, this is how the deadline for things could shake out.

Advancing to:

AFC/NFC Championship Round - 12/3

Super Bowl - 12/6

Re-sign Players - 12/9

Free Agency 1 - 12/10

Free Agency 2 - 12/11

Free Agency 3 - 12/12

Free Agency 4/Final Scouting (I really can't remember if there was a 4th free agency or not) - 12/13

Draft - 12/14 - 12/21

Then, we could ease our way through pre-season maybe at a 2 day pace just to allow time for the holiday. All of this probably has a 2-3 day flexibility, obviously, but how does that sound for everybody? I actually think this is very close to what we had last year...because I feel like the draft was on 12/17 or something...and then we advanced to the regular season around the 30th or 31st...and just allowed extra time for the first week of the regular season to make sure everyone was back from the holiday. Feel free to correct my aging memory though, haha.

That schedule seems fine to me. I doubt that the Superbowl will take three days though.

Also, I forgot to say happy birthday to Kaster! He's probably passed out by now though.

That schedule seems fine to me. I doubt that the Superbowl will take three days though.

Also, I forgot to say happy birthday to Kaster! He's probably passed out by now though.
Hence the 2-3 day flexibility I mentioned. ;) There's just likely to be a point where there's no point in hurrying as we'll be getting right up to the holiday anyway...which in my opinion, would be best spent with games that don't really matter and many people don't care to play anyway. This would at least give people the option of trying out their rookies/free agent acquisitions, while allowing others to forget about the league for 5-7 days and enjoy the holiday. That was at least my reasoning anyway.

Well, it's the playoffs...so there has to be snow...everywhere...even in Nashville...again, lol.

Normally, I perform horribly in the snow (just ask my wife...HI YO!). But for whatever reason, today, my defense was huge. Tramaine Brock apparently had his heart set on shitting all over Twick's day as he snatched 3 INTs including a pick 6. In all, the Titans defense limited Buffalo to 15 yards of rushing and intercepted EJ Manuel 5 times on 6-17 passing.

Still without Chris Johnson, Darius Reynaud filled in admirably, and was helped by probably better blocking than I've had all year. I don't know if the game just arbitrarily picks a favorite in the snow or what, but it definitely felt like it just wasn't going to be Buffalo's day from the get go.

After the pick 6 in the 3rd quarter, I was able to settle back into nickel and dime coverage and wait for the turnover. Twick played well...but I never feel like snow games are on an even keel. My apologies to Twick for flipping over the goalline on a run by Reynaud in the 2nd quarter. It was one of those race to the pylon type of plays, and players seem to get caught from behind really easily this year (even CJ with 99 speed...makes no sense). I would have been happy with a faceplant dive across the goalline. But Reynaud flipped over the pylon.

I actually do think overall, EA improved on the frequency of showboating this year...and had it not gained such a stigma, that probably could have just been viewed as a normal play. Anyway, hope that didn't piss you off. Good game to you, though. I think this is the first playoff game I've ever won, haha.

Schedule sounds fine to me. I work nights from now until April Tuesday through Friday for the most part, just as an FYI to folks.

Well, it's the playoffs...so there has to be snow...everywhere...even in Nashville...again, lol.

. I think this is the first playoff game I've ever won, haha.
I am hoping you win and I win. It would be pretty sweet to play in the Superbowl. No offense to any of you other guys.

The Panthers just barely beat the Redskins in OT to win the NFC Championship! I was so stressed out and even sweating during this game. It doesn't get closer than that. Great game bfauble!

I am going to the Super Bowl!

The Panthers just barely beat the Redskins in OT to win the NFC Championship! I was so stressed out and even sweating during this game. It doesn't get closer than that. Great game bfauble!

I am going to the Super Bowl!
Good game, I was just happy to keep it close after the way I had been dominated in some previous human games. This game was back & forth and very fun.

Good luck in the super bowl!

CJ2K's season isn't over yet! lol. Seriously, this was the unthinkable. I didn't think Darius Reynaud would give me anything close enough to a good rushing attack to give Jake Locker time to do anything. But he at least held his own these two playoff games. And just like last week against Buffalo, the Tennessee defense came up pretty big in this one, intercepting Andrew Luck twice in the 1st half...with both turnovers leading to scores.

The Titans jumped out to a 21-0 1st half lead, and just held serve from there until the Colts defense punched through in the 4th quarter to bring the score to 21-7. That's where we finished. It definitely felt like a closer game than the score would indicate, and there were definitely some tense moments where I was forced to convert or I would have been in trouble. I was lucky that Jake Locker went 9-11 and completed some nice touch throws. That definitely doesn't happen every game. Just seemed like Madden was on my side these past two games. I can't believe I'm goihg to the Super Bowl. This shit is retarded, lol. :lol:

gg, DarkTower. I honestly hated having to play someone I played twice during the regular season in this one. You know my game well enough as it is. I thought for sure none of my stuff was going to work, haha.

I'll be bouncing out. I never saw Madden on sale during the cyber sales low enough to justify buying another copy. FYI on my team, Cutler and Jennings both refused to sign a contract so whoever takes over will probably want to franchise tag one of them. It's been fun guys, I'll be back next year! Or maybe later in the season if I find another copy for the cheap.

I know I mentioned this a while back, but I'm out as well. I picked up the PS4 copy a few weeks ago for $30 after sale and GCU discount at BB and gave my 360 copy to a friend. I will say I'm loving the PS4 version a lot more, at least against the CPU. I've actual lost a few games so far in my career which is refreshing since none of it has felt "cheap". Best of luck to everyone that continues!

Man...the Broncos just pulled an online ranked move against the Titans, lol. Had a 4th and 1 at the Titans 12 yard line, trailing 7-0 on their first drive of the game....so they run a hurry up and run the ball up the middle. I guess that's an easier call to make when you know you're the better team and that you "should" win...but damn that's cheesy.

They had another 4th down at the 1 yard line and went for it, and Manning got the TD pass on a roll out with a questionable block. Tough to play defense in today's NFL.

Begin the talk of forcing me out of the league! The Titans have won the Super Bowl! lol

Surprise, surprise. The game was in a blizzard. Fortunately, for me, this was the game that Chris Johnson came back, and holy shit, he came back with avengeance. Controlling the running game in a blizzard is pretty much a must. Newton threw an INT on his first pass of the game, and I was able to jump out in front and force Dark Rider to keep pace. For the most part, he did so with ease, and really kept the pressure on me to keep getting yards. Thankfully, CJ was up for the challenge, and Jake Locker made throws when he had to. Shonn Greene also contributed some tough yards, including a goalline plunge that helped the Titans keep putting up TDs.

By taking a 7 point lead into the half, and getting the ball back to start the 2nd half, the Titans were able to open up a 14 point lead, chewing up most of the 3rd quarter in the process (seriously...slow and steady in a blizzard...and it worked out). The Panthers made a valiant effort at a comeback, but couldn't convert on 4th down and gave the Titans the ball back. Shonn Greene took over and Jake Locker picked up a pivotal 1st down on a rollout with every receiver blanketed. Greene got a final first down that allowed Tennessee to just kneel the ball to run out the clock.

Again, my blocking was much better than it was during the regular season. Not that I threw the ball much, but they didn't allow one sack, and had a combined total of 20 pancakes. 20! lol. Chris Johnson was awarded the game's MVP.

Great game, Dark Rider! I can't believe I won the Super Bowl. Sure, we didn't have a full league, but I'm not going to diminish the quality of players we have here. None of my games were easy, and I always felt like if I fucked up once, I was doomed, lol. Trying to not turn the ball over is incredibly nerve-wracking.

And I guess I'll post stats since it's the Super Bowl.

Titans

Jake Locker - 3-3, 42 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 2 att, 11 yds

Chris Johnson - 23 att, 185 yds, 3 TDs

Shonn Greene - 6 att, 24 yds, 1 TD

Delanie Walker - 2 rec, 21 yds, 6 pancakes (unreal..not sure I've ever seen that many)

Kevin Walter - 1 rec, 21 yds

Panthers

Cam Newton - 4-9, 95 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 3 att, 9 yds

Kenjon Barner - 6 att, 18 yds, 1 TD

DeAngelo Williams - 1 att, 40 yds, 1 TD

Greg Olsen - 3 rec, 55 yds

Ted Ginn - 1 rec, 40 yds

Begin the talk of forcing me out of the league! The Titans have won the Super Bowl! lol

Surprise, surprise. The game was in a blizzard. Fortunately, for me, this was the game that Chris Johnson came back, and holy shit, he came back with avengeance. Controlling the running game in a blizzard is pretty much a must. Newton threw an INT on his first pass of the game, and I was able to jump out in front and force Dark Rider to keep pace. For the most part, he did so with ease, and really kept the pressure on me to keep getting yards. Thankfully, CJ was up for the challenge, and Jake Locker made throws when he had to. Shonn Greene also contributed some tough yards, including a goalline plunge that helped the Titans keep putting up TDs.

By taking a 7 point lead into the half, and getting the ball back to start the 2nd half, the Titans were able to open up a 14 point lead, chewing up most of the 3rd quarter in the process (seriously...slow and steady in a blizzard...and it worked out). The Panthers made a valiant effort at a comeback, but couldn't convert on 4th down and gave the Titans the ball back. Shonn Greene took over and Jake Locker picked up a pivotal 1st down on a rollout with every receiver blanketed. Greene got a final first down that allowed Tennesee to just kneel the ball to run out the clock.

Again, my blocking was much better than it was during the regular season. Not that I threw the ball much, but they didn't allow one sack, and had a combined total of 20 pancakes. 20! lol. Chris Johnson was awarded the game's MVP.

Great game, Dark Rider! I can't believe I won the Super Bowl. Sure, we didn't have a full league, but I'm not going to diminish the quality of players we have here. None of my games were easy, and I always felt like if I fucked up once, I was doomed, lol. Trying to not turn the ball over is incredibly nerve-wracking.

And I guess I'll post stats since it's the Super Bowl.

Titans
Jake Locker - 3-3, 42 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 2 att, 11 yds
Chris Johnson - 23 att, 185 yds, 3 TDs
Shonn Greene - 6 att, 24 yds, 1 TD
Delanie Walker - 2 rec, 21 yds, 6 pancakes (unreal..not sure I've ever seen that many)
Kevin Walter - 1 rec, 21 yds

Panthers
Cam Newton - 4-9, 95 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 3 att, 9 yds
Kenjon Barner - 6 att, 18 yds, 1 TD
DeAngelo Williams - 1 att, 40 yds, 1 TD
Greg Olsen - 3 rec, 55 yds
Ted Ginn - 1 rec, 40 yds
23 rushing attempts for CJ and 3 passes. That's some serious XP mining "BRO". JK, congrats. Now I don't feel so bad for losing to the champs.

Congratulations! Can I have some of those pancakes?
Just go to your nearest Denny's. They are all you can eat, haha.

23 rushing attempts for CJ and 3 passes. That's some serious XP mining "BRO". JK, congrats. Now I don't feel so bad for losing to the champs.
Well, his lazy ass sat out for 7 weeks with a "broken ankle". What a prima donna.

Congrats N8!
Congratulations, n8. Good to see my record of two titles in a row holds up for another season. *flexes*
Thanks, guys. It's nice to feel like I've actually improved at this game after years of effort and hundreds of games. I also think my team was just in the right place at the right time. I'm not sure that I turned the ball over once in the playoffs...and considering 2 of the 3 games were in the snow, that's pretty amazing. And I'm usually terrible in the snow. So, I'd say this one was maybe 50% me, 50% "my turn". I'm sure next season my defense will completely fall apart. But I will enjoy this one.

Now that the Super Bowl is done, I'm about to advance us to the first stage of the offseason (which is the re-sign period). I'm going to make sure all teams are off auto pilot, and all members who have said they're not coming back for season 2 (chriscolbert and dr0ppinl0adz) have been removed.

We're going to take one day for each stage of the offseason. Everybody needs to get their re-signing/franchise tagging done by Tuesday night at 11:59 PM CST.

Ah, man. I wish there had been some type of Madden news headline about the coaches opposing each other for the Super Bowl. It would have been McButtnuts vs McPantybottoms, lol.

Oy...I think EA has the contracts all screwy again. On my "re-sign players" activity, I've got a crap ton of players listed. But when I go and look at their salaries, they have an amount listed for 2014. I don't know if this is actually intentional by EA...and they're trying to say you can negotiate with these guys before the final season of their deal. But when they're lumped in with expiring conracts (especially in terms of franchise tagging somebody), it makes for a jumbled mess.

What is definitely messed up though is if you go to your salaries page and sort by "years remaining", it will have all these guys listed as "1 year remaining". It's like it lowers everybody's years remaining except your actual expiring contracts. Apparently, EA doesn't know what a 0 looks like.

EDIT - Wait...wait...it's botched worse than I thought. Even the guys I signed mid-season (ie. one year contracts) are showing a 2014 cap hit. I'm looking to see if there's any actual way to distinguish these guys apart (other than just remembering which contracts actually have one year left), and so far I'm not seeing it. I think that's enough EA madness for tonight. If anybody else can chime in and sort this out, be my guest! :)

Also, some interesting retirements

Randy Moss

Richard Seymour

Adrian Wilson

James Harrison

It sucks James Harrison retired. I'll definitely have to look into replacing him.

Also, LOL at the headline "In an attempt to go in a new direction, the Eagles have brought on Andy Reid as head coach."

Wow, great job EA.  Accidentally hit X while highlighting resign players and it dismissed the option and now it I don't see a way back into resigning players.  In the manage roster screen it is greyed out.  If I can't find a way to get back in I am going to lose almost all of my free agents including Bethea who I was going to franchise.

Wow, great job EA. Accidentally hit X while highlighting resign players and it dismissed the option and now it I don't see a way back into resigning players. In the manage roster screen it is greyed out. If I can't find a way to get back in I am going to lose almost all of my free agents including Bethea who I was going to franchise.
Could you do it from the website?

The website was my first thought too after I couldn't find it in game but I didn't see anything on the website either.
The best I can think of in this circumstance is for you to name 3 players that you would have seriously gone after, and we can give you exclusive rights to them for the first week of free agency. Obviously, this won't stop CPU teams from bidding on them. But it's the best we can do.

I think I have somewhat figured out the issue with contracts. Don't do too much digging, lol. If you just use the "re-sign" players tab that pops up as soon as you log into the franchise, it shows you pretty much all you need to know. But if you go into the "manage roster" area and look at "salaries", it's all messed up, showing both expiring contracts for this year and expiring contracts for next year as having "1 year remaining".

What threw me off was there were a few guys the game never prompted me to negotiate with during the season (Bernard Pollard, Collin Mooney, etc). and I didn't think these guys were actually free agents (well, Mooney shouldn't have been...but I think the roster we used was the first to have him in the game...so it's not surprising that his contract is wrong). But the Titans did only sign Pollard to a one year deal, so he should be a free agent. Fortunately, I was able to re-sign him.

Franchise tagging Verner hurt though, as it cost me $10M. I ended up cutting Nate Washington and Craig Stevens (both in the final years of their deals) to pay for Verner's tag. Crappy ass Kevin Walter also rejected my 1 year $1.2M offer when his "desired contract" was 1 year, $1M.

"EA Sports - We Don't Know What 'Desired' Means!"

I was going to tag Bethea so that would be one of the three.  Other than that it's hard to tell who actually will be a free agent and who still has one year left I know Bradshaw is a free agent but it shows him at $1.1 million for 2014.  If Darius Butler is a free agent he would be one but I think he still has another year left.  Same with Castonzo, really as long as EA got the real life contracts right Bethea is the big one I am worried about.

Yeah the desired contracts are worthless.  I had been negotiating with Legefed all year and was offering him more than his desired contract and he would always reject it and then finally stopped negotiating in like week 15.  I am kind of glad he did because he will be easy to replace in the draft or free agency.

I was going to tag Bethea so that would be one of the three. Other than that it's hard to tell who actually will be a free agent and who still has one year left I know Bradshaw is a free agent but it shows him at $1.1 million for 2014. If Darius Butler is a free agent he would be one but I think he still has another year left. Same with Castonzo, really as long as EA got the real life contracts right Bethea is the big one I am worried about.
Yeah, the salaries page is just wrong, as it doesn't remove players when it should...but it lowers everybody else. If I had to guess, Butler and Castonzo SHOULD be ok since their real life contracts go through the 2014 season.

Yeah the desired contracts are worthless. I had been negotiating with Legefed all year and was offering him more than his desired contract and he would always reject it and then finally stopped negotiating in like week 15. I am kind of glad he did because he will be easy to replace in the draft or free agency.
Yup. I gave Hicks and Joseph, among others, more than they wanted, only to see it rejected. Wound up having to franchise Joseph, which ate up about 25% of my cap space.

I'll be advancing us to the next stage of the offseason in about 15 minutes and I just wanted to post our rules for free agency so everyone is aware (these didn't apply during the re-signing period...but with bidding wars possible now, yeah we'll need them). We'll be using the same rules that the Official League used...which were borrowed from our rules last year and tweaked a little more, making them even stronger, in my opinion. They are as follows:

Free Agency Notes:

• You can only offer contracts at the length the player is asking for. If the FA wants a 1 year deal, you are only allowed to offer 1 year.
  • Owners cannot offer more than $10 million over what the player is asking for (contract total).
  • Owners are allowed to bid on and sign as many FA's as they'd like, however there will be a 53 man limit at the end of the preseason (duh).

In addition, since DarkTower80 had a hiccup with his re-signings, and had intended to franchise tag Antoine Bethea (which would have taken him off the market), no user team is allowed to put an offer in on Bethea. Obviously, I can't do anything about the CPU teams...but this will give DarkTower a fighting chance...and if he chooses to use the $10M cushion on overpaying, he should be able to beat out the CPU.

Those are the only special circumstances I can think of at the moment. If anyone has any questions let me know. Do not break any of these rules, as it will result in a strike.

Really? Because all I can do is click on a player to view his attributes. I don't see how to sort them, unless there's another menu I'm not seeing?
I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. This year you can see their attributes. Last year you couldn't when bidding online. You could only see an overall, age, and scheme. It would certainly be nice if you could search by a specific attribute like you can in normal free agency, but sadly you can't. Maybe it will be added next year.

bread's done
Back