CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

So, guys who are better than me are losing to or barely beating the CPU. Doesn't look good for me. I will play the game on Friday for sure if I can't get it in tomorrow.

Still can't beat the Titans. Defense and receivers just didn't show up for the Colts. Had like 5 drops in the 4th quarter and the secondary just wouldn't cover anybody, especially Walker.

Titans hold on 31-28. Sucks to end with a loss to the CPU but good luck with the rest of the playoffs everybody.
Man, that sucks. Autopilot 3-peat! Autopilot 3-peat! lol :)

So the Jets had a real nail biter at the Chiefs. KC tied it at 21 with just under 2:00 left. Jets had a great kickoff return to the KC 43 yd line. Also had the wind at my back, so I figured I'd play it safe, run the ball to get closer with the clock running, and kick the long FG if necessary. On the first play, Goodson got 7 yds, then fumbled going to the ground. KC recovered it and took it back for a TD. I was pretty discouraged, but then there was a booth initiated replay. I watched the animation and it looked pretty obvious that Goodson was down. Amazingly, Madden agreed and overturned the play. Jets ran it in for the go ahead TD two plays later. On the ensuing KC drive, Jets FS picked off a pass to seal the victory.

After that, I'm pretty nervous about the Titans game...

Sooo... great. EA had to get me one last time. I guess putting myself on autopilot removed my commissioner powers...even on the website. The button to advance the league is gone, and the site just lists me as being a coach now. I feel like I should have known this, but somehow did not.

All I wanted was a smooth closeout without having to bother anybody about handling commissioner duties. As per usual, EA had other ideas. So, it doesn't seem like I'll have the ability to do anything until I get home on the 11th. If anybody doesn't want to wait that long, I don't blame you....especially if you're wanting to trade the game in. But for those who are ok with waiting, I 'll fix this nonsense as soon as I can. Sorry, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, unless there are people not playing who are not on autopilot/people traded it in already, wouldn't everyone who is still playing just need to hit ready to advance? I know it might be a bit of a pain for guys like pitfall and and darktower to load up the game but as long as everyone has it still then Nate wouldn't need to advance it.

also hey guys

I am pretty sure I set myself ready to advance.  Will check the website now.

Edit - WTF did they do to the website.  You can't even set ready to advance from it anymore.  What a complete POS.

I am pretty sure I set myself ready to advance. Will check the website now.

Edit - WTF did they do to the website. You can't even set ready to advance from it anymore. What a complete POS.
You can do it from the website, its on the right side of the screen.

Redskins are now set.

So, unless there are people not playing who are not on autopilot/people traded it in already, wouldn't everyone who is still playing just need to hit ready to advance? I know it might be a bit of a pain for guys like pitfall and and darktower to load up the game but as long as everyone has it still then Nate wouldn't need to advance it.

also hey guys
That is a great idea. I had totally forgotten about that option because hardly anybody ever used it, haha. It would be great if we could force the league to auto advance though. God speed, gentlemen.

I think my advance went through on the site. I clicked the button, and the popup that said "Advancing Week" showed up and just went on forever. I closed the tab and reloaded the website, and the advance button was gone. I guess it worked.

I think my advance went through on the site. I clicked the button, and the popup that said "Advancing Week" showed up and just went on forever. I closed the tab and reloaded the website, and the advance button was gone. I guess it worked.
lol, this feels like Back To The Future. "Are we back? Did it work???" :lol:

Doesn't look like the league has advanced, but I can't tell if we're still waiting on anybody to ready up. Based on what was mentioned earlier, Matt Young maybe?

I'm really curious to see if this will work, as it will either be great or give us one last good laugh at how awful EA is at implementing features. I'm still waiting on that mobile app for online franchise. :lol:

Sorry, didn't get a chance last night. Was pretty busy and didn't get to turn on my 360. Doing it now.

EDIT: We have advanced.

Yeah. I was the last to ready up. As soon as I did, the week advanced. Thanks Kaster!

And I'm going to sound dumb here regardless of what the answer is, but is HooDoo really Kaster's dad? I had no idea HooRox was 47 until I just looked at his profile. If true, I'm the lastto catch on as usual.

Yep, I am Kaster's father. I used to play Madden on the PC for years, but never switched to the Xbox after EA dropped PC support. Kaster told me about the league, piqued my interest, then got me in for the 2nd season of last year's release.

I've had a great time in the league the past year and a half. It's a shame the interest level dwindled so badly for Madden 25.

Wow, great job, guys! And many thanks to Kaster for thinking of that solution. Weird feeling when a feature works as advertised isn't it? lol.

Anyway, moving on....conference championship round! The deadline will be 7/11. Good luck to those still in it!

Jets escape with a 21-18 win in Nashville. Jets took an early 14-0 lead, and were headed for a bigger lead until Titans LB made a nice INT on a pass over the middle to the Jets TE. Titans then drove for a TD to end the 1st half at 14-7. Titans marched down the field with the opening drive of 2nd half, but the Jets defense came up big after the Titans had 1st and goal from the 2 yd line. Titans settled for a FG to make the score 14-10. After a 3 and out by the Jets, I was getting nervous. But then Locker threw a bad INT and then the Jets drove down for another TD to make the score 21-10 with just over 3 minutes to play. On the next drive, Jets blew a coverage and Locker hit #82 (Washington?) for a long TD, then the Titans got the 2pt conversion to close within a FG at 21-18. However, with 2:43 to play and all three TOs, the Titans kicked deep. Jets managed to get a couple 1st downs to run out the clock. Big news was that the Jets def held CJ2K to 34 yds on the ground. Wow!

I'm not sure what's up. I just logged into the website for the first time since Madden 25 came out and it let me click advance, loaded for a while, and then froze. Now I don't have the option available, either.

I tried on the website, but i don't think it worked this time. I think Nate said he would be back tomorrow anyway, so we might as well just wait.

Yeah, on the road right now, guys. I'll be home sometime tomorrow afternoon'ish. Going to take my daughter to Dinosaur World on our way through Kentucky. That should be fun.

So, unless Kaster can concoct a viable workaround, we'll just have to idle till then. I'm glad we were at least able to get this far and not have to wait more. It would be nice to have full website/mobile management for Madden 15 though.

We have advanced. Apparently I was the last one. I didn't have a chance to get on the xbox until last night and I can't use the website because I use my son's account to play.

At any rate, I am ready to play the Super Bowl, Jets vs Redskins. It's going to have to be tonight or tomorrow, because I am busy all day Sunday and then I'm leaving Monday morning for Santa Barbara and will be on travel all week.

Let me know what you can do, bfauble.

bread's done
Back