CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

It's a good rule of thumb for any of you new folks. If you're going to win the game and your opponent is content to run out the clock, LET THEM DO SO. You are going to win, don't rub it in by calling a timeout just so you can get the ball back or whatever. That's a clown move, bro.

It's a good rule of thumb for any of you new folks. If you're going to win the game and your opponent is content to run out the clock, LET THEM DO SO. You are going to win, don't rub it in by calling a timeout just so you can get the ball back or whatever. That's a clown move, bro.
I don't disagree. But we still need to hear from AZ Vikings. He at least deserves an opportunity to defend himself.

What if my team (the Bills) runs the no-huddle in real life? Am I not allowed to run a hurry up?
Not continuously or beyond what we establish as our concrete policy. This is the policy the Owner's League uses:

Hurry up can be used in obvious comeback situations and during any 2 minute offensive situation. You can also use hurry up during any point during the game, you just can not use it on consecutive plays and you have to wait until the play clock is down to at least 25 seconds before you can snap.

Personally, I think that's pretty reasonable. The reality is, as much as we try to run this league and play this game like "real football", EA doesn't program for "real football". So, when we run into these loopholes and areas ripe for exploit, we have to create policies that may go against what you actually see on Sunday simply because EA doesn't know how to handle it.

For instance, running a hurry up offense can become a huge exploit, as the defense is not afforded an opportunity to rush players on or off the field...and you're limited to your 6 plays that you can audible to. If "real football" was limited to those options, how stupid would that be? "Well, guys...sorry, you're stuck on the field...and you can only run these 6 defensive plays. Good luck!" From the defense's perspective, it's not "real football" at all. None of these rules or policies are fluff. They are all in place to make for a more fair, realistic, or enjoyable experience than what EA has provided.

It's not about rewriting the record book. The issue is earning an absurd amount of XP that allows you to turn your players into superheroes and further exploit an already poorly programmed game. I don't expect people to be gaining 370 yards of rushing every week, but it's still wise to have limits in place.
And like it was mentioned before, if you used Miller (or Twick used Spiller) one more time in the 4th quarter...up by 4+ scores...and he breaks his leg and is out 12 weeks, that would seem pretty silly wouldn't it?
But yeah, the biggest difference between the two of you is Miller had 7 fewer attempts and about 200 less yards. I'm sure Spiller was having a better game prior to the 4th quarter...but really, that's all the more reason to ease up and give him a break in the 4th.
And mostly, this league had some issues with people running up the score and mining XP against the CPU (ironically with the Bills). Just want to cut that off before it starts.
I guess I didn't think about the XP since I haven't messed with it yet. Makes sense.

I just played AZ Vikings and had no real issues. He ran the hurry up on consecutive plays and went 3 and out early in the 2nd quarter.. I messaged him telling him that wasn't allowed except under 2 minutes and he didn't do it again. I didn't know we were allowed to use it any time, just not on consecutive plays. Good to know.

I just played AZ Vikings and had no real issues. He ran the hurry up on consecutive plays and went 3 and out early in the 2nd quarter.. I messaged him telling him that wasn't allowed except under 2 minutes and he didn't do it again. I didn't know we were allowed to use it any time, just not on consecutive plays. Good to know.
Well, the "anytime but not on consecutive plays" thing is new and open for discussion. If you've been reading the thread, that's the policy used in Chetty's Owners League...and it seemed fairly reasonable to me. It also states that unless you're in an obvious comeback situation or running a 2 minute drill, you MUST wait until there are 25 seconds left on the playclock to snap the ball. Again, that would be a measure against the "Oh, my opponent picked a dumb defensive play" use of hurry up. If anybody isn't in favor of even allowing it that often though, please speak up. I just thought that was a more defined measurement than "don't use it too much".

As for AZ Vikings, I'm going to PM him because I'm not entirely sure he reads the thread. When he signed up, it was through PM'ing me, and he told me then that it didn't seem like he could post in the thread. I don't really know what new member restrictions CAG 3.0 uses, but I thought it was odd that he could send PM's, but not post in the thread. Either way, he needs to be aware of these rules. And in all honesty, the timeout with :01 left thing is worthy of a warning strike (after all, Twick just got one for going bonkers with Spiller in a blowout). If these things seem strict, they're supposed to. Not dicking around this year. We can all read. We can all follow simple instructions. And none of us should need repeated warnings.

Last edited by a moderator:
My feelings on it: I'm against using the hurry up at any time other than 2 minute drills and comeback situations. To be specific so no confusion on a "comeback situation," I'd say if you're down by 3+ scores (17 points or more) at any time, I wouldn't be opposed to using it... or down by 2+ scores in the 4th (9 points or more). 

I've been in touch with AZ Vikings through private message, and he claims he still can't post in this thread. He signed up for CAG on 9/18, so that just doesn't really make sense anymore. There's no way CAG has a 6 day waiting period before people can post. He also asked if the issue was about hurry up, and asked "why is it banned?" I let him know that reading the last couple pages of this thread would answer most of his questions since it was pretty much yesterday's topic of discussion. We'll see where things go from here. I'd still like to know about that timeout.

When i joined I think it was a 7 day no posting wait.
ppeterson21 joined CAG on 9/17 and posted in here on 9/19.

tumblr_m6fup32Ovs1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

lol ;)

It's letting me post now. (obvi) The no huddle thing I didn't realize we weren't allowed to no huddle because it didn't say it anywhere in the rules, I stopped ding it imediately after bears told me it wasn't allowed and even looked during game to find it in the rules and still couldnt find it. (I accidently did it one more time after I was told not to out of habit.) as for the TO thing I don't remember doing that and if I did I'm sorry, won't happen again.

It's letting me post now. (obvi) The no huddle thing I didn't realize we weren't allowed to no huddle because it didn't say it anywhere in the rules, I stopped ding it imediately after bears told me it wasn't allowed and even looked during game to find it in the rules and still couldnt find it. (I accidently did it one more time after I was told not to out of habit.) as for the TO thing I don't remember doing that and if I did I'm sorry, won't happen again.
All right, there you go. Like I've said, the hurry up thing is something we need to hammer out, so I can't blame you for not knowing that. The timeout with :01 left in the game just doesn't make any sense though. mvp828 really wouldn't have any reason to make that up, and you just don't remember doing it. So, I'm going to have to give you a warning strike for that since it did violate a rule. Like I told Twick the other day, it's nothing personal. But we need everybody in here following the rules and understanding that if they don't, there are consequences. Glad to have this issue over and done with though.

All right, there you go. Like I've said, the hurry up thing is something we need to hammer out, so I can't blame you for not knowing that. The timeout with :01 left in the game just doesn't make any sense though. mvp828 really wouldn't have any reason to make that up, and you just don't remember doing it. So, I'm going to have to give you a warning strike for that since it did violate a rule. Like I told Twick the other day, it's nothing personal. But we need everybody in here following the rules and understanding that if they don't, there are consequences. Glad to have this issue over and done with though.
lol ok.

So Cards and I haven't been able to get a time. The only other time I have heard from him was a message at 2:42 AM yesterday morning when I am assuming he got back from work.  

Could we get the vote to see who can get the game in against the CPU before the advance?

So Cards and I haven't been able to get a time. The only other time I have heard from him was a message at 2:42 AM yesterday morning when I am assuming he got back from work.

Could we get the vote to see who can get the game in against the CPU before the advance?
I'm putting him on auto pilot now. Sorry, I forgot he messaged me last night saying something about "something coming up" and having to step away from the league for awhile. I have no idea what this means or if he intends on coming back. But at least that clears this issue up.

I'm putting him on auto pilot now. Sorry, I forgot he messaged me last night saying something about "something coming up" and having to step away from the league for awhile. I have no idea what this means or if he intends on coming back. But at least that clears this issue up.
No worries... I just wanted to post in advance. I'll get that game in sometime tomorrow.

Time to give one of few two RB playbooks a whirl. I tried Seattle's yesterday in my offline franchise and wasn't a big fan. Too many option plays, and no way Cousins (my QB in that franchise) or Stafford's fat ass are running the option. Especially when Shaun Hill is my backup.

Broncos defeat the Giants 41-24. In this game, Peyton Manning fulfilled his prophecy and ascended to demigod status as he was a perfect 19-19 for 383 yds and 4 tds. Surprising 100 yard rusher from week 1 Knowshon Moreno was limited to 12 yards on 10 carries, so he was jettisoned in the fourth quarter for rookie Montee Ball, who came on strong with 36 yards and a TD on 6 carries. On the other side, David Wilson gashed the Denver D early but the Giants couldn't keep it going as they were forced to pass to stay in the game. Eli Manning also threw the ball very well, surpassing 300 yards and 2 TDs. 2nd year safety Duke Ihenacho made two interceptions late to seal the game.

Good game bfauble! It was definitely a shootout as neither one of us could really make a defensive stop. I have never, in the last three years of playing this game, had that many passes without an incompletion against any opponent, human or CPU. Peyton was really on fire in this one. Good luck to you the rest of the season.

Actually! Just realized if we don't advance til late Sunday or even Monday (not 100% sure on the rate we are moving) then I can get my game in Sunday easily as I'll be around most of the day. So perhaps a false alarm here.

Broncos defeat the Giants 41-24. In this game, Peyton Manning fulfilled his prophecy and ascended to demigod status as he was a perfect 19-19 for 383 yds and 4 tds. Surprising 100 yard rusher from week 1 Knowshon Moreno was limited to 12 yards on 10 carries, so he was jettisoned in the fourth quarter for rookie Montee Ball, who came on strong with 36 yards and a TD on 6 carries. On the other side, David Wilson gashed the Denver D early but the Giants couldn't keep it going as they were forced to pass to stay in the game. Eli Manning also threw the ball very well, surpassing 300 yards and 2 TDs. 2nd year safety Duke Ihenacho made two interceptions late to seal the game.

Good game bfauble! It was definitely a shootout as neither one of us could really make a defensive stop. I have never, in the last three years of playing this game, had that many passes without an incompletion against any opponent, human or CPU. Peyton was really on fire in this one. Good luck to you the rest of the season.
Good game and nice write-up. That stat line was crazy, I kept thinking eventually you would make a mistake or a WR would drop something, but it never happened.

Cards owner is gone? I asked about Week 3 and he said he left. So I should have no issue playing the CPU obviously. 0-3 here we come!

Cards owner is gone? I asked about Week 3 and he said he left. So I should have no issue playing the CPU obviously. 0-3 here we come!
Yeah, he just got back to me this afternoon that he's dropping entirely. That was...short lived, I guess, lol. Not going to judge. Cards are now a total CPU team again.

Yeah, he just got back to me this afternoon that he's dropping entirely. That was...short lived, I guess, lol. Not going to judge. Cards are now a total CPU team again.

No need to make laughs about it!! I have things in my life I need to take care of that that's more important then playing video games right now. Shit happens. Not everyone can dedicate every second to a online league so I would appreciate some respect.....

Wow... Won a nail biter against the Cards today.  Was up 10 or 17 to 0 a couple minutes before half.  Then the second half Stafford fell apart.  Ended up throwing 2 picks and then with 25 seconds to go I was trying to pick up a 3rd and long and he was absolutely crushed and fumbled it right to Dansby who returned it for a TD to tie it at 20.  The first play after the return, I was able to get the ball to Burleson who was able to get to the Cards' 39 to set up David Akers to win the game as time expired with a 56 yard field goal.  I think that was the first time I have ever seen a kicker get player of the game.  Akers in unrealistic fashion went 3-3 with a 30 some yarder, a 50 yarder, and the GW 56 yard FG.  Suh was a beast for me in this one racking up 3 sacks and Jones added a 4th.

Stafford has got to get his shit together.  Now has close to or over 600 yards on the season, but only 4 TDs and 4 INTs.  Here's hoping to rebound in Week 3 against the Skins.

All right, we have advanced to Week 3. The deadline will be 9/30!

Chiefs send:
T. Bray, Quarterback, 21 years old

Overall Rating: 77 (Strong Arm Scheme)
Contract Info: 4 total years, 4 years remaining, 2013: $370K, 2014: $420K, 2015: $480K, 2016: $570K, signing bonus $800K

Relevant Attributes By Position
74 Short, 71 Medium, 79 Long Throw Accuracy, 96 Throwing Power, 47 Awareness

Team Cap Space: $6.87M

For

Raiders Send:

T. Pryor, Quarterback, 24 years old

Overall Rating: 78 (Strong Arm Scheme)
Contract Info: 4 total years, 2 years remaining, 2013: $590K, 2014: $710K, signing bonus $600K

Relevant Attributes For Position

Team Cap Space: $60.1M

Relevant Attributes By Position
73 Short, 75 Medium, 76 Long Throw Accuracy, 92 Throwing Power, 63 Awareness

KC Gets:
A mobile backup QB.

Raiders Get:
T. Bray the QB that that I really covet and plan to build with.
Trade Approved

Sorry guys Ive been super busy with work lately so I haven't been able to play much xbox at all, but Im still in and now officially in. I'm hoping I can sneak my week 3 game in tomorrow, I have a little bit of time tomorrow in the day.

Are the Rams still a CPU team?
Yes. If you feel like messaging him and seeing if he still has any interest in joining, that's up to you. Definitely no expectation on you to do that though. He's had plenty of time.

I'm just glad sicsonic still decided to join. I was getting worried about that NFC West.

Is anyone having as hard of a time as I am getting to qbs on defense? I just got dominated in time of possession by the CPU texans and lost 31-21.

not complaining that I lost, but I couldn't get to Schaub AT ALL. Had all day to find open targets no matter what I called. I tried looking for a hurried stat or some type of qb knockdown stat but Madden doesn't seem to track that.

Texans started the game with the ball and got a fg, I got the ball with 5 seconds or so in the 1st quarter. Ran a play with rice for no gain to end the quarter. Flacco throws a pick to start the second and again, I couldn't get the ball back until there was 5 seconds or so in the 2nd quarter. Flacco threw a meaningless hail Mary that was somehow caught or I would've had no yards gained in the 1st half. Had the ball for 3 plays, maybe 10 seconds total.

Edit*after Flacco threw the pick to start the 2nd quarter, the Texans marched down the field to right outside the 10 where Ladarius Webb got a pick six so that's how I scored if anyone happened to look at the box score. They came right back down and scored again after. I also had a kick return td in the 2nd half. Irealize both of those factors skew the time of possession stat, but the issue was mostly getting to Schaub.

Is anyone having as hard of a time as I am getting to qbs on defense? I just got dominated in time of possession by the CPU texans and lost 31-21.

not complaining that I lost, but I couldn't get to Schaub AT ALL. Had all day to find open targets no matter what I called. I tried looking for a hurried stat or some type of qb knockdown stat but Madden doesn't seem to track that.

Texans started the game with the ball and got a fg, I got the ball with 5 seconds or so in the 1st quarter. Ran a play with rice for no gain to end the quarter. Flacco throws a pick to start the second and again, I couldn't get the ball back until there was 5 seconds or so in the 2nd quarter. Flacco threw a meaningless hail Mary that was somehow caught or I would've had no yards gained in the 1st half. Had the ball for 3 plays, maybe 10 seconds total.

Edit*after Flacco threw the pick to start the 2nd quarter, the Texans marched down the field to right outside the 10 where Ladarius Webb got a pick six so that's how I scored if anyone happened to look at the box score. They came right back down and scored again after. I also had a kick return td in the 2nd half. Irealize both of those factors skew the time of possession stat, but the issue was mostly getting to Schaub.
I think the Texans are just beastly in this game. I barely beat them. I'm not sure if I had any sacks on Schaub, but they definitely put up some points on me. Sometimes it's just about having a "bend but don't break" defense and not giving up the big play. Even giving up FGs instead of TDs can be a win.

I sent a message to Panthers owner yesterday morning, still hasn't been read.  I was hoping to play today since I plan to watch football all day tomorrow.

Eagles beat the cheifs 42-14. I took my starters out after 1 drive in the 3rd quarter due to the score. Quick question though regarding sportsmanship, i had the ball, under 2 mins to go, he has all 3 timeouts. I ran a hb dive first play, to see if he was going to stop the clock, he didnt, so i qb kneel it on 2nd and 3rd, and after the 3rd down he calls a timeout at about 24 seconds left and i punt. If i knew he was going to use a timeout i would have just ran it without kneeling. Any insight? not complaining at all, just curious as i would have played it a bit different, not like it made a difference though since it wasnt going to break me if they scored again

Eagles beat the cheifs 42-14. I took my starters out after 1 drive in the 3rd quarter due to the score. Quick question though regarding sportsmanship, i had the ball, under 2 mins to go, he has all 3 timeouts. I ran a hb dive first play, to see if he was going to stop the clock, he didnt, so i qb kneel it on 2nd and 3rd, and after the 3rd down he calls a timeout at about 24 seconds left and i punt. If i knew he was going to use a timeout i would have just ran it without kneeling. Any insight? not complaining at all, just curious as i would have played it a bit different, not like it made a difference though since it wasnt going to break me if they scored again
I was going to respond to this, but I would like to at least hear from njrockpd before I say anything. Just a little insight on what changed his mind about using those timeouts.

Broncos defeat the Raiders 20-9. Peyton came crashing to earth after his virtuoso performance last week, throwing two interceptions. However, the defense really stepped up, forcing some key turnovers and pass defending to keep Oakland out of the end zone.

Gg jbakes! It was a tough game throughout but ultimately I was able to hang on.

bread's done
Back