CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Unfortunately something has come up and I can't play my game this week against the Eagles. Scrub0bk, I've put myself on auto. Sorry to do this to you. Good luck.
Sorry about that, i sent you a PM you can ignore, i didnt see this message and started a game thinking it was you and quit when i realized it was the CPU. Starting the game over now casue this is the only time i can play

bfauble83 is having a kid so he hasn't had much availability this week.  I feel that having a kid is a very good reason to miss the game we're going to sim Chiefs vs Giants this week.

Good point.  I will play the CPU Giants and injure as many players as possible to teach him a lesson.  In practice this week I will explain to my players you go for the head or the knees when tackling.  Hit defenseless receivers and they will no longer have to be defended when they are concussed on the sidelines.  No Mercy!

Good point. I will play the CPU Giants and injure as many players as possible to teach him a lesson. In practice this week I will explain to my players you go for the head or the knees when tackling. Hit defenseless receivers and they will no longer have to be defended when they are concussed on the sidelines. No Mercy!
Just play that Gregg Williams "Bountygate" speech and you'll be good.

Anyone else have players in their last contract year that don't even appear on the list of players to resign? I am okay if players are not interested, but I expect them to at least appear on the list.

Also, I am looking to get a little younger at cornerback. I am willing to trade 86 Josh Wilson or 83 DeAngelo Hall and possibly some draft picks for younger corners who are comparable. They are 28 and 29 years of age so you don't have to worry about them retiring or anything. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have players in their last contract year that don't even appear on the list of players to resign? I am okay if players are not interested, but I expect them to at least appear on the list.

Also, I am looking to get a little younger at cornerback. I am willing to trade 86 Josh Wilson or 83 DeAngelo Hall and possibly some draft picks for younger corners who are comparable. They are 28 and 29 years of age so you don't have to worry about them retiring or anything. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.
How long is their total contract? All mine seem to appear except the 1 year contracts

All right, we have advanced to Week 5. Both swift fix and sicsonic did not play their games against the CPU. Not sure if something was up there, but those should be the easiest games to play.

Anyway, free agency groups are incoming. We currently have 22 user teams. So, let's just do 3 groups and get this thing knocked out.

To remind everyone...

You are only allowed to sign ONE free agent.

You must post your selection in this thread BEFORE signing the player in the game. Posts in this thread will supersede any transactions made in the game. Use the following format:

Team: Your Team Name

Player Added: Full Name and Position

Player Dropped: Full Name and Position

Everybody SHOULD have 53 players on their roster, but if for some reason you don't, you do not have to drop a player.

If it is your groups turn to choose, you can make your selection at any time. You don't have to wait for the team ahead of you to choose.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Group 1 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 AM EST on 10/5

Team / Record / Point Differential / Player Added

1. New York Giants / 0-4 / -88

2. Green Bay Packers / 0-3 / -38

3. Detroit Lions / 1-3 / -35

4. Seattle Seahawks / 1-3 / -4

5. Oakland Raiders / 1-3 / -3 / Antoine Winfield, CB

6. Pittsburgh Steelers / 1-3 / -3

7. New York Jets / 2-2 / -25

Group 2 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 PM EST on 10/5

Team / Record / Point Differential

8. Minnesota Vikings / 2-2 / -12

9. New Orleans Saints / 2-2 / -12

10. Dallas Cowboys / 2-2 / 1

11. Baltimore Ravens / 2-2 / 10

12. Cincinnati Bengals / 2-2 / 22

13. Kansas City Chiefs / 2-2 / 30

14. Miami Dolphins / 2-2 / 33

15. Buffalo Bills / 2-2 / 39

Group 3 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 AM EST on 10/6

16. Denver Broncos / 3-1 / 20

17. Indianapolis Colts / 3-1 / 24

18. Washington Redskins / 3-1 / 39

19. Carolina Panthers / 3-0 / 49

20. Chicago Bears / 4-0 / 33

21. Tennessee Titans / 4-0 / 42

22. Philadelphia Eagles / 4-0 / 56

just so im clear, can we sign the player after we post his name in the thread or should we wait?
Yeah, you're good to sign him. Does the CAG app not give you the option to hide your duplicate posts like the regular version?

After the 3rd group picks does FA become open to everyone?
Probably not. With us trying to restrict roster craziness this year, it just doesn't seem like it would be a good idea. I'm willing to listen to arguments for why it would be necessary, but right now, I'm leaning against it.

Really weird that only one team from Group 1 has chosen a free agent. Guess it shows why following the thread is a good idea.

Team: New York Giants

Player added: Sheldon Brown

Player dropped: None (Accidentally dropped too many before season began.)

CB Tim Jennings is on the trade block.

85 OVR 

92 Man

91 Zone

89 Play Rec.

Press skills are non-existent but he's fast with good pursuit and hands.

He's in his last year and won't re-sign with me. Looking for a high draft pick.

I check the thread daily. I just don't know who I want, and I haven't had time to get on the game yet today.
No, I totally understand. I have no clue who I want either. I just found it amusing. Like if I hadn't put the groups together, people would be all like "Raaaaa...when are we doing free agency??? Mehhhhhh" lol :lol:

Oh yeah, you're totally right about that. "When can I sign free agents" seemed to be a question that came up almost daily in the past few weeks.

1. New York Giants / 0-4 / -88 / Sheldon Brown, CB

2. Green Bay Packers / 0-3 / -38 / Michael Turner, RB

3. Detroit Lions / 1-3 / -35

7. New York Jets / 2-2 / -25 / Chris Sentef, FS

12. Cincinnati Bengals / 2-2 / 22 / Ryan Swope, WR

15. Buffalo Bills / 2-2 / 39 / Willis McGahee, RB

16. Denver Broncos / 3-1 / 20

17. Indianapolis Colts / 3-1 / 24

18. Washington Redskins / 3-1 / 39

20. Chicago Bears / 4-0 / 33

21. Tennessee Titans / 4-0 / 42

Buffalo Bills

Added: Willis McGahee. HB
Dropped: Chris Hogan, WR

CJ Spiller got hurt in my game against the CPU Browns in case anyone was wondering why I picked up another HB.

Also, I'm listening to offers on WR Brad Smith (78 Overall) and I'd like a comparable WR in return or a WR/draft pick combination.

I am always amazed how dirty the CPU can play. The computer ran four halfback screens in a row. Nothing we can do, but it is kind of silly.

1. New York Giants / 0-4 / -88 / Sheldon Brown, CB

2. Green Bay Packers / 0-3 / -38 / Michael Turner, RB

3. Detroit Lions / 1-3 / -35 / JT Conheeney, WR

7. New York Jets / 2-2 / -25 / Chris Sentef, FS

12. Cincinnati Bengals / 2-2 / 22 / Ryan Swope, WR

15. Buffalo Bills / 2-2 / 39 / Willis McGahee, RB

16. Denver Broncos / 3-1 / 20 / John Abraham, LOLB

17. Indianapolis Colts / 3-1 / 24 / Leon Washington, RB

18. Washington Redskins / 3-1 / 39 / Javier Arenas, CB

20. Chicago Bears / 4-0 / 33 / Randy Moss, WR

21. Tennessee Titans / 4-0 / 42 / Tramaine Brock, CB

Teams that have yet to sign a free agent, you have until we advance to Week 6. After that, we're going to close it back up again. I think the willy nilly signing of during the season is just too unstructured. If EA had handled it like they do offseason free agency, I think we could roll with leaving it open. But I really don't like the "just take who you want" style of it.

LMAO...what the fuck? I'm about to play njrockpd for the Titans vs Chiefs game, and I go to sign my free agent...and I can't find him. I look in the transactions to see who took him...and it was njrockpd. I'm kind of laughing about it, but God damn, dude. You didn't even post in here first. Taking my guy AND not following proper procedure. Are you trying to troll me here? lol

bread's done
Back