CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Lol, sneaky fero, reading the wrong thread. my bad boys! editing post now.
You're not a cop are you? Because you have to tell us if you are.

oyfsp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, just wanted to say, I will shamelessly be putting a CB at FS again to cover the TE shit. After trailing 21-3, njrockpd brought in Terrelle Pryor, and the read option + TE/HB throws became just too tough to stop. To his credit, he was trying to keep Dwayne Bowe involved too. But more often than not, Anthony Fasano or Jamaal Charles would get open before one of his receivers, and of course...you throw to the guy who's open.

But yeah, 7 of 12 completions went to the TE or HB. Just the way Madden is, but the route running to coverage ratio is way more skewed in the offense's favor for HB:LB and TE:LB/FS than it is for WR:CB. Not even going to say it's not valid and that teams don't throw to their TE's. But any coach getting ripped up by a TE would change his coverage...and we all know the pathetic options Madden gives us for that. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone sees my depth chart and wonders what's going on.

Group 1 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 AM EST on 10/5

Team / Record / Point Differential / Player Added

1. New York Giants / 0-4 / -88 / Sheldon Brown, CB

2. Green Bay Packers / 0-3 / -38 / Michael Turner, RB

3. Detroit Lions / 1-3 / -35 / JT Conheeney, WR

4. Seattle Seahawks / 1-3 / -4

5. Oakland Raiders / 1-3 / -3 / Antoine Winfield, CB

6. Pittsburgh Steelers / 1-3 / -3

7. New York Jets / 2-2 / -25 / Chris Sentef, FS

Group 2 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 PM EST on 10/5

Team / Record / Point Differential

8. Minnesota Vikings / 2-2 / -12

9. New Orleans Saints / 2-2 / -12

10. Dallas Cowboys / 2-2 / 1

11. Baltimore Ravens / 2-2 / 10

12. Cincinnati Bengals / 2-2 / 22 / Ryan Swope, WR

13. Kansas City Chiefs / 2-2 / 30 / Mike Thomas, WR

14. Miami Dolphins / 2-2 / 33

15. Buffalo Bills / 2-2 / 39 / Willis McGahee, RB

Group 3 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 AM EST on 10/6

Team / Record / Point Differential

16. Denver Broncos / 3-1 / 20 / John Abraham, LOLB

17. Indianapolis Colts / 3-1 / 24 / Leon Washington, RB

18. Washington Redskins / 3-1 / 39 / Javier Arenas, CB

19. Carolina Panthers / 3-0 / 49 / Stanford Routt, CB

20. Chicago Bears / 4-0 / 33 / Randy Moss, WR

21. Tennessee Titans / 4-0 / 42 / Tramaine Brock, CB

22. Philadelphia Eagles / 4-0 / 56 / Brandon Lloyd, WR

Teams that have yet to sign a free agent, you have until we advance to Week 6. After that, we're going to close it back up again. I think the willy nilly signing of during the season is just too unstructured. If EA had handled it like they do offseason free agency, I think we could roll with leaving it open. But I really don't like the "just take who you want" style of it.

Also, the Steelers owner informed me that he's dropping due to having a really busy schedule. So, we've got another CPU team/Fan opening if there are any Steelers fans out there.

Unless everyone needs a punter I can't imagine a ton of people jumping on the backups remaining in an open FA. Maybe a couple of people will sign one or two more players, but a third of the people here haven't even signed a first one yet.

If its not open this year does that mean it won't be open next year during the season as well? 

Unless everyone needs a punter I can't imagine a ton of people jumping on the backups remaining in an open FA. Maybe a couple of people will sign one or two more players, but a third of the people here haven't even signed a first one yet.

If its not open this year does that mean it won't be open next year during the season as well?
That kind of proves the point though. That means a handful of teams are just going to be able to run rampant through whatever free agents are available. I'm not drastically opposed to more free agent signings. I just don't like the system as is. Even putting some kind of limit on in-season free agent signings would be more agreeable to me.

For instance, what if we said teams could sign 3 free agents during the season? (not counting lowest rated injury replacements to just allow your team to take the field of course) This way, you couldn't just sign a guy and say "oh, he sucks", and then just go grab somebody else. I get that there aren't a lot of big names left, but there are still some high speed guys, high catch guys, etc. The thought that people can just continuously tinker until they've assembled the perfect "Madden Team" is annoying. Again, I'm open to ideas here. I just don't like the system that EA has in place for in-season signings.

I cut too many players at the beginning of the season so I have a incomplete roster so I would be happy to sign two more players.

What about just doing another round of the current system? It's no big deal either way, to me.
I think this is a good idea. There is one more position I would really like to address. After that, maybe I would consider a third option, but nothing is as high a priority as the position I already upgraded and the one I still want to deal with.

My system froze during the first game I tried to play the Patriots. That's why the game was restarted once.

I also lost Jermaine Gresham for 7 weeks, so that sucks. At least I have Tyler Eifert as a replacement.

What about just doing another round of the current system? It's no big deal either way, to me.
I would be fine with that...and would feel much better about it than opening it up entirely. See, US Congress. This is how you compromise, lol.

We should obviously wait for the next advance before starting the second go round though. That way, we can keep the same schedule and everyone can make their pick during the same week. Also, teams that miss out on this week wouldn't be allowed to just sign two guys. So, if anybody wants to PM any of the remaining teams (remember, Steelers dropped though) and let them know what's going on, that would be helpful.

I've been following the thread. Just haven't popped madden into my drive and I hate using the website (as ive said multiple times, lol) since all I have are mobile devices.

Ravens dolphins should be going down tonight after the MNF game so I'll look at free agents then.

Ravens beat Dolphins 17-14. Corey Graham got an int on the 1 yd line wih under 2 minutes left and I was able to run out the clock afterwards.

Ravens add: QB Matt Flynn
Drop: WR Brandon Stokley

Ravens beat Dolphins 17-14. Corey Graham got an int on the 1 yd line wih under 2 minutes left and I was able to run out the clock afterwards.
Ravens add: QB Matt Flynn
Drop: WR Brandon Stokley
It drives me crazy the inconsistency of booth reviews in this game when it's under 2 minutes. Now I admit that it was a horrible throw, but it didn't look like both feet were in bounds to me but of course I could do nothing. I've had them review things that make no sense when playing offline.

Giants finally get a victory after Jacquian Williams recovers a Mike Vick fumble in OT for a touchdown.  Good game scrub0bk

Ah, crap. Sorry guys. I forgot to advance the league last night (blame the Rift, lol) and I had a dentist appointment this morning.

We have now advanced to Week 6. We're going to do another round of free agency. I realize that these standings are no longer accurate when you factor in last week's games, but I really don't feel like doing it all over again. And since I'm late getting this going anyway, how about we switch up the times? Let's do it like this.

Group 1 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 PM EST on 10/9

Team / Record / Point Differential / First Player Added / Second Player Added

1. New York Giants / 0-4 / -88 / Sheldon Brown, CB

3. Detroit Lions / 1-3 / -35 / JT Conheeney, WR

5. Oakland Raiders / 1-3 / -3 / Antoine Winfield, CB

6. New York Jets / 2-2 / -25 / Chris Sentef, FS

7. Minnesota Vikings / 2-2 / -12

Group 2 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 AM EST on 10/10

8. New Orleans Saints / 2-2 / -12

9. Dallas Cowboys / 2-2 / 1

10. Baltimore Ravens / 2-2 / 10

11. Cincinnati Bengals / 2-2 / 22 / Ryan Swope, WR

12. Kansas City Chiefs / 2-2 / 30 / Mike Thomas, WR

13. Miami Dolphins / 2-2 / 33

14. Buffalo Bills / 2-2 / 39 / Willis McGahee, RB

Group 3 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 PM EST on 10/10

15. Denver Broncos / 3-1 / 20 / John Abraham, LOLB

16. Indianapolis Colts / 3-1 / 24 / Leon Washington, RB

17. Washington Redskins / 3-1 / 39 / Javier Arenas, CB

18. Carolina Panthers / 3-0 / 49 / Stanford Routt, CB

19. Chicago Bears / 4-0 / 33 / Randy Moss, WR

20. Tennessee Titans / 4-0 / 42 / Tramaine Brock, CB

21. Philadelphia Eagles / 4-0 / 56 / Brandon Lloyd, WR

And again, if you did not sign a free agent during Week 5, you missed out on that round. Lucky for you, you have another crack at getting one player. Teams will have until we advance to Week 7 to make their selection. After that, we're going to close it back up again. I think the willy nilly signing of during the season is just too unstructured. If EA had handled it like they do offseason free agency, I think we could roll with leaving it open. But I really don't like the "just take who you want" style of it.

Just got word that Superstar is having to drop from the league. This could be our first interesting fan scenario, as I know we had other Cowboys fans in here. Looking back through the thread, it looks like DVO and jbake were wanting them. Obviously, since DVO isn't playing this year, that gives jbake the option of giving up the Raiders and staking his claim as the Cowboy's "Fan" moving forward. It's up to him if he wants to do that.

I appreciate the opportunity but if it's okay with you id like to keep the Raiders. I like the reclamation project.

I appreciate the opportunity but if it's okay with you id like to keep the Raiders. I like the reclamation project.
Yeah, that's totally fine. As much as I'd like to have a fan for each team, I wouldn't FORCE somebody to switch mid-franchise. It's also interesting to see how people have taken to their assigned teams. I kind of figured this might happen.

Ive already set personal goals with some of my players, and I said I wanted to build Tyler Bray so I'm sticking to it. There will be some growing pains lol

Before I do my signing... Are we allowed to move a ROLB to LOLB or RE to LE?

EDIT: Nevermind... I must have missed that part about moving players in the OP regarding Defense.

Add: RE Ronnel Lewis

Drop: RE Israel Idonije

Group 1 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 PM EST on 10/9

1. New York Giants / 0-4 / -88 / Sheldon Brown, CB / Joe McKnight, RB

3. Detroit Lions / 1-3 / -35 / JT Conheeney, WR / Ronnell Lewis, RE

5. Oakland Raiders / 1-3 / -3 / Antoine Winfield, CB / Dontay Moch, ROLB

6. New York Jets / 2-2 / -25 / Chris Sentef, FS / David Buehler, K

7. Minnesota Vikings / 2-2 / -12

Group 2 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 AM EST on 10/10

8. New Orleans Saints / 2-2 / -12

9. Dallas Cowboys / 2-2 / 1

10. Baltimore Ravens / 2-2 / 10 / Matt Flynn, QB

11. Cincinnati Bengals / 2-2 / 22 / Ryan Swope, WR / Jahvid Best, RB

12. Kansas City Chiefs / 2-2 / 30 / Mike Thomas, WR

13. Miami Dolphins / 2-2 / 33

14. Buffalo Bills / 2-2 / 39 / Willis McGahee, RB

Group 3 - May Choose a Free Agent Starting at 10:00 PM EST on 10/10

15. Denver Broncos / 3-1 / 20 / John Abraham, LOLB

16. Indianapolis Colts / 3-1 / 24 / Leon Washington, RB

17. Washington Redskins / 3-1 / 39 / Javier Arenas, CB

18. Carolina Panthers / 3-0 / 49 / Stanford Routt, CB

19. Chicago Bears / 4-0 / 33 / Randy Moss, WR

20. Tennessee Titans / 4-0 / 42 / Tramaine Brock, CB

21. Philadelphia Eagles / 4-0 / 56 / Brandon Lloyd, WR

And again, if you did not sign a free agent during Week 5, you missed out on that round. Lucky for you, you have another crack at getting one player. Teams will have until we advance to Week 7 to make their selection. After that, we're going to close it back up again. I think the willy nilly signing of during the season is just too unstructured. If EA had handled it like they do offseason free agency, I think we could roll with leaving it open. But I really don't like the "just take who you want" style of it.

Hey n8 send me a league invite when u get a chance
I'm going to hop on and send you an invite now because your opponent this week is Joelypoley (Redskins). He was asking me about playing the CPU earlier because he didn't want to wait until the last minute. I know you said you're going out of town this weekend, but if you guys can get something worked out for today, that would be great.

The trade committee is looking to reject some trades... ;)
I have a special keyboard I use when voting on trades. It only has two keys: "n" and "o". That's why some of my responses just say "on".

twick and I were scheduled for 9:30. I've been waiting for 20 minutes. He's online playing another game. I messaged him asking if he was planning on playing our game, but got no response. I'll give it another 5 or 10 minutes, but them I'm done for the night.

I keep forgetting to look at the FA pool while I'm online! In other news, Saints barely beat the Pats. Brees is not happy with all the picks I'm throwing.

Giants weren't prepared for newly signed Dennis Dixon and the read option which led to a Bears victory in OT.
gg. I wasn't expecting to play him but after that 3rd INT by Cutler, I had enough. It looked like you were in position to stop the read but that lag kind of screwed things up. I was lucky you ran out of time in regulation.

Final trade block for the Bears (these players won't/can't re-sign with me):

WR Devin Hester

QB Jay Cutler

MLB DJ Williams

Looking for draft picks or Center 80+ Overall

Just played my CPU game and had a much closer game than it should have been.  Was up 21-6 at half and got a late turnover to hold on.  Ended up kicking a field goal at the end to win 24-13.  Need to work on my time management.  Ended up having to call an unnecessary play before the 2 minute warning because I lost track of the play clock.  Since the chargers had all 3 timeouts it could have really come back to bite me in the ass.

Should have had a defensive touchdown at the end to ice it but the AI was idiotic.  Forced a defensive fumble and had a clean run to the end zone for what would have been like a 90 yard TD.  Instead of blocking the one player who could tackle me, my AI teammate instead caught up to me and started running right in front of me slowing me down instead so I got caught from behind.  Great job EA.

bread's done
Back