CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

We have also advanced to Week 2 of the preseason and commissioner duties have been handed off to KasterDB. I just wanted to make sure I didn't forget about it as today gets crazier and I get caught up in packing/preparing for my trip.

The next advance should be either late on Christmas Eve...or sometime Christmas morning...depending on whenever Kaster is available. Fortunately, it can be done from the website, so hopefully it won't tarnish his holiday too much with EA nonsense, lol. Thanks again for being willing to help out, Kaster. Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is your friendly deputy commissioner reminder that free agency is now completely open with the exception of guys claimed in the thread that have not been picked up yet. The advance should be late tonight but before Santa arrives. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Team: Bills

Add:
LE William Hayes
LOLB Scott Shanle
ROLB Jamaal Westerman

Drop:
HB Cody Chubb

We've advanced to preseason week 3. Next advance will be Thursday night/Friday morning.

If you aren't intending to play your preseason games, put yourself on autopilot so that people who would like to play theirs have that available to them. Thanks!

Quick question. I'm at 53 players now, am I allowed to cut a player and sign someone else?
I would hope so..actually I picked up a few players yesterday with the assumption that as long as I cut to 53 before the regular season begins that it would be okay...

I was under the impression that that is the case. You can sign whoever during the preseason, but you have to be at 53 players by the time the season starts.

I will also be advancing us in a few minutes. Just a heads up.

We've advanced to week 4 of the preseason. The next advance will be Sunday afternoon, at which point I will be heading out of town and transferring commissioner back to Nate.

A couple of observations:

1. Why did the CPU 49ers drop Frank Gore when we advanced? He's mine now.

2. Why the fuck is Andy Reid the coach of the Eagles again?

A couple of observations:

1. Why did the CPU 49ers drop Frank Gore when we advanced? He's mine now.

2. Why the fuck is Andy Reid the coach of the Eagles again?
Like you needed another running back :) and yeah, the Andy Reid thing is funny. We had owners for both KC and Philly and when they left I guess the Eagles decided to take back Reid. Hilarious.

Damn. That's what I get for taking my kid to the movie, I miss out on Frank Gore lol.

On another note, anyone interested in SS Antrele Rolle? Rated 88 overall in my scheme, last year of his contract.

If anyone is interested in Sam Bradford send me a message. 

Sam Bradford :  6'4"   EXP 4   Age 26

THP 88 , SAC 90 , MAC 84 , DAC 82 , THRUN 76 , PAC 75 , SPD 73 , AWR 82

He's an effective pocket qb and still has years of development, but the Rams are moving in a different direction with our star rookie

Looking for RBs or draft pick(s) or anything slightly reasonable that works for both teams

If anyone is interested in Sam Bradford send me a message.

Sam Bradford : 6'4" EXP 4 Age 26

THP 88 , SAC 90 , MAC 84 , DAC 82 , THRUN 76 , PAC 75 , SPD 73 , AWR 82

He's an effective pocket qb and still has years of development, but the Rams are moving in a different direction with our star rookie

Looking for RBs or draft pick(s) or anything slightly reasonable that works for both teams
Do you even play here?

Ah, yes, slipped my mind. Everyone welcome tony! He's the newest member of the league, taking over the St. Louis Rams (obviously).

haha my bad I forgot to introduce myself. But yeah, I just got control of the Rams a few days ago and I haven't been able to post because I just made this account. Sorry guys. 

just had a pretty good game last night against the redskins who were lighting me up early with rg3 who seemed to develop really well.  it was neck and neck until the fourth quarter tim tebow started throwing off target and we pulled away with mostly defense getting us field position.

haha my bad I forgot to introduce myself. But yeah, I just got control of the Rams a few days ago and I haven't been able to post because I just made this account. Sorry guys.

just had a pretty good game last night against the redskins who were lighting me up early with rg3 who seemed to develop really well. it was neck and neck until the fourth quarter tim tebow started throwing off target and we pulled away with mostly defense getting us field position.
No problem. Welcome to the league! Let me know if you want to trade for Stewart or Williams.

I've switched commissioner back to Nate, just so everyone is aware. I did not advance us though so that will be when he gets a chance

We haven't advanced yet? fuck that, I'm outta here!
suckittrebekdesign.gif

Actually, I'm logged onto the website on my Touchpad, and I'm not seeing that advance league button. I'm a little confused because I'm not on a mobile version of the site, and everything else looks normal. Can somebody confirm that I am indeed commissioner again? I'll be traveling back home tomorrow, so if nothing gets done by then, don't panic. I should be home around 6pm est.

It's because you're still on auto I think
lmao...oh, EA. How you bring me such joy. So, if the commissioner is on auto, he can't manage anything from the website. Well, fortunately, I'm back home now. So, I'll load up Madden here briefly and get us advanced. Sorry for the hold up, guys. Kaster and I did the sexiest dance we could, but EA is a stingy bitch.

All right, we have advanced to Week 1 of the regular season! (hip hip) I'm hoping that since we had a bit of an extra delay here, everybody is fine just switching back to the standard 4 days for advancement now. That would put the deadline for Week 1 at 1/4. For our new member (and anyone else whose memory is fuzzy), that means 1/4 is the last day to play your game.  If anybody has any huge problems with it, speak up. But I'm hoping we'll all be back to normal lives and schedules by then.

Injuries are back on, correct?  Just asking as a reminder mostly...

Damn, I gotta play the rams twice in a row...they pasted me last week.

Injuries are back on, correct? Just asking as a reminder mostly...

Damn, I gotta play the rams twice in a row...they pasted me last week.
Yes, injuries are back on. As for the Rams new owner, as long as he's playing by the rules and is being respectful, you should just look at it as an opportunity to elevate your own game.

Division rival game going down now between Panthers and Saints. Saints are at home so here's hoping that dome magic works in Madden today.

And already know that's not happening... 2 throws... 2 picks...

Edit: Saints managed to win the turnover battle in a turnover heavy game. And win the game. I can breathe a bit easier now with 1 W under my belt against the reigning division (and conference?) champs. Like I said at the end of last season, I'm a fan of this little division rivalry and looking forward to seeing how it shakes out this year. GG Brown Wing.

Dodged a bullet in my game against the CPU Bucs.  Luck got injured on the one read option play I called for the game but it was only a strained hip so he only missed the rest of the drive.  Ended up throwing a TD with Brady Quinn on that drive too.  Bradshaw showed up big in the second half, getting me a big lead so I ended up putting Quinn back in and got my rookie HB a little playing time too.

Edit - Just noticed that both Luck and Quinn had no incompletions.  Need to take a picture and frame that.  Will probably never happen again.

Edit - Just noticed that both Luck and Quinn had no incompletions. Need to take a picture and frame that. Will probably never happen again.
Haha, I had the same thing in my game against Houston. Locker went 10-10 and Fitzpatrick went 1-1. Houston was so run committed though. I only managed like 56 yards with Chris Johnson on 14 carries. Freaking Brian Cushing is an asshole, lol.

I just quit my game with the rams, it was unbearably laggy.  There was some lag last time I played him, but since it was preseason it didn't bother me. 

I'm not sure if it is his connection or just an EA issue, we can try later if he has a normally fast enough connection...

I just quit my game with the rams, it was unbearably laggy. There was some lag last time I played him, but since it was preseason it didn't bother me.

I'm not sure if it is his connection or just an EA issue, we can try later if he has a normally fast enough connection...
Thanks for letting me know. This definitely needs to be sorted out. No room for laggy connections. Hope he can fix it. At the very least, if he's running wireless, going wired should be considered.

Thanks for letting me know. This definitely needs to be sorted out. No room for laggy connections. Hope he can fix it. At the very least, if he's running wireless, going wired should be considered.
I sent him some messages on here both before and after I quit asking about his connection...he read them but hasn't responded.

I'm plugged in to the router and there was no interference at home.  It was bad when we played earlier, but last time we played, the game went through just fine.  I guess I'll try resetting everything though if it is definitely my fault. Sorry guys.

I'm plugged in to the router and there was no interference at home. It was bad when we played earlier, but last time we played, the game went through just fine. I guess I'll try resetting everything though if it is definitely my fault. Sorry guys.
It happens. I'm not trying to say 100% that it was your fault. But bfauble has played here for several seasons and hasn't had connection issues before that I've been aware of. It could have been a problem on EA's end or even just one of those "peak hour" issues. As long as it's not a consistent problem, it's no big deal. Plus, we all need a good router/modem cycle every once in a while.

We were able to get the game in.  It was a little laggy at the beginning, but by the end of the 1st QTR it was smooth.  Skins lose by 7, too many picks & too many drops.

On the plus side, I was able to knock his stud rookie QB out for the next 3 weeks lol.

We were able to get the game in. It was a little laggy at the beginning, but by the end of the 1st QTR it was smooth. Skins lose by 7, too many picks & too many drops.

On the plus side, I was able to knock his stud rookie QB out for the next 3 weeks lol.
This made the game very interesting considering my whole formation and scheme was built around him. I guess not trading Sam Bradford was a blessing in disguise, but he better earn his money!

Oh and watch out for Alfred Morris. That guy took me by surprise quite a few times.

Giants narrowly beat the Eagles, 13-10. Defense sacks Nick Foles five times, including three from the newly resigned duo of Linval Joseph (two) and JPP (one). Eli Manning goes 17-21, throws for 217 yards and a touchdown and Connor Barth's second field goal of the game comes as time expires. 

Just to make the official announcement, we have advanced to Week 2. The deadline will be 1/8. With as few members as we have now, I feel like mentioning the human vs human games is relevant. This week, we have:

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Ravens (flyersfan)

Redskins (bfauble83) vs Cowboys (DVO21)

And to be quite honest, I'm not 100% sure that DVO is even interested in this league anymore. He didn't show up for the draft, and I don't think he's done anything with his team since (including not playing his Week 1 CPU game). So, bfauble, definitely contact him asap and keep me updated.

Just to make the official announcement, we have advanced to Week 2. The deadline will be 1/8. With as few members as we have now, I feel like mentioning the human vs human games is relevant. This week, we have:

Colts (DarkTower80) vs Ravens (flyersfan)

Redskins (bfauble83) vs Cowboys (DVO21)

And to be quite honest, I'm not 100% sure that DVO is even interested in this league anymore. He didn't show up for the draft, and I don't think he's done anything with his team since (including not playing his Week 1 CPU game). So, bfauble, definitely contact him asap and keep me updated.
I'll send him a message now...

Yeah, more than likely he'll be put (and left) on auto pilot. I can't imagine not checking in on his team in almost a month and still having a desire to play.
If you can do it before tomorrow evening, I can try to play the CPU after I get home from work. I did send him a message on live, maybe he'll respond in the meantime...

bread's done
Back